Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

It's one of those things where interactions with villagers are only be fruitful if you invest into them. That means chucking flowers (not George or Clint for they are grumpy men) and gems (certain other villagers have issues with them) and fruits over the course of the week and then they start opening up to you. Talking with them when you run across them really won't do much unfortunately.

I just wish their random day-to-day chatter had more variety (and nuance as you befriend them) outside of events. I expect there will, at some point, be a mod adding a ton of dialogue (or maybe CA will do it themself). I had the 2-heart event with Shane and was really touched at him opening up a fair bit then in the morning I saw him on his way to work and he was like "WHAT DO YOU WANT gently caress OFF LOSER" and it was really goofy.

Ideally each villager would have like 5-10 lines of dialogue that reflect their personality and habits, per heart level, with conditional extras. It's a lot of writing though! But like the next day if Shane were like "Hey sorry I cried on your shoulder last night. Won't happen again." it would make sense as he tries to put some of those barriers back up because he still doesn't know you super well, and while he's still at two hearts if he's just like "Can't talk, gotta get to work" or "Talk later work now" instead of really brusquely telling you to piss off.

Johnny Joestar posted:

shane is really funny in that he's a jackass for a while even if you're at like 3-4 hearts with him but then you'll get a letter saying HEY HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME AND HERE'S A RECIPE I LEARNED THAT YOU SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE ONE DAY? HEHE, ANYWAYS, HAVE A NICE DAY.

Yeah he's really weird. I like him though, and his two-heart event was pretty touching.

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

shane is really funny in that he's a jackass for a while even if you're at like 3-4 hearts with him but then you'll get a letter saying HEY HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME AND HERE'S A RECIPE I LEARNED THAT YOU SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE ONE DAY? HEHE, ANYWAYS, HAVE A NICE DAY.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-M61NhNWE

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Oh my god yes

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Patch came out

quote:

-Added a zoom in/out feature to the options tab.

-Added volume sliders for ambient sounds and footstep sounds.

-Added snow transparency slider.

-Fixed issue with invisible trees preventing interaction with tiles.

-Dead flowers no longer affect honey.

-You can now dance with your spouse at the Flower Dance.

-Game should now properly pause when steam overlay is active.

-Fixed issue where inactive window was still responding to input.

-Fixed fertilizer prices in Pierre's shop.

-Fixed [Fector's Challenge](/spoiler)

-Game should now be playable without any audio hardware.

-You can now press the toolbar shortcut keys (1,2,3, etc. by default) to change the active slot while the inventory menu is up.

-Iron ore nodes can no longer be removed, only destroyed.

-Dog should no longer sit on chests...

-Spouses should no longer run away into the dark abyss.

-Fixed issue where recipes would sometimes consume more ingredients than they should.

-Fixed crashes in certain cutscenes, when certain dialogue options were chosen.

-Various bug fixes.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

now this is my kind of content

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
The zoom is so good, oh my loving god. At 1920x1080 with full zoom, going outside my house shows me everything to the edge of the greenhouse down to the bottom of the small lake.

I walked into the bus area, and could instantly see whether Pam was there or not.

I was able to see Leah more then the complimentary once a week, because I can see huge chunks of the town now! When I hear the door opening noise, it's no longer leaving me curious as to whats going on, I can see the people moving about.

Gamechanger.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God drat the zoom is good

Mmmmmm

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I think I'm just going to play at 75% zoom from now on. Kinda hope he makes it zoom out a bit more tbh. I wish oldschool SNES RPGs scaled this well... the Final Fantasy mobile ports have terrible graphics compared to something like this

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wish there was a way to identify your crops while they are growing and all just look like a plant. Or at least be able to put down signs minecraft style

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Couldn't figure out why I couldn't see the zoom feature, and it looks like it's been reverted to 1.04 because of some sort of audio issue?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Oh no, the patch got removed.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I didn't have a chance to see how amazing Zoom was!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Fintilgin posted:

Couldn't figure out why I couldn't see the zoom feature, and it looks like it's been reverted to 1.04 because of some sort of audio issue?

