Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Oh no where will I get insane nitpicking and dozens of pages of arguments about plot developments based off rules lawyering the narrative and completely missing things like themes or character development. :geno:
You forgot to mention how the forums are also a police state in miniature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

How do twitter marks work that Rich is not confirmed Rich.

They don't.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Today is the day friends. Bernie winning and oots.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

:siren: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1190.html :siren:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

:siren:1190: Getting Started Getting to the End:siren:

We’re back!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That is very obviously a foreshadowing of.... Something?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I forget, do we know where that scorching and cracking on the desk came from?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1020.html

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regalingualius posted:

Blackwing deliberately failed a use item check with a scroll.

e:f;b

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Also, you can now support Rich on Patreon, if you're like me and you want to throw more money at Rich but you've already bought all the books (both physical and PDF).

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Also, you can now support Rich on Patreon, if you're like me and you want to throw more money at Rich but you've already bought all the books (both physical and PDF).

Link for the lazy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is that Belkar being pleasant?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Who What Now posted:

Alternatively, only as unpleasant as Roy

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Who What Now posted:

He just woke up, you'll have to forgive him.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He just started being a proper team player, and that obviously means he has to be a bigger and badder team player than a scrub like Elan.

It's a process.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ikanreed posted:

That is very obviously a foreshadowing of.... Something?

Well, There is certainly a theme of "Belkar is tired" running there.
He has fatigue marks under his eyes.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, There is certainly a theme of "Belkar is tired" running there.
He has fatigue marks under his eyes.

I meant the cat

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Invisibility!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This page raises some interesting questions about sleeping arrangements.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
V is divorced, and the remaining party members are either in committed relationships or Durkon, who has recently expressed a total lack of interest in Belkar, and even less in V.

They're nearing the end of the world. A bit of companionship is the smallest comfort you can always allow yourself.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

V is divorced, and the remaining party members are either in committed relationships or Durkon, who has recently expressed a total lack of interest in Belkar, and even less in V.

They're nearing the end of the world. A bit of companionship is the smallest comfort you can always allow yourself.

Also it's normal on ships that only officers get private quarters

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ikanreed posted:

Also it's normal on ships that only officers get private quarters

There's no way Julio's cabin doesn't comfortably bed a dozen.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Schwarzwald posted:

There's no way Julio's cabin doesn't comfortably bed a dozen.

Julio's cabin changes size depending on how many people he planned to bed that night.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
You think they'll get right into the plot this final book or are we looking at anothet Beetle Slavers/Tinkertown aside before things heat up. Gotta be the former, right?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:siren: 1191 - An Easy Mistake to Make

Pretty interesting. Belkar and Roy are getting along much better now. I also wasn't really expecting to hear from Julia, so I wonder what's up there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I also wasn't really expecting to hear from Julia, so I wonder what's up there.

So either Julia is dead or her Sending is so good it had a perfectly timed pause that perfectly guessed what Roy's sarcastic greeting would be. honestly both are equally likely.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Who What Now posted:

So either Julia is dead or her Sending is so good it had a perfectly timed pause that perfectly guessed what Roy's sarcastic greeting would be. honestly both are equally likely.

Roy spoke first, and his statement was longer than 25 words, so it's probably something different than Sending. The background color's the right transparency for her being dead, though...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Who What Now posted:

She could have gained a billion levels and learned scry, I guess?

On that subject they're not really accounting for the fact that redcloak, if not xykon, would use the big screen to spy on them.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Astral Protection maybe?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Who What Now posted:

I think neither. Sending, I believe, has the person casting it speak first, and only after that does the response get transmitted. Also, Roy said more than 25 words, and Rich is very careful about that limit.

Conversely, if Julia was dead, I kinda don't think she'd have such a cocky attitude.

xanthan posted:

Astral Protection maybe?

That's 9th level. It would be difficult to justify her suddenly jumping to being a higher level than V is offscreen. It also doesn't seem to say that it lets you project onto the same plane.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 10, 2020

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Kinda wondering if this doesn’t have something to do with Ancestral Weapon stuff? I don’t remember her having that green streak in her hair, and it’d fit with the color aesthetic of all those abilities.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Daikloktos posted:

You think they'll get right into the plot this final book or are we looking at anothet Beetle Slavers/Tinkertown aside before things heat up. Gotta be the former, right?

I think we just got this answered.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Soup du Jour posted:

Kinda wondering if this doesn’t have something to do with Ancestral Weapon stuff? I don’t remember her having that green streak in her hair, and it’d fit with the color aesthetic of all those abilities.

Okay you've got a page worth of replies, no need for black text everywhere.

Also she always had a green streak, but we've had like 2 art upgrades since we last saw her

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Last time we saw her was 2006

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0364.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Conversely, if Julia was dead, I kinda don't think she'd have such a cocky attitude.

Yeah, it's a long shot, but I can't think of any other form of communication that we've seen that would fit or that would realistically be within Julia's power level. She's in her mid single digits level at best.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

She was at wizarding college, right? It wouldn’t be all that improbable that she convinced one of her professors to give her a chance to give words of encouragement (with a revelation at the end) to Roy before the final showdown, assuming she hasn’t significantly grown in power in the interim.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, it's a long shot, but I can't think of any other form of communication that we've seen that would fit or that would realistically be within Julia's power level. She's in her mid single digits level at best.

She was. The whole party has gotten at least 6 levels since we last saw her, she could have too. V went from 5th level spells then to mind blank now

We kinda know Julia was like 2nd or so level back then. That puts scry just in the realm of possibility.

Mechanics chat is bad content but I can't help myself. :(

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Who What Now posted:

Which,honestly, doesn't make any sense. The best they can come up with is a 25 word voice message that takes 10 minutes to cast?
How is communicating across a distance harder than creating a Fireball?

This just smacks of how in the late 90s, text messages were still expensive, and per cost, when they cost carriers nothing, as SMS messages just piggybacked on uhh another thing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Long distance communication is poison to good drama, so its high level magic thats still lovely to make sure its used infrequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Which,honestly, doesn't make any sense. The best they can come up with is a 25 word voice message that takes 10 minutes to cast?
How is communicating across a distance harder than creating a Fireball?

This just smacks of how in the late 90s, text messages were still expensive, and per cost, when they cost carriers nothing, as SMS messages just piggybacked on uhh another thing.

I've always felt that magic that just does numbers, like stats and damage, is inherently less magical than magic that does something interesting.