Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

-Troika- posted:

Which maps does the Brain Scorcher cover? Obviously CNPP and Radar, but are there others?

I think it's just those two, since you aren't supposed to be able to get to Pripyat otherwise, and Zaton/Yanov are after the scorcher was disabled in SoC so it doesn't do anything there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You can actually get to Pripyat without passing through Radar or CNPP, though I havn't tried. The Brain Scorcher doesn't cover Red Forest.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

:tipshat:

I'm pretty sure you can get to Pripyat through Jupiter Underground, but I have no idea if you need a closed cycle suit to do so.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Robot Randy posted:

:tipshat:

I'm pretty sure you can get to Pripyat through Jupiter Underground, but I have no idea if you need a closed cycle suit to do so.

You don't. Degtayrev and crew left the doors open and all the gas and monoxide leaked out. :v:

Also, meant to post these earlier with the link to the Improved Knife addon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHdH-VgbNxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur5QCZRde6Q

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Das Butterbrot posted:

The AN-94 is great, but I prefer a Protecta or the unique SPAS from Nimble as secondary for mutant-killing shotgun goodness.

At first I thought that might be a problem, but with all the ROF and recoil upgrades the AKS-74U will do for anything within 100-150 yards, human or not. It's not as efficient against mutants as something in 12 gauge or .45 hydrashock but it still does the job.

I was killing time waiting for Sakharov to tune up the psi helmet, and I went into Agroprom. I shot down a helicopter for existing, which for some reason triggered the alarm at the army base and caused all the loners hanging around the factory to run off to storm it. I followed them along and helped clear it, but I didn't have much fun at it because of the APCs. For the most part I just avoided their fields of fire. Are they invulnerable?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

EvanSchenck posted:

Are they invulnerable?

IIRC two RPG-7 warheads or a fistful of frags will do the trick. You can't shoot them to death like you can with helicopters. I haven't tried underbarrel grenades on them so I have no idea if they work. I usually just avoid them whenever possible.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009
So I was wondering, it's been years since I played STALKER, but I have both SoC and CoP and I think it's high time for another look at CoP with some mods, and I see a lot of you are talking about CoC, so I thought I'd ask a few questions about it!

-How "Complete" is it? Is it a solid experience in and of itself? Are missions etc in there? Is the faction system actually pretty deep?

-Do I need a weapon mod/graphics mod with it to make my STALKER all pretty?

-Is Rostok or whatever the big SoC city was called in it?

-One of my favourite gaming experiences ever was in SoC and I was running some mod I can't remember the name of for the life of. It added all sorts of AI behaviors and I was chilling in Rostok until I heard a shitload of gunfire. I go to the front entrance to the city and there's just a shitload of mutants attacking the guards and they eventually overran most of the city, with pockets of resistance here and there until me and my AI buddies finally managed to clear out almost everything, except that the city was now infested by Bloodsuckers. Does COC have that kind of insane emergent gameplay stuff in it? Are mutants a threat or is it mostly a "Pick a faction, shoot the factions that don't like you" kind of thing?

Sorry if these have all been asked before!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Call of Chernobyl has every map in the stalker series included, so yes Rostok/The Bar is there.

It's also the very epitome of emergent behaviour. There's not an actual huge amount of "official" content (there's only a few quest types, and they're often very sparse) but if you're the kind of person who likes exploring and creating your own goals then it will definitely scratch that itch.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Mutants are definitely a threat, but only in that it seems like there's a lot more of them than in vanilla and their locations are more randomized. I don't think infestations happen, although it'd be pretty awesome if they did - buildings in unpopulated areas having a low random chance of becoming overrun with mutants would add an extra dimension, especially as CoP made it canon that mutants "nest".

The only problem would be people getting hosed over at lower levels by getting caught in a blowout and having the only cover nearby infested with high level mutants.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What effect do controllers have on NPCs?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Mutants are definitely a threat, but only in that it seems like there's a lot more of them than in vanilla and their locations are more randomized. I don't think infestations happen, although it'd be pretty awesome if they did - buildings in unpopulated areas having a low random chance of becoming overrun with mutants would add an extra dimension, especially as CoP made it canon that mutants "nest".

The only problem would be people getting hosed over at lower levels by getting caught in a blowout and having the only cover nearby infested with high level mutants.

You can make mutants occupy smart terrains the same way stalkers do.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Cool, I didn't know that. Looks like I might have to finally get into proper modding.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Are the items Nimble sells randomly generated when you order them or when you pick them up?

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Mutants are definitely a threat, but only in that it seems like there's a lot more of them than in vanilla and their locations are more randomized.

I also like seeing the mutants get into fights with each other. Is that new to CoC or did I just never notice?

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

-Troika- posted:

Which maps does the Brain Scorcher cover? Obviously CNPP and Radar, but are there others?

