Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
2hp twice? Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has killed Sarevok. Baldurs Gate 1 is finished.

First, the Aec'Letec worshipping cult. The only dangerous opponent in the 1st ambush is the Cult Enforcer, who has and can use a Wand of Frost. Equipping the Belt of Antipode dealt with that, and by the time he was alone he'd ran out of spells and wasn't really a threat.

Why didn't you say so earlier? :argh:

Similar to the 1st fight, but with an added Wizard with a Wand of Paralysis. This is tougher than the first fight, but not overly so. Again, I left the Enforcer until last.

For Aec'Letec himself, first I lured him upstairs to get him out of the way and killed the cultists without the hassle of avoiding a Nabassu. Once they were dead, I lured him back downstairs. Even without his backup, this was a really tough fight. Aec'Letec hits really hard and his Vampiric Touch spells can do more than 30 damage, on Core. Despite having to run around to use healing potions several times, I eventually managed to kill him.

You're welcome pal.

Onto the Undercity, I avoided the Iron Throne ambush and talked my way past Tamoko. Killing her didn't feel right for some reason.

Yeah, I went a bit overboard with the buffs. Wasn't going to use them for anything else though.

In SCS, you have to kill all four of Sarevok's followers before he is killable. Angelo foolishly rushed me alone and was killed easily. Then I killed Diarmid, JamesSemaj and finally Tazok. Once Sarevok was alone, he died with little trouble.

Stat sheets from right before the final battle. I don't know why it says the Silver Dagger for favourite weapon, I only killed 4 things with it.

Honours earned.
Ironling, Strategist, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Melee Champion, Conan the Bhaalspawn, Honourable Trader, Battlemaster, A God Among Men.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 7, 2016

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I could not have resisted the temptation to remove the exp cap, if I had been doing a solo run.

As for the Silver Dagger, perhaps by "Favourite Weapoin" it means "the one that you think is the prettiest". The one that you like to carry around in towns and cities because people admire it and compliment you on it.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Way to go Ilyich! Was that our first strategist victory?

And drat, Bhaal Jr is a heck of a survivor.

I've still been playing, but not iron-man style. I kept running Hammer after his death and took him to BG2, just so I could get a feel for it and hopefully do better when actually ironmanning it. The downside? BG2 is suck a blast that I'm kinda sick of BG1 now and I might not get a second guy to victory. Oh well! When the time comes I'm sure Doug will do fine. I haven't done the Paladin stronghold in ages.

I still can't beat Firkragg without tons of reloading, though. I wonder if I'll ever beat a dragon Ironman style.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The RNG Goon Squad could tell you such tales of the Sword Coast!

Thanks to Shandalar of Ulgoth's Beard, the Squad take in the sights of the Sea of Moving Ice, evicting a few squatters with hit and fade tactics.

Then a voyage to picturesque Werewolf Isle. It seems greater wolfweres aren't very good against wands of paralyzation.

So, the party has lycanthropy. (Checks alignments) This is fine. Shut up, Banjo, this is fine.

However, on the Squad's return, Selaad welches on the deal.

Wait, did they just cure that lycanthropy? poo poo. Easy come, easy go.

Onto Durlag's Tower. No prizes for guessing who died to the fireballs from the Cambion in the atrium. :argh:

"Trapped altar in a desecrated chapel within an abandoned deathtrap fortress? Lathander will be perfectly okay with this, Banjo."

Ten gets the first demon kill for the squad.

The Warder battle. Bhaal Jr picks them off piecemeal and leads them into the meatgrinder. Ten totally obliterates Fear, Donald Trump and Kevin Bacon rid themselves of Pride, Bhaal Junior shows Kevin that Love is a stolen kill, and Ruti, forsaker of magic items, ensures a lack of Avarice.

Bhaal Jr, will you please stop getting into near-death crises? He steps on a repeating damage trap, and avoids ending the run only through his potion-chugging skills as Banjo casts a cure.

Using a scroll, Donald Trump creates a toxic atmosphere which results in a lot of people getting hurt and makes a mockery of fair play.

