Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Aardvark! posted:

what the gently caress should i order from the cocksucking piece of poo poo indian restaurant tonight

some mother loving garlic naan OF COURSE however WHAT 2 DISHES TO EAT OVER THE NEXT PISS DAYS OF rear end?

Saag aloo

Get some onion bhaji and samosa too

Also, roti if they have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Aardvark! posted:

what the gently caress should i order from the cocksucking piece of poo poo indian restaurant tonight

some mother loving garlic naan OF COURSE however WHAT 2 DISHES TO EAT OVER THE NEXT PISS DAYS OF rear end?

I'm a big fan of vindaloo and tikki masala dishes.

Also get a mango lassi with it, that's a real treat. If they don't make a good mango lassi, then they ain't a good Indian restaurant.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

If you're getting one normal-ish curry, get another one that's kind of sour, as contrast.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

I respect your deeply felt mythology purism, but I'm afraid the simple fact is that times change! You can't expect the concept of snake monsters to stay static over 2000 years. This is the nature of progress. And now lamia have entered their popular phase!

Counterpoint:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Ratjaculation posted:

Saag aloo

Get some onion bhaji and samosa too

Also, roti if they have it.

i havent ever really had any indian potato main courses :thunk:

however I did have the best cold potato salad I've ever had in my life at an indian buffet once (never seen again rip)

Might try the Saag Aloo.

Brutal Garcon posted:

If you're getting one normal-ish curry, get another one that's kind of sour, as contrast.

what would you classify as a sour curry. what are my categories here

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

what would you classify as a sour curry. what are my categories here
Like an achari or something. Or anything with a lot of amchur.

...post the menu

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Brutal Garcon posted:

Counterpoint:

Pizza medusa :vince:

I'm unclear what the counterpoint is but it's a nice drawing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Brutal Garcon posted:

Like an achari or something. Or anything with a lot of amchur.

...post the menu

here's all the relevant stuff. there are lamb/seafood sections that are basically identical to the chicken one

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

here's all the relevant stuff. there are lamb/seafood sections that are basically identical to the chicken one

Lamb biryani is amazing if done nicely, but terrible if done poorly. How confident are you in this place?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I always thought it was silly that games use "Medusa" as a term for a monster. It's a proper name, she's a Gorgon. You shouldn't encounter a Medusa, you should encounter a Gorgon.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Lamb biryani is amazing if done nicely, but terrible if done poorly. How confident are you in this place?

I probably won't get a Biryani here, I know a place with fantastic Biryani. This place has good reviews and it's one of the last nearby I haven't tried yet (there are a LOT around me)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Also I adore both chicken and lamb biryani and they are a frequent choice of mine at Indian restaurants.

edit: jira aloo and aloo gobi are also wonderful

William Henry Hairytaint fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 29, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
biryani is really good. but im in a goopy food mood. ya fig?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Korma or Pasanda then

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The ever helpful Indian takeaway menu. "Marinated [meat] cooked with ground spices and mixed vegetables", as if that's not a description of 90% of the menu.

Uhh... get a vindaloo and whichever of the jalfrezi and the madras you fancy.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

always gotta get some pork vindaloo

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I could go for some Malai Kofta, drat

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I always thought it was silly that games use "Medusa" as a term for a monster. It's a proper name, she's a Gorgon. You shouldn't encounter a Medusa, you should encounter a Gorgon.

:v: "I roll to attack the Gorgon"
:eng101: "She isn't Medusa, and so she's immortal. The Gorgon takes 0 damage."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

get a medium egg curry, and then something with meat

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

get a medium egg curry, and then something with meat

I've been eyeing that egg curry ngl. I had it once at a buffet and it was really good but the idea of ordering an entire dish of hard boiled egg curry is off-putting for some reason

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

plate of hot

wet

eggs

e: where the hell spells "chicken tikka" as "chicken ticca". this information could be used to dox you op

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

e: where the hell spells "chicken tikka" as "chicken ticca". this information could be used to dox you op

"Lives within conceivable service range of a restaurant" is a pretty weak rear end doxx.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thats not even the real restaurant, i spent several years and several $$$ setting up a fake restaurant with an identical menu so i could post it in this thread safely

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Sure, Muk Dumpster just owned me a little, but you know he's doing find/replace Medusa/Gorgon in his campaign materials at this very moment

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sure, Muk Dumpster just owned me a little, but you know he's doing find/replace Medusa/Gorgon in his campaign materials at this very moment

Could you imagine the embarrassment if his players called him out for improper snake monster terminology?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It'd be shameful but it's never too late to correct one's ways and lead a proper life.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
egg curry + lamb vindaloo + garlic naan + roti :letsfuckinggo:

E: oops I got jalfrezi instead of vindaloo :doh:

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 29, 2021

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Good stuff. How hot do you order your food?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Sounds like a good meal

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

For a clown to eat

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

At the circus

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cooked, generally

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Idiot

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

This place is supposedly pretty spicy so I went medium on the jalfrezi and hot on the egg curry. Really depends on the restaurant though, the difference in two restaurants' "hot" can be profound

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Let's bet on the timing of Aardvarks spicy dump

I'm going for tomorrow at 3pm.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I bet he's a late morning shitter, 9:30-11:30 AM

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It can depend on who's in the kitchen too. I'm an Indian hot/Thai hot person most of the time but I ordered Thai hot at my usual place once and either they had a new chef or someone in the back decided it was the right night to put a hurtin' on whitey cuz it was like taking a bite of hell. Other tables were talking about it too.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm gonna go outré and suggest it's a 4am oh-gently caress moment. he is after all eating a lot of eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Let's bet on the timing of Aardvarks spicy dump

I've almost never had this happen to me for some reason. I guess my stomach acids eat it all or something. It's probably one of the reasons I can do really hot food, cuz the couple times it has happened it was agony and if it was a regular thing I'd never eat super spicy.