Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Ships seem dumb and bad

They were pretty cool for like... 2 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

They were pretty cool for like... 2 days

Yeah, the only reason I'm putting any effort into them is because I want Vader's Zeta

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
When fighting against Scimitar/Fives do you start with Ahsoka out? I feel like damage is weak and I might be better off dealing without a dispel and just reinforcing ahsoka if I have to.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Boozie posted:

When fighting against Scimitar/Fives do you start with Ahsoka out? I feel like damage is weak and I might be better off dealing without a dispel and just reinforcing ahsoka if I have to.

Scimitar is quite slow, I find I am sometimes able to just kill it before it gets a turn. This is less true at higher levels, it gets a bit more HP and is hard to knock out before its special.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

You're going to be waiting on raid gear eventually for all of them anyway.

This is where all my dumb loving characters are at. I have 12 toons that are 7* and being held back at G8 by the stupid Fusion whatevers. yaaaaaay

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My guild is about to launch its first raid tomorrow and I want to make sure everyone can participate. That is to say, they can qualify to enter, get some damage done and get a reward out of it even if they get their faces smashed in in short order. With that in mind, when it says on the guild screen that the requirements are 3, 4, 5 stars etc, and that each tier is intended for level 40, 50, 60 and gear level IV, V, VI etc, are these all hard requirements or is it just the star level that will stop people from entering the raid?

I don't want to gently caress it up and launch one too high and have people unable to enter, but I also don't want to launch one that is too easy and the rewards are lovely, because getting tickets still takes about three days with our current numbers.

tl;dr: if I look through everyone's roster and see that they all have at least 5 4-star heroes, can I use that to determine the highest tier I can launch that everyone can enter?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Cactus posted:

My guild is about to launch its first raid tomorrow and I want to make sure everyone can participate. That is to say, they can qualify to enter, get some damage done and get a reward out of it even if they get their faces smashed in in short order. With that in mind, when it says on the guild screen that the requirements are 3, 4, 5 stars etc, and that each tier is intended for level 40, 50, 60 and gear level IV, V, VI etc, are these all hard requirements or is it just the star level that will stop people from entering the raid?

I don't want to gently caress it up and launch one too high and have people unable to enter, but I also don't want to launch one that is too easy and the rewards are lovely, because getting tickets still takes about three days with our current numbers.

tl;dr: if I look through everyone's roster and see that they all have at least 5 4-star heroes, can I use that to determine the highest tier I can launch that everyone can enter?

the tier is the minimum number of stars that characters must have. so in the highest tier only 7* characters can participate.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Cactus posted:

... are these all hard requirements or is it just the star level that will stop people from entering the raid?

Star level is the only thing that matters. If you start a tier 6, someone can bring in a level 1 gear 0 6* and instantly die. They will get credit if they are on the damage board, even if it says 0.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Thanks guys.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
For months I was a god at arena, but it's finally come to an end.

I'm disappointed because I don't think I fully appreciate how loving spoiled I was taking home #1-2 everyday. I can still break top 10, but now it's Chaze, Sun Fac and Boba's as far as the eye can see. I can't beat any of these with Wiggs or EP+TFP; there's no point in even trying. I think most people are using their ship tokens on Sun Fac and that's why he's more common than before. I've been spending them on ships so I can eventually get zetas, but I'm still so far away it feels hopeless. Slave 1 never shows up in the shop, and when I unlock the tier 3 challenge I still need to get the zetas to actually drop. I'm almost done with Boba, so after that my 5* Baze and *4 CI that will become my primary focus.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

For months I was a god at arena, but it's finally come to an end.

I'm disappointed because I don't think I fully appreciate how loving spoiled I was taking home #1-2 everyday. I can still break top 10, but now it's Chaze, Sun Fac and Boba's as far as the eye can see. I can't beat any of these with Wiggs or EP+TFP; there's no point in even trying. I think most people are using their ship tokens on Sun Fac and that's why he's more common than before. I've been spending them on ships so I can eventually get zetas, but I'm still so far away it feels hopeless. Slave 1 never shows up in the shop, and when I unlock the tier 3 challenge I still need to get the zetas to actually drop. I'm almost done with Boba, so after that my 5* Baze and *4 CI that will become my primary focus.

