Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

AncientTV posted:

Goddamn he's fast.

The Guy Martin Isle of Man TT video will blow your mind if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

the walkin dude posted:

Harley rider shot and paralyzed by Toledo police, totally unprovoked.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7433661

At least he'll still be riding two wheels... for life.

Holy what the gently caress. That's just astounding. I hope that officer gets the maximum loving sentence for that bullshit. Not because the guy's a rider, but because it's loving absurd for a cop to pretty much shoot a guy in cold blood.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

sectoidman posted:

The Guy Martin Isle of Man TT video will blow your mind if you haven't seen it yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXc29ZgutI

Oh I have, but it's just one of those things that, past a certain point, the gullible part of my brain is like "this has to be sped-up, I mean COME ON"

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

AncientTV posted:

Oh I have, but it's just one of those things that, past a certain point, the gullible part of my brain is like "this has to be sped-up, I mean COME ON"

My brain is way more tricked by karts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf3cJRkeEqE
At least with the bike cam, you get a sense for the turn radius by the lean, these guys are just like "what, was that a chicane at 2000mph?"

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

UserNotFound posted:

My brain is way more tricked by karts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf3cJRkeEqE
At least with the bike cam, you get a sense for the turn radius by the lean, these guys are just like "what, was that a chicane at 2000mph?"

That's sick, I never really made the plausible connection between professional racing and go-karts.

New favorite motorsport.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

AncientTV posted:

That's sick, I never really made the plausible connection between professional racing and go-karts.

New favorite motorsport.

(proper) gokarts are faster around the track than motorcycles by a good clip.

Lord Master
Mar 9, 2007

Would a guy with shiny teeth, a crown and a red cape lie to you?

Z3n posted:

Holy what the gently caress. That's just astounding. I hope that officer gets the maximum loving sentence for that bullshit. Not because the guy's a rider, but because it's loving absurd for a cop to pretty much shoot a guy in cold blood.

Especially with a clause like "I thought he had a gun."
It's such an absurd situation. I hope the day I finally get pulled over the cop doesn't shoot me because I flinched the wrong way.
"I thought he had a gun. I didn't see it though, I just had a suspicion."

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And what if he had a gun? Correct me if I'm wrong, but google shows concealed carry is perfectly legal in Ohio. If you can't take the stress, don't put on the loving badge. I hope he gets shanked in prison.

Lord Master
Mar 9, 2007

Would a guy with shiny teeth, a crown and a red cape lie to you?

Slim Pickens posted:

If you can't take the stress, don't put on the loving badge.

This is what I was thinking, too. Guy definitely isn't cut out to be a cop.
Too bad someone had to pay before it's realized.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Bad Munki posted:

I can't help but think that bike is witnessing a horrible, gruesome murder. I can even see its mouth hanging open with a couple front teeth showing.

Looks more like this -

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

So close ... must ride with camera everywhere ... must not miss big moment ...

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
...when you run out of gas...?

/flees

p.s. Reset the tripmeter in 15.9 km at 99876.6 km for some real magic.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 13, 2010

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
I just realized I ride my bike about 1350% more than the PO did :D

I got it at 27 years old with 8300 miles
I've put another 4,000 on in less than a year

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

the walkin dude posted:

My bad, it was a XB9S lightning that I rode, not a xb9r. Yeah, I was immediately comfortable on it and had a helluva time blasting around for 30 minutes. My perspective on my Ninja 500 is completely changed. I thought that 500 was really vibratey, but the XB9S takes the cake. My 500 felt butter-smooth when I went back to it, and it actually feels like a baby motorcycle now, joining the ranks of my Ninja 250.

My world is shattered.
Yep, they didn't make an XB9R (firebolt), so I knew what you were talking about. :) But yeah, it's a fun bike, and if you think the 9 is shakey, the 1200 is especially bad, mostly at idle. Good times.

They're fun bikes, though, and easy to ride.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Fantastipotamus posted:

Yep, they didn't make an XB9R (firebolt)

They stopped making an XB9R in 2008 or 2009. Buell never seemed to push the fact that it existed after the XB12 came out though.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
:smithicide:

Damnit why does poo poo always have to break on a bike I own.