Bhaal Jr kills the demon knight, but it is Donald Trump who wins the battle and saves the stunned Rutiga from death and missing out on the kill exp, thanks to that wand of paralyzation. Durlag's Tower is toppled by the Squad. Which leaves...

The squad draws Aec towards the stairs, then Bhaal Jr sneaks in and slingshots all the cultists to death from the shadows.

Everyone piles back downstairs and swarms the demon, with all the front line that can use magic items with freedom of movement. Naturally Rutiga gets held and death gazed, but Kevin Bacon saves the day and notches up a Nabassu kill.

Next stop fratricide.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Congrats, Ilyich! Dostngosp is one of the longest-running characters in this thread so it was good to see him make it to the end.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A melee champ strategist God among men run? I take my hat off to you! Looking forward to seeing Dostngosp in Chateau Irenicus.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks guys. To be honest, soloing BG1 has become fairly routine for me, and Berserker is probably the easiest solo overall. This was the 1st time I've done an Ironman Berserker though.

The hardest part of BG2 will likely be the cleric levels immediately after dual-classing. If I can get past that, then it should be relatively straight forward, although the last time I won a BG2 solo run (A Firetooth dagger wielding Berserker, it was a really powerful combo) SCS was 2 seperate mods so it's been a while. I've never beaten BG2 Ironman, but I killed Bodhi last year, albeit with a full party, so hopefully I'll make it that far at least.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has escaped Chateau Irenicus and reached the Copper Coronet.

In the SCS version of CI, the groups of goblins are replaced by groups of 4 Duergar. They're a lot stronger than the goblins, but nothing like as strong as the ones in Tactics, and I made fairly short work of each group (Although their hits do add up quite quickly, fortunately there are more than enough potions) thanks to a +3 Mace from Imoen's Enchanted Weapon spell.

There's no need for that, you ungrateful cow. :colbert:

Unlike Tactics, SCS leaves Ilyich alone, and he's a complete pushover as a result. The biggest threat here was the number of enemies. I got the Chainmail +3 from my namesake's corpse. It's increased protection made the remaining fights a lot less stressful.

The Cambion didn't put up much of a fight, thanks to a timely interrupt of one of his early spells. He has the Sword of Chaos in the Enhanced Edition, the genie gets a different weapon imported from BG1, in my case it was Ashideena.

My plan throughout CI was to kill as much as possible as a Berserker to get as close to 250,000 exp as I possibly could. I assumed that I would have to wait until escaping the dungeon to duel, but I underestimated how much exp there was and managed to reach my goal after resting for a second time in the dungeon. (SCS only allows one rest, all other attempts are guaranteed to be interrupted by 4 Duergar.) Once I dual-classed, I completed the acorn and genie quests to get a quick boost to my Cleric levels.

After escaping, I finished the Circus and did a little shopping, including buying a set of Full Plate. I then headed for the Slums, and reached Chapter 2.

As things stand right now, about 1/3 of the way to getting my Berserker levels back.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
The RNG Goon Squad has solved the inheritance dispute!

So, after getting Ruti raised (She lived long enough to get a share of the Aec exp), the Squad potter around for a bit, steal the idol of Kozah and aid a foul drow in a plot to wipe out some peaceful surface-dwelling Gnolls. Then they go to Baldur's Gate, storm the Flaming Fist and Iron Throne compounds, kidnap a grand duke from the one and solve Sarevok's ménage a trois by killing the one guarding his diary.

Toril's finest deductive mind at work, ladies and gents.

The world of upper tier Gate society has its own quirks and peccadilloes. Murdering a husband and wife in a whorehouse to steal their invitations to a major event is entirely acceptable.

"I'm Slythe. The tall elf with the hammer is also Slythe. as is the dim and ugly Dwarven priest of Lathander, and the half-elf bard in a toupee. The hulking half-orc barbarian and the unmagical gnome fighter are both Krystin."

"Seems legit."

Lia eats an unlucky doppelganger crit, but Belt survives and his deity has no problem lending assistance to the chaotic evil spawn of the God of Murder.

Baldur's Gate has some serious governance issues.

Bhaal Junior, that is not what I meant when I said to find the traps in this corridor. :colbert: Shadowstep to leg it out of range, rest up around the corner, then he gets it right.

