Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I've yet to see anyone actually say anything negative about what GerryT is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

fadam posted:

Yeah, I've yet to see anyone actually say anything negative about what GerryT is doing.

His original tweet had a bunch of dumbasses upset at Gerry supporting such a "repulsive organization" as Planned Parenthood or whining about how many babies PP killed. Magic players have some pretty bad apples! GerryT is not a bad apple, Gerry Thompson is a good egg.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Yeah in my local community everyone is very supportive and positive as well

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sickening posted:

Its just another of a long list of powerful decks. MTG goldfish meta page is funny for modern because when you click "see more" you will see at least a dozen more decks that could and will win a big modern tournament in the coming months. Modern is the best.

my local store has started posting the top decks on facebook after their weekly modern night. it owns because you see the meta stuff like eldrazi and scapeshift but they place next to tezzerator and warp world elves. ill try and post tonight's here

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Sickening posted:

Seriously, if any of you have shadowmoor common bulk lying around and aren't looking for devoted druid copies you are doing yourself a disservice. That card is going to continue to spike come modern season. I expect the lows to be well over 10 bucks before gp vegas. By modern pptq season, who knows what it will be at.

Still pretty stoked that I got my copies at like $0.25 each

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Hellsau posted:

His original tweet had a bunch of dumbasses upset at Gerry supporting such a "repulsive organization" as Planned Parenthood or whining about how many babies PP killed. Magic players have some pretty bad apples! GerryT is not a bad apple, Gerry Thompson is a good egg.

There are a lot of people who engage in professional outrage who likely found the tweets by searching for "Planned Parenthood." It's really hard to split between the true believers who believe they're fighting the good fight, think tank shills, and genuine trolls.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTG-PTAKH-Winner-Auctions-for-Planned-Parenthood-The-Trophy-/252951152805?hash=item3ae51048a5:g:ccIAAOSwfpVZIiOK

Doesn't seem to be affecting the bidding 3.5k holy poo poo!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hellsau posted:

You had to look pretty hard to see those...

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Gustav posted:

Have there been any significant upgrades to the list that I don't know about? I've been playing mine mostly unchanged and performing very mediocre lately (2-2 and 1-1-2). Not fast enough to stand a chance against Marvel, and having a much harder time stabilizing against green gods, glorybringers and black zombies.

There have been two paths that the deck has taken recently. 1) add 4x of the 2 mana 4/3 discard a card Minotaur to make the deck more aggressive. I'm not a huge fan of this as it turns on your opponents removal.

2) main deck reduce//rubble and play tempo games, and add a wretched gryff to the main for additional kozileks return flashback.

I haven't faced Jund gods yet but I've beaten marvel before and after sideboarding pretty regularly, haven't lost to either flavor of zombies yet, and I have lightning axe for glorybringers.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'd love to see a modern tezzerator list with whir and artifacts that aren't ruined by stony

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Molybdenum posted:

I'd love to see a modern tezzerator list with whir and artifacts that aren't ruined by stony

tha guys active on reddit/mtgsalvation, ill try to scrape up his list later

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/866790014717497345

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/866813648249008128

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Hmm slow MTG news day, let's see what noted MTG journalist blogger and Twitch streamer David Leavitt has been up to lately:

https://twitter.com/David_Leavitt/status/866790014717497345

nooooooo

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 23, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

referring to that guy as a journalist is awfully generous

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Welp just lost two games in a row with Jar to Academy in the Gauntlet leagues because MTGO straight up does not let you stack your own triggers. After the first game, when I had the second game won if the triggers stack correctly, I right clicked and clicked "turn off auto yields," pressed F3 a bunch of times, and then clicked "OK" until the end step and sure enough it put both Memory Jar triggers immediately on the stack without giving me the option.

I guess I needed to play a Necropotence and activate it once so that it'd allow me to stack the stupid Jar triggers at end of turn.

welp the immediate next game was a turn 1 win against MBC so thanks MTGO, maybe I'll get my entry fee comped back and with a 2-1 make more play points than if I had 3-0ed.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

A game store could do very well for themselves publicly in his area by banning him from their shops.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

most people are already loving tired of that guy i'd be surprised if you could drudge up some business by dunking on him even with his current event stupidity

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

And LSV still makes it funny.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I don't know who that is but lol LSV is right going by my 5 seconds of looking at his twitter

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Came here to post about him

The entirety of twitter is dunking on him and I couldn't be happier. He's probably top-five best-known magic players now, too, which shows how insular our community really is

I hate that idiot. Spend less on buying followers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

famous mtg players

david leavitt, huge piece of poo poo moron
jon finkel, weird guy written about in dating article
jason alexander, nude painting george costanza
dave williams, poker pro
eric froehlic, poker pro

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

The entirety of twitter is dunking on him and I couldn't be happier. He's probably top-five best-known magic players now, too, which shows how insular our community really is

I started thinking about who the five best-known Magic players would be (besides people known for other things who happen to also play Magic), realized the buttcrack guy would probably be one of them, and stopped.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
buttcrack guy did nothing wrong

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

Preach.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

actually buttcrack guys crime, like many others, is that he wasn't actually funny so his joke just ended up being kind of lovely

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

kingcobweb posted:

Literally never heard of Leavitt and have been reading daily about this dumb game since KTK came out. Is he before my time or am I just unobservant?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

mandatory lesbian posted:

I don't know who that is but lol LSV is right going by my 5 seconds of looking at his twitter
And NOW I learn there was an actual bombing at a concert, WOW that leavitt guy is a sack of poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ShaneB posted:

Literally never heard of Leavitt and have been reading daily about this dumb game since KTK came out. Is he before my time or am I just unobservant?

hes from way before KTK but also you probably wouldnt know about him if you weren't active on social media at all, like twitter

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ShaneB posted:

His claim to fame before this was his twitch stream which had an interesting angle to get viewers. He would loop a pre-recorded stream with headline promises of giveaways until twitch shut it down. He never got many viewers. He once did a giveaway for hotpockets that he said he would mail to someone.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ufc fighter josh barnett is probably up there

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

gif Probst posted:

Same with Cassius Marsh.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ThePeavstenator posted:

Telling people to fix their pants = good

Posting images of those people on social media =\= good

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

gif Probst posted:

Chris Kluwe and Adrian Peterson?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

OgreNoah posted:

Chris Kluwe and Adrian Peterson?

they're now much more famous for other tertiary non football things so mtg has taken a back seat

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

His claim to fame before this was his twitch stream which had an interesting angle to get viewers. He would loop a pre-recorded stream with headline promises of giveaways until twitch shut it down. He never got many viewers. He once did a giveaway for hotpockets that he said he would mail to someone.

Also he went into other more popular streams and tried to draw people away from them into his own until he got banned by everyone else and then people spammed his channel with hot pockets jokes and he went on a banning rampage. His stream was terrible, he's thin skinned, has an awful nasally voice to listen to, and he's actually bad at magic. I forgot about him until now.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

kingcobweb posted:

What the hell are you basing this on?

No one pays attention to him outside the few times someone spreads a dumb thing the pathetic loser said.

His streams were so sad I almost felt a little sorry for the guy for not being a bit more self aware, until I realized he was also a piece of poo poo.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
If you ever tweet about Magic at all even slightly, odds are he's found your account by keyword searching and followed you to try to get you to follow back, probably multiple times.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kingcobweb posted:

I had no idea who he was until today...

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

https://twitter.com/bazardebagda/status/866843805370241024

Magic Online is a quality program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Finally Phrexian Unlife works how it should have!