Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bear in mind we're also looking for an SK, so probably just one scum.

StEvan makes my nose twitch, but I have an odd feeling in my gut about you Bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
That's fair I went after Thranguy pretty hard.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Would like to point out that hex did not interact with nor mention Quid once in any post, fwiw

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Current thinking: hex scum, RF SK

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Uh, how would dunking RF not put us in this exact same scenario? [a repeated D1]

I'm not understanding how my saying "why would you vote RF" relates to Krell at all.

This is a pretty obvious deflection off RF in retrospect, I agree with Birdstrike - it's possible that the Quid scumslip jump could have been bussing? I never felt it was that reasonable, and with the benefit of hindsight would have expected Quid to bulldog it more if it was sincere.

I also see in my reread that Evan jumped around a ton on Day 1 before settling on the easy Krell vote, and then came out Day 2 with this mishmash of reads:

St Evan Echoes posted:

Hi folks, apologies. I have not had very much time to play and there are legit reasons why I can contribute better to the other game than this one. I am town in both games btw.

Here are my reads so far
RF: don't think the "scumslip" means anything. Reads town to me.
Grandicap: thought he was scum early on D1 but nah he's town af
hexwren: possibly scum imo. Overly defensive when called out on anything
Podima: like hex, has tried to get ppl posting more content (:blush:) but seems like they're doing it more in good faith
Birdstrike: think his vote today is bad in a disingenuous way as opposed to a "probably wrong" way, #1 scum candidate
Thranguy: I'm going on the assumption that he is town but I don't have a hugely strong town read. More basing it on votes for him from people I'm getting scumreads from (BS, hex).
Quidthulu: Neutral. Good case (if wrong) against Krell but seems like his posting is so obnoxious that that's an easy case to make. Don't really like how hard he went after RF for something that was prob just poorly worded.

Okay thanks everyone, I will be around more from now on I hope.

The Quid read is a whole lot of nothingburger, and as previously mentioned the Grandi read was totally unjustified at the time based on the posts he had. Also the Thran read is very hedgey given that he was building as the vote for the day at the time, and yet Evan never came back and engaged with that lynch at all.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't really see myself voting wren today

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Morning folks. Here is a summary of my thoughts so far.

Birdstrike at this point is the person I’m 100% sure is town. Basing this on the assumption that of two scum, one would do the kill and the doctor would protect the killer. Since I know BS was blocked last night, he must be town. This is my understanding of how roleblocking works.

Podima I’m mostly sure is town for the same reasons as above. The Miller claim is weird, so I’m a bit less convinced on him. It’s possible he put the breadcrumb out there d1 and got backed into claiming today in case someone quoted his post. Probably benign though, because he could have just not claimed at all.

I am very happy to vote for either of the other two guys today.

Hex managing to avoid interaction with Quid over D1 and D2 is a scumtell imo. Quid also threw down a joke vote on hex early d1, which could be a bit of scumbro banter. Dropping the hammer on Thran to end d2 was also a wise move for a scum to do, having the plausible deniability of avoiding a no-lynch.

RF hasn’t really built a big case on anyone and just drifted through the game without getting too involved in any arguments, which reads like a serial killer trying not to get noticed by scum or town. Never played SK but I think that’s probably what I would do if I was.

Given than wren is apparently gonna be a hard sell, RF would make sense to lynch today imo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be OK with a RF or Evan vote today. I feel pretty good about Birdstrike atm (which also elevates RF over Evan for a preferred lynch purely based on claim) and am not sold on the case against Wren.

Will be on the road for a chunk of the day, but should be around for deadline.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I will be online or nearby for about the next 6-7 hours

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Unfortunately it’s late here. Had hoped to hear from the other players by now. I won’t be able to post again before deadline so ##vote RF

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd go Evan or possibly Wren. My gut feeling on birb is nowhere near strong enough to stake the game on it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If that's the best RF can offer I'm pretty comfortable with a ##vote RF. Way too noncommittal this whole game on top of the Quid interactions.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm going to guess and I'm probably going to guess wrong lol

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839084&userid=122340

How little can you actually play mafia and have it still be considered mafia?

since the day one vote, RF hasn't had a single point to make that isn't a vague, unsubstantiated gut feeling. Come on. Play, or don't.

##vote Retro Futurist

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Retro Futurist is hammered!

Votecount for Day 3

Retro Futurist (3): St Evan Echoes, Podima, hexwren

Not Voting (2): Birdstrike, Retro Futurist

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 22nd, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 41 minutes.

