Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

keldegar posted:

top 5 fantasy QB every year he's played in the NFL. his receivers have always been poo poo. its the rushing / rushing TDs.

Yeah but at least he used to have Steve Smith. I think he'll be good and all, but Timp is really enamored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

keldegar posted:

well I already have the best team, so i was just giving you guys a chance.

I can see your strategy of your whole team off in weeks 9 and 10 working for you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

keldegar posted:

well I already have the best team, so i was just giving you guys a chance.

Also my team beats your team up for lunch money.

jabro posted:

I can see your strategy of your whole team off in weeks 9 and 10 working for you.

Honestly, tanking two weeks so you're full strength every other bye week isn't a terrible idea.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Yeah but at least he used to have Steve Smith. I think he'll be good and all, but Timp is really enamored.

If you think Steve smith is a good receiver then... can I borrow that time machine you're using?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

anime gently caress pillow posted:

timp, I just want to ask you, why do you have such a hardon for Cammy? He's immensely talented and all, but his receivers consist of a box of moth balls and some lint.

keldegar posted:

top 5 fantasy QB every year he's played in the NFL. his receivers have always been poo poo. its the rushing / rushing TDs.

Great points. I'd also add (and this is obviously harder to measure in numbers) that his attitude on and off the field is really appealing to me. He's an incredibly positive person and a very hard worker, and he's not the kind of leader to get poopy-faced if he throws an interception or fumbles the ball. Look at his performance in last season's game against the Pats to see what I mean. I dunno, I just have a ton of faith in what he can achieve.

And there's no denying I'm swayed by the fact that I'm a Panthers homer and I'll be at every home game, so watching him score TDs will be doubly exciting. I try really really hard to keep my personal emotions out of my picks, but in the case of Cam I think they're warranted.

tl;dr im gay :downs: Not really, just for cam.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Azhais is on the clock! lets get this poo poo done!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

keldegar posted:

If you think Steve smith is a good receiver then... can I borrow that time machine you're using?

I think we'll be picking Smith up off of waivers after week 1, yeah. Dunno, Cam has the worst WR corps in the league, even counting the Jets. I guess if JStew gets involved in the short passing game or something I could see Cam having a balanced year. I'll say this: Cam runs the ball, but he does it smarter than every other running QB in the league. And he's capable of stunning throws, too. It's just if nobody he throws to can actually come down with the ball, then your offense goes as far as 5 yards from scrimmage and Cam ends up in trouble.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

keldegar posted:

Azhais is on the clock! lets get this poo poo done!

Decisions decisions. Do I take the best ball approach and fill out my team's backups, or take another shot at a preseason darling?

14.11 - Tre Mason

gently caress it, I'll be without a kicker some week.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Too squeamish to take kickers, are we? Not spacejung.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacejung posted:

This man enjoys his kickers. Inspired by his leadership

15.2 - Mason Crosby

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

spacejung posted:

Dick!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Tucker for me.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Autodrafted Dan Bailey to round out my team

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
didnt realize it was best ball oh well!!!!!!!!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

motherfuckin Nick Novak up in this bitch

e: oh autodrafted back to me again so I took the Broncos D too

Varg fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 21, 2014

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
AFP was just able to pick 2, meaning he got a round 16 pick...is this not a 15 rounder?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

timp posted:

AFP was just able to pick 2, meaning he got a round 16 pick...is this not a 15 rounder?

I believe it is set to 16

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh, you mean you didn't realize that it was overall scoring team vs team? Well, now you do, but really you should have been drafting the best available player anyway!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Alright! I get a backup TE after all!

Colt Lyeria

Spoeank's up

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I ACCIDENTALLY DRAFTED ANOTHER KICKER. I just buzzed in and picked, forgetting that I had set a pre-rank.

Any way that can be undone to a DST? If we're best balling this out I don't want to get boned :ohdear:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Ill take a kicker cause I'm not going to have one lol!!

e: gently caress YO KICKAS

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

I ACCIDENTALLY DRAFTED ANOTHER KICKER. I just buzzed in and picked, forgetting that I had set a pre-rank.

Any way that can be undone to a DST? If we're best balling this out I don't want to get boned :ohdear:

I have that power (in theory). PM me a DST you want and when my pick comes up I'll fix it.

edit: or now, I suppose.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Azhais posted:

I have that power (in theory). PM me a DST you want and when my pick comes up I'll fix it.

edit: or now, I suppose.

Or after the draft!

Sorry Spoeank this is the round where 'ships are won.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Azhais posted:

Thanks.

And for the record I'm giving Legatron the boot.

THE BOOT. Get it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacejung posted:

Or after the draft!

Sorry Spoeank this is the round where 'ships are won.

Well, my concern is with the nature of the free MFL accounts post-draft it'll be locked and even I can't edit, otherwise you could play it out free by having the commish act like a waiver wire

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm being a little facetious. I would never pick on a defenseless person.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacejung posted:

I'm being a little facetious. I would never pick on a defenseless person.

Heh. I'd have waited on the pick swap if anyone else had selected but fortunately LMAO is slacking on his last pick so it was a no-op to put in the Bucs D.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I just took Flacco and puked in my mouth. Good way to end the draft.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

I just took Flacco and puked in my mouth. Good way to end the draft.

And I took the Ravens DST, leaving me kickerless week 9. :ohdear:

Now we wait for spacejung to choose mr irrelevant and bring us home.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Let's end things in style with the squad that is gonna be scoring a lot of the Browns' points.

Last year I took Knowshon Moreno with the very last pick in a league and he was my best player. This will probably happen again.

Oh neat, they have the same bye week. Hey Azhais I meant to take Buffalo. Be a pal?

spacejung fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 21, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

spacejung posted:

Oh neat, they have the same bye week. Hey Azhais I meant to take Buffalo. Be a pal?

Fine

Jokes on you tho, their entire defense was already been hurt by day 2 of training camp.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Azhais posted:

Fine

Jokes on you tho, their entire defense was already been hurt by day 2 of training camp.

If it touches Lake Erie it's good enough for me. - ancient proverb

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Saints defense gonna rock ya'll.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

So are we changing this thread to a real league thread since we're playing it out?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Gyshall posted:

Marvin Jones could be this year's Alshon Jeffery in terms of a teams WR2 stepping up and becoming a fantasy relevant WR1, IMO in my opinion IMO

I doubt it only because The Bengals are supposed to be commited to running the ball this year. I don't see Dalton throwing in the high 40s every game this year.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate that spacejung was the only one to add draft comments for every single one of his picks. I also didn't notice until now that he took the two of the highest rated kickers back to back. Dick move indeed, sir! :mad:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Yeah that was so stupid I couldn't resist. I'm curious to see if that will be remotely worth it in any way over an extra WR or a slightly better defense.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

Yeah that was so stupid I couldn't resist. I'm curious to see if that will be remotely worth it in any way over an extra WR or a slightly better defense.

I took an extra kicker instead of a defense since the kicker I chose had a better chance of scoring more points any given week than any of the defenses left.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

I took an extra kicker instead of a defense since the kicker I chose had a better chance of scoring more points any given week than any of the defenses left.

Where did you take Moreno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

Where did you take Moreno?

Like round 10 or 11.