Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a really lovely world from beginning to end, kinda like botw where i just enjoyed exploring for the heck of it to see the new zones, what gross monsters they stuck in them and how foggy+trill the nearest water formation would be. I liked the characters and story too but your interest in that is gonna vary person to person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

youd be a god drat fuckin moron not to buy it

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

if buying one Nintendo game is good then buying three is better, so I got Metroid Dread and TotK while I was at it. I have no time for any of this.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

if buying one Nintendo game is good then buying three is better, so I got Metroid Dread and TotK while I was at it. I have no time for any of this.

they wont be any cheaper later

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

nice work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

they wont be any cheaper later

At the current rate of inflation if you wait 25 years they'll basically be free.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

Dread is a nice tight 8 hours so it's a good palette cleanser

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Dread has a great sense of progression. You go from feeling weak and helpless to being a hyper mobile death machine in 8 hours. Fantastic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

buy it and play it. or else.

I haven’t but I’ll have to side with this.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i managed to setup a randomizer for dread and it's pretty cool but the game has a million little places you can enter and not leave without reloading a checkpoint or (sometimes) taking a really long path when you don't have all the expected items for an area

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

If I can only afford one game right now should I get Metroid Dread, P5R, XC3, or MH Rise?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid is like 5 hours and the other three are like 150. Rise is my favorite game of that group but you prolly can't go wrong.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Honestly a tight 5 is kind of tempting after what Tears did to my free time and I still have a lot of Octopath 2 to work through for my Jrpg fix. But maybe I just replay Super and Fusion. If only they had Zero Mission on Expansion

Rise is a good first MH ya? I’ve played MH but not played through MH

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Poppers posted:

If I can only afford one game right now should I get Metroid Dread, P5R, XC3, or MH Rise?

How about you get my balls in your mouth. Buy all of them and take out a loan.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

In this economy? When student loan payments are about to start again? Actually gently caress you

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'll get the balls if that's still an option

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

I’ll have what he’s having!

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
when the other people in the threesome are into each other way more than you

b_d posted:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

b_d posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I suggest Metroid Dread.

...but is it art?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

metroid dread is sick but even 100%ing it on the hard difficulty will not take you very long. maybe i'll replay that this year

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Metroid dread is probably the smoothest controlling game I have ever played. The only real downside is the soundtrack.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Dread is the Sekiro of metroid

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The truth is that short games are fuckin awesome.

...but is it art?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

dread randomizers can be cool too if you hack your poo poo. of course it's easier and free to do that with an emulator

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

Metroid dread is probably the smoothest controlling game I have ever played. The only real downside is the soundtrack.

Yup. I'd say it has a lot of boring enemies too but honestly so do a lot of Metroid games

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the regular enemies in metroid dont need to be exciting thats not what metroid is about

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yup. I'd say it has a lot of boring enemies too but honestly so do a lot of Metroid games

It has probably the best boss fights in a 2D Metroid though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It has probably the best boss fights in a 2D Metroid though

Absolutely, more than make up for it and the EMMIs are pretty cool as well

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah and running around and hitting guys and shooting them feels pretty good edit and the game is fun too lol ^_^

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

b_d posted:

yeah and running around and hitting guys and shooting them feels pretty good edit and the game is fun too lol ^_^

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

b_d posted:

:freakout:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Lot of good arguments for Metroid…..

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

the regular enemies in metroid dont need to be exciting thats not what metroid is about

what did i just loving say

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

Dread is the Sekiro of metroid

:hai:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Pikmin 4

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!