Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Alan Smithee posted:

can we make a University of Dick Sucking and give honorary degrees to Hitler and Ye

That wouldn’t be fair to your mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Remulak posted:

That wouldn’t be fair to your mom.

or yours bitch

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Alan Smithee posted:

can we make a University of Dick Sucking and give honorary degrees to Hitler and Ye

I would let neither Hitler nor Yedolf suck my dick, and I have very low standards

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you're no Three Olives and yet

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Alan Smithee posted:

I'm the headmistress and we don't anyone a degree 'til they pass the oral exam. No free rides, unless it's reverse cowgirl.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Honourary degree in fishdichthyology

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Buschmaki posted:

I dont see how that's related to saying that he was at one point a good artist or accepting that he exists and is able to exert influence on the world. I think just pretending he doesnt exist would be more dangerous than acknowledging he does.

It's cool to damnatio memorae nazis and ruin their cultural clout while they're in the middle of using said clout to encourage stochastic terrorism. This is a dead and gay forum so I think funnily enough that is one of the few places where it's okay to academically quibble about the merits of a black narcissistic nazi, but irl people need to drop everything kanye and not hand it to him.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont think saying irl, Kanye West has made good songs but is a nazi, is platforming him or tacitly supporting stochastic terrorism

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I'm reminded of all the people who still acknowledge everything bad chris brown did while also talking good about his music and sustaining enough hype about him that concerts are still regularly booked.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

olives black posted:

I would let neither Hitler nor Yedolf suck my dick, and I have very low standards

Well uh.... from your AV and red text I'd imagine you'd be all over Lenin slobbing your knob.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I do not listen to Kanye West or Chris Brown anymore and don't have any culpability if someone else does

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

Steal everything you can off the internet. That way you never have to worry about giving money to awful people. :grin:

:hmmyes:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well uh.... from your AV and red text I'd imagine you'd be all over Lenin slobbing your knob.

twould be an honor

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Ye has always sucked and he's pretentious as poo poo. For eva eva.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
At this point the only place it's valid to discuss Ye's work is in a History of Rock & Roll course, and even then I'd be very careful about it. When I took such a course in 2008, unsurprisingly we didn't really touch on the awful poo poo said and done by people like Chuck Berry or Eric Clapton or Michael Jackson (although the latter was pretty public news especially to our age cohort probably due to South Park), it was much to my horror later on that I'd found this out. I would hope that by the standards of any institution of learning, in 2022 we're better than ignoring such stains.

Anyone brings it up outside that very specific academic context, and I'm shutting them the gently caress down right away. You know you're talking about a nazi, right?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
I'm very confused by the way public opinion changed on Michael Jackson. When he was alive, we all knew he was a pedophile, and no one cared, people would play his music, talk about separating the art from the artist etc. And now that he's dead it seems like no one plays his music.

That seems so backwards to me, when he was alive I didn't want to listen to his music, because of the pedophilia, but now that he's dead, who cares? It's good music and he can't hurt anyone now.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mister Speaker posted:

At this point the only place it's valid to discuss Ye's work is in a History of Rock & Roll course, and even then I'd be very careful about it. When I took such a course in 2008, unsurprisingly we didn't really touch on the awful poo poo said and done by people like Chuck Berry or Eric Clapton or Michael Jackson (although the latter was pretty public news especially to our age cohort probably due to South Park), it was much to my horror later on that I'd found this out. I would hope that by the standards of any institution of learning, in 2022 we're better than ignoring such stains.

Anyone brings it up outside that very specific academic context, and I'm shutting them the gently caress down right away. You know you're talking about a nazi, right?

He isnt a rock and roller, he's a rapper...

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Mister Speaker posted:

You're rapidly approaching the point of most people throwing out half of their record collections with this approach. Lots of really talented/successful artists are huge pieces of poo poo.

Just acknowledge their shittiness and refrain from giving them any more money imo. No one is going to memory-hole art that they have a deep decades-long emotional connection to unless they're trying to earn Discord/Tumblr cred.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So what's this threads opinion on the Charles Manson's Beach Boys song? Are we meant to not listen to it because of Manson's horrible ideology and actions, or because it sucks?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

olives black posted:

You're rapidly approaching the point of most people throwing out half of their record collections with this approach. Lots of really talented/successful artists are huge pieces of poo poo.

Just acknowledge their shittiness and refrain from giving them any more money imo. No one is going to memory-hole art that they have a deep decades-long emotional connection to.