Yeah, I briefly played the patch and got a weird clacking noise whenever I pressed WASD on the keyboard. I quit and restarted to see if that would make it go away and the patch was removed just then.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the fence about buying this

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tollymain posted:

In the time it took you to post this, the fence that you were on decayed and vanished.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tollymain posted:

you could go out for dinner for fifteen bucks

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
At level 5 mining should I go Miner (+1 ore) or Geologist (chance for gems to appear in pairs)?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Tollymain posted:

I was like you a few hours ago. Buy it.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

At level 5 mining should I go Miner (+1 ore) or Geologist (chance for gems to appear in pairs)?

Gems are great for gifting, and the two choices at level 10 are pretty decent compared to miner's choices.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Tollymain posted:

For $15 dollars I think a generap consensus is that not owning this is bad and wrong and Steam should autoban anyone who refuses to buy it.

Okay, maybe not that extreme, but it's reeeaallll drat good.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Tollymain posted:

You can scrounge food from a garbage can and gift it to someone with little to no repercussion.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Rabbits feet are the only thing I have left to finish the community center (well, and 3 apples that I have to wait until fall for). Rabbits feet will eventually just fall of my rabits somehow right?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

LibbyM posted:

Rabbits feet are the only thing I have left to finish the community center (well, and 3 apples that I have to wait until fall for). Rabbits feet will eventually just fall of my rabits somehow right?

Yes, and they can also drop from enemies deep in the desert mine.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So does the dog (or cat) actually do anything?

Does it mean anything when the Dog barks and runs off?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Supremezero posted:

In the time it took you to post this, the fence that you were on decayed and vanished.

Ulvirich posted:

You can scrounge food from a garbage can and gift it to someone with little to no repercussion.

unsure if these are supposed to be pros or cons

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I think I've punched every tree and shrub on the map and have never had anything come out. Same with trashcans although I have gotten a single item one time and it was literally just "Trash"

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Tollymain posted:

unsure if these are supposed to be pros or cons

The fence thing is in reference to the low durability of plain wooden fences, and mine is in reference to being able to take food out of the garbage can and get affection points with someone over giving them a trashcan burger.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Also the best part of trashcan diving is that villagers will call that poo poo out if they see you do it!

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Ramadu posted:

So do eels or catfish actually exist? I just fished up over 300 fish in spring and never once saw one of those fuckers. Got to fishing level 7 from 0 and none of the fish I wanted :argh:

In my experience Eels are incredibly common if you fish off the pier on the second(eastern) beach at night.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

LibbyM posted:

Check the traveling merchant near the forest pond every Friday and Sunday. I was eventually able to buy both the rabbit's foot and duck feather from her.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I planted the spring seeds from the spring crops bundle and its been like 3 days I've been watering them and they're still just seeds, am I missing something?

Edit: They finally sprouted, jeebus.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 5, 2016

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I bought this for my wife and then i was bored and started playing and oh god help me i can't stop. Its not even my kind of game but if you're on the fence about it just buy it and give your life away to the joys of fishing.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

armoredgorilla posted:

I planted the spring seeds from the spring crops bundle and its been like 3 days I've been watering them and they're still just seeds, am I missing something?

Nah, for some reason the forage seed crops just don't have as many visual stages as other crops. They'll sprout soon enough.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Do fruit trees continue to grow through winter (say I plant a spring tree in Autumn) or does its growth "freeze" during winter and resume when spring hits?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Fruit trees will grow in winter. Normal oak/maple/pine trees will not.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What cutscenes are lost after you marry someone? Lvl 8/10 heart events?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Are there any easy/good tools for doing any kind of inventory editing yet? For some reason my Green Bean plant disappeared in Spring and I don't have time to grow another and don't want to wait until next year to finish that Bundle.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Magres posted:

Are there any easy/good tools for doing any kind of inventory editing yet? For some reason my Green Bean plant disappeared in Spring and I don't have time to grow another and don't want to wait until next year to finish that Bundle.

With sincerity, XML Notepad 2007, or your choice of XML editor. You'd just have to find out what the green bean's information is and insert it in.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sage Grimm posted:

Also the best part of trashcan diving is that villagers will call that poo poo out if they see you do it!

this is the worst part. i get poo poo for wanting to salvage some perfectly good cookies and bread loaves that would otherwise go to waste but no one says a god drat thing when i just stand around in their houses and businesses eating tulips all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

my spouse keeps complaining that the house is a mess and can't get where she wants but everything is up against the walls?? maybe I should move all the kegs n poo poo outside