Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Slim Pickens posted:

Still room for more.

Renaissance Robot trigger warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I mean... I like the idea of being able to pack up and move on a motorcycle, but gently caress.

And yet it can only store 3 helmets...

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Finger Prince posted:

I guess the trail widens up?

It does after they use it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Reminds me of building an airplane out of Legos.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Razzled posted:

Renaissance Robot trigger warning

I actually recoiled from the screen :negative:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So this is the next big thing idiots are gonna do on bikes, isn't it?

https://killboy.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK02Z4070610&po=812&pc=944 for the series

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Psh, old. What movie was that in? Some 90s action dreck iirc

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I like it.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That guy's been doing that schtick for a while, I saw him when I was down there 3 years ago

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Psh, old. What movie was that in? Some 90s action dreck iirc

Tom Cruise did it in Mission Impossible 2, I believe.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ugUBBycFY

The stunt in question is at about 6:45, but if you've never seen it, the whole ridiculous chase sequence is worth watching. From jumping sport bikes like they are dirt bikes, the stoppie shootout, the burnout smokescreen murder crash, bike drifting shootouts, to the aforementioned using the bike as a bullet shield by sliding beside it. Love it and all it's cheesy ridiculousness.

Day Man fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 16, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Backfire was tonight, and good as always. Half the shots are on a cellphone, the other half a GH2 with a Russian Helios lens. Both suck, I'm sorry

Yep, that's a street-legal four cylinder two-stroke flat track bike.

A couple sumos from the Cascadia supermoto group(and some rear end in a top hat's scooter :v:)

So pretty and awesome, I didn't notice the well-restored katana next to it.

[INSTAGRAMMING INTENSIFIES]

It had the paper dealer plate on it still. I'd be proud too if I owned ducati's worst bike.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 17, 2017

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
That is some cool poo poo! I want to hear that TZ750 in full anger.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:stonklol:

That tank isn't nearly big enough.

Or maybe it is seeing as you'll make it to the first corner and immediately die in a fireball.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Awesome pics, Pickens; if I've learned anything about Seattle from TV it's that it's secretly Vancouver.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

advion
Jul 25, 2005

Coydog posted:

"Is he alive, or dead?" "aaAAAaaaAAAHhh"

hahaha that scream is priceless. And they played it so many times during the clip.

"Tried to make a 40mph turn" "Says he will never get on a motorcycle again."

I think that is for the best. Dude should have had a SPOT tracker.

Dude probably bought an FZ-10 as his first bike too then launches it off the road.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Slim Pickens posted:

A couple sumos from the Cascadia supermoto group(and some rear end in a top hat's scooter :v:)

:v:

That TZ flat tracker was a beaut and so was the XR750 next to it. I really wanted to hear them both. Definitely the coolest bikes I've seen there in a while.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Backfire looks fun I gotta make it one of these days.

Why use tubes when there are TIRE BALLS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0Fsgl8Vqk

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Backfire is the third Wednesday of every month, and September's will probably be the last good turnout before the weather turns to poo poo. Get on down and check out some cool bikes! (And the 500 bandido Harleys wasting space next to the two bit saloon)

captainOrbital posted:

Awesome pics, Pickens; if I've learned anything about Seattle from TV it's that it's secretly Vancouver.

This would be funnier if I didn't work in the film and video industry and would see the benefits of more productions shooting in actual Seattle :sigh:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I found this bike in Yellowstone the other day. The owner said he did all he work himself. The picture on the left bag is Yellowstone, and apparently the one on the right has the Grand Tetons, but there wasn't enough space for me to get in and take a picture. Dude was super cool about me taking pictures.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That is fantastic. Like, I want to hate it, but I simply can't. I'm the very stern eagle on the tank, btw.

edit: no wait im the snek

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Missed opportunity for gold goldwing with a golden eagle. Still awesome.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah that is transcendent.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It may be the best bike I've ever seen in person. Did y'all catch the spurs on the exhaust tips? I keep finding something new.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I found this bike in Yellowstone the other day. The owner said he did all he work himself. The picture on the left bag is Yellowstone, and apparently the one on the right has the Grand Tetons, but there wasn't enough space for me to get in and take a picture. Dude was super cool about me taking pictures.

https://vimeo.com/88306046

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Good thing Goldwings last forever, he'll never have to worry about resale value. Cool he did all of his own work and all but I'm going to disagree with y'all and say that thing is loving hideous, minus the spurs on the exhaust.

PS: The tank eagle is a decal

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

Good thing Goldwings last forever, he'll never have to worry about resale value. Cool he did all of his own work and all but I'm going to disagree with y'all and say that thing is loving hideous, minus the spurs on the exhaust.

I agree. Plus, if you need a trailer to carry all your stuff on a motorcycle trip, you're doing something wrong.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

If a multi million dollar corporation built it and it was the best they could come up with, yes it's hideous.

But it's just one man's quest for glory and that makes it perfect.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I just saw the peace pipe tomahawk

I bet those seat covers give some wicked swampass

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Purple Harley outside work today. It looked pretty decent, actually.

I'm hoping it'll be there Monday too, I'm the only one who rides afaik (it was parked at the next door office).
http://imgur.com/a/1Zrge

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is that the horse that provides the power?

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!
I have also found the best way of defeating rival biker gangs is by tickling them to death with my feather getback.

a cute sea otter fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 20, 2017

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Saw this on the motorcycle reddit

It's a 'reserve fuel tank' made from a vodka bottle

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Even if that was made from one of the regularly available fuel bottles, it's right in line with being hit by the rear wheel , which could cause "issues". What is the lock even for? The cap unscrews?

a cute sea otter posted:

I have also found the best way of defeating rival biker gangs is by tickling them to death with my feather getback.

I love this visual.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

That looks like a camping fuel canister

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Yeah, that was my thought. I have an identical bottle that's specifically rated for fuel and stamped with the proper labels.

https://www.rei.com/product/783963/msr-fuel-bottle-with-crp-cap-30-fl-oz

Where do you get vodka in that sort of container?

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, that was my thought. I have an identical bottle that's specifically rated for fuel and stamped with the proper labels.

http://www.kru82.com/

It's super pretentious.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Sagebrush posted:

It's Kru vodka

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
fuel-rated canister or not, strapping it directly over a header and in line to get smacked by the wheel when the suspension bottoms out isn't the brightest of ideas

dumb. posted:

Saw this on the motorcycle reddit

... yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cute sea otter
Apr 24, 2017

I shall personally eat your entrails on my tummy!
Great idea! you can unscrew it a little bit and do endless flaming burnouts! :supaburn: