Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

shut up gelly posted:

obviously the pyrochon/bard should be closer to 15k or 10k respectively)

God no. Nowhere close. Been barding a long time and cannot, at all, get that high. It all worked out, but I'm happy to trade/give up barding duties to somebody who can squeeze more out of this soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Murvin posted:

God no. Nowhere close. Been barding a long time and cannot, at all, get that high. It all worked out, but I'm happy to trade/give up barding duties to somebody who can squeeze more out of this soul.

I only recently started approaching 15k on most fights, so don't feel too bad.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

SlayVus posted:

So, how does this work? Activate a crit pot when you're about to use your highest damaging ability? For example, for Tempest's finisher that deals damage equal to 75% of the damage from the next three abilities.

Also, is there any substitute for a Choloromancer's Wild Growth in a raid?

Ideal situation: Whatever 15s of your rotation already hits the hardest & while Flaring Power (or equivalent) is up. Only exception is if a large portion of that damage is already a guaranteed crit, such as from a cleric's Fanaticism or Rage of the North. With Fanaticism afaik it is best to pop it after the first following attack: Fanaticism, BoD, Crit Pot, Nysyr's, etc.

No idea if warriors have any guaranteed crit abilities. Remember to take into account your base crit% on abilities that raise your crit by <100% for a total of 100%+. Ex: You have 50% crit chance from gear/raid buffs and pop an ability that increases crit by 50% for a total of 100% crit chance.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

So, how does this work? Activate a crit pot when you're about to use your highest damaging ability? For example, for Tempest's finisher that deals damage equal to 75% of the damage from the next three abilities.

Also, is there any substitute for a Choloromancer's Wild Growth in a raid?

doesnt really work for warriors because our burst isnt as good as shaman/harbs/rogues. obviously it's a waste to use a crit pot when flaring + lava field/wild growth/enrage arent up.

ideally you would use it in tempest before arc (e: and lightning torrent + a dual pulse when you clip it) but only if you have oscillation/electricity cascade up (not that electricity cascade should ever not be up, but for the initial burst it might be if you're using an outdated rotation)

same with paragon - before shifting blades, but with 5 stacks of readiness and double jeopardy (and ideally before a double rh block, as rh hits/crits harder than death touch)

i wouldnt use a crit pot in riftblade just because of how the rift implosion priority rotation works but ideally you would want to have flamespear/frost strike/fiery burst/RI up and use the crit pot just before rift strike + searing spam. if you're doing the priority rotation then you will most likely lose a global to keeping RI up too, which is why it would be a waste.

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 1, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I think for shaman the easiest "latch" for the crit pot is probably the massive blow after RoS, it's far down enough after RotN so you only have 6-7 stacks, keep in mind not to use it right with RoS since you should be doing RoS right after massive blow but before your non-phys attack (letting the RoS cooldown tick down).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Not going to level fishing though, gently caress that.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

KaneTW posted:

Nothing quite like stopping to fish in the middle of monster-infested territories.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Not at all. I was sitting at 18.5k and Antaris at 19k I believe.

Hey, hey. I was 21k every phase 1 except the ones where I completely hosed up my rotation, thank you very much. Also you were pretty much on 20k most of the time. It only started dropping when we hit phase 3. :colbert:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Wow, what a loving slacker.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

I'm probably not going to make it to today's GA (if we are going that is). Last few days have been unpleasant for my raiding schedule to say the least. Should hopefully be fine for 20man and GA after resets. Make sure to kill another boss without me (don't give Kreczor the pants).

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

riftplayers.txt

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
Can I get an invite for Toagiproi?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I take it that there still isn't a goon guild for us EU players?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Datasmurf posted:

I take it that there still isn't a goon guild for us EU players?

Nope. I don't think there are enough EU goons playing or willing to reroll for one. If you can stand raiding from 2AM-5AM BST roll on NA, otherwise just roll somewhere on EU; I'm sure some goons are playing there so you can group up or whatever.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 2, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Two pubbies from Fallen Souls queued as tank and healer into this Storm Breaker Protocol wearing nothing but level 50 raid gear. The rest of that guild must be equally bad.

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

anthonypants posted:

Two pubbies from Fallen Souls queued as tank and healer into this Storm Breaker Protocol wearing nothing but level 50 raid gear. The rest of that guild must be equally bad.

But if it's purple it's better! :qq:

I'm assuming it's regular Storm Breaker, but still, unless they are clueless returning players, there's no excuse, and even then, that's not much of an excuse.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

L50 T2/T3 raid gear is better than the level greens/blues though? I've used some rift store l50 blues up until 54.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

KaneTW posted:

L50 T2/T3 raid gear is better than the level greens/blues though? I've used some rift store l50 blues up until 54.

This is mostly true for old world t3 raid gear, with the notable exception of tanking gear. Even DPS gear at those levels is much better than old world tanking gear because of the huge discrepancy in armor values.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

KaneTW posted:

I was using quite a bit of my ID gear up until about 55-ish. At that point the storyline and dungeon drops started to beat them.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
So I was able to find some upcoming free time where I'll have a chance to work on getting Venerated in Lycini and Torvan. What's the accepted best way to hit this the fastest?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Strongholds for Torvan, City Core rift chaining (there's a spot in the south with 2 rifts right next to each other; as long every other tear has a Major rift open in them they will only use those two spawns) for Lycini

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
RIFT 2.4: Hotfix #4 10/2/13

== FEATURES ==

PLANEBREAKER BASTION
The Infinity Gate has been attuned to the Plane of Earth and now allows entrance into the Planebreaker Bastion.

GENERAL
* Improved game perforamnce in low-memory conditions.

RIFT STORE
* There's a new dance available for purchase in the store! Haven't seen it? Check out a preview!
* Increased the number of characters you can type into the Gifting To: field so you can gift items to people with long names cross shard.
* Tier 1 raid items now have their credit prices attached.
* Fixed several items in the Trophy section of the store that were incorrectly set to unique.

SOULS

ROGUE

ASSASSIN
* Expose Weakness: Now debuffs the target, increasing damage taken from the Rogue by 4%.

MARKSMAN
* T'Scain Marksman Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. Marksman finishers now buff the Rogue for 15s, increasing damage dealt with Marksman attacks by 250.
* T'Scain Glowing Marksman Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. Marksman finishers now buff the Rogue for 15s, increasing damage dealt with Marksman attacks by 300.

NIGHTBLADE
* Primal Death: Reworked. Now increases the Critical Hit chance of Primal Strike and Dusk Strike by 5-15%.
* Blazing Path: Reworked. No longer leaves a trail of fire. Now removes all crowd control effects, teleports the Rogue 15m forward and increases run speed by 50% for 5s.
* Flame Blitz: Damage has been increased. Now has a 20% chance per Combo Point to apply Fiery Spike to enemies hit if the target is affected by Fiery Spike.

SABOTEUR
* Spike Bomb: This abilities effect is now removed when the affected target resurrects or changes zone.

WARRIOR

BEASTMASTER
* Calliope's Beastmaster Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. After using Messy Wounds, the Warrior deals an additional 500 damage with Beastmaster attacks for 30s.
* Calliope's Glowing Beastmaster Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. After using Messy Wounds, the Warrior deals an additional 600 damage with Beastmaster attacks for 30s.

CHAMPION
* Calliope's Champion Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. After using Titan Strike, the Warrior deals an additional 500 damage with Champion attacks for 15s.
* Calliope's Glowing Champion Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. After using Titan Strike, the Warrior deals an additional 600 damage with Champion attacks for 15s.
* Chains of Death: Should no longer get twice the benefit from Calliope's Champion Crystal.

PARAGON
* Calliope's Paragon Crystal 2 piece bonus: Reworked. For 15s after using a follow up attack, the Warrior deals an additional 140 damage with Attack Point generating abilities.
* Calliope's Glowing Paragon Crystal 2 piece bonus: Reworked. For 15s after using a follow up attack, the Warrior deals an additional 165 damage with Attack Point generating abilities.

RIFTBLADE
* Calliope's Riftblade Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. After using Rift Implosion, the Warrior deals an additional 500 damage with Riftblade attacks for 15s.
* Calliope's Glowing Riftblade Crystal 4 piece bonus: Reworked. After using Rift Implosion, the Warrior deals an additional 600 damage with Riftblade attacks for 15s.
* Fiery Burst: Should no longer get twice the benefit from Calliope's Riftblade Crystal.

ZONES

STONEFIELD
* Quest: Dust to Dust: The Dead Adventurer in the crypt below The Harrow once again offers this quest.
* Quest: Lights Out: Now displays properly in the quest log.
* Quest: Dead Drop: Is once again available from quest giving objects in the Towering Steppes.
* Quest: War on the Dreadbone: Should be appropriately offered in Coterie Camp to players that have completed the quest A Strange Kind of Magnetism.

THE DENDROME
* Quest: Look to the Skies: Added a failsafe to handle rare cases if a player's leaps are interrupted in mid-air.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

INFINITY GATE
* Volan: Fix a graphical issue with one of Volan's attacks.
* Volan: Outbreak will now correctly trigger on all cleanses.

GRIM AWAKENING
* Kyzan: Now more forgiving on resetting while near the edge of his fight space.

REALM OF TWISTED DREAMS
* Achievement: Short Order Cook: Is now properly granted to the whole party when completed.

THE FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
* Quests: Wash it Away, Burning Faith: These quests are no longer available due to complications with cross-faction play. Thank you for understanding!

CRAFTING
* The recipe for Soulbind Leather Hood now requires Outfitter skill 250.
* Survival: Eating a feast now requires level 50.