The Squad maps out the undercity and arrives for the final showdown.

One last bravado-off.

Semaj teleports forward into the meatgrinder. Sarevok needs to be tempted down by Donald Trump firing an arrow of detonation once the mage is dead.

And that's enough for Bhaal Junior and Ten to hit the level cap, just in time.

Stats:

Honours Claimed: Ironling, Born Hero, Librarian, Trap Dodger, Honourable Trader, Battlemaster, Dishonour: Don't Hurt Me.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has regained his Berserker levels and bought some allies.

To gain some exp, I did some of the easier quests, like destroying the Slavers in the Slums, and exposing Mae'Var.

While exploring the sewers, I ran in to this. I think I'll pass for now.

Killing the Crypt King got me to 450,000 exp, and the level up I needed. Rightgeous Magic + Draw Upon Holy Might is such a good combo, and it will only get better as I get more levels.

:black101: As a result of this one level up, Dostngosp now has 4 attacks per round, up from 2.

Did I mention that I love Righteous Magic + DUHM. Because I do.

First time I've sided with Gaelan in several years, should be a nice change.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
The RNG Goon Squad is at loose in Athkatla!

Bhaal Jr, Banjo, Kevin Bacon and Donald Trump wake up in cages. Ten and Ruti appear to be free in the nearby portal room. Hmm...

A couple of filthy mages get hauled off to the hoosegow. Ruti is doubtless pleased.

Hello, Gorch. That's a nice pile of gold you got there.

Bhaal Junior has a firm and trustworthy handshake.

Suitably geared up, the Squad go help evict some squatters.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Floog the Beastmaster Kills Tranzig

So back in Nashkel, Nimbul's brilliant ambush is foiled by his walking into a bunch of guards. Rasaad actually killsteals him from Imoen before she can finish him off.

East, Dorn's necromancer girlfriend tries to sic the Walking Dead on us but comes up short.

Tranzig gets drubbed, although not before coming uncomfortably close to sneak killing Floog with a Magic Missile. I murder Algernon too for his cloak. No one seems to mind.

Dorn, I just gibbed a chubby old man for his cloak. Don't test me.

And then sadly I can't hit Elminster before he disappears into Thunderhammer's shop. I'll get you someday, old man!

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has destroyed Bodhi's Guild and set sail for Spellhold. Part 1 of 2.

First, a quick look at the pre-buff mode that comes with the SCS Ease-of-Use AI. It has several useful functions, although the first of these, pre-casting Stoneskin, Iron Skins and Melf's Meteors if they are memorised is unavailable to a Cleric. However, the second function enables you to instantly cast certain spells (Provided they are memorised and you're not in range of an enemy) by hotkey, for example Chaotic Commands is cast by pressing C. This is useful enough, but the ability to insta-cast spells lingers for about a round, so you can cast every other buff you have virtually instantly in a similar fashion to enemy mages and priests, then enter combat at maximum effectiveness. The spells you cast don't have to be buffs, so you can even use it to summon things like Skeleton Warriors or Aerial Servants. It's very useful, and surprisingly flexible.

Anyway, on to De'Arnise Keep. The only trolls that are any real threat are Spirit Trolls, because they can become invisible at will and reduce your strength. After a long fight, the ground floor was cleared of all trolls, the Wand of the Heavens I got from the 1st Athkatla ambush proved more than adequate for killing the beasts.

The 1st floor was cleared in a similar fashion. Yuan-Ti Mages are a surprisingly strong threat in SCS. I also managed to free Glaicus of his enchantment.

After making the Flail of Ages, I headed to the basement. Umber Hulks hit hard, but don't have that much HP. This could have been a lot worse.

I heavily pre-buffed in preparation for the fight with TorGal, and entered the final room under a Sanctuary spell. TorGal is the only enemy that can see through invisibility, so he was lured into an ambush. Nonetheless, he's extremely dangerous and put up one hell of a fight.

After his death, the rest of his minions arrived, I fled into the prison area to split the enemies up into smaller groups and make the fight less hectic. Eventually after a long fight, all the enemies were killed.