Keep working on Boba. I've been in your boat for the last couple weeks, going from easy top 3 to scraping by on top 10. Today I ran EP, Boba (G10), Vader, Shore (4* G10), JKA, and cleared Chaze teams (takes some practice and figuring out the right usage of abilities -- usually it's stack buffs/debuffs on Chirrut then execute him). Before today I hadn't beat any of the Chaze teams around me. This won't hold on defense as well as Wiggs/Chaze teams, but I can beat those teams now, which is very awesome.

e:Woo, for the first time in the past month, I got 2nd. My next best was 3rd once, and only hit 5th 3 times. As long as I have time between 5 and 6, I should be able to hit top 5 again.

e2: So, I went to start watching Rebels, s3, only to find out I didn't finish out s2. There was a great line from Ahsoka that I thought was aimed more at the EU than the episode itself "There's always a bit of truth in legends," especially now that we know that 1) Thrawn is a part of s3, and 2) Zahn is writing a new series in the new canon.

e3: That was a pretty epic end to s2.

Also, I've started looking into ships more, now that I actually have Vader and Boba (sadly, both 4*), and TI currently thinks that a Tarkin fleet is the best. They recommend running Boba, TFP, FOTP, Vader, and Biggs as your primary, with Maul, Fives, and Poe as backup. Other Pilots that they list at the top are SF, Clone Sarge, and Plo.

Alternatively, they've proposed a fleet to stall out any attackers, which would be a Mace fleet with Plo, Rex, CS, JC, and Ahsoka, with Maul, SF, and Fives as backup.

They've also noted that for people who aren't whales, AA is the more versatile fleet commander and best until you have Vader, Boba, FOTP, and TFP in pretty good shape. That said, late game it becomes pretty clear that he's the worst of the three...so...long term planning vs short term gain. Depending on how you're doing in arena right now, it could be better to put more resources into Tarkin, or keep working on AA. They also recommend buffing the poo poo out of Biggs...between his tankiness and all the TL going around, he's pretty tough to kill. While his taunt/prot won't proc every single TL, between Vader having a guaranteed TL, and FOTP, Boba, TFP, and Biggs all having TL basics, you're going to be landing a lot of them. Biggs' ability can also trigger off TL expiring and re-applying thanks to Vader.

With my own personal experiences with Boba (4* level 80 ship, 7* level 85 G11 hero), he's really good as a reinforcement. I'm running JC, Biggs, FOTP, Vader, TFP in my main, with Boba and Ahsoka on the side (can't wait until I can have 3 reinforcements...really close). Anyways, this gives Vader a chance to land TLs all around, and then Boba gets to reinforce, using Proton Torpedoes on all enemies and getting a guaranteed crit (25-30k right now). It also can inflict ability block, so all in all, it's pretty brutal. His special is I guess really crazy, and starts on a 3 turn CD, which makes it really good to run him main. I guess if you use that around the same time as Fives' Umbaran Missile Pods, it destroys anything that isn't a tank.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 6, 2017

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Was the Piggy Guard always listed as a Scoundrel?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Does anyone have a guild that raids at less than tier vi

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Does anyone have a guild that raids at less than tier vi

Add me on 561-766-648 and I'll invite you to The Rocinante. We're about to start a T3 or T4 raid later today, because we're mostly a startup levelling guild. It's a mix of a few pubbies off the official forums, a few people I know in real life and a few goons. We're all pretty chilled out and don't require daily amounts of quotas to be met or anything like that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Credit Heist two thousand seventeen

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Credit Heist two thousand seventeen

I got 2.5m and 1.5m. I've never gotten less than 2.5m, I thought that was the minimum. Apparently not :v:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Cactus posted:

Add me on 561-766-648 and I'll invite you to The Rocinante. We're about to start a T3 or T4 raid later today, because we're mostly a startup levelling guild. It's a mix of a few pubbies off the official forums, a few people I know in real life and a few goons. We're all pretty chilled out and don't require daily amounts of quotas to be met or anything like that.

