Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's not that bad. It's not as bad as Fifty Shades. I'm assuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

It's not that bad. It's not as bad as Fifty Shades. I'm assuming.

Hey hey, its up to 6% now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The world did not need a movie about god damned emojis.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm fine with Patrick Stewart getting a fat paycheck for some bullshit work he most likely recorded while taking a poo poo in the bathroom.

The Emoji Movie will create hundreds of those Youtube reviews with fuming outrage pretending to be really mad about it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Let's cut this off with some nice, wholesome Nazi punching.

You need to adjust your filter friend.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i think this sums up patrick stewart's investment in the movie pretty well

"Patrick, you've got that premiere to go to. Aren't you going to get dressed up?"
:ughh:
"At least take off that stained shirt."
"Okay, well, remember to smile!"

i read a review of it already because i'm a masochist and apparently he has about a half dozen lines in the whole movie, all of them quips, so I can't really fault him for making a million bucks for ten minutes on the phone, yeah.

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Jul 29, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

"Patrick, you've got that premiere to go to. Aren't you going to get dressed up?"

i read a review of it already because i'm a masochist and apparently he has about a half dozen lines in the whole movie, all of them quips, so I can't really fault him for making a million bucks for ten minutes on the phone, yeah.

My friend, I think that is belly button sweat on his shirt.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah

:laffo:

he's allowed to cash in now

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

He is a knight and has bent the knee to Queen Elizabeth II and incapable of sweating.

That is clearly not sweat. It's uhm tree cum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4p0uw42cdo

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Nah, he spilled his wine or whatever he had to drink to keep from strangling every other person in that photo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"I could have been doing Shakespeare..."

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does he also have a piss stain on his inside leg?

He's a goddamn legend regardless.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Sex stains

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

that picture is his version of those POW videos where the inmate blinks out T O R T U R E in morse code

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Genius. If you say he "looks like poo poo" then he'll just retort that he came in character.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

minato posted:

Genius. If you say he "looks like poo poo" then he'll just retort that he came in character.

lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"I could have been doing Shakespeare..."

I think he liked the classics but where he wanted the TNG movies to go was action.

He wanted to be an action star. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-SYhzfaf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3RNsZvdYZQ

He never even watched the show but found his own character boring.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's the one that insisted they do a stupid dune buggy scene. Why would then even have a land vehicle when the Runabout can fly.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

He's the one that insisted they do a stupid dune buggy scene. Why would then even have a land vehicle when the Runabout can fly.

Dude wanted to be an action hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1gBq45CkgI

You can do worse.

But yeah, a lot of TNG actors had stupid opinions on the show and then the complete garbage fire of the movies.

e: also Roddenberry as well as some of the head writers on TNG

they sort of got a good show out of DS9 but a really poor one in Voyager

Enterprise is uh, uhm

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 09:24 on Jul 29, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We don't talk about Enterprise.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I memorized that song one summer when I binged like 60 episodes in a row. Faith of the heaaaarrrrrrrt.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

We don't talk about Enterprise.

I loved the Quantum Leap captain and a bunch of other characters on that one but kee-rist

And Voyager had captain coffee who recognized her character was written as bi-polar or something so she played insane as hard as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Ur1E6YDz0

I think Kate Mulgrew is a genius for that and love her on Orange is the New Black.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

I memorized that song one summer when I binged like 60 episodes in a row. Faith of the heaaaarrrrrrrt.

you monster

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mu Zeta posted:

Dune buggies are fun.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
https://twitter.com/ShotgunZen/status/889823814602944513

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Subjunctive posted:

"Martial law" isn't actual martial law, it's a term for a procedural escalation. There were no tanks deployed to the streets of DC, for better or worse.

Seems like they should have a different term for it than this. It's like, "oh, no. Not that Satan. This other, totally unrelated boring thing we also happened to call Satan."

Coincidentally, Miroslav Satan gets a free pass because of language. Also, hail Satan; go Pens. (Yes I know he doesn't play for them anymore.)

Mu Zeta posted:

Having just watched that whole series recently, I can now torment my wife (or she, me) simply by saying, "it's been a long road" in any context. When we finally got to the Mirror Universe episode that replaces the normal opening with a nightmare version of it and a generic "Imperial March" type song behind it, she said, "If it means I won't ever have to hear 'Faith of the Heart' again, I choose to live in this version of reality." gently caress that song. (The series was very... alright, though.)

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Dude wanted to be an action hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1gBq45CkgI

You can do worse.

But yeah, a lot of TNG actors had stupid opinions on the show and then the complete garbage fire of the movies.

e: also Roddenberry as well as some of the head writers on TNG

they sort of got a good show out of DS9 but a really poor one in Voyager

Enterprise is uh, uhm

counterpoint, all of star trek is cool and good and fun

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMUOB0bXjIM

He earned that rear end whippin'.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

im pooping! posted:

Recently watched Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and it's still pretty drat good.

(the undiscovered country was peace. :unsmith:)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

im pooping! posted:

Someone's never watched Voyager. Lucky bastard.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah. I like Trek. I have a Trek avatar, for gently caress's sake. But with the exception of a handful of episodes, Voyager is terrible. You could probably get away with watching one or two episodes per season and see all of the good stuff. The schadenfreude is the 100 or so hours I spent watching that whole series. :smithicide:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
wars > trek

*exits thread*

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/JCwfusO.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo, this idiot

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

maybe im the schadenfreude because ive watched voyager to completion maybe 3 times and i find myself pissed at the writing occasionally. dont get me wrong, i rank it lower than enterprise on my own trek scale but at its core is 7 seasons of unadulterated star trek and that is good enough for me, and should be enough for any trek fan.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Real-life fruit ninja?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:stare:

I've watched way worse but for some reason this got me. Just the idea that, for a split second, he kept trying to push it through as he was fixated on his target.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BrianBoitano posted:

:stare:

I've watched way worse but for some reason this got me. Just the idea that, for a split second, he kept trying to push it through as he was fixated on his target.

For me it was that you could see that it was wedged in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
My favourite part is how the first attempt shows us that even if the dude had succeeded, it still would have looked clumsy and lame. The best possible outcome was "looked like a huge dork on camera"