Returning to Athkatla for a brief restock, I killed Mencar and his goons.

This is getting long, so I'll put Part 2 in the next post.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has destroyed Bodhi's Guild and set sail for Spellhold. Part 2 of 2.

Next, I headed to the Umar Hills. I ran into a Lich about halfway through the Temple Ruins though, so I'll have to return later.

With the Temple Ruins off limits for now, I went to Trademeet. Ihtafeer and her two friends died quickly, overwhelmed by my buffs.

A nice statue, a fitting tribute for a hero.

Next came the Windspear Hills. The pack of vampires was reduced considerably by Turn Undead, which to my surprise does not remove Sanctuary. The 3 Ancient Vampires that survived put up a good fight however, they are still quite dangerous.

The rest of the dungeon went by without a hitch. I left Firkraag alive though, he's far too strong for me right now.

Returning to Athkatla, I killed a Marilith in the Bridge District, its added by Quest Pack I think. I reached epic levels and HLAs with this level up. While in town, I picked up a couple of weapons from Joluv. Both him and Deirdre are delayed by SCS, one appears when you reach Chapter 6, the other when you complete 4 stronghold quests or retrieve the Rhynn Lanthorn.

Bodhi's lair was a walkover, Turn Undead is pretty OP. Poor Tanova didn't even finish her pre-buff. Bodhi herself was more dangerous, but I summoned a Deva, and she eventually fled after a short fight.

Next time, Spellhold.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 15, 2016

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Floog the Beastmaster Beasts the Bandit Camp

So at Thunderhammer's, I drop nearly all of my money into this so Floog doesn't have to get near the front lines with his clubs.

Shortly thereafter, Kagain and Branwen get murdered by vampire wolves. Kagain I rez. Branwen...eh, money is suddenly tight. Let's just get Viconia instead.

That kind of kills my reputation, but on the bright side, it means I'm adopted by bandits! You'll make much better family than Gorion and my slightly daft sister!

Shortly thereafter, I accidentally make the entire bandit camp hate me by ironically enough getting caught stealing from a chest. Doesn't matter much, as Ardenor Crush and the rest all get killed letting me pop in and out of a nearby tent.

As does Raemon and his friend the mage. This is all made dirt simple by Edwin chucking Sleep at any and all bandits. It's super effective.

I don't know how smart I'd call Ardenor. He kind of let me walk all over him via the mighty tactic of moving in and out of a doorway. Anywho, camp cleared.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has escaped Spellhold and left Brynnlaw by boat.

The only fight of note outside the asylum is Perth the Adept. Planetars are very dangerous opponents, but they are not invincible. Perth himself is nowhere near as dangerous. This was the first time I tried the Balor + Deva combo, and it worked extremely well.

After Irenicus stole Dostngosp's Soul (And his equipment, the bastard) the asylum dungeon came next. Imoen's Enchanted Weapon spell was once again extremely useful, giving me 2 +3 Maces to use. The biggest fight was this Lich. I managed to separate it from the mummies and skeleton warriors that spawn with it, they were no threat. The same combo that dealt so well with Perth also won here, although the Lich did last a lot longer before dying.

After escaping the dungeon, Lonk the Sane proved his name is a complete lie by attempting to beat Dostngosp in melee combat. It went about as well as you would expect.

The fight with Irenicus went fairly smoothly, although without my Balor the Planetar was a bit more dangerous. The Balor would have probably done something silly like eat Dradeel anyway. Irenicus ended up wasting his other HLAs on Tiax, who somehow survived a Dragon's Breath from point-blank range. Didn't survive the Comet though.

Leaving the island proved to be simple. Desharik is inexplicably worth 11,000 XP, hes not even dangerous.

Next time, Sahuagin.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
New Entry! Babbies first Ironman attempt. I've never done anything remotely like this, I've always savescummed the poo poo out of Baldur's Gate. So naturally I've gone with Core Rules difficulty and a full team of min/maxed superheroes.

The adventures of Bowina, Elven Archer. (I figured I wanted some fighter HP survivability and someone not on the front lines for the protagonist)

Her backup dancers: Big Joe, Human Inquisitor, and Sword Guy, Half-Orc Berserker

Special Effects Team: Batman, (Female) Half-Orc Cleric/Thief, T-Bone, Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist, and Wagglefinger, Elven Sorceror.

