Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have these in gigantic if anyone wants them.

Yes please! Those are beautiful pictures of an amazing car.

E: Added the pics for the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Here's the Flickr Album, going up to 1024x768. I actually have them in much larger but Flickr won't upload them at full res. Anyone know where I can put up 2816x2112 pictures?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57177661@N06/

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 17, 2010

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Picasa will let you do it. Though I think you can enable it in Flickr, if you have a Pro account.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
Posterous will let you upload at any resolution and will automatically format the post. All you have to is email the pics to post@posterous.com

I don't think they allow hotlinking though.

You could also use waffleimages who does allow hotlinking. You have to link the photos one at a time, as it lacks any kind of gallery feature.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

PBCrunch posted:

Posterous will let you upload at any resolution and will automatically format the post. All you have to is email the pics to post@posterous.com

I don't think they allow hotlinking though.

You could also use waffleimages who does allow hotlinking. You have to link the photos one at a time, as it lacks any kind of gallery feature.

Waffleimages doesn't allow uploading files bigger than 1024kb, and these are about 2mb each.

Picasa Album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/111800561923327052935/Shelby

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Here's the Flickr Album, going up to 1024x768. I actually have them in much larger but Flickr won't upload them at full res. Anyone know where I can put up 2816x2112 pictures?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57177661@N06/

https://www.imgur.com

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Picked this up today, new 2011 Impreza 2.5i Sport Package in dark metallic grey, it's no WRX but still absolutely loving it :q:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

A 160 MPH speedo on a 500+ HP car? Seriously? I find this especially surprising given those "I took my Mustang to Germany because America has speed limits" commercials. With the right gearing that thing should be able to crack 200 with enough road.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Das Volk posted:

A 160 MPH speedo on a 500+ HP car? Seriously? I find this especially surprising given those "I took my Mustang to Germany because America has speed limits" commercials. With the right gearing that thing should be able to crack 200 with enough road.

It's not so much about the gearing because at 75mph it's only turning 1700RPM, but it's electronically limited to 155mph. Luckily, there are very cheap handheld tuners that will remove the limiter. Unluckily, there's nowhere to do 155+mph in the US other than a racetrack anyway...Still, I see your point.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 19, 2010

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

It's not so much about the gearing because at 75mph it's only turning 1700RPM, but it's electronically limited to 155mph. Luckily, there are very cheap handheld tuners that will remove the limiter. Unluckily, there's nowhere to do 155+mph in the US other than a racetrack anyway...Still, I see your point.

That's not entirely true :v:

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

Das Volk posted:

I know some pretty empty stretches of new mexico...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Oxphocker posted:

I know some pretty empty stretches of new mexico...

Hell, I can name 3 good stretches between Tucson and Flagstaff. Flat and straight as far as the eye can see.

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
Painted my new rimzzz

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Should have left them stock.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I think it looks good. Then I've always liked that shape Saber (or whatever the equivalent Acura was called)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Make a sticker saying "PRETTY FLUSH"

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

dissss posted:

I think it looks good. Then I've always liked that shape Saber (or whatever the equivalent Acura was called)

Isn't that an Inspire if we're getting all JDM?

Also, looks good but if those are stock 3G TL wheels (which they appear to be), I too would have rather left them how they were. Those 3G wheels in silver are amazing. I want a set for my TSX.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Das Volk posted:

OK, just nowhere around me I guess... :(

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Isn't that an Inspire if we're getting all JDM?

You're probably right - tbh I'm not even sure what the difference is.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

dissss posted:

You're probably right - tbh I'm not even sure what the difference is.

Minor cosmetic trim e.g the Saber had clear rear turn signals and the Inspire had amber, or some poo poo like that. They were sold through different Honda dealership networks in Japan, hence the 2 model names. Otherwise they are exactly the same car with the same chassis code rolling off the same production line(in Ohio) .

You know what happens when the domestic big 3 control 90% of the domestic market? The Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealers all want their own versions of the cars that the Chevy/Olds/Cadillac dealers have. :downs:

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

Minor cosmetic trim e.g the Saber had clear rear turn signals and the Inspire had amber, or some poo poo like that. They were sold through different Honda dealership networks in Japan, hence the 2 model names. Otherwise they are exactly the same car with the same chassis code rolling off the same production line(in Ohio) .

You know what happens when the domestic big 3 control 90% of the domestic market? The Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealers all want their own versions of the cars that the Chevy/Olds/Cadillac dealers have. :downs:

Ah like the Rafaga/Ascot then.

Toyota was the most ridiculous at that with the Corolla/Sprinter and the Rav4 J/Rav4 L (couldn't even be bothered making up different names)

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
First off I want to say that I have never really been one for Custom wheels. Inevitably taste goes out the window and gaudiness sets in. I rather enjoy stock wheels. I know it sounds crazy, but I prefer to keep it low key. Last week Cincinnati got 5 inches of snow and I found out that Goodyear RS-A's with 17k miles on them really don't do that well in the snow. I drive a G8, and it gets a good thrashing now and then so the stock tires aren't going to last anywhere near 50k miles.

