Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna finally play the original MGS1 since I only played Twin Snakes before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'm caught up on Metal Gear Solids aside from 4, which I do not have the patience for now.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The metal gear solid 4 trailer makes me want to play it!

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

zen death robot posted:

MGS4 is really good

I really enjoyed the gameplay, although I thought there were a few too many forced shoot out bits

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't like MGS4.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
every part of MGS4 where your sneaking is premo poo poo,. but the non-cutscene parts where you arent sneaking are kind of gay.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The splitscreen fight with Raiden and the Gekkos wasn't done very well and Arsenal Gear is really narrow compared to the rest of the maps.

France and Shadow Moses were cool areas.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I thought that sneaking through active battlefields in Act 1 & 2 was really fun and unique. I wish more stealth games had gameplay like that.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

im gonna finally play the original MGS1 since I only played Twin Snakes before.

greetings fellow Nintendo Child

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That feel when you realise that some people were children when the GameCube was out.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That feel when you realise that some people were children when the GameCube was out.

Greetings.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I remember trying to convince my parents to get me a GameCube because I had turned 8 and was convinced I had come of age to receive my birthright of owning one.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

rediscover posted:

I remember trying to convince my parents to get me a GameCube because I had turned 8 and was convinced I had come of age to receive my birthright of owning one.

I remember buying a GameCube with my adult man's salary because I was a fully grown rear end man at that time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the GameCube for my 11th birthday with Spiderman the Movie. :whitewater:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just checked and actually I was still a child when the GameCube came out. Sorry, all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I remember buying a GameCube with my adult man's salary because I was a fully grown rear end man at that time.

Same but the Playstation 4.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got the GameCube for my 11th birthday with Spiderman the Movie. :whitewater:

Bruce Campbell should voice every tutorial level.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Same but the Playstation 4.

Same

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

zen death robot posted:

MGS4 is really good

I wish the gameplay parts were longer, but I guess that's what MGSV is for.

I loved Twin Snakes but it wasn't until the first controllable section of the game that I realized it wasn't MGS2 on the gamecube but a remake of MGS1 and I was even happier because I never got to play MGS1 because I didn't have a PS1.

In college I bought a used PS2 just so I could play MGS 2 and 3.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you think you don't need to play the original mgs bc you played twin snakes, have i got news for you.....

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

My darkest gaming secret is that I've completed Twin Snakes but I haven't played more than the first 20 minutes of the original.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Twin Snakes is really good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress all twin snakes haters

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's not bad... but it's not the same, and you should play both if you have the time.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Twin Snakes makes Solid Snake into the same person as Raiden in terms of physical style and that really undercuts both characters imho. I second that both games have merit but if you only play one in your life I think it should be the original.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Fumaofthelake posted:

Twin Snakes makes Solid Snake into the same person as Raiden in terms of physical style and that really undercuts both characters imho. I second that both games have merit but if you only play one in your life I think it should be the original.

Solid Snake is Donkey Kong and Raiden is Diddy Kong

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

As a Millennial I posted:

it's not bad... but it's not the same, and you should play both if you have the time.

I watched a friend play it when I was in middle school while I played Pokemon.

Fumaofthelake posted:

I like the fan theory that twin snakes was just a VR training mission that raiden was doing

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Action Tortoise posted:

Solid Snake is Donkey Kong and Raiden is Diddy Kong

"There can only be one 'Donkey' and one 'Cranky Kong!'" - Solidus "Funky" Snake

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
can't say I really dig the cutscenes in Peace Walker

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

mycophobia posted:

can't say I really dig the cutscenes in Peace Walker

they get better and start to grow on you as the story picks up

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Hot Coldman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pacifica Ocean

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ok what the hell is hot coldman. ive played all the metal gear games and I don't know what that is. who is hot coldman.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

ok what the hell is hot coldman. ive played all the metal gear games and I don't know what that is. who is hot coldman.

He's the main villain of Peace Walker who casually mentions that he's retroactively responsible for almost everything that happens in MGS3, which makes him one of the most plot significant antagonists spanning the entire series.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hot Coldman.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

He's the main villain of Peace Walker who casually mentions that he's retroactively responsible for almost everything that happens in MGS3, which makes him one of the most plot significant antagonists spanning the entire series.

I do not remember that part, I just remember his ridiculously stupid name.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I remember about the Peace Walker story is the final boss, Strangelove being a dumbass character and when the guy from MGS3 who tried to shake Snake's hand in the White House appears in the war room in PW and talks poo poo about how he's still upset about it 10 years later.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
strangelove is kool.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl5yw905gww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

lol drat. it's been a long time since i played pw

• Locked thread