Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Sup dudes,

on a chill lap at MX last night I got into a tank slapper at the base of a jump that might have killed me. It was totally fine tho.

Bad video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93zbDnMtPUQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

tjones posted:

From the news article it appears the rider didn't stick around. That makes him a piece of poo poo that was involved in an altercation that caused an innocent person to wreck (SUV) and didn't stop to help.

Car driver is also a piece of poo poo, but the guy on the bike had plenty of options that would not resort to him nearly getting run over and another person flipping their vehicle at highway speed. If it can be proven the driver swerved with malicious intent I hope they are thrown in jail.

But mainly, if you're gonna kick a car in aggression you deserve whatever happens after. To top it off, dudes a bitch for not stopping after the poo poo hit the fan.

There's no way the driver swerving into the motorcyclist was anything but intentional and he should be in jail. I don't care if the guy on the bike started it, in a bike vs. car situation the car wins 99% of the time due to sheer mass alone. the driver should have called 911, disengaged, etc. I'm also gonna second that guy's LOL at the Escalade flipping over.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
They're both assholes, they both deserve to be in jail.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Should everyone that made the driver angry that day also be arrested?

tjones
May 13, 2005
Are you positing that the rider was justified in kicking the car and should not be held accountable along with the driver?

It was mentioned the witness recording the incident did so because the bike had already kicked the car from the other side prior. I seriously doubt this was a one sided pissing match.

I can't tell who is serious and who is trolling at this point. Everyone realizes this poo poo makes bikers in general look like huge entitled cry baby assholes and equally perpetuates the opinion that running us over is justifiable the same way some of you have no problem with the guy kicking at the car, right?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

My guess is biker splitting lanes, car tries to be an rear end and block the biker, biker kicks the passenger side, then the events in the video occur.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'll leave on this note: https://youtu.be/qC-IKm2Di5s

We should all strive to be more chill dudes at the end of the day. poo poo is so much better when people aren't constantly trying to one up each other by acting like massive dicks.

Also if situations continue to escalate in lane splitting scenarios (if this was one) like ones I've recently seen, we can throw any small hope of it being drafted in other state statutes out the window.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was half kidding. Both parties are at fault but it was the driver who took things to the next level by swerving and losing control, causing the accident.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Bobby Biker is riding on a fine summer day. Conrad Cardriver is also out for a Sunday drive. They are both traveling West on U.S. Interstate Highway 21. The East bound side of I-21 is three lanes, much like the West bound side of I-21. However, the West bound side has a high occupancy vehicle lane. The hours of operation for the HOV lane are clearly marked as 6-9 AM and 4-7 PM Monday through Friday for the prior twenty miles of road, but there is a small sign that occurs consistently throughout which indicates that the HOV lane is for use by "passenger cars with three or more passengers or motorcycles" only. It is common local knowledge that the police in the area ticket any cars driven with two or fewer passengers in this section at all times.

As they travel down the road, Conrad Cardriver was listening to Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" at full blast. Conrad Cardriver had seen the prior signs indicating the hours of operation of the HOV lane but, because he had been engrossed by his music, had been inattentive and not seen the smaller signs. Meanwhile, Bobby Biker had driven his motorcycle at a rate of 85 mph between the cars to escape a nest of angry hornets that had been chasing him since he stopped for gas. Upon evading the hornets, Bobby Biker slowed to the speed of traffic and merged into the HOV lane in a section of road that was clearly marked with a single, solid white line. Conrad Cardriver's car was equipped with a bluetooth audio soundsystem which he had connected to his phone. The system was faulty but Conrad Cardriver had decided that it was worth a few interruptions to continue listening to music from his phone over the car's stereo system. The faults were, at the time of manufacture, known by the company that built the car but not by the company that built the audio system, however they were not deemed material and so production (including that of Conrad's car) continued without remedy.

One of the faults was that any noise over 150 DB would cause any connected phone to switch to a low-fi recording of Celine Deion's "My Heart Will Go On." Bobby Biker's motorcycle was equipped with an aftermarket "Whooping Eagle" exhaust which was manufactured only for Bobby Biker's model of motorcycle and had been clearly marked "for closed course use only." The manufacturers of the Whooping Eagle exhaust system sold the exhaust system with what is colloquially known as "a wink and a nod." To wit, they had full knowledge that the attachment of the Whooping Eagle exhaust system to the motorcycle for which it was manufactured would cause such motorcycle to fail any tests required by ordinances regarding noise made by street vehicles.