The heroes handily defeat their nemesis.

edit: fix img tags

edit 2: Made it to Nashkel and had a minor... incident with Neira in the inn. She seems immune to spell failure from taking damage, and casted Rigid Thinking on the Inquisitor. He murdered the innkeeper and a random civilian. WELP

edit3: Do Innkeepers, uhh, grow back?

edit4: :siren::siren: The chicken lives :siren::siren:

Deuce fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 26, 2016

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has smashed his way through the Underdark and reached Chapter 6.

No screenshots of the City of Caverns because it's pathetically easy in SCS, barely more difficult than vanilla. Use Tactics if you want difficult Sahuagin, it's about 100 times worse there. Only useful thing is the Cloak of Protection +2, the Cloak of Mirroring is somewhere else.

After killing both King Ixilthetocal and Prince Villynaty, I entered the Underdark. This group of Drow was killed very quickly, very little can stand up to a buffed Dostngosp now.

Even the Balor in the gnome village was no threat. The early quests in Ust Natha were little problem, rescuing Phaere was made easy by use of the usual buffs.

Alchra Diagott on the other hand, was. For a time anyway. Once his Planetar died though, his death was only a matter of time.

Dierex was not so lucky, and died before his pre-buff even finished. Serves him right, he started it.

The Jae'llat household was a slaughter. Once I got my Deva and Balor summoned, they had no chance. The Balor in particular showed his worth here, his Remove Magic spells rendered several Mages defenceless, almost at the same instant I started to hit them. This is despite having no actual control over its actions, although it is on my side in the same way a Deva or Aerial Servant is. I couldn't have timed it any better if I'd tried a dozen times.

I chose the Kuo-Toa Prince for the blood gathering quest, its by far the easiest of the 3. While in the immediate area, I easily killed the 5 Death Knights for the Girdle of Strength.

The fight to exit the Underdark was surprisingly easy, once I seperated the Glabrezu from the rest of the enemies. Glabrezu are not a threat when you have almost 200 HP (Well above the 90 HP threshold for their Power Word Stun spells) and True Sight to remove their illusion spells. The Balor, summoned by one of the Glabrezu was also killed fairly easily. That left the HLA capable Mage as the only threat. His Comet hurt a lot, but he eventually fell.

The remaining Drow were a mere speedbump. Normally Adalon helps out with this, but I forgot to give her eggs back. Still haven't decided whether to kill her or not.

Next time, the 1st part of Chapter 6.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 28, 2016

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Bowina and Friends have flooded the Cloakwood Mines!

...but not without incident.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has finished all 8 Stronghold quests and reached the experience cap.

First, I killed Drizzt again. At least he put up a decent fight this time, in BG1 he's a chump.

:aaa: Liches are vulnerable to Turn Undead! I genuinely had no idea you could do this. Whether this will work on Kangaxx or Shangalar will remain to be seen.

Even in SCS, the Shade Lord is not really a threat if you can get past the randomly spawned Liches. He's tougher than vanilla, but immunity to Level Drain stops his most dangerous ability from working.

The Shadow Dragon is by far the easiest of the SoA Dragons to kill, since her breath does no damage, its just a temporary Level Drain and Blindness. She didn't last too long, Firkraag and Adalon will be a lot tougher.

While heading to the Cult of the Eyeless, I cleared the Sewers. Tarnor's gang was a mere speedbump, but the Mind Flayer lair was a lot more dangerous. The Alhoon in particular was a big threat, he's very dangerous in SCS. I won eventually though.

Large groups of Beholders like this one are still very dangerous, because I don't think I have a way of blocking Petrification permanently. The Anti-Magic ray will just instantly remove the protection from petrification scrolls. Luckily such large groups are rare.

I hit the exp cap here. I have no idea why Skeleton Warriors can't be turned, its a bit weird but they're not dangerous.

The Unseeing Eye was a simple kill, even his 2 Death Tyrants were little help to him.

