Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Fast lands are back!

wonder if they'll just be enemy colours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Fast lands are back!

Enemy fast lands? gently caress yes.

My modern decks are ready.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Would have to be functional reprints as the names tied the old ones to Mirrodin. Feel like they wouldn't do that.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Kaladesh seems to be mostly mirrodin but with a different spin on things.

So enemy only fastlands would make sense. We got an Orrery that does something different at any rate.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fast lands and check lands are basically the best standard lands cycles.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Sickening posted:

Finally. This can only make modern better.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I am so happy about those drat Fastlands. It was stupid as gently caress that they didn't exist for so long.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Maro must be very excited that he managed to get gremlins in Kaladesh. He doesn't just have a self-insert card, he's got a whole race now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Modern Abzan is gonna love this.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
They had to do something with enemy painlands rotating. It also moves ally and enemy color pairs closer together for modern which is nice.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Basically the r/u , b/g, and b/w one are going to see a lot of play.

One of the big advantages jund had over junk was blackcleave cliffs and raging ravine. The mana was just plain better/faster. After rotation the only thing left is raging ravine.

EDIT: Honestly all the colors are loving fantastic and they will all probably see play.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 4, 2016

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What is the expected price on these after about two weeks after the set has been out? $4ish?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

DangerDongs posted:

What is the expected price on these after about two weeks after the set has been out? $4ish?

Depends on what standard looks like but yep. Some will start out at 10-8 but should be 5 and lower at week 2-3.

Edit, I am probably wrong. Modern is going to be frothing over these and 3 out of 5 will be 10 bucks or more for almost a month.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 4, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

Depends on what standard looks like but yep. Some will start out at 10-8 but should be 5 and lower at week 2-3.

Yeah so get your playsets midstandard and be happy you won't make the same mistake again like you did with blackcleave cliffs.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the info. As of now I only really care about the G/B, and W/B ones to keep playing some form of control.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact - R
If an artifact or creature entering the battlefield causes a triggered ability you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Minority Deport posted:

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact - R
If an artifact or creature entering the battlefield causes a triggered ability you control to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time.

Reverse Torpor Orb.

Baller

I'm still waiting for Greenwarden of Murasa to see play outside of EDH. :colbert:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Minority Deport posted:

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact - R

That is hilariously convoluted wording, but I assume that's the only way they could make it work.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

are you guys excited for Magic: The Gathering Improv

I sure am not

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Oh god. Magic the gathering improv...

The horror.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

mcmagic posted:

It arguably makes Abzan just flat out better than Jund doesnt it? I mean the big advantage of Jund was that they had the better mana base.

I wonder what other decks this makes better or might enable?

3 Color Bogles is ready....

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The fast lands are going to be great for people being able to build budget manabases in Modern because the enemy fetches are still so expensive.

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Okay I literally couldn't watch that. I tried my hardest.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

anglachel posted:

It arguably makes Abzan just flat out better than Jund doesnt it? I mean the big advantage of Jund was that they had the better mana base.

Its basically red vs white in the metagame. Raging ravine is also one of the most powerful manlands ever printed. If the meta is the same way it is now come rotation I would think that junk would be the better of the decks.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

anglachel posted:

"Better" maybe not, but almost perfectly even in power level, maybe. Raging Ravine is still better than shambling vents or stirring wildwood. Bolt, terminate, and k-command are still very good reasons to play red. Most people consider jund to be slightly better most (but not all) of the time, having more equally comparable manabases helps close that gap.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

Its basically red vs white in the metagame. Raging ravine is also one of the most powerful manlands ever printed. If the meta is the same way it is now come rotation I would think that junk would be the better of the decks.

I would argue it isn't even red v. white. It's straight up Bolt v. Path.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Terminate and k-command aren't shabby either. You can't ignore sideboard options in a modern meta and both colors offer some very real options.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

AlternateNu posted:

Lingering Souls is also extremely relevant, but again it depends on the metagame. Lingering Souls's interaction with Grim Flayer is kind of ridiculous though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Lingering Souls is also extremely relevant, but again it depends on the metagame. Lingering Souls's interaction with Grim Flayer is kind of ridiculous though.

And cobru. Cobru is the real deal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hellsau posted:

This is why Abzan is better right now. Flayer is the truth.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

This is why Abzan is better right now. Flayer is the truth.

Its the truth in both jund and junk and I am shocked its only 15 bucks right now.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

I mean the reason you play white in the deck is Lingering Souls.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Wurzag posted:

wonder if they'll just be enemy colours

They usually try to have the same number of constructed-viable duals equal even if the cards themselves aren't all the same type.

Painlands are the only rotating duals so I wouldn't expect anything but these.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
The full (blurry) cycle.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
It's cool that magiccards.info still doesn't have Eldritch Moon...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Minority Deport posted:

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact - R

kinda surprised it only costs 4 but heck, sounds good to me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean the reason you play white in the deck is Lingering Souls.

And any number of SB cards.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Minority Deport posted:

Panharmonicon 4
Artifact - R

This is going to go great in my Brago Commander deck.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Blooming Marsh is probably a lot better than Concealed Courtyard in Abzan for obvious reasons: you play Blackcleave Cliffs in Jund because it lets you Turn 1 Bolt or discard without a life total penalty, but you'd only want the equivalent in Abzan if Path was as good of a turn 1 play as Bolt, and T1 Path is a terrible play.

TheMaestroso posted:

The full (blurry) cycle.

Slightly less blurry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

It's cool that magiccards.info still doesn't have Eldritch Moon...

Magiccards.info is dead. Just accept it and move on.

• Locked thread