Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

prefect posted:

i'm hoping san franciso is launched into outer space by the springing-up of the land, leaving behind only yosposters and rice-a-roni

rice-a-roni: san fran's first disruptive business (intestinal)

that joke wasn't nearly good enough to warrant a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

CoolCab posted:

where can two hundred and forty cubic kilometers of water go? are there great big, hundreds of times the size of the bay sinkholes of drained aquifers, miles and miles of loose and unsettled rock sitting somewhere under la, waiting to make the big earthquake even bigger?
distributed evenly over california's surface, 240 cubic kilometres of water would be half a millimetre deep

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
it's a lot of water but california's really big

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

computer parts posted:

fish is fish, birds are birds

cats really don't like beef or pork though, like they'll eat it but only because it's still edible

i have this one fat cat that will eat anything you leave open on the counter like a dog or something

i left the top off my butter dish on the kitchen counter while i was at the table eating a meal and when i came back he had licked down length of the stick of butter until it was like 1/2 of its original thickness, thats like 4 tablespoons of butter in a cat.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kwinkles posted:

i have this one fat cat that will eat anything you leave open on the counter like a dog or something

i left the top off my butter dish on the kitchen counter while i was at the table eating a meal and when i came back he had licked down length of the stick of butter until it was like 1/2 of its original thickness, thats like 4 tablespoons of butter in a cat.

cats will eat some weird poo poo

apparently if your cat is having appetite issues you're supposed to give them some of that canned pumpkin that you use to make pumpkin pies, they eat it right up

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

computer parts posted:

apparently if your cat is having appetite issues you're supposed to give them some of that canned pumpkin that you use to make pumpkin pies, they eat it right up
same with dogs.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
cats is some high strung motherfuckers. I've never seen a dog refuse a meal of anything remotely edible.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

dogs are omnivores so can eat just about anything, cats are pure carnivores so can't handle much other than the meat they're supposed to eat

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i have taht game its kinda fun

or was when i was in elem or middle school

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster posted:

dogs are omnivores so can eat just about anything, cats are pure carnivores so can't handle much other than the meat they're supposed to eat

dog can eat what cats poo poo out which makes them the superior animal

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

dog can eat what cats poo poo out which makes them the superior animal

eating poo poo = something hp thinks is cool and superior

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
dung beetles

the superiorest

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

the only thing more efficient than eating poo poo is not making GBS threads at all

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

mountain view is taking its toll

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

much like their labtops

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

i'm hoping san franciso is launched into outer space by the springing-up of the land, leaving behind only yosposters and rice-a-roni

as long as i'm exempt i'm cool with this.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the only thing more efficient than eating poo poo is not making GBS threads at all

yospos bicth

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

coffeetable posted:

distributed evenly over california's surface, 240 cubic kilometres of water would be half a millimetre deep

a five mile sphere is easier to visualize.

the metric system distributed evenly over any surface leads to communism

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
remember in dragon ball where goku had to chase a monkey on king kai's tiny planet that was about that size, and with 100 times the earth's gravitational pull?

the monkeys name was bubbles.

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
mods please ban anime person

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

mods please ban everyone

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Izumi Konata posted:

remember in dragon ball where goku had to chase a monkey on king kai's tiny planet that was about that size, and with 100 times the earth's gravitational pull?

the monkeys name was bubbles.

normally this would be a ban but it was followed up by advocacy of the imperial system of measurement so I'm gonna call it a wash

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
thanks rotor

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
*pins yet another note to corkboard wall covered in newspaper clippings, photos, maps and palm press releases proving that rotor is shaggar*

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

*pins yet another note to corkboard wall covered in newspaper clippings, photos, maps and palm press releases proving that rotor is shaggar*

hholy poo poo, putin in a breadhat. lf much?

your avatar is immaculate.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

counterpoint: lotus notes, silver light

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
my avatar is a dietary statement, not a political one

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

rotor posted:

counterpoint: lotus notes, silver light

if you think this will throw me off the trail you've got another thing coming, shagtor

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
yall need to calm down about california, god will rapture us all before we run out of water

the earthquakes and droughts are just signs of the end times :)

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
i can't wait till it's raining bloood in california.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

i can't wait till it's raining bloood in california.

slayer is a californian band :aaa:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i only poo poo white-hot balls of healing light

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
just for the record, 240 cubic kilometers is only half the amount of water in lake erie, which is the smallest of the great lakes.

just you loving watch

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
if you bring in water it will poison the sandworms and we won't get any more melange

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

just for the record, 240 cubic kilometers is only half the amount of water in lake erie, which is the smallest of the great lakes.

just you loving watch

only large enough to be the 22nd largest fresh water body in the world that's all

or in the top ten largest in north america

or also any of the americas

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
yeah i don't really know if i was being facetious or serious or not. it's a mind boggling amount of water that has been lost, and there is also a mind boggling amount of fresh water in the great lakes that people in the area don't really think about. i grew up right on the shore of lake ontario and the attitude we had was "ugh, lake effect snow sucks and it's probably all polluted, don't go in there"

yet it's 1600 cubic kilometers of fresh water that is practically clean enough to drink as long as you don't care about the occasional case of giardia. half the world would kill for that.

probably the most inherently valuable resource on the planet

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the earth is a closed water loop, no water has been lost.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah but it gets all salty and gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sagebrush posted:

i grew up right on the shore of lake ontario and the attitude we had was "ugh, lake effect snow sucks and it's probably all polluted, don't go in there"

we used to say this about erie but thankfully ontario was just a few km north so that was the swimmin' hole half the time when erie was gross as hell.

• Locked thread