Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Ooooof. I thought I was done caring about celebrity deaths but this one knocked the wind out of me.

Pancreatic cancer is a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

FreudianSlippers posted:

A number of British journalists weren't allowed into the White House because the Secret Service didn't understand the dd/mm/yyyy dating system and thought their IDs had to be fake or something.

There is no way this is true holy crap

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FishBulb posted:

There is no way this is true holy crap

CNN ran it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I mean more like they totally knew but wanted to gently caress with some journalists

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
We don't take kindly to metrics in these parts.

Timby posted:

The Mirror and Daily Mail are reporting that John Hurt is dead.

The War Doctor, noooo!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
[wisely, softly] Dark Archie rules

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That has to be it. I can't imagine working in the Secret loving Service and not knowing something as basic as the fact that different countries write dates differently.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I thought gay guys loved camp.

Camp isn't just a row a tents.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

That has to be it. I can't imagine working in the Secret loving Service and not knowing something as basic as the fact that different countries write dates differently.

Remember a few years back, when there was a huge scandal because secret service agents decided they didn't need to pay some prostitutes? And it was this big global scandal over what amounted to like 90 us dollars?

Secret service agents aren't the smartest.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Snak posted:

Remember a few years back, when there was a huge scandal because secret service agents decided they didn't need to pay some prostitutes? And it was this big global scandal over what amounted to like 90 us dollars?

Secret service agents aren't the smartest.

They'd have to be pretty loving stupid to take a bullet for Orange Yelling Rape Man.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Timby posted:

The Mirror and Daily Mail are reporting that John Hurt is dead.

Jesus Christ, this one's hitting me hard. Goddamn.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
That loving blows. He is like the best part of the Crystal Skull.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Jenny Angel posted:

Ayup.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

[to the tune of John Cena's entrance music] Dark Archie owns... Dark Archie owns! Dark Archie owns... Dark Archie owns

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcbvdgSyMTg

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It was delightful to hear names like "Geraldine Grundy" and "Dilton Doiley" said in a semi-serious manner.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I thought it was going to be a few weeks behind, but Dark Archie is already on Netflix.

I'm in.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yo, finally caught up with Free State of Jones, and while it's not the most lavish film in the world or anything, it's pretty drat decent. A real blood-boiler.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Youtube of the Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-omxXE9oTaA

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I keep thinking of that post where someone asked SMG if it was acceptable to surgically turn dogs into women and have sex with them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I keep thinking of that post where someone asked SMG if it was acceptable to surgically turn dogs into women and have sex with them.

That is oddly relevant to Kuso

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jenny Angel posted:

loving christ, I was gonna watch it tonight with a glass of whiskey but have drank too much already for to have a coherent opinion on it. I'll watch it tomorrow afternoon with said glass of whiskey and report back my opinions.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

What?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Ah, the old Air Bud defense

somehow it was about star wars i think, pretty sure it was in the star wars thread at least but good luck lookin thru that bad-post haystack

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Wasn't that after he was basically "Sonic eats chili dogs as a presexual fetish"?

Speaking of which, Hbomberguy has a new video up about reactions to Mario Odyssey, and I wouldn't want to say that SMG clearly inspired a segment about Sonic and chili dogs, but I did see that, and hear Hbomberguy talking about it, and wonder how often that dude still posts/lurks.

Gonna post it cause it's legit like you know it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_IT0C7bm2s

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I haven't really been updating the thread with my personal poo poo but update:

Still having a kid, but the kid's breech right now. They tried what's called version today which literally involves smooshing up the belly to try to force the kid to flip, but it didn't work, so we had to schedule a c-section. So next Friday I'm gonna be a dad.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Still having a kid, but the kid's breech right now. They tried what's called version today which literally involves smooshing up the belly to try to force the kid to flip, but it didn't work, so we had to schedule a c-section. So next Friday I'm gonna be a dad.

Congrats on having a kid that will be able to murder MacBeth!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Baron von Eevl posted:

Congrats! We had the exact same problem and process with our kid. That version thing was incredibly weird and Cronenbergian to watch.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i think logically the "version" thing will mean that ur kid will always land on their feet

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I mean, I'd be reluctant to come out, too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was mixed on Dark Archie right after watching it but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

MisterBibs posted:

I actually am I interested in that, but it wasn't what I was thinking of.

It's a movie called Growing Up Smith, a coming-of-age story about an Indian boy dealing with wanting to be an average American, with a father that is both supportive and wants him to be an average Indian.

I'm not sure why I'm so interested in it - Jason Lee is in it, and I haven't seen him in poo poo in a long time, plus the film ain't exactly my wheelhouse in general - but I caught an ad for it, and had the time off from work, so bought tickets.

It wasn't until I made a random comment to the ticket-tearer about seeing a movie so obscure that they didn't change the signage in that theater that we realized something was up.

It probably won't make poo poo so why bother seeing it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I can't take the space between us seriously because I just in general can't take movies that play it straight but have pun titles seriously. See also Miles Ahead and Land of Mine.

Hidden Figures is an extreme eye roller.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Miles Ahead is acceptable because it's the title of one of his albums and he used to do puns like that all the time (see also: Miles in the Sky)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Watched The Commitments for the first time tonight.

That ... is an odd movie.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Hidden Figures is an extreme eye roller.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

Watched The Commitments for the first time tonight.

That ... is an odd movie.

The Commitments loving rules, I almost rewatched it tonight

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hat Thoughts posted:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Right?

K. Waste posted:

Wasn't that after he was basically "Sonic eats chili dogs as a presexual fetish"?

Speaking of which, Hbomberguy has a new video up about reactions to Mario Odyssey, and I wouldn't want to say that SMG clearly inspired a segment about Sonic and chili dogs, but I did see that, and hear Hbomberguy talking about it, and wonder how often that dude still posts/lurks.

Gonna post it cause it's legit like you know it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_IT0C7bm2s

The cake stuff is viscerally gross and I really like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Nobody seems to be talking about it, but Jackie is a really, really good movie, even if it has to transcend a slightly mawkish script.

• Locked thread