The Planar Prison was very simple, thanks to the Warden wasting his most dangerous spells on his Thralls. He would have used them on me, but 3 Yuan-Ti Mages kept me occupied for a good while. Once I got to the Warden, he was little threat.

I didn't get any screenshots of the Planar Sphere, because nothing of any note happened. Even Tolgerias and Lavok proved to be surprisingly simple fights, despite both having access to HLAs.

Next time, the rest of the Chapter 6 sidequests.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 29, 2016

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
This should interest you peeps: http://www.siegeofdragonspear.com/

Release date set for March 31st!

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
We should create new badges for blind ironman runs. :)

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Well, with the new game out (I failed my intelligence roll and bought the collectors edition because I want that cloth map), and missing the old NPC talks, I've started again. Comstar IX is going on a rest for the time being.

Comstar X the half elven ranger begins her quest.

Just look at those stats! 96!!! I have never seen such a high stat character. Only took a minute of rerolls.

While in Berghost, she meet a crazy wild mage who cast colour spray on everyone. She though that sleeping body was one of the red wizards of Thay's guards...turns it out was a peasant. Mistakes Were Made but it turned out killing an innocent only counts for 4 points of reputation.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 5, 2016

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has finished all the available sidequests in Chapter 6.

Turn Undead dealt with the non-named Liches in Athkatla as expected. The only concern was a summoned Planetar, but it eventually died after a short fight.

In the Twisted Rune, Shangalar and the Vampire were killed by Turn Undead. The Beholder (An Elder Orb in SCS) lasted a long time and was the only real threat here as it turned out. Layene failed to cast a single dangerous spell and died with a whimper.

The Guarded Compound proved to be surprisingly difficult, although once I reduced the numbers a little the fight became more managable. It took long enough that the HLA-capable Sion even ran out of spells.

Due to his immunity to Turn Undead, Kangaxx was a very tough fight, particularly the 1st part against his Lich form. Eventually, the Demi-Lich ran out of his most dangerous spells and died to Crom Faeyr.

Firkraag was a tougher fight than Adalon, despite Adalon's much higher HP. (762 vs 552 according to EEKeeper) Their attacks hurt, but some well-timed uses of Improved Haste allowed me to do a lot of damage very quickly.

The Mind Flayer city was not difficult. The groups of Mind Flayers are all fairly small, and Chaotic Commands lasts an incredibly long time, so I only had to refresh it once.

Lastly, the Beholder Hive. Aside from the small group of Mind Flayers, the only creature that can see through invisibility is the Hive Mother. I took advantage of this to lure it away from the nearby group of Beholders and kill it alone. Once I killed it, I had the ability to pick fights with the remaining Beholders at will. The final 3 groups in the Hive were all close enough to each other to get involved if I engaged any one of them in combat. They were killed by running in, taking advantage of the Anti-Magic Ray blocking literally everything (Including other Beholder rays) to get a free round of hassle free combat, then retreating once it wore off under invisibility. It took a long time, but killing the Beholders one or two at a time like this was relatively simple.

Next time, Bodhi.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Comstar posted:

Comstar X the half elven ranger begins her quest.

Just look at those stats! 96!!! I have never seen such a high stat character. Only took a minute of rerolls.

I thought I'd head over to Gullykin where a mod has put Alora, as I've never used her and BGEE fixed her lucky rabbits foot to make her the BEST thief in the game.

Hey, while I'm passing Firewine Bridge, I might as well pick up the gloves that give bonus damage and thac0.

...what a waste of a 96 point stat line. Comstar X the half elven ranger died after going against a Sicilian when death is on the line. I should have seen that one coming. Next time I'll just commit my land armies to Asia!

Speaking of committing land armies to Khura-Tur...Comstar OneElven the Ranger. An even more handsome half elf than the last one! 97 in stat's - rangers seem overpowered. I know Gygax's son's played Wizards which explains a hell of a lot, did they play Aragorn too?

On his first real fight, he executed Plan Alpha- EVERYBODY PANIC

The guards then beat up Assassin #3 but not before he got off a triple blast magic missile that hit Xzar.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 7, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Bhaal Junior has carked it in the Planar Prison:

He got separated into a sub-cell and confused at just the wrong moment. :(

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

And what of his companions?

