Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
i just cant get enough of engaging with brands

McDonald's delivers free Big Mac 'onesies' on McDelivery Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

and you are virally sharing a news story written about the ad campaign. congrats

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stick Insect posted:

This? https://github.com/sklise/i-like-what-i-see

automatically like all the racist poo poo my relatives post.

mod saas posted:

i just cant get enough of engaging with brands
hell, SAME

also glad i dont have a fecebook

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Linguica posted:

and you are virally sharing a news story written about the ad campaign. congrats

i vomited in my mouth when i saw it but instead of swallowing i just posted

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

loving love uber and McDonald's hamburgers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i love qps

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i have had whoper

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

i love qps

rwc

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Linguica posted:

that queasy feeling in your gut is just a McCraving™

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

don't dox me

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

echinopsis posted:

i love qps

can i get a qp for a grand bro

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

JewKiller 3000 posted:

can i get a qp for a grand bro

nice

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
https://github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/a4d380ad1a3b33a0fab679a1a8c5a791321622b3

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I wanted to watch some tasty How It’s Made using the Science Go app on my ATV last night

I got shown a BMW add that was designed for Hulu/The Web because there was a Click Here For More Info banner that slid up from the bottom of the screen.
except it was clearly burned in because whoops you couldn’t actually select the button and click on it

I also managed to somehow get two video streams playing over each other at the same time but offset by several seconds so I was trapped in a nightmare where I was being blasted with knowledge about how organic pop-tarts are fabricated.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I watched someone's bullshit "free paypal money" video on YouTube and Google helpfully served up an ad for someone else's scam moneymaking scheme, which I feel is the type of stuff that should not be served to people who are already young and gullible.

Actually there shouldn't be advertisements for scams at all probably.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

You don't say.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

^ easylist had to drop a domain because of a DMCA request.

Inevitable result is that someone now made a blocklist that exclusively contains domains that got removed through DMCAs: https://github.com/paulgb/BarbBlock

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

I watched someone's bullshit "free paypal money" video on YouTube and Google helpfully served up an ad for someone else's scam moneymaking scheme, which I feel is the type of stuff that should not be served to people who are already young and gullible.

i'm making 3000 dollars a week working from home

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
part time! find out how at scammaster32 dot com

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Stick Insect posted:

Inevitable result is that someone now made a blocklist that exclusively contains domains that got removed through DMCAs: https://github.com/paulgb/BarbBlock

gently caress there are some good names in that list mods

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paulgb/BarbBlock/master/BarbBlock.txt

quote:

actuallysheep.com
||ambitiousagreement.com
||anxiousapples.com
||baskettexture.com
||bawdybeast.com
||beamincrease.com
||beamkite.com
||boilingbeetle.com
||brassrule.com
||broadboundary.com
||calmfoot.com
||cherrythread.com
||chiefcurrent.com
||chinchickens.com
||commandwalk.com
||concernrain.com
||consciouscabbage.com
||copperchickens.com
||copycarpenter.com
||copyrightaccesscontrols.com
||crawlclocks.com
||critictruck.com

im quant can :shobon:

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Like the gfycat filenames but more compact and poetic.

Party that sent the DMCA spoke up about why they did what they did: https://blog.getadmiral.com/dmca-easylist-adblock-copyright-access-control-admiral-10-things-to-know/

quote:

That domain is part of the DMCA copyright access control platform Admiral provides publishers so they can engage visitors in a transparent way on the value exchange for their copyrighted content, instead of resorting to surprise ad reinsertion
the way some of our competitors advocate but visitors and advertisers dislike.

Okay fine, I won't block ads, I'll just advocate that I transparently, automatically and selectively engage with publishers to avoid surprising my attention span with ad displays and usage metrics that I, the consumer, dislike.

i.e. gently caress off and "reinsert" that bullshit where it came from.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Stick Insect posted:

thanks for posting this

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Agile Vector posted:

gently caress there are some good names in that list mods

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paulgb/BarbBlock/master/BarbBlock.txt

im quant can :shobon:

im chief current

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol google to not be beat by ad blocking racketeering has become the largest ad blocking service in the world now

https://nypost.com/2017/08/10/google-warns-700-publishers-digital-ads-will-be-blocked-by-chrome-update/

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i just want to raise my glass of apple juice to all the ad block gangsters who made this possible, now the world is truely a better place

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Google can now block ssl certs, and content at will lol this will be grand and play out in a totally ethical way across the world.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

the powers that be will force content to be free so at least theres that

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

but seriously guys, give your self all a pat on the back for trying to stand up against the evil ad man like seriously you guys are the greatest

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

now i can sell google adwords and guarantee it will be seen by people who pay for things

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

speaking of people who pay for things, squarespace is a place where you can build your own website, hate forums like these? why dont you build your own with sqaurespace, click the link in the description

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

[rambles on about a listicle of poo poo you already know about]

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

mmmm native advertising, tastes so refreshing on your free content

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

youre welcome op anytime

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Remember 10 years ago when ad blocking was considered a wild and dangerous game, hell even downloading something that wasn't IE was considered out there. I remember getting banned from some forum, I think it was arstechnica maybe? for linking to an adblocker in 2005. Those were the days, every ad was in flash and had sound and pegged your bandwidth for 3 seconds.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

love 2 block ads

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Pryor on Fire posted:

hell even downloading something that wasn't IE was considered out there.

Nope, don't remember that.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Remember 10 years ago when ad blocking was considered a wild and dangerous game, hell even downloading something that wasn't IE was considered out there. I remember getting banned from some forum, I think it was arstechnica maybe? for linking to an adblocker in 2005. Those were the days, every ad was in flash and had sound and pegged your bandwidth for 3 seconds.

I don't remember that.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Pryor on Fire posted:

no

but bragging about it on a forum esp SA would likely get you banned or something

edgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I will never not install ublock origin.

• Locked thread