Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Approved, from my cell phone. Life's been loving crazy hence the lack of updates. Will fix contracts tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I'm a bit confused about trading future draft picks. In the trade screen, it lists picks from 2014, 2015, and 2016, and I understand that these aren't for rookie drafts (which are tracked separately). But hasn't the 2014 draft already happened? What happens if I trade picks labeled as 2014? If I want to trade picks for the next draft, before the next season, is that the one labeled 2015?

edit: Also, just a friendly reminder to set Golden Tate's contract to 5 years when you have a chance. Thanks!

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 16, 2014

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

Forever_Peace posted:

I'm a bit confused about trading future draft picks. In the trade screen, it lists picks from 2014, 2015, and 2016, and I understand that these aren't for rookie drafts (which are tracked separately). But hasn't the 2014 draft already happened? What happens if I trade picks labeled as 2014? If I want to trade picks for the next draft, before the next season, is that the one labeled 2015?

edit: Also, just a friendly reminder to set Golden Tate's contract to 5 years when you have a chance. Thanks!

I would assume so, yes. However, Alucard will be best placed to answer this. Although it seems I've traded every future pick my franchise has, I've never done it through the site.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Yeah, I think some fuckery happened for some reason, but 2014 draft has already happened. I wasn't about to do anything about it this year because of the fact that if you trade for a 2014 FA draft pick you deserve to be fleeced. I'll do the management stuff tomorrow unless one of the other commishes wants to give it a shot. Life has been really crazy the last month.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Contracts will have to wait another day, just got home...

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My starting RBs are Hill and Rainey. I will do nasty things for a top RB. Or trade a WR.

Andio
May 10, 2004

jabro posted:

My starting RBs are Hill and Rainey. I will do nasty things for a top RB. Or trade a WR.

AP is available ;)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Andio posted:

AP is available ;)

I would rather only start a kicker on my team than be anywhere near him.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Really glad I pulled the trigger on trading him for Megatron.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Soulful Power Ballads, the site wouldn't let me give a reason for rejecting the trade. I need Jones for this week's games but we can discuss a trade next week if you want.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

jabro posted:

The Soulful Power Ballads, the site wouldn't let me give a reason for rejecting the trade. I need Jones for this week's games but we can discuss a trade next week if you want.

Sure thing. I'll get in touch again after the weekend.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
I would like to take a moment and thank Jamaal Charles and Andy Reid for my win this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Backno posted:

I would like to take a moment and thank Jamaal Charles and Andy Reid for my win this week.

I would like to thank the schedule.

Andio
May 10, 2004

I'm just thankful I gave away my second round rookie pick in a year I'm one of the worst teams in the league.

It's fantastic.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Sure thing. I'll get in touch again after the weekend.

and stop trying to sell me your old fuckers for my young studs :argh:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

my lovely cat posted:

and stop trying to sell me your old fuckers for my young studs :argh:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Antonio Gates is only like 27 in people years, and the over/under for his retirement is somewhere around the heat death of the universe.

But if you're not interested you're not interested! Sorry if you found an offer insulting - I do try to be fair, and was under the impression that goons were less inclined to call it quits on old guys.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Andio posted:

I'm just thankful I gave away my second round rookie pick in a year I'm one of the worst teams in the league.

It's fantastic.

Wow, your best player is a 35 year old receiver. Sorry man, but I still don't regret stealing dez bryant from you, and I get marvin jones back this week!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can we get that trade processed, pretty please.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How the hell am I 3-1.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Holy poo poo! I won!!

Also, I miss Alucard. Things are quiet now he's busy.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Man, I just can't catch a break. 2nd most points scored (behind Alucard), and I'm 1 and 4. Looks like the AFC is the competitive conference?

Though I certainly didn't do myself any favors by electing for the -11 points from the Bengals rather than the 13 points from Houston.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forever_Peace posted:

Man, I just can't catch a break. 2nd most points scored (behind Alucard), and I'm 1 and 4. Looks like the AFC is the competitive conference?

Though I certainly didn't do myself any favors by electing for the -11 points from the Bengals rather than the 13 points from Houston.

You picked fine.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If it's any consolation, I benched Brady in all the leagues I could because of that Bengals d.

Andio posted:

Holy poo poo! I won!!

Also, I miss Alucard. Things are quiet now he's busy.

I'm still around, I just can't check the threads from work anymore so I only tend to respond when there's more activity, and I reply in the evenings.

Also, drat you for marvin jones, that guy just can't stay healthy!

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 8, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The fact that I am 4-1 is all the proof you need that fantasy is stupid.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Wish I could see The Flint Tropics face when he realizes T.Y Hilton is on his bench for Cooks on a bye.

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014

Backno posted:

Wish I could see The Flint Tropics face when he realizes T.Y Hilton is on his bench for Cooks on a bye.

:(

Although I would've selected the three guys above him anyway! T.Y is always available for trade :)

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Welcome to the Weird League.

In all seriousness I'd be in favour of abolisiing divisions next year. Or going to two big ones. Even though the current system slightly helps me andm y lovely team have a chance

Andio
May 10, 2004

Something is not right with the website. It's saying I have won two games. Surely not?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

"Teams playing against Windy City" has continued its rampage through our league, stretching its lead in points scored to about 15%. Cardiac looks pretty good this year, but my money's on TPaWC to win it all.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Forever_Peace posted:

"Teams playing against Windy City" has continued its rampage through our league, stretching its lead in points scored to about 15%. Cardiac looks pretty good this year, but my money's on TPaWC to win it all.

I love how the AFC is getting crushed on points against. Would also be nice if I could play a defense that scores me some positive points...

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

One of my young running backs just got arrested for stealing underpants. Not really sure what this means for his player valuation. I just wanted to throw that out there.

From the police report: when he saw the "old guy," he knew, "Alright, y'all got me!"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Forever_Peace posted:

One of my young running backs just got arrested for stealing underpants. Not really sure what this means for his player valuation. I just wanted to throw that out there.

From the police report: when he saw the "old guy," he knew, "Alright, y'all got me!"

Still better than stealing crab legs

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 15, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Not if he got crabs from the underpants he stole.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

N: Percy Harvin is now a Jet, so he's done for the week. The news broke the day after LaFell already played, during Jordan Matthews bye.

V: Welcome to my starting lineup Cody Latimer.

Edit: oops wrong SA dynasty league

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 18, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Forever_Peace posted:

N: Percy Harvin is now a Jet, so he's done for the season.

ftfy.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Could the other commissioners accept the trade I just did. Thanks.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
approved, as long as you guys know that those are FA draft and not rookie draft picks. But I assume you do.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Backno posted:

Could the other commissioners accept the trade I just did. Thanks.

All good from me. You're aware that you're trading FA picks, right?

Still, all good.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Alucard posted:

approved, as long as you guys know that those are FA draft and not rookie draft picks. But I assume you do.

Yup. We hashed out the details on email before moving it to the site. Thanks for double-checking though! I've been poking around drafts and trades from your previous years to try to get up to speed about how to value the different picks in a contract league. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with things now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Forever_Peace posted:

Yup. We hashed out the details on email before moving it to the site. Thanks for double-checking though! I've been poking around drafts and trades from your previous years to try to get up to speed about how to value the different picks in a contract league. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with things now.

Well I will be the first to admit that I don't value picks nearly as high as some of the others.

• Locked thread