Pripyat Plaza too (the middle one from the first game). Pripyat Outskirts (from CoP) isn't covered by it, and you can reach it through the Jupiter underground while the brain scorcher is still active. If you try to go west to the Plaza, you get the "get out of here" message and have to turn around.

Ddraig, I think I saw in your patchnotes from a while back that you changed the Exoskeleton's damage response to electrical. Was this to fix a bug, or was it a quality of life change? Because I had noticed early on that Exoskeletons go completely to zero-durability after like two zaps from an electrical anomaly.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It was a COC patch thing.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
Any chance anyone would know of an unscoped SVD model that would probably work in CoC?
I think Misery had one, though most of my googling seemed to come up empty, or lead to CS:GO discussions.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So I reinstalled CoP + Arsenal Overhaul 3 to tide me over while the mod's COC version is being worked on. For the first time ever, if I try to create a new game I get this error.

quote:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 502
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'bandit_outfit'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

stack trace:

No idea how to fix it, since I've completed several playthroughs and I never had this issue before.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Just started playing COC mod, and holy hell! How is anyone shooting at me as every gun I take off their bodies is broken garbage that I can't even sell. I think I found one actually functional AK off of a Soldier that got killed by a bloodsucker. Is this normal? How do you make money if you can't sell any weapons you loot?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
I find I can make a fair amount of cash selling ammo, it adds up pretty quick.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Blistex posted:

Just started playing COC mod, and holy hell! How is anyone shooting at me as every gun I take off their bodies is broken garbage that I can't even sell. I think I found one actually functional AK off of a Soldier that got killed by a bloodsucker. Is this normal? How do you make money if you can't sell any weapons you loot?

50/80% gun condition trader mod

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/mp3NXgac/file.html

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Some loner dude asked me to help rescue his friend in the Dead City, saying he'd been kidnapped by bandits. I figure 'bandits? Pffft, bandits are no match for me' but it turn out the Dead City is full of mercs. Like, holy poo poo that's a lot of mercs. I've high tailed it back to the Army Warehouses for now.

What's the best way to increase my carrying capacity? Save up for a better suit?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

nexus6 posted:

Some loner dude asked me to help rescue his friend in the Dead City, saying he'd been kidnapped by bandits. I figure 'bandits? Pffft, bandits are no match for me' but it turn out the Dead City is full of mercs. Like, holy poo poo that's a lot of mercs. I've high tailed it back to the Army Warehouses for now.

What's the best way to increase my carrying capacity? Save up for a better suit?

My last trip to Dead City and a storm broke out, meaning by the time it cleared it was a four-way battle between me, mercs, bandits and zombies. I had to kill every last mother fucker on that map. Fun with snipers in the upper floors of the wrecked buildings and the L-R audio channels still bugged.

And it still wasn't half as many dead bandits as my trip to Dark Valley.

e: \/\/ I wonder if the behavior from the Faction War mod for CS could be ported to COC, where NPCs will fight you over loot from dead bodies

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 23, 2015

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

nexus6 posted:

You have several options:
  • Some suits/weapons allow you to decrease their weight or increase how much you can carry with modifications.

• Some artifacts give a +4, +8 to carry weight but are radioactive.

• Hercules is common and sold everywhere and gives you a +20kg boost for 5 minutes.

• Or just travel lighter and make multiple trips. Stash boxes (blue footlockers) are safe spots to dump all your crap.
I forget what mod it was but you would get robbed if you left it in a box stalkers passed by frequently. Or worse, if you "discover" a random stash location on a body or whatever and its the same one you put all your crap in and your box full of guns now just has a sausage and a box of 9mm in it. CoC doesn't pull that crap on you so any box or the placeable stash backpacks are safe places to store your stuff.

Also I rolled a Monolith and I was seeing yellow dots and stars on the minimap and I'm all :wtf: everyone's supposed to hate us and lo and behold, Zombies are neutral to Monolith. They don't talk much, just kinda stare at ya all slack jawed. I just let them go about their shambling, drooling business; they'll help the Monolith in their own way I suppose :v:

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 23, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I just assumed stashes could be opened and stuck them in out of the way parkour spots when custom stashes became a thing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Asked this in the steam thread, and was directed here.

Looking to mess around in the Call of Pripyat world, as I've played HUNDREDS of hours in SoC and CS. I've already beat the main story and I've already tried Misery I think earlier this year, but didn't care for it.

In particular, I'm looking for as sandboxy of a mod as I can get for CoP. Lots of weapons, ambiance, baddies to kill, maybe the occasional loot/artifact.

Barring that, any mod that just adds more open-ness without being annoyingly difficult (the lasting taste in my mouth is from trying mods that were "super ultra hard mode" where I bled out from a makarov shot from 200 feet away, from someone I didn't know I aggrod...at like the start of the game).

I'd appreciate any help. :ussr:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
We are all talking about this standalone mod (you still need CoP installed) called Call of Chernobyl that makes the game a giant freeroam clusterfuck of awesome. A modder in the thread is developing his own highly recommended addon pack.