Sent a request

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

If that was the one I just allied with, you'll have to leave your current guild before I can invite you.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Cactus posted:

If that was the one I just allied with, you'll have to leave your current guild before I can invite you.

I will once my request timed out in an hour for materiels

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

I will once my request timed out in an hour for materiels

Ah I see, ok no problem. I'll check the management/ally invite screen in an hour or so and when you show up there I'll drop you an invite.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

I got 2.5m and 1.5m. I've never gotten less than 2.5m, I thought that was the minimum. Apparently not :v:

Yeah, it used to be... they nerfed it, if you can believe that.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, it used to be... they nerfed it, if you can believe that.

I got 1.5mil soon after they changed the format (originally, the most you could get was 1 million). I think I've gotten it 3 times total, whereas I've gotten 5 million once. Meanwhile other people have gotten 10 like 3-4 times.

Assholes.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I can only do tier 1 credit heist, I unlocked Cad Bane yesterday but all my scoundrels are lvl50 and gear IV and I can't clear tier 2 :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

overdesigned posted:

I can only do tier 1 credit heist, I unlocked Cad Bane yesterday but all my scoundrels are lvl50 and gear IV and I can't clear tier 2 :(

you'll get there, buddy

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I got 7.5 mil from both attempts today. Spent about half on my scoundrel squad to make the last tier easier, because I could only one-star it on like one out of every three or four attempts. Levelled some of the dudes I use a lot and the rest I'm keeping aside for upcoming 6 and 7 star promotions.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you, dude. I've gotten 5m once and 2.5/1.5 every other time ever.

You get 15m in one fuckin' day? I could level so many drat toons!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

No 7.5 mil total haha. I wish...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Cactus posted:

Ah I see, ok no problem. I'll check the management/ally invite screen in an hour or so and when you show up there I'll drop you an invite.

I'm clear now my dude

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm clear now my dude

Done.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Can I get an invite to any goonbro guilds. Code: 948-399-819

Also, the op really helped me to blaze through early confusion and getting a Lando from my first (and probably the last ever) chromium pack really helped. :ducksiren: My newbie bros, Lando is super amazing and you should get it asap!

Trying to unlock Qui Gon Jinn now because I'm the kind of old nerd who still get the thrills when hearing a lightsaber sound. I have to admit, if I had the means to dump hundreds if not thousands of dollars into this I would've done it in a heartbeat. :negative:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Galewolf posted:

Also, the op really helped me to blaze through early confusion and getting a Lando from my first (and probably the last ever) chromium pack really helped. :ducksiren: My newbie bros, Lando is super amazing and you should get it asap!

Trying to unlock Qui Gon Jinn now because I'm the kind of old nerd who still get the thrills when hearing a lightsaber sound. I have to admit, if I had the means to dump hundreds if not thousands of dollars into this I would've done it in a heartbeat. :negative:

Sent.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Got it! Thanks alot.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Rancor loves the fresh taste of Lumi. Popping Lumis the way others eat an entire tin of Danish butter cookies.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Galewolf posted:

Great! It makes me happy/proud to read things like this cause I've put way too much time into that godawful heap of a post. You should definitely not buy more chromiums, but if you want to spend money, getting extra energy refreshes will pay off in a huge way -- and any early crystals you put into energy will generally earn you more than you've spent in the long run. Spending money on crystals late in the game will earn you nothing. If you've spent something like $5, you also get an option to get 100 crystals per day for 21 days for $12, which is the best value of any of the deals, and naturally trends towards spending crystals on energy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I finally got enough shards to unlock Wedge to complete my Rebel team of Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Ackbar, and Lando, and holy poo poo this is good. I'm still getting some of the guys up to speed but can already tell this team comp is going to be beastly.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

explosivo posted:

I finally got enough shards to unlock Wedge to complete my Rebel team of Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Ackbar, and Lando, and holy poo poo this is good. I'm still getting some of the guys up to speed but can already tell this team comp is going to be beastly.

