Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eeevil posted:

It wouldn't be that hard to do King Crimson right if they wanted to. All it would have to do is force the opponent into a tandem super for some length of time. Problem being that he then gets guaranteed damage, basically.

And Dio's time stop is not Guaranteed damage?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Volare Via! Arrivederci!

Every character that has a special finishing line needs to be in ASB so I can spam them gleefully.

That's seriously some awesome news though. I guess Part 6 and Part 7 will have a few characters each coming up next? Since 4 got Koichi and Akira last time and now 5 got a new bunch.
Actually Rohan and Cars were last time, Koichi and Akira were before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I think with King Crimson they could make the opponent suddenly do a random animation so it looks like they "skipped forward".

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

And Dio's time stop is not Guaranteed damage?

Actually Rohan and Cars were last time, Koichi and Akira were before that.
Ah! Good point, I'd completely forgotten about that.

In that case, a more pressing question is raised. That's three sets of revealed characters, at least. We got Caesar too right? So the most important thing is, when is the next PV?! I can't wait to see even a second or two of these guys in action.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Ah! Good point, I'd completely forgotten about that.

In that case, a more pressing question is raised. That's three sets of revealed characters, at least. We got Caesar too right? So the most important thing is, when is the next PV?! I can't wait to see even a second or two of these guys in action.
Caesar and ACDC were also revealed even before those others. Brief footage of them both was added to those Jotaro/D'Arby The Gamer commercials.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
I could see KC working as teleports and counters. In the PS2 game he just slowed down time when you did an attack so the attack went on for a while while he could counter you in leisure.

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH
Alright dammit. Whens the show coming back? How dare they cocktease Jotaro and leave us hanging. I'm sick over this. Sick.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

David's currently busy with Neptunia, so most likely not until next year, or if we're very very lucky, during this fall.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

The current list of confirmed anime for the fall is still relatively small. I would think, right now, David is still trying to see how much they can actually get to make more JoJo. The appropriate answer is all the money but I'm sure budget negotiations are part of why we haven't heard anything yet. Aside from Neptunia.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ryaomon posted:

I could see KC working as teleports and counters. In the PS2 game he just slowed down time when you did an attack so the attack went on for a while while he could counter you in leisure.
What if KC hitting the opponent makes them operate under lag conditions?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Perigryn posted:

What if KC hitting the opponent makes them operate under lag conditions?

Wouldn't that be more appropriate for Gold Experience?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Being hit by KC pauses the game and leads to a prolonged debate on just how his powers are supposed to work. Whoever cannot deal with that tedious argument anymore and leaves loses the match.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kuroyama posted:

Wouldn't that be more appropriate for Gold Experience?
You've got a point there..

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 30, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Next trailer announced:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Uznare posted:

Animation:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (OVA 1993-2000): Animated adaptation of part 3 that came out in two blocks, the first one covering the second half and the second one covering the first half. Don't watch this, it's bad.

Whaaaaaaaa? That was a fantastic series, the first and the second. Bad? Dude, the third episode of the original OVA with the card player stand was one of the most fun, tension filled things I've seen and not even a punch was thrown. It's magnificent.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

THAT episode was certainly awesome. The rest, not so much. They changed and cut out so much poo poo it's ridiculous.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Gatts posted:

Whaaaaaaaa? That was a fantastic series, the first and the second. Bad? Dude, the third episode of the original OVA with the card player stand was one of the most fun, tension filled things I've seen and not even a punch was thrown. It's magnificent.

The first OVA's saving grace is D'arby the Gambler and that's about it. The second one is irredeemable trash.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Word on the street is that the new ASB trailer is going to be 10 minutes long. :woop:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tobaccrow posted:

Word on the street is that the new ASB trailer is going to be 10 minutes long. :woop:

This just made the nine day wait go from painful to unendurable. Gah. But this is out in August, right? And PS3s aren't region-locked? I can hold out that long.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A ten-minute trailer for what's undoubtedly gonna be just showing new characters and story stuff is gonna be pretty obnoxious. I'm not saying I'm against the idea of seeing the new characters in motion, but if literally none of that 10 minutes is going to be showing off the game mechanics and I am going to be annoyed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

A ten-minute trailer for what's undoubtedly gonna be just showing new characters and story stuff is gonna be pretty obnoxious. I'm not saying I'm against the idea of seeing the new characters in motion, but if literally none of that 10 minutes is going to be showing off the game mechanics and I am going to be annoyed.

It probably will. Along with the new characters.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I am currently on Part 5 and I vote these for the most :black101: scenes in manga so far

Also Notorious B.I.G. and Grateful Dead are perfect examples of how Araki incorporates horror elemnts.

