Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I hope this dude for a raise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That is a VICIOUS elbow-strike.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
As a security guard myself: he probably got written up if not outright fired for that. :sigh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

As a security guard myself: he probably got written up if not outright fired for that. :sigh:

I'm sincerely curious, why? Dude had a gun literally pointed at his chest. If there's any reason to start throwing your mass around, it's that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Wait, aren't you deaf?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I'm sincerely curious, why? Dude had a gun literally pointed at his chest. If there's any reason to start throwing your mass around, it's that.
For the same reason loss prevention at big box stores aren't (in most places) actually allowed to stop thieves; if you do anything that could get the company in legal hot water for any reason, self defense or no, that's a firin'. 'Murica!

chitoryu12 posted:

Wait, aren't you deaf?
Yes :v: I work at a freight yard, though, my job is much more visual than auditory.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Did the gun fire? Or is that sweat/spit flying off the dude's face as the elbow caves his jaw in?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

For the same reason loss prevention at big box stores aren't (in most places) actually allowed to stop thieves; if you do anything that could get the company in legal hot water for any reason, self defense or no, that's a firin'. 'Murica!

Yes :v: I work at a freight yard, though, my job is much more visual than auditory.

I hope none of the trucks sneak up on you.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

I have a cochlear implant, it's not like I'm 100% unaware of my surroundings :v: plus them trucks are some loud fuckers; even if the implant couldn't pick them up, they vibrate the floor.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Being a bouncer and being big box loss prevention are worlds apart in terms of what you can get away with/expected to do.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I train at a place with guys that work security so i've talked about that kind of stuff a bit with them and there is no way that guy would get fired for tackling a dude that was one foot away from him and was in the process of pointing a gun towards customers.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'd like to believe that, I really would, but I've seen too many of these kinds of stories where the employer goes "Great job! Now get out."

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Did the gun fire? Or is that sweat/spit flying off the dude's face as the elbow caves his jaw in?

Yeah I think the gun fires. Right when it looks like it does, the third dude in the gif just dips the gently caress out as if a shot had been fired.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

you don't need to hear good when 75% of your job is letting prostitutes in through a hole in the fence.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/G1APxZY.mp4

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Goddamn, someone give this guy a medal.

Goddamn, someone give this van driver a medal.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
That dude got really hosed up and I think dead now?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grem posted:

Yeah, think he ended killing himself later.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
his shoes didnt come off im sure hes fine

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Slugnoid posted:

you don't need to hear good when 75% of your job is letting prostitutes in through a hole in the fence.

Alas, the yard is literally right next to the local sheriff's office and my shifts are weekend overnight when we're closed. No prostitutes to liven things up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Grem posted:

Yup

quote:

The guy in the video is Colin Winkleman, a professional BMX rider who once set a Guinness World Record by jumping over 13 Ford Explorers on a bike. In 2004, fellow rider/daredevil Travis Pastrana apparently held a contest at his house to see who could film the craziest jump. Colin's attempt was to ride up a ramp attached to the front of a van that was moving toward him. He hit the ramp too fast and ended up falling nearly 20 feet on to the pavement.

Even at the time it probably seemed like a comically stupid failed stunt, but what no one would know—including Michelle Beadle and Marcellus Wiley or most of the YouTube viewers who have passed the clip around—is that the crash would destroy Winkleman's life. He reportedly broke and dislocated both his ankles, broke his wrist, one of his lower legs, and cracked a vertebra in his neck. After a year of rehabilitation, he was still unable to ride competively or even walk without a limp. The resulting depression over the loss of his craft apparently led Winkleman to commit suicide in August 2005.
http://deadspin.com/5463552/sportsnation-unaware-that-weird-web-story-had-tragic-ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gANYHqnb8

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/xbCC0981LdF25kD/status/884747826382725120

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Being a bouncer and being big box loss prevention are worlds apart in terms of what you can get away with/expected to do.

Also he’s a bouncer at night club so posh it doesn’t have a front door. No one cares about risk or lawsuits. He probably lets in as many lot lizards as Malachite_Dragon.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

That is a VICIOUS elbow-strike.

He moves so quickly on his feet for a big lad.

Anyway I watch so many of these fail videos I forget what it's actually supposed to look like when you pull it off. The guy flipping off the roof near the start is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwHMaARgWX8

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just wanted to say that I've slowly read this thread over the last few months, and have just barely reached the 9th of november, when Trump was voted president.

I am not in any way a trump supporter, I don't even live in america, but the utter smugness of this thread about Trump leading up to his election was a joy to read, knowing what happened.

The biggest schadenfreude I got came from the schadenfreude thread itself, so I thank you all.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mak0rz posted:

Yup, twice

PostNouveau posted:

Goddamn, someone give this guy a medal.

http://www.twincities.com/2014/03/09/when-hero-bouncer-saw-gunman-enter-st-paul-bar-i-didnt-have-time-to-get-excited/

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

He doesn't look fired at *all*.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I hate to admit that I laughed at this.

Same. Partly due to the surprise of it just coming out of left field two posts later.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

I just wanted to say that I've slowly read this thread over the last few months, and have just barely reached the 9th of november, when rich rear end in a top hat was voted president.

I am not in any way a trump supporter, I don't even live in america, but the utter smugness of this thread about rich rear end in a top hat leading up to his election was a joy to read, knowing what happened.

The biggest schadenfreude I got came from the schadenfreude thread itself, so I thank you all.

please dont remind us we tried to stay quiet to avoid people like you laughing at us

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'd like to believe that, I really would, but I've seen too many of these kinds of stories where the employer goes "Great job! Now get out."

It's really obvious here that you've never been a bouncer cause It's nothing like loss prevention/lot guarding. Someone at some point is going to do something stupid or violent because you're mixing stupid people and alcohol, the fact that you'll have to intervene on that is literally why you have the job at all.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

They are linked. Whatever happens to the batter is instead felt by the pitcher. Its called "The pitcher of Dorian Grey".

I'm late, but thanks.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well, hopefully if it gets deleted, it'll keep some dumb kid from doing it and loving themselves up.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Focusing on the video for a bit, a lot of schaden here: Colin's last name is misspelled, he openly talks about dropping out of school and specifically notes that he flunked physics. Which must be the greatest ad for staying in school ever created.

But seriously, didn't he think that maybe he would want to replace the ramp on the front of the van? That thing is steep: by the time you're popped into the air the van would be down the street and you would need some way down. That's not even daring, that's just asking for misery. Which apparently he got by the bucketload, unfortunately.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Focusing on the video for a bit, a lot of schaden here: Colin's last name is misspelled, he openly talks about dropping out of school and specifically notes that he flunked physics. Which must be the greatest ad for staying in school ever created.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54g9sj

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Tanith posted:

Pangs of shame aren't normally localized to the right ankle, what's the deal with the pitcher in this one?

Serious answer: Jason Marquis had been hit in the leg by a ball in play in the previous inning, and the stress of continuing to pitch turned it into a fracture. He was out for the rest of the season.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/TakedownMRAs/status/891519136349659136

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

This just makes me wonder how it works when that trick is successful. Like, how do you push off without it flying backwards, as physics demands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

MisterBibs posted:

This just makes me wonder how it works when that trick is successful. Like, how do you push off without it flying backwards, as physics demands?

You jump straight up because the platform underneath you is also moving forward.

You also need to be going fast enough to clear the obstacle which this person definitely was not doing.