What became of Rudi???

:saddowns:

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 7, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

AJ_Impy posted:

:rip: noble RNG squad. :(

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Cathode Raymond posted:

And what of his companions?

What became of Rudi???

:saddowns:

Rutiga is frozen in time, looking mournfully at the rod of resurrection in her hand, locked beneath the 'instruction to load or quit, for all eternity

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

:sigh:

I was ready to sully forth, take down the Iron Throne, and brain Sarevok.

loving Wyverns

Edit: RIP Shawluck II

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Mar 8, 2016

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Rutiga is frozen in time, looking mournfully at the rod of resurrection in her hand, locked beneath the 'instruction to load or quit, for all eternity

The gods of BG are cruel indeed.

:rip: Goon Squad

:rip: Rutiga

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar OneElven the Ranger reached Nashkell without getting killed and asked the man with a hamster to join him. Who then got KILLED in his first battle vs a BABY Wyvern, and then again in his next battle against Greywolf. I hope his witch is worth resurrecting him every 5 minutes!

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has beat the poo poo out of Bodhi and reached Suldanesselar.

Killing the rest of the vampires was done by literally walking around making Bodhi's minions explode with Turn Undead. Easiest thing I've done all game.

Bodhi herself is improved by SCS, although not to the same extent of Tactics. Even so, she had no chance against a fully buffed Dostngosp (-20 AC, -17/-17 THAC0 and 8 APR) and died very quickly.

The only other thing in Chapter 6 was the Chosen of Cyric encounter from Rogue Rebalancing. Most of the equipment is unusable by a Cleric, and what can be used is not enough of an upgrade to justify fighting what is probably the hardest fight in SoA. (Seriously, the AI here is really good, Avenger did a fantastic job with it) Luckily, you are given the option to talk your way out of a fight if your mental attributes (Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma and Lore) are high enough. I chose to do so because I couldn't figure out a way to beat them without a ludicrous amount of luck, even after hours of trying to work out a strategy.

After beating Bodhi, I had Cromwell do some forging for me.

And just for show, here's a fully buffed Dostngosp with a frankly silly AC of -26. I think this might be the lowest possible, I tried in the Underdark and couldn't get any lower, even in Drow Full Plate.

Next time, Chapter 7.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 8, 2016

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar OneElven the Ranger went south of Nashkell to go rescue a princessWizardess in another castle, and Minsc died AGAIN when his armour broke to some skeleton bowman. Then Imoen died to a white wolf when she tried to pat it.

Maybe going into the Mines at level 1.5 isn't such a bad idea.

Kargin AND Imoen just died to some Amn Noble nobodies too.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 9, 2016

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Dostngosp Teachevils has killed Jon Irenicus. Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn is finished.

Irenicus's Black Dragon was merely a speedbump. It put up almost no fight at all and died very quickly indeed. Even the Shadow Dragon lasted longer.

The "fight" with Irenicus at the Tree of Life took was literally 10 seconds long, and a third of that was waiting for his pre-buff to finish. Utterly pathetic.

I also easily killed the Dragon in Hell. I had no reason to, but whatever. I have spells for elemental resistance anyway.

Irenicus lasted a lot longer in Hell. It still wasn't particularly difficult, but at least he actually put up a fight this time.

Ah, sweet victory.

Stat sheets from just before the final battle.

Next time, Part 1 of Chapter 8.

Honours earned.
Ironman, Tactician1, Conan the Bhaalspawn2, Honourable Trader, Dragon Slayer, Gaxkang's a Wuss, Legendary Arms, A God Among Men2.

1. I used SCS rather than Tactics, but both increase difficulty, so it's pretty much the same thing.
2. Not sure about these two, if Imoen casting Enchanted Weapon twice in Spellhold counts against them, then I'll remove them.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 9, 2016

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Comstar OneElven the Ranger rescued the witch in another castle and made Minsc happy and Edwin angry enough to leave, swearing revenge. Does anyone know where Dynanir's journal is? I've never found in all previous playthroughs. Edwin got killed on the way to a blast from a white wolf, and Imoen died when Minsc went a TAD berzerk over a Gnoll threatening to eat his witch.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

Comstar posted:

Does anyone know where Dynanir's journal is? I've never found in all previous playthroughs.