ITEMS
* Using the Glowing Sourcestone results in a smaller placed crystal.
* The following items from the chronicle Infernal Dawn: Laethys have had their final upgrade paths fixed:
- Epaulettes of the Gold Worm
- Pauldrons of the Gold Worm
- Hoarder's Collar
- Laethys Slayer Epaulettes
- Laethys Slayer Shoulderguards
- Epaulettes of the Laethic Hoard
- Pauldrons of the Laethic Hoard

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

KaneTW posted:

Strongholds for Torvan, City Core rift chaining (there's a spot in the south with 2 rifts right next to each other; as long every other tear has a Major rift open in them they will only use those two spawns) for Lycini

I was at that spot grinding Lycini the day before 2.4 because there was a rumor that spot was getting changed. I never see groups there anymore so I think it did get changed.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Grittykitty posted:

I was at that spot grinding Lycini the day before 2.4 because there was a rumor that spot was getting changed. I never see groups there anymore so I think it did get changed.

The big thing that was changed was that they made it so that using the summon fire rift ability doesn't guarantee a hellbug rift. The spot's still theoretically good, it's just more annoying because you might have to deal with a regular fire rift, and those enemies actually have aoe and do a fair bit more damage.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Oraculum Animi posted:

RIFT STORE
:frogsiren: PAY 2 WIN :frogsiren:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Oraculum Animi posted:

GRIM AWAKENING
* Kyzan: Now more forgiving on resetting while near the edge of his fight space.

Man, if only they'd fixed that a while ago...

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

quote:

RIFT Store

These prices are kind of insane.

To buy a full set of gear, excluding weapons or accessories, plus a synergy crystal would cost a little over $270(If you bought just enough credit packages).

Even at the cheapest dollar:credit ratio, a chest piece or leggings cost $43.49 a piece. The shoulders and helm cost $37.95 each. Then the gloves, boots and belt all cost $30.41.

To deck out a warrior, cleric and rogue with DPS and tank gear as well as a mage with DPS gear would cost $1,778.77.

Edit: A full set of fully upgraded dungeon gear costs $74.08.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 2, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

To buy a full set of gear, excluding weapons or accessories, plus a synergy crystal would cost a little over $270(If you bought just enough credit packages).

Even at the cheapest dollar:credit ratio, a chest piece or leggings cost $43.49 a piece. The shoulders and helm cost $37.95 each. Then the gloves, boots and belt all cost $30.41.

To deck out a warrior, cleric and rogue with DPS and tank gear as well as a mage with DPS gear would cost $1,778.77.

Counterpoint: it took me a long time to get that (no longer) full orange set!

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

Cue a hundred posts of people adding up the credit costs of all their owned gear.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Virus server firsts Eggtenders and of course there aren't enough mage spots for me. Oh well!

AquaticIguana
Apr 29, 2009

I dabble in honky sorcery from time to time.
Can I get an invite? Name is Clemons.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

SlayVus posted:

Good. I don't mind them selling gear a tier below current content but it better not be cheap.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

IG on Monday, woo.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

9/9 One smooth run, great job folks! Infinity Gate on Monday, all you 520 hit people show up for new progression :)

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Murvin posted:

9/9 One smooth run, great job folks! Infinity Gate on Monday, all you 520 hit people show up for new progression :)

Also did TDQ, so 13/13.

Loot drops weren't great though. Still enjoyed myself (Sochun).

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

skystream92 posted:

Also did TDQ, so 13/13.

Loot drops weren't great though. Still enjoyed myself (Sochun).

TDQ, being a 10 man, isn't counted in progression. It's also really easy, so it's more of a loot pinata. 4/4 TDQ, 9/9 T1, and then 3/4 GA or whatever. Don't know about T2 stuff (GA is technically T2).

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

KaneTW posted:

Nope. I don't think there are enough EU goons playing or willing to reroll for one. If you can stand raiding from 2AM-5AM BST roll on NA, otherwise just roll somewhere on EU; I'm sure some goons are playing there so you can group up or whatever.

That wouldn't work out too well with my sleeping schedule or my habit of going to work, so I guess I'll have to stay on the EU server.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Murvin posted:

I'm seriously impressed at that. Go from wiping for hours on Regulos the one day and a full clear the other day.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

KaneTW posted:

I'm seriously impressed at that. Go from wiping for hours on Regulos the one day and a full clear the other day.

Don't worry we'll go back to wiping next Wednesday!

edit: apparently the warrior pubbie that raided with us has joined our guild! I think he's an alt, though.

edit2: We're pretty good at this game of dress up... I was going through my screenshots folder and these two were back-to-back:

necrotic fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

If you can do over like 260k raid dps (with 15 dps slots) you should give worms a try. The fight is arguably way easy than breaker right now (it feels like something is missing :psyduck:)

The trash is pretty brutal though.

• Locked thread