Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

As a kiwi I can confirm that I have no rugby skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Reign Of Pain posted:

Too bloody bad that none of you wankers will ever come close to the skill level of the Kiwis

It is known.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

As a kiwi I can confirm that I have no rugby skills.

We get 10x exp bonus when we try though

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Branis posted:

Saint patricks day isn't too big around here. I think I may be the only person in the entire county with irish heritage and an irish name. The rest are all drat dirty dutch and norwegians.

Umm news flash, there is no creds check at the entrance to a St. Patrick's day parade, anyone can and will claim their heritage to be Irish.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Umm news flash, there is no creds check at the entrance to a St. Patrick's day parade, anyone can and will claim their heritage to be Irish.

Where do you draw the line? Most of your east coast seems to pretend to be Irish, if they ever actually went to Ireland to see how backward it is they would be more likely to celebrate Ramadan than St Patricks Day. My father is a mick and I hate everything about that side of family.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Americans used to hate the irish with a passion but first desegregation then 9/11 gave some new people to poo poo on so now it's cool to pretend-Irish all up in those parades.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Smiling Jack posted:

Edit^2: okay my driver lifted him in the air in a bear hug while I did a flying tackle I don't know what you call it

I think that's a Frankensteiner but remembering poo poo from when I was 12 is surprisingly hard so I might be wrong

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

It's a pitch, m8

And Hezzy would play rugby league (Canadian Football) because Northerners are tight and won't even play a game of rugby without someone paying them for it.

Union is way too slow. Just a bunch of men writing around on the floor in a pile.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boO4RowROiw

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

Union is way too slow. Just a bunch of men writing around on the floor in a pile.

How else do you expect me to enter a man on a Saturday without having to admit I need to make some lifestyle changes.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Vahakyla posted:

Americans used to hate the irish with a passion but first desegregation then 9/11 gave some new people to poo poo on so now it's cool to pretend-Irish all up in those parades.

no it really hasn't changed people are just a little bit nicer about it

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

krispykremessuck posted:

no it really hasn't changed people are just a little bit nicer about it

I still hate everyone.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
better irish than cajun just gonna throw that down. I'll take potatoes and boiled cabbage over swamp bugs any day.

Branis fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 19, 2015

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Reading about the Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign reminded me I need to re-watch the original. That got me wondering how often your copgoon (and non-goon) colleagues quote lines from Super Troopers, Hot Fuzz, or other police-related movies and TV shows. Pilots never shut the gently caress up about Top Gun, so I'm guessing the answer is "often," but I'd like to know for sure.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

Reading about the Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign reminded me I need to re-watch the original. That got me wondering how often your copgoon (and non-goon) colleagues quote lines from Super Troopers, Hot Fuzz, or other police-related movies and TV shows. Pilots never shut the gently caress up about Top Gun, so I'm guessing the answer is "often," but I'd like to know for sure.

My brother's (I think) T-2 squadron had a bucket where everytime someone quoted Top Gun they had to put $5 in it. The money went to buying lunch for the instructors. They never once went hungry from what Im told

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I want you to crash and burn into my danger zone

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

How do you guys feel when responding to citizen arrests

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
most people lose interest when they find out they will have to go to court and follow this whole thing through to the end instead of just handing it off to us and leaving.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Branis posted:

most people lose interest when they find out they will have to go to court and follow this whole thing through to the end instead of just handing it off to us and leaving.

But as far as Ive aeen most of the time a CA form canstand in for a witness

The reason I ask is because I make upwards of 6 or 7 arrests per week and the officers seem to hate responding.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

LeoMarr posted:

But as far as Ive aeen most of the time a CA form canstand in for a witness

The reason I ask is because I make upwards of 6 or 7 arrests per week and the officers seem to hate responding.

What do you do? Are you a bouncer by chance?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

What do you do? Are you a bouncer by chance?

No I do plain clothed security.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
I'm not aware of anything that can stand in for a witness, especially when that witness is the person making the arrest.

For the record i've never seen a citizens arrest actually happen in my area.

Branis fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 25, 2015

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

LeoMarr posted:

No I do plain clothed security.

What kind of arrests do you make? Retail theft? Do you sign complaints for the arrests you make?

I'm trying to imagine what would make cops upset or frustrated at having to respond to your calls and get (what sound like) an easy arrest stat.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
There are citizens arrests and there is "citizens arrest" by virtue of employment ie. security guard, loss prevention, store owner, special police, etc. In certain cases where the code authorizes a property owner or his designee to "arrest" someone, ie. shoplifter we'll process the arrest, take all the evidence, etc. but they still have to testify. If it's an approved security guard or special police our policy is to say "you catch you clean it" unless we have an interest or our own local charges. Either way we'll transport for those guys, but they have to do all the paperwork and press all the charges.

