Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It's a shame Aranea doesn't know or forgot what English's treasure does. She could have just used that to retcon whatever. Oh well!

It would have also given John something actually productive to do with his new power. Fight cheap tactics with cheap tactics. I mean he's probably still going to use it against English, but still.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Actually one more thought before bed, but Dave having a sort of gut instinct reaction that things were going down on lofaf, might that be his innate Knight of Time sense telling him they've derailed into a beta timeline? I seem to recall some insinuation that he could sense the difference. Did anyone float this possibility already?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Homestuck is like a fractal. You keep thinking that you're zoomed in all the way. Things are stupidly complicated now. They can't possibly get more complicated.

And then they do.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dolash posted:

Actually one more thought before bed, but Dave having a sort of gut instinct reaction that things were going down on lofaf, might that be his innate Knight of Time sense telling him they've derailed into a beta timeline? I seem to recall some insinuation that he could sense the difference. Did anyone float this possibility already?
Remember that Karkat called him up on speaker butt foam and told him poo poo was going down. That's probably why Dave actually left. Though this idea is pretty interesting.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

DalaranJ posted:

Homestuck is like a fractal. You keep thinking that you're zoomed in all the way. Things are stupidly complicated now. They can't possibly get more complicated.

And then they do.

That's not true. Sometimes things get simpler, when characters die.

(Imagine if Vriska, Eridan, and Snowman were all running around, doing things)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dolash posted:

Uhh I'm pretty sure it was Karkat telling him that things were going down.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mystic Mongol posted:

That's not true. Sometimes things get simpler, when characters die.

(Imagine if Vriska, Eridan, and Snowman were all running around, doing things)

But Vriska was running around doing things. Just in the afterlife.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

DalaranJ posted:

But Vriska was running around doing things. Just in the afterlife.

Sorry, as a staunch, unrepentant vitalist I don't give a poo poo what ghosts do as long as they have the decency to do it in the afterlife, where it doesn't matter.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Everyone seems to be heading towards LoFaF now then? Terezi is supposed to be Clown Hunting, so should she get back to Rose now? Unless... of course, there's more than one Gamzee loving around. Gamzees everyhwere, because miracles.

Never Odd or Even
Jan 21, 2009

This jerk again.
Fun Shoe
After Cascade I wondered how Hussie was going to deal with making Jade so powerful. I really didn't think he'd just have her get immediately mind controlled and killed.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I have to admit, Hussie's still really good at keeping us guessing.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Blackheart posted:

Unless... of course, there's more than one Gamzee loving around. Gamzees everyhwere, because miracles.

Well, he does have time travel abilities, so there very well may be.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Best case scenario; Gamzee pulls the tiaratop off Jane and the mind control ends.

Worst case scenario; honk HONK motherfucker. :ohdear:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wyld Karde posted:

Best case scenario; Gamzee pulls the tiaratop off Jane and the mind control ends.

Let's just hope we don't get both options at once. :gonk:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Wyld Karde posted:

Even if he removes her tiara, chances are she'll go and revive Jade anyway. Obviously not in Aranea's plans.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Hahaha, you loving tell her Roxy.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hussie's been waiting for that quirk opportunity, hasn't he?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Roxy Lalonde, ladies and gentlemen. Not shy about her feelings even when sober. :3:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Roxy is why I keep reading homestuck :3

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think Homestuck fans might literally go into the streets and riot if Jade and Roxy are killed in the same week. Jane too I guess, but Roxy especially.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
The first half of homestuck was four kids trying to survive a disastrously broken game of Sburb, haunted by a meddling spidertroll.

And I guess that's what the second half will be, too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Roxy is the best at buttering people up for their rings.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Roxy continues to top the charts as the Best Character In Homestuck.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Man. I am suspicious. Even Roxy didn't know why she immediately hates Aranea so much. And it seems a little out of character for her. I fear manipulation.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Man. I am suspicious. Even Roxy didn't know why she immediately hates Aranea so much. And it seems a little out of character for her. I fear manipulation.

