Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Sousa went to China :whore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Fiorentina have also signed 3 players. All backline. Two center backs, one of which is 6 foot 5, and a rightback who is actually a rightback. Who has pace. Who isn't Tomovic.

This transfer season is looking loving amazing so far. Gonzalo leaving is still sad but we definitely replaced him quickly.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sturaro is in the promo pictures for the new kit, so I guess he's not going anywhere :destiny:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/872814431012605953

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
That owns, Nicola sounds like a good dude.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

That owns, Nicola sounds like a good dude.

FIFA's Manager of the Year imo

I'm sure it'll go to Zidane but seriously

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

That story rules. I hope he's able to see it through.

Also, reminder that 2nd leg of the promotional playoff is going on as we speak. 0-0 after the first leg, so it looks like it's winner take all.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I will accept a Benevento win or a Lasagna hat trick. Nothing less.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

I will accept a Benevento win or a Lasagna hat trick. Nothing less.

:yeah:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I don't want to be presumptuous but based on what I saw, not a lot of people wear helmets. Surely that might have helped and hopefully he does too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I don't want to be presumptuous but based on what I saw, not a lot of people wear helmets. Surely that might have helped and hopefully he does too.

With the recent deaths of Nicky Hayden and Michele Scarponi I think he'd be insane not to.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Benevento are up 1-0, big Kev is on the bench. If Carpi lose this it will be for wasting the Lasagna

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Looks like I'm going to Italia LOL

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

Looks like I'm going to Italia LOL

That owns, you must do it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gonna post photos from the "stadium." It's gonna own.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Looking forward to it! I loved watching my first serie a game live. Loved it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Inter/status/873177884000755714

#interiscoming

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

#interiscoming

They should be, he's the first competitive manager they've had since Mourinho.

Conti's agent has come to an agreement with Milan, it's up to Atalanta whether they want to sell him. Would be really good. Could really go for a striker now and I would call this transfer season an insane success.

PSG is apparently asking about Donnarumma, if Milan let him go I hope it's for Verratti + cash.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Is Adriano Galliani still at Milan because you know Zlatan on a free sounds right up his alley

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hegay posted:

Is Adriano Galliani still at Milan because you know Zlatan on a free sounds right up his alley

No he was killed when the Chinese took over, which is why Milan have signed three players and it's not even August 30th

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So we might be losing Bernadeschi to Inter? He put in a transfer request (allegedly) which seems weird because he was supposed to be a big part of Pioli's plan no?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

No he was killed when the Chinese took over, which is why Milan have signed three players and it's not even August 30th

So they no longer assume they'd be signing Zlatan for his peak years? Well done.

Verratti would be a good get, he's definitely talented but more than willing to play like an absolute rear end in a top hat

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Calcio Storico is kicking off in 30 minutes and Massimo Ferrero is in attendance.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822901

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Plizzari saved two penalties to give Italy the third place game in the U20 World Cup. Giving Gigio that side eye no doubt.

The big boys play Lichtenstein this afternoon; since UEFA is moronic, the goal difference will matter in the group ranking so Italy have to score a billion goals like Spain did. I'd rather we just win and then also win against Spain. This group is retarded.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Plizzari saved two penalties to give Italy the third place game in the U20 World Cup. Giving Gigio that side eye no doubt.

The big boys play Lichtenstein this afternoon; since UEFA is moronic, the goal difference will matter in the group ranking so Italy have to score a billion goals like Spain did. I'd rather we just win and then also win against Spain. This group is retarded.

could be worse, with Gigio you probably won't give up first place in your qualifying group on a 50-yarder in the last minute to the second-place team :negative:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

could be worse, with Gigio you probably won't give up first place in your qualifying group on a 50-yarder in the last minute to the second-place team :negative:

That owned, lol. France will still finish first easily though. Italy's hopes for direct qualification are directly tied to Chinese steroid production facility management.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

That owned, lol. France will still finish first easily though. Italy's hopes for direct qualification are directly tied to Chinese steroid production facility management.

I'm pulling for those Chinese steroids then! Who's first in that group? Spain?

I'm sure France will still win the group, but I've never seen anyone snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as frequently and bewilderingly as Les Bleus.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Italy only managed 5 to Spain's 8 or 9 or whatever. We'll have to beat Spain to get on top of the group.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kalanic might be going to Milan. For more than 20m supposedly. Not sure how I feel about that.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
A couple of changes for next season are now official. One is that the goal line ref is removed and VAR will be used instead. The other is that there will be no winter break, although there will be a "rest week" in mid January.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
removal of the winter break seems strange

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

removal of the winter break seems strange

Agreed, I thought the players union would've thrown more of a fit. Word is that Ventura asked the league to end the season earlier to prepare for the world cup sooner. Lots of planning ahead for something that the team may not even qualify for!

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Lol if they think Qatar is gonna exist in time for the world cup. Just lol.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 12, 2017

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Di Francesco to Roma is done

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously, you're a Roma fan, right? How do you feel about that?

A season ago I would've said it was brilliant but Sassuolo had a pretty decent team this year and were quite bad for a lot of the season.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

A season ago I would've said it was brilliant but Sassuolo had a pretty decent team this year and were quite bad for a lot of the season.

Europa League playoffs are a killer. Was this year for Sassuolo, was last year for Torino, the one before for Inter, etc.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
They also were missing Berardi for like half of the season.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Parma won today on penalties and are through to the Lega Pro promotion playoff final

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Parma won today on penalties and are through to the Lega Pro promotion playoff final

Hell yeah

trem_two posted:

They also were missing Berardi for like half of the season.

Yeah but when wasn't that the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

Nope, I'm a born Juve plastic. Grew up watching Juve, pissed my Inter fan of a dad off for it, etc etc.

I feel like I agree with a lot of people in that I'm not really sure what to think. I don't quite if they really even needed to make this move.

• Locked thread