Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Healthy young journalist goes to twitter, gets pumped with massive posts of many opinions, doesn't feel good and changes - TWITTERBRAIN. Many such cases!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Maya Fey posted:

haven't paid attention to taibbi since the obama admin or w/e but drat that guy fell off

Yeah I loved his coverage of the anti-war protests. Kinda a shame really

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Taibbi has all the contrarianism of Glenn Greenwald but doesn't even have the basic decency to be correct on foreign policy and the surveillance state

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/KirstieMAllsopp/status/1534917094063673344?t=VzctHf54w4LNIXfVHtAjUQ&s=19

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oh no I hate it when broken non-functional systems break down and have to get replaced isn’t it the worst?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

fondly remembering the time convicted racist and fat-controller-looking motherfucker Fergus Wilson had a massive tantrum about being told running water was not an optional extra, threatening to take his 1000 houses and gently caress off somewhere, only to remember how buildings work and just disappear from public view instead

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

Taibbi has all the contrarianism of Glenn Greenwald but doesn't even have the basic decency to be correct on foreign policy and the surveillance state

I remember his writeups on the 08 financial crisis being really good. Was he only ever good on a few things, or did his brain break somewhere between #metoo and Trump?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Being right about things requires changing your mind, updating your assumptions, and generally being with it. At some point his brain ossified and the long slow Old Man Yells at Cloudification is irreversible

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I remember his writeups on the 08 financial crisis being really good. Was he only ever good on a few things, or did his brain break somewhere between #metoo and Trump?

my theory is that his brain broke after libs accused him of being a sex pest due to his writings for The eXile magazine in the 1990s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

サッチャー首相大怖いんだよゞ◎Д◎ヾ

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
really wild how western cultures (governments and media hand in hand) keep working so loving hard to undermine a country's health policy that has unarguably saved millions of their own people's lives

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1536751842658504711

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I think easy preventable deaths and long term complications being the standard because to do otherwise would impact profit is a way worse cost to the dignity and spirit of humanity but I’m not a dipshit oped writer.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the American ruling class and their enablers are the worst people this cursed planet has ever vomited up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

uber_stoat posted:

the American ruling class and their enablers are the worst people this cursed planet has ever vomited up.

tepid take and true

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

Please stop erasing britains heritage

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

uno.mannschaft posted:

Please stop erasing britains heritage

we are britains heritage

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Milo and POTUS posted:

we are britains heritage

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/goulcher/status...ingawful.com%2F

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Centrism is a political outlook or position that involves acceptance and/or support of a balance of social equality and a degree of social hierarchy, while opposing political changes which would result in a significant shift of society strongly to either the left or the right.

We can be a centrist with left or right leaning tendencies but you must always strive to be the center.

If our leaders are politically centered then they would not just make laws and rules that would only benefit one side but it will benefit all.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but majority of the teachers in universities are left leaning in terms of ideologies. You can never see a right leaning professor or teacher among their ranks. So I think a natural balance is a good thing for students to learn both the benefits and down sides to one ideology or another.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i wish i never saw a right leaning teacher

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

you’d think these dorks would be more familiar with STEM chuds but I guess not

also do they think Econ departments are full of marxists or something

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Internet Wizard posted:

they are marxists, but ones who use their knowledge for evil

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I had a computer science teacher who spent the entire year pushing propaganda for republicans. Literally would start the class with the new marine corps commercials that had come out, and talk about how 'beautiful' they were. Doesn't matter what was under discussion, he would find some way to tie it to the perfidious leftists and how they were ruining society. Dude was loving insane

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Internet Wizard posted:

they do, because their entire idea of academia comes from Fox News or children's cartoons

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tokin opposition posted:

they do, because their entire idea of academia comes from Fox News or children's cartoons or umass amherst

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Kaedric posted:

I had a computer science teacher who spent the entire year pushing propaganda for republicans. Literally would start the class with the new marine corps commercials that had come out, and talk about how 'beautiful' they were. Doesn't matter what was under discussion, he would find some way to tie it to the perfidious leftists and how they were ruining society. Dude was loving insane

the biggest red flag here is thinking that marine commercials were capable of improving after the lava monster and battle chess commercials

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

uber_stoat posted:

*laughs in Classical Mongolian*

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kaedric posted:

Same, he'd show up every day in his Army PT tee and seemed to think SSNs were reused.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kaedric posted:

i went to one of those schools that got on the 100 best schools in america in newsweek september '93 and never shut the gently caress up about it. they spent all their budget on a: football and b: the college prep (aka smart kid) classes. the non college prep classes were babysitting till they went to go work construction. the non-college-prep history teacher was also the assistant football coach, and every friday he'd just let the students watch network TV because "if they're gonna take 20% of my income in taxes im gonna take 20% of my work"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1537092675727503360?t=rKcCd8VyDcHdC3I4so9nUw&s=19
https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1537092677791010816?t=mXwgDU0FRCOBcBx_Fu6pgA&s=19

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Relevant Tangent posted:

*laughs in Classical Mongolian*

The Mongol conquests killed 40 to 60 million people. The British Raj killed somewhere between 600 million and 1.8 billion people.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chamale posted:

The Mongol conquests killed 40 to 60 million people. The British Raj killed somewhere between 600 million and 1.8 billion people.
Yes but you have to consider the unborn children of :words:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Chamale posted:

Can you put that in % of total contemporary world population?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Orange Devil posted:

Can you put that in % of total contemporary world population?

the estimates are ~360 million world pop during the mongol empire, so between 11 and 17% of the world population for that one given 40-60 as our figure

the figures for the raj are going to be harder since you basically have to account for 2 centuries of plunder raping and killing, but the world population in 1930 was ~2 bil so probably worse

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

some context as to why this is a dumb take:

https://twitter.com/MartyrEmpanada/status/1539248195401818115

https://twitter.com/bot_nabq/status/1539252195316715520

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
agency is my most top hated overused term in 2021-2 overtaking toxic masculinity easily

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Honest Thief posted:

agency is my most top hated overused term in 2021-2 overtaking toxic masculinity easily
lol if u only started hating The Agency in 2021

oh wait

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

https://twitter.com/harrietsergeant/status/1539156744617791489

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol