Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Man, they tell us that you're locked into your passing line at the track for a reason. They're fuckin serious about it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I just want to point out the humor inherent in:
*leaderbiek takes inside pass and then bails and drifts back into passed rider's line and brakes* *blame the 300 for holding a stable line through the curve*

also it was her fault did you see what she was wearing

e: its not a literbike but whatever sentiment stands.

looks like the other guy was trolling or something? https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/basicanykestrel

Razzled fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 2, 2017

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Awful image I made.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Last one should be the naked dude at deals gap.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Razzled posted:

looks like the other guy was trolling or something? https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/basicanykestrel

So he did that multiple times? I'm confused as to what's going on. You'd think he would have been flagged off the track.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Oh he's just a dick bad rider, 300 isn't the problem here.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGBk9sTsV_M

There's the source video, wreck happens at 3:30. Dude in blue is an idiot - he might be on a 300, but he still parks it for the corners

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah maybe the gopro is messing up the perspective but that blue guy looks like he's deliberately brake checking in both those clips to me. Or he's just a loving idiot. It all looks to be happening way before the corner, though.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Watching the video, the camera rider should have expected that poo poo. When a rider passes like that once they'll do it again and he has a clear warning and does the right thing the first time around at 1:35. The blue rider has amazing straight line speed somehow but no cornerspeed and if you're not watching your fellow racers for their weak and strong places you're gonna have a hell of a time passing. Seems like the camera rider isn't pinning it on the straights (or the blue rider has a cheater) judging by how fast the blue rider passes him but how much more cornerspeed the camera rider has.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another bike flies by him in the straight on the first cutoff, so not pinning it on the straight might be the answer. It seems weird that a dude that lovely could even keep up long enough to be a problem without some mechanical advantage.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Z3n posted:

Watching the video, the camera rider should have expected that poo poo. When a rider passes like that once they'll do it again and he has a clear warning and does the right thing the first time around at 1:35. The blue rider has amazing straight line speed somehow but no cornerspeed and if you're not watching your fellow racers for their weak and strong places you're gonna have a hell of a time passing. Seems like the camera rider isn't pinning it on the straights (or the blue rider has a cheater) judging by how fast the blue rider passes him but how much more cornerspeed the camera rider has.

so if someone repeatedly parks it in front of you at the track you're not gonna get mad?

i'm curious why you're so intent on blaming the victim of the situation

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
he knew what he was doing dressing like that and riding around in that area

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What with those tight, revealing leathers. Might as well have been wearing nothing at all!

tjones
May 13, 2005

Razzled posted:

so if someone repeatedly parks it in front of you at the track you're not gonna get mad?

It was a live race and rational people tend to let it all hang out as is. You have to consider other riders in those situations just as much as yourself. You also have to accept that going into it or you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The guy who slammed the door is at fault, but the guy filming should have known better. His race craft ended up causing himself to wreck as much as the other rear end hat. He admits as much in the comments of his video.

To me at least, it looks like guy filming is new to racing and had a mentality similar to a well managed track day in that he assumed he would be ok letting his guard down if he maintained his line.

What I can't figure out is why he didn't prepare better considering he shoulder checks during the turn right before the straight. He should have known the guy was behind him and should have realized he was going to get pulled on the following straight.

Rubbing is racing. Homie got Cole Trickled.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

tjones posted:

It was a live race and rational people tend to let it all hang out as is. You have to consider other riders in those situations just as much as yourself. You also have to accept that going into it or you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

The guy who slammed the door is at fault, but the guy filming should have known better. His race craft ended up causing himself to wreck as much as the other rear end hat. He admits as much in the comments of his video.

To me at least, it looks like guy filming is new to racing and had a mentality similar to a well managed track day in that he assumed he would be ok letting his guard down if he maintained his line.

What I can't figure out is why he didn't prepare better considering he shoulder checks during the turn right before the straight. He should have known the guy was behind him and should have realized he was going to get pulled on the following straight.

Rubbing is racing. Homie got Cole Trickled.

hunting someone multiple times in the straight and trying to get them to crash into you is not racing

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Slim Pickens posted:

Another bike flies by him in the straight on the first cutoff, so not pinning it on the straight might be the answer. It seems weird that a dude that lovely could even keep up long enough to be a problem without some mechanical advantage.

He is pinned pretty much all the time.
watch the video, on the long straights the R3s walk past the Ninja about 2/3s of the way down it. so there is a considerable power or gearing difference.

In the YT comments he says that his braking marker for the corner he got brake checked on is way past where the other guy started hauling up, and he just couldn't adjust his grip fast enough to brake in time when they guy pulled in front of him.
All you people saying it was his fault are loving delusional. His only mistake was not having the front brake lever covered.

echomadman fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 3, 2017

tjones
May 13, 2005

Razzled posted:

hunting someone multiple times in the straight and trying to get them to crash into you is not racing

I understand where you are coming from, but slamming the door on someone is a move that happens all the time. R3 guy is very bad at it considering he did it very late in the straight and right as he reached his braking marker.

I doubt the rider on the r3 had intentions of wrecking the guy. He most likely was trying to bully the camera bike into backing off and is a horrible judge of how and when to do so.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm also agreeing with you the r3 is dangerous and should be looked over by the race director or whatever management was present.

