Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Note that it's just one of many Sunrise production studios listed. As a whole they do fine, they own Gundam and Love Live after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bad Seafood posted:

I was gonna watch anime tonight but instead I've chosen to get mad at MGS3's European Extreme Ocelot.
Ugh, finally.

Now for everyone's favorite bee farmer.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Strange Quark posted:

Pretend I posted the modern-day sweatshop screen cap from Gintama again.

oh right, that.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Fruits Basket is probably my favorite romance shoujo anime, but the manga is better and continues way beyond the anime. Actually, I think most of my love for it is due to the manga, so maybe just read that.
The show has fantastic music and comedic timing, and is often really well directed (especially the "Yuki fanclub visits Hana's house" episode, which is very Shinbou-esque). Everything up to the last half of the final episode enhances the source material.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I concur. The main (only?) issue I have with it is that it's only a third of the story.

I also really like that they went to the effort of dubbing the OP, though the dub as a whole was merely OK.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sunrise studio 9 is responsible for a range of stuff such as Daily Lives of High School Boys, Binbogami and Aikatsu, only the latter of which was in any way popular in Japan and that got switched to a different studio after the first season.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It is a great tragedy that High School Boys wasn't popular.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had a good birthday yesterday but sadly there was no huge party with all the anime characters together

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pikachu Pancakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaPFk-p1ZN8

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
So being in the very tiny group of people that liked Angel Beats, it made me rather happy that a second OVA is coming out.

Oh Snapalope fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 28, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not gonna eat that

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hello anime thread, how is your summer going so far?

I remembered that my crunchy roll account can be used for more than just Jojo.

Durarara! is interesting, though I dunno if I care about it yet. I think the dub is a little irritating.

Hunter x Hunter won me over immediately, but it also makes me want to go back and watch Yu Yu Hakusho. I wonder if I'd still like it today?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I still think the Hunter Exam arc is the best arc of Hunter x Hunter.

The whole show is good, but those first 26 episodes really just hooked me.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It is a great tragedy that High School Boys wasn't popular.

That's the title of my LN

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nms8yCG30d0

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I want the chat thread to be a friendly, welcoming place to discuss things barely tangentially related to anime.

:agreed:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I concur. The main (only?) issue I have with it is that it's only a third of the story.

I also really like that they went to the effort of dubbing the OP, though the dub as a whole was merely OK.
I actually rather disliked Fruits Basket for quite a while primarily because I could not get into the anime. It wasn't until years later when I read the manga that I came around to thinking it was one of the better shoujos ever made. To be fair though I don't really blame the anime for that as much as I blame the first third of FB's story just not being that good compared to the later arcs.

Don't read Kare Kano's manga, it's not worth your time. The anime is great though.

If you're going to watch one particular version of Nodame Cantabile I recommend the live-action.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

this is why we don't let normies anywhere near serious studies of anime history. i'm not even asking for a proto-Monster Musume angle, but are they really going to just ignore a useful analytical tool like the Catgirl Spectrum?

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Also I hate to be reactionary scum, but the tradition answer of "a Toji" is way snappier than this mess. It is the superior version of the myth.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Jostiband posted:

this is why we don't let normies anywhere near serious studies of anime history. i'm not even asking for a proto-Monster Musume angle, but are they really going to just ignore a useful analytical tool like the Catgirl Spectrum?

Teach me more about catgirl rectums.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Worst Girl posted:

Hunter x Hunter won me over immediately, but it also makes me want to go back and watch Yu Yu Hakusho. I wonder if I'd still like it today?

I still enjoy it until it turns out yuske is half demon and kuwabara gets benched because he's an inferior human.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Kuwabara literally has the most powerful ability in the while show but he's just not fast enough to hit any S class demons with it.. :qq:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry, I'm afraid it turns out that anime is actually bad. Please return to your designated posting areas.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Fly away little troll.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Namtab posted:

The LP subforum is oversaturated and full of bad posters but it's literally the only thing people still reg for so...

I don't think anyone registers for this site for any reason anymore.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I don't think anyone registers for this site for any reason anymore.

Gunky Junket.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

littleorv posted:

I need to watch Lucky Star one of these days.

It's great

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone once told me that Lucky Star was the Seinfeld of anime.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry, I'm afraid it turns out that anime is actually bad. Please return to your designated posting areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpslRxy8T0&t=75s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

His and Her Circumstances is good, if you haven't seen that. I liked the gainax end, even.

That's the only Hideaki anno work I never seen all the way through, stopped after like 4 episodes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

That gets thrown around a lot and if you've only seen the first 10 minutes and turned it off it would sound right.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

That's not fair, Lucky Star is pretty good

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kramer is definitely misao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

that's enough... too far...

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gyra_Solune posted:

Awfulness Bite

This sounds like a really powerful progress quest spell and I don't want to know what it really is

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do episodes of K-On feel like really long to anyone else? I'm not bored or anything they just seem to last for ages. Maybe I'm just tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why the gently caress are those bastards trying to horn in on honkers' cash

• Locked thread