And ~HAPPY TORTURE DANCE~

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

fatherboxx posted:

I am currently on Part 5 and I vote these for the most :black101: scenes in manga so far

Wait until you get to Green Day.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mista does the torture dance in the new game. Also I noticed that all of your picture involve Narancia. I am guessing you like him.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Part 5 has the best ensemble cast of any of the parts, which is good because Giorno couldn't carry any other part worth a poo poo.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Mr. Maltose posted:

Part 5 has the best ensemble cast of any of the parts, which is good because Giorno couldn't carry any other part worth a poo poo.

I don't get it, why would you expect a secondary character to carry a part? The real question is if Bruno could do so(the answer is yes)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I heard that quite a bit of Giorno's personalty was lost in translation does anyone know if there is any basis for this.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 1, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Considering the quality of the rest of the translation, it wouldn't surprise me.

molokidan
Apr 22, 2010
Trust me, Giorno's character is just as boring in Japanese. I think people are in agreement that Parts 3 and 5 of Jojo have relatively stoic/lackluster main characters, but I'm curious about the general consensus for Part 7.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

molokidan posted:

I think people are in agreement that Parts 3 and 5 of Jojo have relatively stoic/lackluster main characters

Hell no, Jotaro is the best Jojo.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

molokidan posted:

Trust me, Giorno's character is just as boring in Japanese. I think people are in agreement that Parts 3 and 5 of Jojo have relatively stoic/lackluster main characters, but I'm curious about the general consensus for Part 7.

Part 7 has great characters all around. Both Gyro and Johnny are very well-developed.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

molokidan posted:

I found the stand users of the week in part 7 to be a little less memorable than normal, but Johnny and Gyro and their development and relationship was so great I didn't care.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Part 7 is the greatest because it's one of the greatest Road Trip/Buddy Cop Duo comics ever made.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

6-minutes of showing off the Gold Experience Box.

boom boom boom posted:

I found the stand users of the week in part 7 to be a little less memorable than normal, but Johnny and Gyro and their development and relationship was so great I didn't care.
I kinda feel like Araki only put stands in this part because someone above him flipped a poo poo like "Jojo has to have stands!" and he was like "OK. Fine."

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Well, I have finished Part V and my reaction is mostly

Visually, King Crimson is one of my favorite stands so far - he always looks so angry, just like his owner.
Green Day was really freaky and creative, as were the Requiem mutations.
Magneto aint got no poo poo on Risotto Nero.
My main problem with Part V is that Araki can't operate with the "team on the adventure" template - most enemies that the gang faces are solo or duo threats and battles turn into one-on-one standoffs while other people just stand nearby helplessly. Guess I am spoiled with One Piece where on every "stage" each member of the team faces its own foe or threat, so nobody gets the short end.
Bodyswitching shenanigans are going to be really fun animated - perfect opportunity for voice actors to have fun and imitate each other.
Giorno is a jerk, Bruno is the real protagonist as far as I am concerned.

I love how every other chapter there is shameless trivia dump like "There were many cases of split personalities throughout the ages like that Brazilian boy with 10 personalities at once" or "did you know there exists a flesh-eating mold that activates on certain altitude?", they just work in Jojo. I wonder how frequent they become with Araki discovering Wikipedia.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, a big problem with Jojo is that every time a new stand user shows up, they incapacitate or make useless 90% of the cast, forcing the only person not affected by a broken stand into a one on one fight. Part 5 is probably the biggest offender in this regard and so is Part 3, at least in Part 6 the cast is pruned down a bit and they are seperate from one another so that a series of one on one fights makes more sense.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Part 5 also gave the main cast pretty restrained stands powerlevel wise other than Gold Experience and Purple Haze which only showed up once anyway. I'm pretty sure part of the reason Araki has Fugo leave the cast is because it'd be hard to make up excuses for Purple Haze not killing every adversary.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

molokidan posted:

Um no, Jotaro loving rules and I will get into an internet argument with anyone who says otherwise.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Um no, Jotaro loving rules and I will get into an internet argument with anyone who says otherwise.

Jotaro is a badass, but he's really boring when he's not messing dudes up. As far as personality go I think I personally like young Joseph the best.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 2, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Jotaro is a super interesting and deep character...

In parts 4 and 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I think he's only interesting in later parts because he was "boring" in Part 3. Part 6 especially, because we see the downsides of being a stone-cold badass all the time. He thinks the best way to raise his daughter in a world of vampires and super combat ghosts is to basically just ignore her and hope things work out, which they most certainly don't.

If we didn't have the establishment of his character in Part 3, it wouldn't have been as interesting.

• Locked thread