Shoplifting calls suck just because. Citizen's arrests for say something major are usually interesting because of the call type. When the bouncers or "special police" at the local bar yoke somebody up and expect us to deal with the aftermath it blows. We have a few other "special police" agencies in our jurisdiction though which play by the rules and will do all the work themselves, and when they ask for assistance it's usually no problem.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

near daily basis

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Lot of "The Other Guys" too.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

When Super Troopers first came out, it was near-constant.

Now, not as much. I'm sure that will change if Super Troopers 2 ever gets made.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

What kind of arrests do you make? Retail theft? Do you sign complaints for the arrests you make?

I'm trying to imagine what would make cops upset or frustrated at having to respond to your calls and get (what sound like) an easy arrest stat.

Yes retail theft, battery, robbery and trespassing arrests. i just have a lot of officers say "well, what will solve problem today" in response to an arrest when they dont want to book the dude into county jail or the dude is a transient.

also, my local PD sometimes picks up our transient subjects and drops them off in a different city, is this a common theme everywhere?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
so basically you got them on lovely misdemeanor charges, which is why the cops probably hate it. Also yes moving transients along is common as poo poo. if you aren't picky about your time frame and sleeping situation you could probably road trip across the US in the back of a squad car. I live in an interstate county and all summer long transients from somewhere else get dropped here and we move them down the line to the next county and so on and so on until they get to their destination, because they will inevitably cause trouble in our town and we don't have any resources to help them with anyway.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Branis posted:

so basically you got them on lovely misdemeanor charges, which is why the cops probably hate it. Also yes moving transients along is common as poo poo. if you aren't picky about your time frame and sleeping situation you could probably road trip across the US in the back of a squad car. I live in an interstate county and all summer long transients from somewhere else get dropped here and we move them down the line to the next county and so on and so on until they get to their destination, because they will inevitably cause trouble in our town and we don't have any resources to help them with anyway.

Wasn't this the reason Rambo lost his poo poo in First Blood? Have you learned NOTHING?!?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
We got busted one night dropping 3 drunk vagrants outside the neighboring borough's main police station. Their duty inspector switched to our radio channel and was going loving mental.

Then again that borough got busted dropping gang members off http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28267942 in rival gang estates so I guess it's justice.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

LeoMarr posted:

Yes retail theft, battery, robbery and trespassing arrests. i just have a lot of officers say "well, what will solve problem today" in response to an arrest when they dont want to book the dude into county jail or the dude is a transient.

also, my local PD sometimes picks up our transient subjects and drops them off in a different city, is this a common theme everywhere?

I don't know, sounds like you might be getting some lazy loving cops responding to your calls. Maybe stop calling in on day shift and hold them until the 2nd or 3rd shift officers come on. Real answer: just keep doing what you're doing but try to be polite and understanding with the responding guys. Maybe pull them aside and see if there's anything you can do on your end to make their jobs easier when they respond. Maybe you can start filling out your own complaints to help them out.

Also, yes - get vagrants the gently caress outta here. We will transport them out of town all day long.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Then again that borough got busted dropping gang members off http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28267942 in rival gang estates so I guess it's justice.

Its like someone started playing GTA: San Andreas and thought the part where Pulaski throws CJ out of the car in Ballas territory was a good idea.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I don't know, sounds like you might be getting some lazy loving cops responding to your calls. Maybe stop calling in on day shift and hold them until the 2nd or 3rd shift officers come on. Real answer: just keep doing what you're doing but try to be polite and understanding with the responding guys. Maybe pull them aside and see if there's anything you can do on your end to make their jobs easier when they respond. Maybe you can start filling out your own complaints to help them out.

Also, yes - get vagrants the gently caress outta here. We will transport them out of town all day long.

Most of the officers I deal with are reasonable people who do have effort. Just some are extremely loving lazy. my favorite phrase is "well the charge will probably be dropped because its to petty so I dont want to cite him or her"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
Didn't you have a thread in ask/tell about being a professional shoplifter?

I'm probably very confused.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
There is a higher percentage of arsonists in Firefighters than the average population. Hth.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Leal posted:

Its like someone started playing GTA: San Andreas and thought the part where Pulaski throws CJ out of the car in Ballas territory was a good idea.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Grem posted:

Didn't you have a thread in ask/tell about being a professional shoplifter?

I'm probably very confused.

yeah but I don't actually do that.

• Locked thread