Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

D.N. Nation posted:

Here, just randomly, is a picture of President Dwight Eisenhower playing golf.

That said, Obama is bad and a Democrat and black, so the golf thing is much more nefarious now.

I know he's on his backswing, but it looks like he's about to hit one of the crowd with a golf ball. A Good News Photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

RyokoTK posted:

Just what I looooooooove in my saccharine New Year's toons: DEATH

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Posted this on the UK Political Cartoon thread. It belongs here too:

I can't wait to see what the cartoonist will do with this:

Nigel Farage's car wheels 'were sabotaged in an assassination attempt': Ukip leader lost control of Volvo when wheel fell off on motorway... and police confirm foul play

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l#ixzz3wC69L3il
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Apparently Farage escaped an assassination attempt - his words.

link to story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-foul-play.html

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, I should've claimed that it was an assassination attempt when a wheel fell off my car a few years ago because the lugs nuts weren't tightened all the way. I could've been famous.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah a couple years a go that happened to a lady and the tire hit my car dead on.

There's clearly a madman on the loose :tinfoil:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The fact that he still lives is the only crime here

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
This was not the first attempt on his life.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"2016: what lies in store? - Chris Riddell makes some new year predictions"

Sunday Telegraph:

New TV show starts tonight.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Killer Junglist, I hope you see this. You've posted Jamaican cartoons before and I was wondering if you could post more of them/talk about what's going on in Jamaica politically. Other goons, is there a thread about Jamaica pol?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Republicans are actually trying to make "Obama spied on Congress" a thing in order to deflect attention from members of Congress conspiring with Israel to derail American foreign policy. gently caress you, Bok.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I know I'm late to the party with this, but yay no more Muir!

I'm absolutely shocked that someone hasn't drawn a cartoon showing Obama scooping a tiny mountain shaped pile of sugar labeled DEBT into his coffee as Jerry Seinfeld looks at him like :captainpop: I'm disappointed in you, aging white conservative cartoonists full of impotent rage.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I know I'm late to the party with this, but yay no more Muir!

I'm absolutely shocked that someone hasn't drawn a cartoon showing Obama scooping a tiny mountain shaped pile of sugar labeled DEBT into his coffee as Jerry Seinfeld looks at him like :captainpop: I'm disappointed in you, aging white conservative cartoonists full of impotent rage.

Aging white cartoonists don't know what "online streaming content" is so they wouldn't have been able to watch that piece, and Obama didn't really say anything newsworthy enough to get reported in the mainstream press, so they probably have no idea that happened.

For everyone else, here's Obama being chill with Jerry Seinfeld.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

That wasn't even the stupidest thing he said today, earlier in the afternoon he tweeted that if you wanted to see Obama's vision for America, imagine star wars where only the stormtroopers have guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRtupiY9Dw

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I wonder how all the difference cartoonists are going to react to the new Bundy situation? I'm thinking Asay would be loving it if he hadn't retired, with how much he fetishised the American Revolution in his work.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:sbahj::sbahj::sbahj:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

OldMemes posted:

I wonder how all the difference cartoonists are going to react to the new Bundy situation? I'm thinking Asay would be loving it if he hadn't retired, with how much he fetishised the American Revolution in his work.

Im betting only Muir will cover it, think the Bundy situation is too botched, small and complicated for low hanging political cartoonists

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This would be better if we hadn't already seen this same cartoon 10 times.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

OldMemes posted:

Asay would definitely do a comic lamenting how no one showed up to the second American Revolution (It Used To Be brave Americans in tri-corner hats standing up to redcoats. Now It's 10 brave Americans in a shack standing up to Obama's troops while the rest of the country looks bored and disinterested) but all the other conservative cartoonists probably can't denounce Bundy's kids fast enough.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Trogdos! posted:

This was not the first attempt on his life.

I love this photo so much. It's very Shaun of the Dead

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cracker King posted:

Nigel Farage is a skinbag filled to busting with dark beer dregs and fag-ends... how he can operate any heavy machinery (cars, planes, doors with handles that turn, sidewalks) at baffles me.