That's a quest added by the BG1 NPC mod, IIRC - the way to solve that quest lies either with Drizzt or with a group of Gnolls in Drizzt's map. Can't rightly recall.

Edit: or maybe in a "random-but-forced" encounter. I think you can be better guided by the mod readme file.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
For people doing full custom parties: is there a way for custom portraits to persist? I create a multiplayer game, put in all my dudes, save the game, move the save over to SP, but when I start it up, it keeps the custom portrait for the first guy, but everyone else defaults to the first normal portrait. Interestingly enough, when i load the save in multiplayer (alone) all my custom dudes still have their portraits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Welp, what the hell, I'll try my hand at this. Having played this game more than a few times, I'm going to shoot for something slightly different and I'll run two Ironman games at the same time. The concept is something a greasy 14 year old would find awesome (original concept DO NOT STEAL) and, as such, should amuse goons. Yin and Yang, Dark and Light, Evil and Good.

Meet Yin, the Fighter/Mage and Yang, the Inquisitor, two Bhaalspawn orphans with vastly different approaches to life. Both are likely to end up in a ditch somewhere.

Running BGEE, Core Rules, no mods. Might install some convenience mods, such as infinite stacking and maybe some cosmetic stuff.

I intend to run them both quite close to their alignments. Which probably means the good guy is going to get screwed. :(:

Yang, Human Inquisitor - The Journey Begins

Definitely not a Born Hero. Not much re-rolling, thankfully.

Here he is, using what was probably the very first portrait I ever used so many years ago. Haven't run a Paladin in a long time.

Yang wastes no time in doing the lovely Candlekeep quests, except to consult with the wisest of Candlekeep inhabitants.

Oh, I guess there are the Oracle dudes as well!

Ominous.

After witnessing the brutal murder of his foster father, Yang uses the magic of meta-gaming to discover the name of the hell-spawn who tore Gorion's defenses asunder.

He will be avenged! :argh:

Picking up his childhood friend Imoen, Yang proceeds to explore the map and comes across some new faces. Perhaps they'll be a nice addition to the team!

Welp, guess not.

Shortly after that, he deals with the greatest threats the game has to offer.

:getin:

Picked up the valuable crap along the way, consulted some more divine wisdom.

True Seeing trumped Tarnesh's Mirror Images and he died like a chump. Currently hanging out in the FAI.

Yin, Elf Fighter/Mage - > Go Left

Also not a Born Hero. Managed to not click Re-Roll when I saw that 18/99. Nothing in this run will be as gratifying as that.

Here she is. The portrait sure inspires confidence!

Being two facets of the same coin, Yin share's in Yang's appreciation for bovine wisdom.

Here's a fun bit. Managed to break my sword on the first attack against the first enemy (Shank, I think)! New Personal Best!

Also, you can see my familiar there. A Quasit. Anyone know if I can rename him to Demogorgon Jr? Maybe with EEKeeper?

Oh, look! Power Rangers!

Loved your show back when I was a kid!

Metal as gently caress. Anyway, can I meet Zordon?

Yin sees a dude with an awesome armor cut down that old fart Gorion with some fancy secret technique that looks amazing. Let's see what's up with that.

Deathbringer Assault? Brutal! :black101:

As her good counterpart, Yin hacks at a wolf and lives!

She then thanks the bovine overlords for keeping her safe.

She also picks up the usual hidden crap and murderizes Tarnesh. I failed to take a screenshot, but a Quasit is a freaking good companion these early levels. Horror 1xday, 2 attacks/round and Regeneration. Won't really keep up later, but surprisingly good at level 1 and that Horror turned Tarnesh into a sitting waddling duck.

Anyway, currently at the FAI as well.

I'm looking forward to the Siege of Dragonspear expansion and the patches that'll come out with it. Among the ease-of-life improvements is the easy switching between a two-handed weapon/launcher and weapon+shield/two weapons. It'll be so great when a click substitutes that boring inventory juggling!

• Locked thread