During the snowfall I literally got stuck on a slight grade when I was forced to stop. I had a rather difficult time with starting again despite having 250lbs of rock salt in the trunk and a full tank of gas. After I made it to work the first thing I did was search for snow tires. As I found out and posted in the winter tire thread, snow tires in 18" size cost and arm and a leg. Seriously the tires alone would have run me $800+ not including mounting and balancing. And then I would have to take my old RS-A home in the back seat.

Luckily I could negative size down to a 17" wheel and upsize my tire ratio to keep the overall diameter the same. And the entire package from tirerack for 17" wheels and tires mounted was a few bucks over $900. Needless to say it was a no brainer. But the problem was which wheels to get. I really like steel wheels, but the only steel wheels that will fit the G8 are the Camaro heritage steelies, but they too are 18". So I had to go alloy. And I really didn't want any brands I had never heard of. So I lucked out that the cheapest available wheels from tirerack were MSW's. The style wasn't horrid either, so I optioned MSW Type 22 Wheels and Firestone Winterforce in 225/55/17.

I just put these on this evening after work and I am wondering if I should keep the 250lbs of dead weight in the trunk? Or are the winter tires enough?

Anyway Here are the pics.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

this is after the jack-stands came out, so it is riding high. I drove it around the block and the suspension settled right down.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

_firehawk posted:

Snow tire stuff.

Take the salt out, you'll be amazed.

Not just for the snow tires, but for how unbelievably lovely the RS-As are. I've been unfortunate enough to buy several cars with those hellishly dangerous tires to be able to say -- they are perfectly fine in dry use, but the slightest bit of moisture on the road and you may as well be driving on slicks.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

meatpimp posted:

how unbelievably lovely the RS-As are

Our Focus went through two sets of those. NEVER AGAIN. I swear, chewed up bubble gum works better for winter rubber.

spoonboy
Oct 30, 2004

I wanna be a pilot!

A5H posted:

Make a sticker saying "PRETTY FLUSH"

ADEQUATELY ADJACENT

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Got the Galaxie back from the upholsterer today and finally have it titled and all that. Looks a hell of alot better with fabric on the frame.

Click here for the full 1296x968 image.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Does the G8 have a winter mode or way to start in second gear? I do it with my GTO and it helps quite a bit in the snow.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
When it was very slick I put the automatic into manual mode and shifted myself. Starting off in a higher gear seems to make it slip faster. But in normal drive it knocks it down to 1 at a stop.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Sir Tonk posted:

Got the Galaxie back from the upholsterer today and finally have it titled and all that. Looks a hell of alot better with fabric on the frame.

I love your car a lot. I might just say that every time you post about it.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

04 z06

z06ck fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 22, 2010

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

z06ck posted:

04 z06

Did you sign up a new account because of this car or sign up your first account to post a picture of it?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

FatCow posted:

Did you sign up a new account because of this car or sign up your first account to post a picture of it?

I think either is ok.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Be glad he didn't spell his username ZO6.

teh jhey
May 23, 2004

Kitty needs more souls.
Just got back from a ski trip in Vermont. Winter tires are loving awesome.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

Lowclock posted:

You have a GM 5L40E. It's kind of common on them and cheap to fix if you catch it before it fucks everything up.

It turns out I have a ZF 5HP19. Anyone know a good forum where I can sell a GM 5L40E TCC solenoid?

:negative:

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
'02 WRX Wagon. Blizzak WS70s on black stock wheels, Potenza G019s for non-winter use on the regular stock wheels. OTS Stage 2, catless downpipe/uppipe, STi tail section. Fantastic winter car :D

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
I don't suppose anyone here owns a 1988 GMC S-15 and happens to know how to put a window back in its track?

But yeah, that's just the latest in the series of problems with my godforsaken heap of crap.

ENTER THE SONOMA (pics are old)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kylie Sven Opossum posted:

I love your car a lot. I might just say that every time you post about it.

Well now that it's got a blown head gasket I might end up doing a project thread after all. Got a pair of ported heads on the way. Also doing the sway bar ends and frame bushings this weekend.

Oh and I got the vacuum system for the light covers hooked up again. They stay down for about eight hours now.

Click here for the full 800x598 image.

I really really can't wait to get the bumpers re-plated. The front looks quite terrible. Also, the PO pulled all the chrome accents off of the light covers and the plastic grille parts around them. Looks a bit odd since he had to pull the Ford logo and that left a black (grey) rectangle on the driver's side.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 29, 2010

Bitter[HATE]
Jul 28, 2000
I am EDGAR and today is THE BIG DAY.
Got this a couple of weekends ago, took it up to the bay area this weekend. I've always wanted a Muscle Car and this car...Is amazing. 2009 Challenger R/T, 6 speed manual, General Lee orange, pretty loaded. I just love it, I'm in love with it. Still kinda can't believe I own it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

"Bitter[HATE posted:

"]
Got this a couple of weekends ago, took it up to the bay area this weekend. I've always wanted a Muscle Car and this car...Is amazing. 2009 Challenger R/T, 6 speed manual, General Lee orange, pretty loaded. I just love it, I'm in love with it. Still kinda can't believe I own it.

LX cars take a beating here in AI but I love 'em for some strange reason. Well, except the steering wheel. It's awful.