Bobby Biker passed Conrad Cardriver in his flight from the wasps and pulled into the HOV lane twenty car lengths ahead of Conrad Cardriver. As Bobby Biker passed Conrad Cardriver, Conrad Cardriver's bluetooth audio system switched the music in Conrad Cardriver's car to a low-fi recording of Celine Deion's "My Heart Will Go On." The bluetooth audio system used wireless data on Conrad Cardriver's mobile phone to stream this song. But for the song, Conrad Cardriver would have heard Bobby Biker's loud pipes and been aware of the presence of Bobby Biker. Conrad Cardriver's exposure to a low-fi recording of My Heart Will Go On caused Conrad Cardriver to begin accelerating. Because the highway had traffic on it, Conrad Cardriver attempted to merge into the HOV lane. When Conrad Cardriver merged into the HOV lane he crossed a single unbroken white line and two single unbroken yellow lines. Bobby Biker saw Conrad Cardriver merging and kicked Conrad Cardriver's car. In response to the kick, Conrad Cardriver swerved toward Bobby Biker. In the act of swerving, Conrad Cardriver lost control of his car. Conrad Cardriver's car caromed out of control, eventually colliding with Debbie Driver's truck. This collision caused Debbie Driver's truck to crash by flipping over and resulted in the truck being "totaled." Debbie Driver suffered neck and back injuries which required extensive physical therapy and led to her being unable to perform her duties at work and to being unable to have ordinary marital relations with her husband.

What cause or causes of action might the following people have and under what theories of law? What will their damages be and who will pay them? Please explain fully.

Bobby Biker

Conrad Cardriver

Debbie Driver and her family

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Oh that's easy, it's Debbie Driver. Any person ostentatious enough to drive an Escalade deserves any and all punishment up to and including being put against the wall. All her and her family's assets should be forfeited to the state for redistribution. Bobby Biker and Conrad Cardriver should be given new vehicles commiserate with their needs.

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!
It looks to me like that Escalade accelerates right into being sideswiped, while all the traffic around it sensibly equates "giant fireball = slow the gently caress down". Did coredump buy a truck by any chance?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

builds character posted:

Bobby Biker is riding on a fine summer day. Conrad Cardriver is also out for a Sunday drive. They are both traveling West on U.S. Interstate Highway 21. The East bound side of I-21 is three lanes, much like the West bound side of I-21. However, the West bound side has a high occupancy vehicle lane. The hours of operation for the HOV lane are clearly marked as 6-9 AM and 4-7 PM Monday through Friday for the prior twenty miles of road, but there is a small sign that occurs consistently throughout which indicates that the HOV lane is for use by "passenger cars with three or more passengers or motorcycles" only. It is common local knowledge that the police in the area ticket any cars driven with two or fewer passengers in this section at all times.

As they travel down the road, Conrad Cardriver was listening to Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" at full blast. Conrad Cardriver had seen the prior signs indicating the hours of operation of the HOV lane but, because he had been engrossed by his music, had been inattentive and not seen the smaller signs. Meanwhile, Bobby Biker had driven his motorcycle at a rate of 85 mph between the cars to escape a nest of angry hornets that had been chasing him since he stopped for gas. Upon evading the hornets, Bobby Biker slowed to the speed of traffic and merged into the HOV lane in a section of road that was clearly marked with a single, solid white line. Conrad Cardriver's car was equipped with a bluetooth audio soundsystem which he had connected to his phone. The system was faulty but Conrad Cardriver had decided that it was worth a few interruptions to continue listening to music from his phone over the car's stereo system. The faults were, at the time of manufacture, known by the company that built the car but not by the company that built the audio system, however they were not deemed material and so production (including that of Conrad's car) continued without remedy.

One of the faults was that any noise over 150 DB would cause any connected phone to switch to a low-fi recording of Celine Deion's "My Heart Will Go On." Bobby Biker's motorcycle was equipped with an aftermarket "Whooping Eagle" exhaust which was manufactured only for Bobby Biker's model of motorcycle and had been clearly marked "for closed course use only." The manufacturers of the Whooping Eagle exhaust system sold the exhaust system with what is colloquially known as "a wink and a nod." To wit, they had full knowledge that the attachment of the Whooping Eagle exhaust system to the motorcycle for which it was manufactured would cause such motorcycle to fail any tests required by ordinances regarding noise made by street vehicles.