Yup, just wait until you can replace AA with someone good.

e: Holy poo poo we just started P1 heroic, and I just landed my best ever at 360k with Teebo, QGJ, EE, TFP, Phasma. My TFP is at 237 speed with a CD set and a CD primary, 43.5% CC. I've been messing around with mods lately so that I can run Boba, who now has 238 speed, and decided not to move mods around for this phase. I've got 167 Teebo, 170 EE, 191 QGJ, and 153 Phasma. So, with the squad you should be using for P1 Rancor anyways, you can now land ~8% of AAT P1 Heroic, if you try hard enough. You're welcome.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 6, 2017

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Great! It makes me happy/proud to read things like this cause I've put way too much time into that godawful heap of a post. You should definitely not buy more chromiums, but if you want to spend money, getting extra energy refreshes will pay off in a huge way -- and any early crystals you put into energy will generally earn you more than you've spent in the long run. Spending money on crystals late in the game will earn you nothing. If you've spent something like $5, you also get an option to get 100 crystals per day for 21 days for $12, which is the best value of any of the deals, and naturally trends towards spending crystals on energy.

I think, if left to my own devices, I would've ended up reading alot of rubbish pubbie guides and maybe making the 1/5th of progress I've made now. Especially the stress you've made on spending crystals on energy replenishment is spot on because from what I see it is entirely possible to end up literally not being able to play the game further that day if you blitz through dailies / energy. I can see myself putting out some change for some crystals and the 21 day deal sounds pretty nice.

I have a problem though: My phone downloaded the localized version of the game and it translation is horrible, not to mention making it near impossible to read some guides. I was going insane trying to find Stormtrooper Han (STH) because he got translated something different and I had to check the whole roster. Is there a way to download the English version to my phone or change the language in game (I couldn't find it anywhere).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Galewolf posted:

I have a problem though: My phone downloaded the localized version of the game and it translation is horrible, not to mention making it near impossible to read some guides. I was going insane trying to find Stormtrooper Han (STH) because he got translated something different and I had to check the whole roster. Is there a way to download the English version to my phone or change the language in game (I couldn't find it anywhere).

I haven't heard of anything like this happening. Post on the official forums, but they probably won't help you.

e: additional raid stuffs...I'm also no longer maximizing damage (it's just not worth the credit cost), but I'm able to get a lot by moving just a few mods around. I forgot that I already had mods on JE, and those ones get him up to 225 speed (that's one speed set, one 30 speed primary, and a combined 34 in secondaries). I have another set that gives him another 20-30 but it's just not worth it anymore...but I took off 6 mods from Boba (basically my fastest mods) and divied those up between HK, 88, and 86 who had mostly complete mods (not great mods, but sufficient -- 88 and 86 have some bonus CC, a CD primary, and a CD set -- could probably get them another 20-30 speed each). I then ran HK, 88, 86, K2, JE. I think next time I'm going to try putting Nebit back in, not super impressed with K2 in raids. Anyways, got 400k out of P2 there (I think my best ever was about 750k with all of my best mods). I should be able to get another 500k with only moving one set of mods (fast/tanky mods onto STH -- I just keep tanky mods on RG and Poe) for 500k, and then I have another mediocre set of mods already on my rebels. So, in short, I'll be able to do this whole raid for less than 100k credits, while still posting over 1 million damage, which should get me somewhere in top 10-20. I'd like to be hitting top 10, but that's pretty competitive and I'd have to probably spend another 100k moving mods each raid. 8th place is 100k more credits than 11th, so if I can achieve that, it's worth it (same # GK shards, slightly more guild credit, slightly better gear box).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 6, 2017

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Now I'm curious what language you play it in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Probe posted:

Now I'm curious what language you play it in...

Extensible Markup Language