At first it looked like the rear sprocket was warped, but after a glass surface gap inspection the sprocket was flat. Looked into it further and it seems as though the carrier bearing is loose and allowing the drat thing to wobble a bit.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You've overloaded it with your Pelican hardside pushmowerbike rack.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Bucephalus posted:

Impossible, even that mower weighed less than a passenger.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bucephalus posted:

Overloaded it and bent the sprocket. Man, that'd be one hell of an overload! :haw:

I told you that it wasn't the drat sprocket. :v:

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Just as an FYI, this Saturday (& Sunday) Cycle Gear is selling SETS of Q2's for $199 for 120/70-17 + 180/55 or 160/60-17. 120/70-17 + 190/50-17 sets are $209. We're allowed to presell them so you can drop a deposit tomorrow and pick up the tires on the weekend. There's also some kind of deal where if you buy the set you can get a 3rd tire for cheap as hell too, I'll check what the communication said tomorrow and post it up for you guys. Retarded cheap deal for sweet tires.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

-Inu- posted:

Just as an FYI, this Saturday (& Sunday) Cycle Gear is selling SETS of Q2's for $199 for 120/70-17 + 180/55 or 160/60-17. 120/70-17 + 190/50-17 sets are $209. We're allowed to presell them so you can drop a deposit tomorrow and pick up the tires on the weekend. There's also some kind of deal where if you buy the set you can get a 3rd tire for cheap as hell too, I'll check what the communication said tomorrow and post it up for you guys. Retarded cheap deal for sweet tires.

This is just stupid cheap. I know that tires decay on the shelf too. My SV650 has tires from 2007 with some life left on them, but I plan to ride it a hell of a lot and Q2s for $199 are an insane deal. Would it be a sin if I bought a set and sat on them for a year? Any advice on how to keep a tire and not have it die?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Jabs posted:

...when you run out of gas...?

/flees

p.s. Reset the tripmeter in 15.9 km at 99876.6 km for some real magic.

Oh she's still good for 100 km when I hit the top of the red. I thought about resetting to hit a nice configuration but I'm too anal about resetting when I fill up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Weinertron posted:

This is just stupid cheap. I know that tires decay on the shelf too. My SV650 has tires from 2007 with some life left on them, but I plan to ride it a hell of a lot and Q2s for $199 are an insane deal. Would it be a sin if I bought a set and sat on them for a year? Any advice on how to keep a tire and not have it die?
They should be fine for a year. Read the tire thread.

You can get a set of Pilot Powers for $150, though, if you want cheap and good. I'm tempted to get a set for my VFR.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Weinertron posted:

Keep it in a nice, temperature controlled area, out of direct sunlight. It'll be fine. You don't want them to get excessively hot or excessively cold.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Keep it in a nice, temperature controlled area, out of direct sunlight. It'll be fine. You don't want them to get excessively hot or excessively cold.

Like a linen closet.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hang it from your living room ceiling by a chain. Put a toy monkey inside it. It will be art.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Zool posted:

Like a linen closet.

So how's single life treating you?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

frozenphil posted:

So how's single life treating you?

Like single people know what a linen closet it.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Man get those hangers out of there. You could easily stack at least 2 or 3 more tires on there if you got rid of the drat hangers.

Also the last 5 or so posts are why I love CA so much :3:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
My 2001 Honda Accord was apparently stolen last night. Now I am car-less and wholly dependent upon my Ninja 250 & 500. As terrible as this is, I can't stop a smile from escaping out upon my face. Car-free.

I'll have to suppress it when the cop comes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish someone would steal my Focus. :(

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

I wish someone would steal my Focus. :(

I hope nobody steals my KLR :ohdear:

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

redscare posted:

When I had my KLR, I left it out in my parking lot for like 8 months, noone ever so much as glanced at it. Mind you I live in a place where I have heard gun battles in the parking lot- so I think you are ok.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

PadreScout posted:

When I had my KLR, I left it out in my parking lot for like 8 months, noone ever so much as glanced at it. Mind you I live in a place where I have heard gun battles in the parking lot- so I think you are ok.

Someone stole Becktastic's but she had one of those new fangled ones with all the plastics that don't look like a throwback to 1986 so that may have had something to do with it.

Speaking of, I called up my insurance company yesterday to get the FZR removed (since I finally sold it) and checked what comprehensive and uninsured would run. Answer: entirely too much.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008

redscare posted:

Someone stole Becktastic's but she had one of those new fangled ones with all the plastics that don't look like a throwback to 1986 so that may have had something to do with it.

Speaking of, I called up my insurance company yesterday to get the FZR removed (since I finally sold it) and checked what comprehensive and uninsured would run. Answer: entirely too much.

mine was brand new.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt

the walkin dude posted:

My 2001 Honda Accord was apparently stolen last night. Now I am car-less and wholly dependent upon my Ninja 250 & 500. As terrible as this is, I can't stop a smile from escaping out upon my face. Car-free.

I'll have to suppress it when the cop comes.

There's a decent chance the cops will find it soon sans cat and battery. Not to rain on your parade or anything :).

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

redscare posted:

You and me both, buddy. Everyone that sees my KLR kind of turns their nose up since its not a HAWG or supersport. Where's the love for dual-sports? :smith:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

redscare posted:

On what, with who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I just ran the numbers and it's going to cost me almost $700 for my 6k mile valve adjustment and new tires. Riding a bike sure is cheaper than driving a car! :v: