Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Jalter and Cu Alter to 100, and Jack got one as my first SSR I got. I haven't decided what ti do with the rest yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

My grailing priority list

1. Musashi
2. Holmes
3. King Hassan
4. Altera
5. Ozy
5.5. Moriarty
6. Jalter
7. Jalterzerker
8. Merlin
9. Lalter
10. Arash
11. Cuzilla
12. Medea
13. David
14. Ridertoki
15. Herc
16. Assassin shiki

Hopefully Medea and David will get SSR versions before I finally get to spending grails on them

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 24, 2019

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tamamo to 100
Bedi to 80
Cu to 80

I don't really plan ahead except for the first case, so I got a few of the things sitting around

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Lancer Altria Alter, Jeanne Alter and Ishtar all to 100.

Before Ishtar, those last few grails were either going to Cu Alter or Jeanne. (Since she spooked me to NP5 despite me never rolling for her.) But then Rin forced my hand, and after NP2 within 3 tickets and a multi, she continued showing up while rolling for Xmas CEs, and within 450 SQ was NP5.

Next possible targets are Cu Alter or Jeanne once again, Meltryllis, Holmes, or Ereshkigal... though having two grailed AoE Lancers might dissuade me from that, unless she decides to pull an Ishtar on me.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

I grailed original and Berserker Cu to 100, but lost steam. I might grail the other two, eventually, but I'm starting to think about grailing some of my other favorites - Medea, Okita, and Edmond, in particular. When Orion hits NP5, there's a pretty good chance they'll get grailed to 100.

Also:
https://mobile.twitter.com/goemon_fgo/status/1109663916244647937

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

In JP I grailed Blackbeard and Hans to level 90 and Consort Yu to level 100
In NA I grailed Cu and George to level 80, and Da Vinci to level 100

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I will grail Arthur and only Arthur.

Can't believe we're getting another Sakuraface but still no Arcruied.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So far, I've only grailed Herc to 90 and Aŋra Mainiiu to 70 on NA.

Haven't grailed anyone yet on JP.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Grailed Cu Alter and Arthur to 100 and rider Martha to 90.

Not sure who to grail next.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I Grail people when I feel like it

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I've grailed:

Bedivere
Summer Martha
Hans

Planning to grail:

B.B
Parvati.
Salieri.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I want to grail Jaguar Warrior, but I won’t let myself grail a servant until they’re 10/10/10.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've grailed Medusa and Jalter to 100, and Medea to 80. I think that's the sum total of my Grail usage thus far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh yeah I'll probably get taiga to 80, maybe more

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
FSN Cu Chulainn - 100
Cu Alter - 100
Fujino - 90
Ryougi Shiki - 90
Nitocris - 90
Onicure - 90
Salter - 90
Saber Diarmuid - 90
Bedivere - 80
David - 80

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
I grailed Cu Alter to 100 because he was my first SSR.

He's also good mechanically but I grailed him for being the first SSR I got.

I also grailed FSN Cu to 80, Saberlot to 90, and am currently grailing LAlter up to 100.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

serefin99 posted:

Tamamo to 100
Tama-Cat to 100
In the process of getting Tama-Lancer to 100

I... kind of love Tamamo, if you couldn't tell. (And yes I am planning to grail Vicchi to 100 as well.)

Tamamo is good. Can't wait for tamamo assassin in NA.

How good is consort yu because she seems really good and all.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

I know Mata Hari is never going to be good, but as one of four people who grailed her I'm obliged to hope her first skill becomes something useful.

Speaking of grails, how do you people tend to use them?

I generally use them to raise 4* (and maybe 3*) servants that I like to 90. On my JP account I grailed Saber Lancelot, Berserker Lancelot, Lancer Cu, Ibaraki Douji, and someone else I forget to 90.

dogsicle posted:

np! i shamelessly stole it from here https://youtu.be/nT3K1AURjWw

it can also be tweaked a bit in terms of cost/order/CE. e.g. i'm running Arash with MLB Element and firing his NP with no buffs, using the followup cards to finish Mata Hari. then the Waver buffs can be saved for Chloe since mine doesn't have a maxed battery. this also allows me to run Fran as the aoe zerker since she has less trouble hitting the damage threshold needed.

Wait, you're able to beat the final mission with that team? Does Fran actually do ~50k with her NP?

