Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Xenomrph posted:

Guys, someone talk me into/out of blowing my tax refund on a $1000 Master Replicas Mara Jade lightsaber that usually sells for $2500

Just give me a hundred bucks instead.

Edit: Oh come on, this lovely joke had to be the top of a new page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

3rd party ones also do a better job matching the props.

That’s the thing, the Ultrasabers one I was looking at isn’t accurate to the “real” one, the activation switch is different. I care about accuracy, which is why the Master Replicas one is even on the table.

Any other 3rd party manufacturers I should check?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.korbanth.com/products/empty-jade-saber-hilt-with-autographed-plaque-included

Installed electronics version: https://www.korbanth.com/collection...graphed-edition

They used to have a cheaper one without the crystal but that's all they sell now.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

Absolute perfection.

Yeah I preordered two and zarana lol.

A year out makes it easier to budget imo

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.korbanth.com/products/empty-jade-saber-hilt-with-autographed-plaque-included

Installed electronics version: https://www.korbanth.com/collection...graphed-edition

They used to have a cheaper one without the crystal but that's all they sell now.

I'm actually leaning towards this one:

https://spsabers.com/products/thehandoftheemperor?_pos=1&_sid=f4c46cc75&_ss=r

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That one is made by a group called Shadowfoil Props. It’s a good one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is turning out way better than I expected

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

That one is made by a group called Shadowfoil Props. It’s a good one.

Yep, I just bought one, definitely looking forward to it!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

Caught 'em red handed!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rhyno posted:

These are great

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thank you!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I preordered Cloud and Jessie on the bike set. Getting Cloud and Jessie separately now looks like it would cost almost as much as also getting the bike.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Cloud was the first release so he's crept up in price.

Square actually had the Cloud figure on sale at PAX East 2020, though it sold out very fast.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They are releasing a "Version 2" which is what comes with the bike but amiami is presold out for the individual one and he's $150 for the preorder on BBTS. I have no idea what the differences are.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Marvel Legends Eternals figures on clearance and I'm struggling with the thought that it would be funny to have a complete set of Eternals figures

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Cloud "version 2" is the last one that was released. Version 1 was released years ago when the Remake game was first announced, as kind of like an early promotional thing. There was also a Barret. Both were re-released with some minor improvements as "version 2" when the game was actually released, quite a while later. I'm pretty certain the "version 2" packed with the big Jessie/bike set is the same figure a lot of us already have.

Version 1 is long gone, but you don't want that anyway; I remember seeing some comparison videos ages ago, and there was kind of weird stuff going on with the hip proportions that was fixed with the second release. I think this is why some retailers are still careful to specify which version you're getting, because version 2 is the one you want.

FYI the Tifa and Aerith figures are still available at AmiAmi, AND both on sale right now for relatively cheap - about $83 US, I think I paid around $130 for them at release. Those are both really cool figures!
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-058008
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-058006

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

The Marvel Legends Eternals figures on clearance and I'm struggling with the thought that it would be funny to have a complete set of Eternals figures

You might be the only one so

EDIT: If you do, make sure to get another figure of about the same size and slip them in. Never acknowledge that they are not, in fact, an Eternal

Burkion fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 27, 2022

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Eternals is going to be the most “oh right, that one” movie in the entire MCU. They’re going to make another 50 of these and there’s a solid chance you’ll never hear anyone talk about Eternals ever again after 2024.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Animated Jubilee is in stock at Disney. FREESHIP code works today.

https://www.shopdisney.com/jubilee-...rchType=regular

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Burkion posted:

You might be the only one so

EDIT: If you do, make sure to get another figure of about the same size and slip them in. Never acknowledge that they are not, in fact, an Eternal

I've always liked those Japanese toys that are like, perfect 1/12th replicas of propane tanks. Toys where there's really no reason for them to exist. That's how I feel about the Eternals figures; it would be weird for me to own them but it's just as weird that anybody ever bothered to make them

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Cloud "version 2" is the last one that was released. Version 1 was released years ago when the Remake game was first announced, as kind of like an early promotional thing. There was also a Barret. Both were re-released with some minor improvements as "version 2" when the game was actually released, quite a while later. I'm pretty certain the "version 2" packed with the big Jessie/bike set is the same figure a lot of us already have.

Version 1 is long gone, but you don't want that anyway; I remember seeing some comparison videos ages ago, and there was kind of weird stuff going on with the hip proportions that was fixed with the second release. I think this is why some retailers are still careful to specify which version you're getting, because version 2 is the one you want.

FYI the Tifa and Aerith figures are still available at AmiAmi, AND both on sale right now for relatively cheap - about $83 US, I think I paid around $130 for them at release. Those are both really cool figures!
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-058008
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-058006

Seconding the Tifa and Aerith ones being great. I bought them a year before playing the game because I thought they looked cool even though I knew basically nothing about about the characters other than picking it up from the gaming ether. I got up to the part where Cloud properly meets Aerith and she's cute and annoying in exactly the ways that I want to be. Sure hope that nothing bad happens to her in the game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gripweed posted:

I've always liked those Japanese toys that are like, perfect 1/12th replicas of propane tanks. Toys where there's really no reason for them to exist. That's how I feel about the Eternals figures; it would be weird for me to own them but it's just as weird that anybody ever bothered to make them

They exist to serve as props for dioramas and such

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos is a must buy to complete the cast of Atlanta.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Seconding the Tifa and Aerith ones being great. I bought them a year before playing the game because I thought they looked cool even though I knew basically nothing about about the characters other than picking it up from the gaming ether. I got up to the part where Cloud properly meets Aerith and she's cute and annoying in exactly the ways that I want to be. Sure hope that nothing bad happens to her in the game.

I'm glad to hear you got those figures. They're so good!

I'm tempted to actually get every character, but I have passed on several already; Rude, Reno and Rufus (Wow, the bad guys in that game have a lot of R names) plus Sonon and Yuffie from the bonus chapter thing. They basically weren't interesting enough either visually or in terms of their role in the story for me to pay that kind of money, but I'm enjoying that toy line so much as a whole that I keep being tempted to collect more. The price on all those guys has gone down, but hasn't really gone down enough for me to actually go for it.

I'm also keeping in mind that there are still some good characters they didn't make yet, plus some cool-looking characters should show up in Part 2 if they ever get around to releasing it, so it would be best to save a little space on that shelf.

EDIT: I actually really like Yuffie's original costume design, but I don't much like the weird giant plastic poncho on the new figure, and I have seen zero info anywhere ever about whether that thing comes off. There are no product shots without it, and I can't even find any reviews of the figure anywhere. As far as I can tell based on all the info out there, the poncho is built in and the figure can't be displayed without it. Until I find out otherwise, I'm not dropping $100 on it.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 28, 2022

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cloks posted:

We just need a Lakeith Stanfield

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm glad to hear you got those figures. They're so good!

I'm tempted to actually get every character, but I have passed on several already; Rude, Reno and Rufus (Wow, the bad guys in that game have a lot of R names) plus Sonon and Yuffie from the bonus chapter thing. They basically weren't interesting enough either visually or in terms of their role in the story for me to pay that kind of money, but I'm enjoying that toy line so much as a whole that I keep being tempted to collect more. The price on all those guys has gone down, but hasn't really gone down enough for me to actually go for it.

I'm also keeping in mind that there are still some good characters they didn't make yet, plus some cool-looking characters should show up in Part 2 if they ever get around to releasing it, so it would be best to save a little space on that shelf.

Unless I get ultra into it, I’m just sticking to the women and Cloud. I have the one of Aerith in the dress on preorder too since the dress is so pretty. I’ve considered the Tifa dress one too but I feel like all of the joints end up being too prominent with the bare arms and legs.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This find modern gentleman arrived today. As the croptop implies, he can do some sweet dance moves with those claws.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure with that crop top, those are jazz hands my dude.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Not really into Mezco stuff usually but that One:12 Doom sure is tempting. He even has a spellbook with printed pages..!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cloks posted:

Snacksmaniac posted:

We just need a Lakeith Stanfield

I've honestly been thinking about this. I own the Star Wars Black Lando figure from Solo because it's a decent Donald Glover likeness, and I've been a huge fan of his since the earliest Childish Gambino mixtapes, seen him perform stand-up live, and love all his projects.

I couldn't even get through Eternals, but if I found a Phastos on clearance, I think I'd have to get it, to have a Paper Boi to go with him, and then I'd have to track down Domino too.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wait there’s a Paper Boy figure??

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

Not really into Mezco stuff usually but that One:12 Doom sure is tempting. He even has a spellbook with printed pages..!

I'm not getting their FF set, but I can't pass on Doom, the best ruler Latveria has ever known.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

If the FF finally gets an MCU movie I hope to loving god we finally get a good Von Doom on screen

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bonus:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Unless I get ultra into it, I’m just sticking to the women and Cloud. I have the one of Aerith in the dress on preorder too since the dress is so pretty. I’ve considered the Tifa dress one too but I feel like all of the joints end up being too prominent with the bare arms and legs.

I haven't been collecting the dress variants either, kinda forgot about those... but if they do Cloud in a dress? That's a guaranteed sale from me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGpiA55lKtI

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cloks posted:

Is there a Lakeith figure?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

Is there a Lakeith figure?

He hasn’t really been in anything toyetic except that Netflix Death Note movie, kinda.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I haven't been collecting the dress variants either, kinda forgot about those... but if they do Cloud in a dress? That's a guaranteed sale from me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGpiA55lKtI

I haven’t seen anything for them making one. I haven’t gotten to that part of the game yet but I feel like I’d probably be in for it too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He hasn’t really been in anything toyetic except that Netflix Death Note movie, kinda.

YET.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sorry to Bother You figures when?