Bobby Biker passed Conrad Cardriver in his flight from the wasps and pulled into the HOV lane twenty car lengths ahead of Conrad Cardriver. As Bobby Biker passed Conrad Cardriver, Conrad Cardriver's bluetooth audio system switched the music in Conrad Cardriver's car to a low-fi recording of Celine Deion's "My Heart Will Go On." The bluetooth audio system used wireless data on Conrad Cardriver's mobile phone to stream this song. But for the song, Conrad Cardriver would have heard Bobby Biker's loud pipes and been aware of the presence of Bobby Biker. Conrad Cardriver's exposure to a low-fi recording of My Heart Will Go On caused Conrad Cardriver to begin accelerating. Because the highway had traffic on it, Conrad Cardriver attempted to merge into the HOV lane. When Conrad Cardriver merged into the HOV lane he crossed a single unbroken white line and two single unbroken yellow lines. Bobby Biker saw Conrad Cardriver merging and kicked Conrad Cardriver's car. In response to the kick, Conrad Cardriver swerved toward Bobby Biker. In the act of swerving, Conrad Cardriver lost control of his car. Conrad Cardriver's car caromed out of control, eventually colliding with Debbie Driver's truck. This collision caused Debbie Driver's truck to crash by flipping over and resulted in the truck being "totaled." Debbie Driver suffered neck and back injuries which required extensive physical therapy and led to her being unable to perform her duties at work and to being unable to have ordinary marital relations with her husband.

What cause or causes of action might the following people have and under what theories of law? What will their damages be and who will pay them? Please explain fully.

Bobby Biker

Conrad Cardriver

Solve for x

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

x=loss of consortium.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

builds character posted:

Bobby Biker

Conrad Cardriver

888 didn't read

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

builds character posted:

Bobby Biker

Conrad Cardriver

the act of swerving is more like attempted manslaughter while kicking the car is like simple assault so i hope the biker dude never gets ratted out and is smart enough to keep his mouth shut

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'd wager someone dumb enough to kick a car isn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Slavvy posted:

I'd wager someone dumb enough to kick a car isn't smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

nah i kicked the poo poo out a car and never told anyone

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

EX250 Type R posted:

nah i kicked the poo poo out a car and never told anyone

Until now

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

way to ruin the joke dick also i told everyone including the chief of police that took the accident report because idgaf and neither did he

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Ruining a rifkin joke means a days work well done

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
gods work lads

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Trials bike on a rollercoaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEUMwxzyDxI

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
4t worst t

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

God that 70s MV must have been a hell of a thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Norton and AJS retroactively step your game up

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

God that 70s MV must have been a hell of a thing.

Have I got my weird bike engines confused or was it a V8 or something similarly ridiculous?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Guzzi made a v8 in the 50s but it never did well, it was too ambitious. Unreliable, heavy, etc. 8 carbs, 8 sets of points, water cooled, etc.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I bet syncing 8 carbs is a lot of fun

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Took the Honda up the bottom half of Skyline drive. The twisties up and down to the entrances were fun and the actual ride was nice and scenic as well.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

a cute sea otter posted:

Did coredump buy a truck by any chance?

:allears:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Guzzi made a v8 in the 50s but it never did well, it was too ambitious. Unreliable, heavy, etc. 8 carbs, 8 sets of points, water cooled, etc.

I wish they'd try and bring it back with modern manufacturing/metallurgy/fuel injection.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
Found pictures of myself riding the Tourmalet pass in the Pyrinees; there's photographers there for the cyclists

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

High Protein posted:

Found pictures of myself riding the Tourmalet pass in the Pyrinees; there's photographers there for the cyclists

Was it tough riding with all those words swirling around you?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

dumb. posted:

That was by far my least favorite part about riding in the Pyrenees.

:words:

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

dumb. posted:

They want 13 bucks per picture so I'll make do with the words :)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://fat.gfycat.com/RegularAdoredBelugawhale.webm

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
What did that poor bike do to deserve that?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

High Protein posted:

They want 13 bucks per picture so I'll make do with the words :)
poo poo 13 is loving cheap. My local track day photographer wants $25 for a *single* digital file, or $50 for a CD with all your images for the day.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jazzzzz posted:

What did that poor bike do to deserve that?

Me too, man... me too. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Motorcycle snuff porn