Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I can’t imagine being open-minded enough that if my partner told me one of their exes was their sibling I’d be able to continue in the relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

a whole world of fuckable people out there and you just go for your brother or sister I mean how lazy can you get

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the one case I would be able to deal with is a separated at/near birth and breaking up after discovering the truth situation

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

indigi posted:

the one case I would be able to deal with is a separated at/near birth and breaking up after discovering the truth situation

ah yes the ol' princess leah

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’d also find a way to deal with it if they were rich and didn’t want a prenup

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

This is the same mental process that leads libertarians to celebrate robust child markets and whatever

Some combination of ideological rigidity, inability to understand right and wrong without resorting to an ideological rubric, and unstated weird personal sexual hang-ups

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I believe that she did disapprove of incest because she was told to disapprove of it.

The next question to ask probably should have been "I wonder why I was told to disapprove of incest?"

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

In high school there was this girl in my same year that I had a liking for, and we eventually talked and decided to go on a date, but that week wasn't good for either of us, so we planned for the following weekend.

That weekend I drove out of the city to attend my great grandmother's funeral and she was there too (which is why we were both busy that week). Turns out we were cousins.

We did not go on a date after that. I want to make a joke about gramma having some excellent timing, but it feels bad. I don't know why I am posting this, just made me remember and laugh.

That person tweeting has their heart, and not their mind, in the right place. Sometimes you can simply just, not argue a point, even if you think you've fine-printed/loopholed your way into a truth. Feel free to think this thing, but realize literally everyone will think you're insane if you open your mouth. Just don't! There's no upside!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

cmndstab posted:

I believe that she did disapprove of incest because she was told to disapprove of it.

The next question to ask probably should have been "I wonder why I was told to disapprove of incest?"

the hapsburgs gain power once more with every cousin loving, and thus it must be stopped

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

cmndstab posted:

if thinking incest is wrong means I'm an NPC sheeple that's been brainwashed by the mainstream media, then yeah I guess so

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/cszabla/status/1525782499775123464?t=N95Y1phpkBqMuvtzLJpehw&s=19

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There are certainly times for 'so open minded your brain falls out'

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is the same mental process that leads libertarians to celebrate robust child markets and whatever

Some combination of ideological rigidity, inability to understand right and wrong without resorting to an ideological rubric, and unstated weird personal sexual hang-ups

the devil challenges God's best warriors with really hot sisters

is that Chuka?!?!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It is

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
how the hell you fail in politics and go into jpmorgan.. wait of course you do

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's a reward for helping gently caress over corbyn

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

the cool thing about incest is that genetic problems only really start showing up after a few generations, which is how you then get the habsburgs :v:

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Love to treat one of the most widespread circumstances characterizing sexual assault as some brave resistance against society and its taboos.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Twitter is a sorting machine designed to identify the rare subset of the population that can’t stop posting. A humane society would figure out how to give them the help they need.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They're lacking the concept of "power imbalance" from their ideology, probably bc they want to frame sex work as inherently consensual

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

I AM GRANDO posted:

Twitter is a sorting machine designed to identify the rare subset of the population that can’t stop posting. A humane society would figure out how to give them the help they need.

Reg date: 2006. I have bad news op

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I was taught in school that every known society has some sort of incest taboo, even though it may not apply to all members of the society. (With wildly differing definitions of what constitutes 'incest'.) When you add that in to the Westermarck effect, there's more going on than just "Oh, you were taught this was bad, but there's nothing wrong with it."

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

"britain's obama" god drat that's an ice cold dismissal

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

War and Pieces posted:

They're lacking the concept of "power imbalance" from their ideology, probably bc they want to frame sex work as inherently consensual

Under the kind of market economy they have been taught to think of as the only possibility and the natural order of things, there can only be personal choice by individuals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1526359220890779655?s=20&t=5u9HjbX9-3tf3siPnf6ing

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:gonk:

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

Flesh Forge posted:

"britain's obama" god drat that's an ice cold dismissal

He also wrote his own Wikipedia entry, including the bit about being British Obama.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Please tell me nobody agrees lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
He got there eventually:
https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1526359476521078788?s=20&t=KHqPhKr7BF4xVzASXHz5lw
https://twitter.com/TheQuartering/status/1526360320784089088?s=20&t=KHqPhKr7BF4xVzASXHz5lw

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

"This is either a fundamental difference between men and women, or I need therapy" is a pretty good sentence

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I don't know that having my mother vs my father be the one sticking their finger in my rear end in a top hat while cuddling my balls would be necessarily better or worse :thunk:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

oh it'd be way worse if it was my mother: she's been dead for over a decade

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

StashAugustine posted:

"This is either a fundamental difference between men and women, or I need therapy" is a pretty good sentence

egg detected

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Doc Hawkins posted:

oh it'd be way worse if it was my mother: she's been dead for over a decade

Sounds like a thinner finger.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

StashAugustine posted:

Purely psychosomatic

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

HootTheOwl posted:

thinner in some ways, maybe thicker in others: we did a cremation

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, worse

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Let alone that steam engines weren't internal-combustion, or that people in the Industrial Revolution did not, in fact, have access to the means of production.

I think they're saying that mass production of internal combustion engines put that sort of industrial power into many more people's hands than with steam engines.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Small mom&pop proctology clinics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/UnderTheThunde2/status/1527011934763196419?t=a_e7tw6nUPRwraSGp9BsHw&s=19