I still don't know if I'm allowed to listen to Michael Jackson anymore!

I have to admit I did mentally blacklist Oasis after I saw a few interviews with them and just couldn't separate that from the music, but that's probably because Oasis already sucks.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Idk how Kanye is bad he diversified the white power movement

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I threw out the music I made because I know for a fact that chick is a piece of poo poo.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

olives black posted:

You're rapidly approaching the point of most people throwing out half of their record collections with this approach.

Lol no. Nobody is saying we should burn all of our Ye records. I deleted mine because I don't listen to them anymore and refuse to take song requests for a nazi if I'm spinning a party. Do whatever you want in private, but if you're still out here waxing nostalgic about hIs InFlUeNcE I'm going to call you out on it. And it hasn't happened yet, but if I'm at a party and I hear the DJ spinning that poo poo, they're getting one of these:

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 10, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I entirely blocked Kanye music from the office/warehouse. And I don't mean I sent an angry boomer email about "NO KANYE" I just downvoted every song until it never played again on all of the HEOS zones.

Dude is really tragic. Really really loving tragic downfall. He's always been wild but this is a seriously damaged person, the likes of which in certain conditions can create a Nazi.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

god please help me posted:

I'm reminded of all the people who still acknowledge everything bad chris brown did while also talking good about his music and sustaining enough hype about him that concerts are still regularly booked.
This was the warning leading up to Kanye. Except I can't think of one single outspoken Chris Brown fan or supporter who denounced his actions for being a vicious violent serial abuser. I still literally cannot land on the hip hop station in my city for more than fifteen minutes without hearing Chris Brown, so I don't listen to them. It's societally loving disgusting and Chris Brown fans are garbage people.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Jelly posted:

I still don't know if I'm allowed to listen to Michael Jackson anymore!

I have to admit I did mentally blacklist Oasis after I saw a few interviews with them and just couldn't separate that from the music, but that's probably because Oasis already sucks.

Isn’t Oasis being a group of the worst people of all time almost all of their appeal?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Jelly posted:

This was the warning leading up to Kanye. Except I can't think of one single outspoken Chris Brown fan or supporter who denounced his actions for being a vicious violent serial abuser.

Yeah now that you mention it, I got this impression from a lot of people too. Some were even going so far as to say the abuse stories were fabricated. It's a loving shame there are still enough of them that he can still book shows anywhere, gently caress him.

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
Chris brown supporters have to be prompted about their support, otherwise it's all gushing praise.

The only reason they're not denying that he did commit domestic abuse is the reason that it's socially acknowledged that he did. Just that little social decorum. It's why I'm very cautious that kanye is going to get away with his actions if people keep falling head over heel to keep talking about his latest hate music instead of letting it die quietly.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Buschmaki posted:

Trick question: No one on Earth has possibly enjoyed a Burzum album.

I've enjoyed Burzum albums!

I don't really listen to even the ones I like anymore even though I torrented them all, though, bc there's a whole bunch of cool music I haven't listened to yet that's not made by nazis. We live in an age of musical abundance never imagined by prior generations :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger was the wedding song that I danced to with my ex-wife with for the first time. That was 2008. I didn't know they were assholes though because I never followed that. It was just a song we both loved when we were younger.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

woke kaczynski posted:

I've enjoyed Burzum albums!

I don't really listen to even the ones I like anymore even though I torrented them all, though, bc there's a whole bunch of cool music I haven't listened to yet that's not made by nazis. We live in an age of musical abundance never imagined by prior generations :)

His albums pre-prison are quite enjoyable because afaik he's just wailing about being an unfuckable D&D nerd

From Fallen onwards he's a fully mask off Nazi in his lyrics so no thanks to that

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger was the wedding song that I danced to with my ex-wife with for the first time. That was 2008. I didn't know they were assholes though because I never followed that. It was just a song we both loved when we were younger.
Hey as long as you aren't angry about it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Ok now for the real important question:

Is it still ok to have a Shmorky av in the forums?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dave Wyndorf is pure.
https://youtu.be/aKj5cJ9_KSg

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

olives black posted:

I would let ye suck my dick, ironically

Hunter Biden
Feb 24, 2022

Hunter Biden fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 10, 2022

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Edit: wrong thread

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Please everyone, let's calm down; it's the holidYes

Also, why do we still call them records anyway

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
People started buying records again, so it's not even wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Kevin Spacy films from the 90s, yes or no?