I've had really bad luck with getting CEs that boost starting NP. I've only gotten one Imaginary Element CE, and the only other 4 or 5* CE I've gotten that gives +NP% is this 5* one that gives +60%.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
YU apparently sucks in gameplay, but story wise she's prettttttttyyyyyy goooood.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, you're able to beat the final mission with that team? Does Fran actually do ~50k with her NP?

I've had really bad luck with getting CEs that boost starting NP. I've only gotten one Imaginary Element CE, and the only other 4 or 5* CE I've gotten that gives +NP% is this 5* one that gives +60%.

well, it's interluded NP4 Fran and I pop her skills + plugsuit atk buff, but she does drop 200k on Drake's entire wave.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Grailed all the way:
- Anne & Mary (Rider)

Grailed:
- Medea Lily
- Medusa Lily
- Heracles

Will be grailed (once I have rebuilt exp and qp stores, currently taking a breather from farming):
- First Hassan
- Anne & Mary (Archer)

There's several others I'd like to grail now, but I want to save some in case I get some future servants I really want and would definitely grail (Holmes and Hokusai for sure, maybe some others).

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
Currently grailed - King Hassan (100), J'Alter (100).

Not sure who else is going to get grails.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Can attest that an NP2 post-Interlude Fran with a level 20 Kaleidoscope and Overload at 6 does about 50K without any other damage buffs active. Been running an Ishtar/Spartacus/Fran frontline with the Mage's Association outfit and she's consistently been wiping 2/3 of the first wave and leaving Caesar barely clinging to life for normal cards to handle.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Tamamo is good. Can't wait for tamamo assassin in NA.

How good is consort yu because she seems really good and all.

Yu is okay. she's set up to be entirely self-sufficient by healing herself and charging her NP, but this is offset by having very low atk for her rarity and an NP demerit that removes all her buffs, stopping her self-sufficiency gimmick dead in its tracks. she can avoid her NP demerit once every 5 turns by using her skills smartly, but if you want/need her to NP more often you'll need to run her with one of the few supports that offers buff removal resistance like Murasaki Shikibu or Semiramis. maybe it's damning that you "need" a limited SSR to enable a character like Yu but those two do at least synergize quite well in terms of role and you'd probably be taking at least Semiramis to the same fights so it's not a wild mismatch like say...running Yu with Benienma.

as a farming servant she can clear a wave for you, and that's probably most of her use. she won't stack up to units like Summer Scath (who is a free NP5) in terms of damage, or Cleopatra who is more oriented towards challenge content but that's fine if you like using her.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 25, 2019

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Saber Alter to 90 and Jing Ke to 90. I... don't know if I'll grail anything else, honestly. I'm always running out of XP cards as is.

Also, my Lancelot/Darius III/Arash/Support Merlin/Nobu/some 3* bonus dork with the Quick suit works alright. It "helps" that I have just a single Poster Girl, which goes in the back row to load up on Kaleidos. :haw:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shiny777 posted:

Can attest that an NP2 post-Interlude Fran with a level 20 Kaleidoscope and Overload at 6 does about 50K without any other damage buffs active. Been running an Ishtar/Spartacus/Fran frontline with the Mage's Association outfit and she's consistently been wiping 2/3 of the first wave and leaving Caesar barely clinging to life for normal cards to handle.

Fun fact Fran actually has the single strongest NP damage of any AOE Berserker.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I haven't grailed anyone yet because I'm still fairly new to this game. I'll probably get Waver to level 100 though. I know it's not "optimal" to grail a support caster but, gently caress that, Waver's been the bro-est of bruhz for me and he deserves it.

After that, probably Jaguar Man because she has the unique distinction of being the only character from the franchise that I had both heard of AND knew enough about to actually like.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

Yu is okay. she's set up to be entirely self-sufficient by healing herself and charging her NP, but this is offset by having very low atk for her rarity and an NP demerit that removes all her buffs, stopping her self-sufficiency gimmick dead in its tracks. she can avoid her NP demerit once every 5 turns by using her skills smartly, but if you want/need her to NP more often you'll need to run her with one of the few supports that offers buff removal resistance like Murasaki Shikibu or Semiramis. maybe it's damning that you "need" a limited SSR to enable a character like Yu but those two do at least synergize quite well in terms of role and you'd probably be taking at least Semiramis to the same fights so it's not a wild mismatch like say...running Yu with Benienma.

as a farming servant she can clear a wave for you, and that's probably most of her use. she won't stack up to units like Summer Scath (who is a free NP5) in terms of damage, or Cleopatra who is more oriented towards challenge content but that's fine if you like using her.