He's like our Boehner but less orange and weepy.

Isn't he not in charge of UKIP after their unspectacular showing after the elections? They couldn't find anyone weird-looking enough to take over?

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 3, 2016

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Nigel Farage is a skinbag filled to busting with dark beer dregs and fag-ends... how he can operate any heavy machinery (cars, planes, doors with handles that turn, sidewalks) at baffles me.

He's like our Boehner but less orange and weepy.

Isn't he not in charge of UKIP after their unspectacular showing after the elections? They couldn't find anyone weird-looking enough to take over?

He resigned & then the NEC refused his resignation & then the party spent the summer squabbling, with their lone MP probably regretting joining UKIP by the end of the summer.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Cracker King posted:

Nigel Farage's car wheels 'were sabotaged in an assassination attempt': Ukip leader lost control of Volvo when wheel fell off on motorway... and police confirm foul play

link to story:

Looks like the Daily Fail needs to contract their Photoshop work to Iran.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
New Latuff

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cracker King posted:

link to story:

Then again, it is the Daily Mail, so is that confirmation really all that they say it is? Not that I don't think people would try and assassinate him.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Angepain posted:

Pretty much. Steve Bell made a couple of cartoons that looked like they were actually supporting Corbyn and it just felt a bit weird, really:

Is there a particular reason this politician is drawn as some kind of fox man monster?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Begemot posted:

This would be better if we hadn't already seen this same cartoon 10 times.
Yeah, but that's just once per child shot.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

LeJackal posted:

Is there a particular reason this politician is drawn as some kind of fox man monster?

I believe it was around the time when UK Parliament were considering putting a bill up that would loosen the ban on fox hunting in the UK.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

LeJackal posted:

There's even a video of him doing it and talking about it... not that it explains much or makes it a better cartoon.

http://gu.com/p/4cpyc/sbl (sorry, can't figure out how to embed this)

e to add: there's quite a lot of videos of Steve Bell explaining while drawing going back 5+ years that are more interesting than this one. He seems to really enjoy what he does, more than you'd expect for how bile-filled and faecal his comics tend to be. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=steve+bell+guardian

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 4, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

LeJackal posted:

Something about Beatrix Potter and Corbyn "outfoxing" his opponents, see if you can decipher what exactly he's trying to say from Bell himself having a chat about it.

e:f,b

edit2: also david cameron hosed a dead pig's head, a dead pig's head did david cameron gently caress

Angepain fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 4, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the execution of Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr - Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei today called for the west to condemn the execution of a Shia cleric in Saudi Arabia"

Telegraph:

Nigel Farage Says Police Suspect Foul Play Behind Ukip Leader's Car Accident In France

Independent:

Times:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Well, Oregon would be the traditional location for that :haw:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut
New Feature: 1992 Flashback

After years of free-loading off other people's work in this thread, I've decided to add some content. Given that this is a presidential election year, I thought it might be fun to look back to the election 24 years ago. I have a book collecting political cartoons chronicling the 1992 election in order along with commentary placing them in context of current events, so I was planning to post these over the coming year. Ideally, I would post them on the same date they originally were published, but my book doesn't date them so it may not be possible. I might be able to track down the dates when I have more time, but for starters we need to catch up.

Here's one from late 1991 from our friend Rob Rogers, and we can see right away one difference: We have a poo poo-ton of candidates from the out-of-power party today, while no one was eager to take on Bush I:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What the hell DID kill H.W.'s polls so quickly? Did America really turn on him that sharply and viciously because he raised taxes?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well, Oregon would be the traditional location for that :haw:

It was, until some dumb kid summoned Satan out in the boonies.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Fulchrum posted:

What the hell DID kill H.W.'s polls so quickly? Did America really turn on him that sharply and viciously because he raised taxes?

Ross Perot did an amazingly good job of splitting the right-wing vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Abner Cadaver II posted:

Ross Perot did an amazingly good job of splitting the right-wing vote.

Praying that trump splits the party again this year. :pray:

Also the infamous line "Read my Lips! NO...NEW...TAXES!!!" And then raising them anyway pissed of a lot of people.

• Locked thread