The only problem I'd see is it includes every map ever in the series. But considering there are like 3 maps in CoP (I got poo poo-tired of them after 12 hours) this isn't exactly a bad thing. And the CoP maps are still there for you.

As a STALKER fan from the start (last game I ever pre-ordered was SHoC) I'd have to say this is the be all end all stalker experience. As said before, you make your own goals. And just surviving and getting by is enough of a goal in itself. Personally I love building a giant personal arsenal.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 23, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So uh, I remember someoned mentioned the fix to this somewhere in the thread, but what do I do in Arsenal Overhaul when there's a blowout and the Skadovsk isn't considered a safe place? I'm getting killed inside it.

Ah yes, holster your weapon was the solution. :lol:

Azran fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 23, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Azran posted:

So uh, I remember someoned mentioned the fix to this somewhere in the thread, but what do I do in Arsenal Overhaul when there's a blowout and the Skadovsk isn't considered a safe place? I'm getting killed inside it.

Ah yes, holster your weapon was the solution. :lol:

Wish this still happened in CoC just to know that people are dying from it in this mod too. :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Going to be playing Arsenal Overhaul 3. Out of curiosity, is the .dll in the OP still recommended?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Where would the faction wars addon be for Call of Chernobyl? Or do factions actually take control over zones? I haven't noticed it, I clear a zone of a faction or someone else does it, I come back and the faction that got slaughtered is right back there.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 23, 2015

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Thanks, this will probably be a big help.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

NeoSeeker posted:

Where would the faction wars addon be for Call of Chernobyl? Or do factions actually take control over zones? I haven't noticed it, I clear a zone of a faction or someone else does it, I come back and the faction that got slaughtered is right back there.

Fish Fry Andy posted his FW stuff a few pages back, but it's not so much an addon as a WiP based on what he's said.

I think anyone looking to play CoC may as well take the current offerings at face value and look forward to a solid gameplay mod experience as a nice Christmas/New Year's treat.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I hate to ask but I don't want to use the "Beard Sells Everything" addon for Arsenal Overhaul 3, but...how soon can you get the VSS? Been hunting around for it for the better part of 6+ hours and I can't find it.

Lots of cool weapons, yes, but I want the VSS. :ohdear:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Morter posted:

I hate to ask but I don't want to use the "Beard Sells Everything" addon for Arsenal Overhaul 3, but...how soon can you get the VSS? Been hunting around for it for the better part of 6+ hours and I can't find it.

Lots of cool weapons, yes, but I want the VSS. :ohdear:

Couldn't you use the mod, buy the VSS, then remove it?

Failing that, I don't know if AO3 monkeys with vanilla stashes, but there's one on the burned farmstead anomaly northeast-ish of Skadovsk in Zaton.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Coughing Hobo posted:

Failing that, I don't know if AO3 monkeys with vanilla stashes, but there's one on the burned farmstead anomaly northeast-ish of Skadovsk in Zaton.

Nope, first place I checked. It's not there. :(

Neither does nimble or any of the weapon dealers (that I've run into) in the first two areas sell it.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Morter posted:

Nope, first place I checked. It's not there. :(

Neither does nimble or any of the weapon dealers (that I've run into) in the first two areas sell it.

Talk to the duty leader in Jupiter, he sells pretty much every piece of Warshaw pact gunz in the game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I need to go to Yanov. I'm outside the Skadovsk and I cannot enter because I fought a Chimera outside and all the Stalkers came rushing out weapon in hand, before stopping in front of the door. They aren't moving and I can't go in either. What can I do? Saving and reloading didn't work.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Klaus88 posted:

Talk to the duty leader in Jupiter, he sells pretty much every piece of Warshaw pact gunz in the game.

Cheers, big ears. :respek:

Azran posted:

I need to go to Yanov. I'm outside the Skadovsk and I cannot enter because I fought a Chimera outside and all the Stalkers came rushing out weapon in hand, before stopping in front of the door. They aren't moving and I can't go in either. What can I do? Saving and reloading didn't work.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your issue, but I believe there is a way to get to the upper level exits/entrances via the adjacent boat.

Morter fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 24, 2015

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Coughing Hobo posted:

If you're playing CoC ; I found a VSS or AS Val on some guys in the Army Warehouses; Nimble also sold me one, but that may be randomized. Worst case scenario is use the CoC debug to spawn it.
If you're not playing CoC: I am useless and cannot help you.

Azran posted:

From the east get onto the little boat next to Skadovsk, run the ramp up, there are two doors on the upper deck leading into the Skadovsk. Don't know about CoC but vanilla CoP has a gravitic anomaly on the small boat, doesn't block you form getting onto the SKadovsk you just have to use the side of the small boat that's opposite the anomaly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
So, is there a summary of the various Wish Granter endings? I can't seem to figure out what 'World Peace' or 'Control Humanity' actually do.