That's too bad, still better than I honestly expected. If you don't mind another one, how is JAlter Zerker? I'm saving grails for her in spite of how far she is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on jp i grailed taiga to 100 and am mostly just grailing random servants i like to 90. so far ive grailed saber medb, rider anne mary, billy, jing ke, ibaraki, bedi, hans, and asterios. if i get sitonai ill grail her to 100 too so i can have the tiger dojo. im also considering getting consort yu with the next 4* pick ticket and grailing her and xiang yu to 100.

on na im intentionally grailing the worst servants in the game, but ive fallen off playing through the story/through events to get the grails i need. my current plan is

all: siegfried (I don't think he's that bad but he's the meme bad servant and I like him)
Saber: Gilles
Archer: Tawara (hes also not that bad but there aren't any bad archers)
Lancer: Diarmuid
Caster: Geronimo
Rider: Boudica
Assassin: Sanson
Berserker: Caligula.
Extra: Unsure, maybe mecha liz (Also not that bad but I'm struggling to think of a bad extra class)

That's too bad, still better than I honestly expected. If you don't mind another one, how is JAlter Zerker? I'm saving grails for her in spite of how far she is.
Jalter Zerker's really good. She wishes she had a star weight or crit damage skill but as far as a ST berserker who hits stuff hard she does everything you'd want besides that, and even has an NP charge skill so she can actually get to her NP. And since she has free NP5 her NP hits hard.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 25, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she's pretty much top of the heap for ST zerker damage due to being NP5, though MHXA can outdo her at NP1 against sabers and same for Penth against the 8 Greek men that exist. other than that she's got a small NP battery and a unique 3-turn evade skill that can help her outlast your average berserker who has no or only a single turn dodge. outside of the dodge i wouldn't be surprised if she died to one or two hits but you can get plenty of good use bringing her in as cleanup crew on a single boss.

e: whoops, forgot Hijikata who can probably outdamage her at NP1 as well if you manage to make his low hp gimmick work. he definitely can if you slap him with a 1hp guts and he survives.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 25, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kiara's going to be the worst Alter Ego for like years, and even then she's not that great (as someone that has all except KP and Sitonai).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was gonna say kid gil seems worse but i guess if you run him with merlin/nightingale that's a full negation of NP damage almost on-demand

anyway tawara is a cooler grail pick

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Endorph posted:

Extra: Unsure, maybe mecha liz (Also not that bad but I'm struggling to think of a bad extra class)

Aŋra Mainiiu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Aŋra Mainiiu
id have to roll him in the fp gacha

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Yu's damage isn't great but the real problem is that she has amazing NP generation but her NP punishes her for using it frequently. Without that demerit on her NP she would be a respectable B-tier bad assassin instead of a joke.

Her real value is in being extremely cute & cool. I didn't plan to at all but she charmed me and now I have her grailed to 100 along with both BBs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

id have to roll him in the fp gacha

:negative:

(I got him NP4 in Japan, why won't he come in North America!?)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Does anyone else save all their event mats for the end to cash them in all at once? It's just such a satisfying feeling, like two weeks of grinding making a dinging noise as it flowed endlessly out of the GUDAGUDA shop.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Back when I played on JP I had Cu, Ushi, and Medea grailed to 90 since I had no 5* in their class for the longest time. (I didn't have any Lancer or Caster 5* period before NA FGO got announced and I dropped JP)

On NA I grailed Angra to 100 on a mix of a whim and a plan to make him an incredibly janky tank (Level 100 w/ full Fous + MLB Golden Millennium Tree combined with his upgraded 3) and I'm planning on grailing Melt provided I can roll her when CCC hits.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Magical Bee posted:

I grailed original and Berserker Cu to 100, but lost steam. I might grail the other two, eventually, but I'm starting to think about grailing some of my other favorites - Medea, Okita, and Edmond, in particular. When Orion hits NP5, there's a pretty good chance they'll get grailed to 100.

Also:
https://mobile.twitter.com/goemon_fgo/status/1109663916244647937

how do i get this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
By playing JP because it's a CE in the next event