Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And to keep on the movie theme, a longer trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksYkEzUa7k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
On Black Friday, they are putting the entirety of The Lego Movie as an 'ad' before the sequel trailer on YouTube

quote:

So if you search for “Brick Friday” or “LEGO Movie 2” on YouTube, you’ll see a promoted video from Warner Bros. with the new trailer for “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.” If you click on the video, you’ll also have the option to watch “The Lego Movie” in its entirety, ad-free (as the movie itself is the ad).

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Now THAT is a Friends set that I can get behind.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Goddamn that is all so good

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

Pretty sure the LEGO Movie 2 is a sneaky way of getting people to be OK with the Friends style minifig.

Totally cool with that, they actually look pretty good. Shame they have so little articulation, which is kind of weird given they're meant to be more doll-like.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm hoping for some bigger, awesome sets from TLM2. But those look neat, too!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Feenix posted:

I'm hoping for some bigger, awesome sets from TLM2. But those look neat, too!
The four other sets are probably larger sets if I had to guess since there aren't any massive ones in this release

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Oh gently caress me, I'm going to be buying like 12 of that. I bought 6 Exo-Suits to get a dozen green classic space figs.

Also, I notice Emmet's Dream House has Unikitty with the spiky tail, AFAIK, the only other set besides the SDCC exclusive to have it. Finally be able to build both expressions from the exclusive!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hell yeah. I'll definitely be buying a few of that set as well. Also really want that Mad Max looking car. 49.99 is actually less than I was expecting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
BSS is going to sell out immediately and every time for a while. $10 is just asking for abuse. I'm glad it's not super expensive, but man...at least we should be able to get it from the website.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m gonna need Emmet’s Dream House and 4 of those classic Space packs. I really dig the color scheme and aesthetic of the Rex set too.

These sets really make me regret not picking up any of the original LEGO Movie sets.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So many good sets!

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Lovin' Unikitty's disco heals on the Pop Up Party Bus dance floor.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

That's why the blue one's laughing "Yeah, you're gonna buy this now!"

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

SocketWrench posted:

His name is Benny, and that's his Space Squad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SocketWrench posted:

The blue one, huh?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nth Doctor posted:

space squad, Space Squad, SPACE SQUAD!!!!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nth Doctor posted:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

LEGO is too good for us.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I would get that set but I don't like any of those colors besides Benny and his logo is worn.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I would get that set but I don't like any of those colors besides Benny and his logo is worn.

mods plz

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
ugh his helmet is broken too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like that the pink one is a dude.

That's pretty unheard of to have 5 desirable minifigs in a $10 set. Not to mention the classic space printed parts. That set is going to get hoovered up by adult nerds like crazy. I will be one of them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Erm ...why is Lenny pink and Jenny white? The answer is probably some complicated explanation about my conservative ideas about gender (or that Kenny is gay), but in the context of happy old time retro space lego I'd have expected it the other way round ... simply because in the 80ie the pink one usually was the girl.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

I like that the pink one is a dude.

That's pretty unheard of to have 5 desirable minifigs in a $10 set. Not to mention the classic space printed parts. That set is going to get hoovered up by adult nerds like crazy. I will be one of them.

*ahem* you mean 25 desirable minifigs in a 50 dollar set, right?!

Hey I’ve been meaning to ask this... are coattails really this lovely or am I doing something very wrong?

They’re loving gigantic.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hopper posted:

Erm ...why is Lenny pink and Jenny white? The answer is probably some complicated explanation about my conservative ideas about gender (or that Kenny is gay), but in the context of happy old time retro space lego I'd have expected it the other way round ... simply because in the 80ie the pink one usually was the girl.

:thejoke:

Feenix posted:

Hey I’ve been meaning to ask this... are coattails really this lovely or am I doing something very wrong?

They’re loving gigantic.

It looks like they reused the ones from The Lego Batman movie's Joker, which were supposed to be comically oversized.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Are they not supposed to attach at the neck?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Luminaflare posted:

Are they not supposed to attach at the neck?

2 holes. No. And yes, same as the Joker, I guess. But even that one the implementation is just awful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought the huge coat tails on the Joker looked sweet personally.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The Christmas gift box freebie is better than most of the Christmas sets they sell. Especially better than the advent calendar.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no a clown has comically oversized coattails

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh no a clown has comically oversized coattails

But where do you draw the line??!!! ;)
What if they were comically 12 real world inches long? I’m just saying they look fairly dissonant with the toy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

space squad, Space Squad, SPACE SQUAD!!!!

Yep. Gonna need 2 of those for sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chris Knight posted:

Yep. Gonna need 20 of those for sure.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The last couple pages are making me grateful for my total lack of nostalgia for Classic Space. Y'all have fun buying them up though :wave:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Feenix posted:

2 holes. No. And yes, same as the Joker, I guess. But even that one the implementation is just awful.

Just looking at half a dozen pics make it look like there's four holes so it wraps around properly.

Also it's a pity that y'all have terrible taste in ridiculous clown costumes, because those tails are rad as poo poo.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
The Black Friday 900 piece box is up on Walmart’s website available for $20, 2.2 cents a piece. Versus the regular big box that’s 790 pieces for $48.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

FBS posted:

The last couple pages are making me grateful for my total lack of nostalgia for Classic Space. Y'all have fun buying them up though :wave:

As someone who does love Classic Space, that is exactly how I've felt about so much stuff everyone freaks out over but I have little to no interest in, like Star Wars, Harry Potter and Voltron. But as long as I can get two or three of the space squad I'd be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Bit of a shame how there's no modernized blue spaceman in it that isn't benny. He's a bit too distinct to have multiples of. Maybe they could have given him a default alt face and a fixed helmet in the box.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 22, 2018