But again, taking part in an active race throws a lot of that out the window. If this was instead a track day, I'd be singing a slightly different tune.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Oh it was a race? Yeah that's a bit of a gray area, he did have space for himself on the right to avoid the guy then. Guy in front seems like a terrible rider tho. You on a 300 and parking it in a corner like that :cmon:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Razzled posted:

Cause road racing is ruined by litigious assholes who start talking about "fault" when you're racing? Like, sure, it's lovely racing, and the blue rider sucks, but the difference between a trackday and racing is that you're gonna see sketchy poo poo like that. If that's legit where the dude brakes (and it certainly looks like it is, given how much faster the camera rider is in the corners), it's your job as a racer to stay in front of those guys by being faster. With that kind of speed differential, you should never be directly behind that kind of rider. If you're racing you should be actively trying to understand the riders you're on the track with and figuring out how to exploit their weak spots. Blue bike passes at 1:35, moves to the outside, and parks it. At 3 minutes, in the exact same way, camera rider only had to push the inside bar to shoot back up the inside, easiest pass in the world. The rider's taking away totally the wrong lesson here, which isn't "he should have covered the brake!" and is "I should pay closer attention to the riding styles and speed of those around me, and change my strategy and line accordingly". Letting the person in front of you set the pace is a bad move.

Trackday? I'd be loving furious if someone pulled an idiot move like that. Racing? You should expect it 100% of the time. Nearly everyone's riding over their head in the novice classes, they're meatgrinders, and once the red mist goes, expect that sort of behavior. Also, it's totally legitimate to use lapped traffic to gently caress up someone else's line, that's just racing as a thing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

its all nice on rice posted:

What with those tight, revealing leathers. Might as well have been wearing nothing at all!

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
stupid sexy Flanders

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

Trackday? I'd be loving furious if someone pulled an idiot move like that. Racing? You should expect it 100% of the time.
I dunno where you're coming from with this one. Maybe it's because of the particular track days I've done and the particular type of racing (amateur vintage) I've done but I think that's backwards. Track days from what I've seen on youtube and experienced are just clusterfucks and people are gonna be stupid. There's not much oversight. Races are much more tightly controlled and poo poo like that should not be going on in them. R3 guy needs a talking to from somebody about his maneuvers which look unnecessarily dangerous to me. Again, maybe it's just the type of racing I do is not full of frat bros high on redbull but I've never seen anything quite that stupid.

But to put my experience in perspective, I've raced in events where I was on a 1965 Triumph and some people were on a modern(ish) 125GP bike with a CRF450 motor in it. The speed and handling differences were MASSIVE and I never saw anyone behaving that stupidly. That doesn't just go with the territory.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
According to my friend who races in CMRA, they'll do this kind of thing to you on your licensing test-- that is specifically try to make you crash with bad passes and closing doors. You don't have to win the mock race, you just have to finish.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Just a quick reminder wrt racing and fairness etc

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'm sure every one has seen this by now, but I lol every time I remember it and did so earlier today when I read MJ's CMRA comment. Amateur racing is great fun and I recommend everyone watch at least one race if they get the chance. Sometimes it is like watching 5 year olds attempt to play tee ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpk-ACFRmIU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

tjones posted:

I'm sure every one has seen this by now, but I lol every time I remember it and did so earlier today when I read MJ's CMRA comment. Amateur racing is great fun and I recommend everyone watch at least one race if they get the chance. Sometimes it is like watching 5 year olds attempt to play tee ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpk-ACFRmIU

i'm guessing racing is not for me because if someone tried to do what the guy in the original video did i'd either horsecollar him off his bike or beat his rear end after the fact

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Razzled posted:

i'm guessing racing is not for me because if someone tried to do what the guy in the original video did i'd either horsecollar him off his bike or beat his rear end after the fact

You just might get your chance in about 24 hours. :v:

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
I just learned that the weird-rear end bosozoku culture in Japan has a weird-rear end subculture of rev battles:

VOLUME WARNING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7pVgyok-w

Another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCK7aGA0ybU&t=27s

A ladies-only battle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHDF0A6IX_M

Also here's one with beats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYEFTfmhVMI

e: searching youtube for 旧極 (which google translates to "old pole" :shrug:) brings up tons more vids

dumb. fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 4, 2017

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

How do you tell when someone has won?

Japan is so loving inscrutable.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's us. We're the winners.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Holy crap this dude:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB1saTodvG0

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Um, is that dude drifting his honda MOTORCYCLE?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm the phantom drone

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

https://gfycat.com/MassiveShortBluewhale

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Those dudes were just trying to swap seats and a motorcycle got all caught up in the process. Unfortunate.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I do more miles in my car than my bike, and have comprehensive on both, but for some reason I hate bike thieves way more than guys who jack cars. Maybe it's because a lot of people on bikes don't have coverage for theft?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It's because to make money on stolen bikes you have to understand why people love bikes and that makes you like a traitor to the bike cause that I viscerally despise.

Car thieves are more toward the tv, general appliance burglarguy level. It's just a thing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hey, can anyone tell me where that is? I'm asking for a friend.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Who knew The Dark Crystal was actually about a ducati.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Asian woman on Italian bike - does not compute. Goddamned weebs