She did say she was "buttering her up", so i figured she was laying it on a bit thick to hate-flirt with Aranea in hopes that she'd hand her the ring because gently caress it why not.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lotus circle posted:

I think Homestuck fans might literally go into the streets and riot if Jade and Roxy are killed in the same week. Jane too I guess, but Roxy especially.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Bobulus posted:

Roxy hates Aranea because she's being insufferably smug. And because Aranea just tends to rub people up the wrong way anyway.

And the "buttering up" comment is probably just self-aware irony rather than anything to do with hate romance.

E: VVVVVV put better than I did

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 16, 2013

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
She's walked up to Roxy, rubbed her face in the fact that her void powers can't hide her, then proudly announced that bff sweet delicate Nepeta Calliope is dead forever but that's ok because she's also superfluous to the plans of the only person who matters, Viceroy Spinarette Mindfang.

That's straight hateworthy.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Seoinin posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all.

Hyper closeup zoom in on Hussie's mouth

"I'm doing my part!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mystic Mongol posted:

She's walked up to Roxy, rubbed her face in the fact that her void powers can't hide her, then proudly announced that bff sweet delicate Nepeta Calliope is dead forever but that's ok because she's also superfluous to the plans of the only person who matters, Viceroy Spinarette Mindfang.

That's straight hateworthy.
Yeah the "your friend doesn't matter anymore, she's dead and irrelevant to the plan" bit is really the straw that breaks the camel's back here.

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

Up until now my theory was that Roxy was only really likable because the rest of the alpha kids weren't. I still thought she was probably en par with some of the earlier kids/trolls, but I figured she only stood out because of who she was put with.

I was wrong and Roxy is easily the best kid in Homestuck by virtue of the fact I can't think of any of them except possibly Karkat who would react this excellently to Areana.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Aranea killing Roxy now wouldn't count as heroic, right? She would have to succeed in actually stopping Aranea for it to count, right? :ohdear:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Nate RFB posted:

Aranea killing Roxy now wouldn't count as heroic, right? She would have to succeed in actually stopping Aranea for it to count, right? :ohdear:

Serket's loving with the clock. All bets are off in the heroic/just department.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Man, I dunno about you guys saying theres no stakes, but I am pretty nervous that Roxy's gonna get killed here. :ohdear:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Oh gods. A thought just struck me.

BN and PM are inbound at speed. We've already seen how where Jade's concerned, Bec's loyalty almost completely overwhelms whoever's wearing the prototype rings. If they turn up and discover Jade's dead... :ohdear:

And if they sniff out that it was Aranea who did it. Well, I don't care how smug, clever and life ring equipped she is. She's boned.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A-derp, forgot Karkat told Dave to come over, the lesson is that last post before bed usually ain't worth it.

But man, this Roxy-Aranea confrontation's pretty good. I guess Roxy's none too happy about Aranea killing Jade, either, since she'd just been mind-controlled. We might just get a straight-up fight.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm wondering how much overlap there potentially is between Aranea and Roxy's classpect-based powers. I hope maybe Roxy will enrage her way into some totally cool display of void rogueage.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Roxy's a rogue, right? She steals stuff for the benefit of others. Lets all cross our fingers and hope she whips out some mad rogue skills and steals that ring off of aranea's finger. Bonus points if she does it in the most ballsy way possible and just waits till aranea is distracted on one of her bigass monologues to sidle up and swipe it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But she's a rogue of void, and apparently her powers involve stealing the non-existence from things. Well besides the regular void powers of non-detection.

Oh and Roxy is up there in the best kid gang (with Rose and Dave). They might someday approach Karkat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Blackheart posted:

But she's a rogue of void, and apparently her powers involve stealing the non-existence from things.

Would you say that the Ring of Life made Aranea's death non-existent?