Be kind, please rewind!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I walk up to perform a late shift at the video store, but I find the doors locked. I peer inside the glass, to find the walls and racks empty. A sign hangs over the door. It reads "Out of business due to the proliferation of Netflix and other Video On Demand services and also a severe lack of customers who still own a VCR." This was the most infathomable result possible. Half stuck in the drop box is a tape. It's mangled...but this doesn't appear to be a regular tape. No, it in fact has a miniature casette inside of it!

quote:

"

Your next door neighbor...something isn't right, you just can't put your finger on it. A creature of the night? Who knows. You yourself feel strange urges, impulses, but you would never knowingly act on them..right? You are representing FRIGHT NIGHT! You're pretty sure you are TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLA! You will win when all threats to town have been eliminated...one way or another.

At night, some dark forces take over. You can't control it. You don't even know it's going on. You are TOWN-ALIGNED MR. HYDE! During the night, you will at random kill another player. You have no control over this and won't even know you did such horrible acts. If visited at night, your kill will be unsuccessful and whoever visits you will learn of your true nature. You will win when all threats to town have been eliminated."

Retro Futurist, TOWN-ALIGNED Mr. Hyde, was lynched on Day 3.

quote:

"

If there is one thing you know, it's space. Ah, the calm of the otherworld. And you're good at thievin too! Along with putting people on Ice! You are THE ICE PIRATES! You are a TOWN-ALIGNED ROLEBLOCKER! During the night phase, you may ##ROLEBLOCK a target player. Any visiting night actions they have will fail! You will win when all threats to town have been eliminated!"
ST EVAN ECHOES HAS BEEN ENDGAMED.

quote:

"

One thing you can't stand is your people being terrorized. You don't have time for scumbags who think they can treat other people as though they're lesser. You don't have time for it, and if you see this kind of oppression and intolerance continue, you know it will be up to you to DO THE RIGHT THING. You are a TOWN-ALIGNED VANILLA! You have no actions, and will only win when all threats to town have been eliminated!"

BIRDSTRIKE HAS BEEN ENDGAMED.

HEXWREN AND PODIMA HAVE REACHED THEIR WIN CONDITION AND THE GAME ENDS IN A SCUM VICTORY

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Breadcrumbs can be fakeclaims too. :unsmigghh:

I just yelled at grody/gif/??? to post our flips, but here's a link to the scum chat: https://discord.gg/nAFPezj

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
well that was unexpected

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote:

Hexwren

"

When you want something dead, it's going to stay dead. So dead, nobody will recognize what it looks like anymore. You are RAW FORCE! You are a SCUM ALIGNED 1-Shot Janitor. During the night phase, if you perform the night kill, you can ##DEATHBLOW. If you do, the kill target, should they die, will not have their role or alignment revealed for the rest of the game. Only you and your scumteam will know this information. You will win when Scum reaches parity with town or outnumbers them. "

quote:

Podima

"

The future world of military grade technology is a dark and mysterious one. The diamonds, they are a precious gem, precious indeed. Anyone who comes for them will have a pure wrath brought upon them by some dark forces. You represent fun satanic film EVILSPEAK. You are a SCUM ALIGNED Vanilla GOON. You will win when Scum reaches parity with or outnumbers the Town."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Just for the record, pods and I actually had posters to go with our fake claims as well:

(because winning as a miller is a longshot)

(and because taste-free implies vanilla)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah huge thanks to Wren for finding me a poster for my fakeclaim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also this was a fun game! Sorry Thranguy for pushing you so hard, it was definitely a little predatory. Please keep on playing, you did really well despite the pressure on you!

Also my defending Krell D1 was legit, I really wanted to give him the chance to do it right for once. Sadly he didn't come through!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
cant believe i got murdered

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

all that said, I beg of you---run, do not walk to see RAW FORCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTpAOXE_YHs

(here in its entirety under the name "kung-fu cannibals")

which is possibly the greatest/worst/dumbest/most amazing martial arts/action exploitation film ever.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

In other news, I appreciate you all, and I'm glad my first game back in something like a year and change was just good, hard play. No replacements, no weirdness. Thanks for being a part of it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ahaha nice.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think every read I had this game was incorrect.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why’d you jerks kill me N1.

When thran quoted my movie in his first post I thought he was trying to set up a fake claim. Sorry guy!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I really like the evil speak poster!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I really like the evil speak poster!

It is cool as gently caress I agree!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why’d you jerks kill me N1.

pre:
Podima - Last Thursday at 12:50 PM
also from the big picture hal is alive in another game and grandi isn't, so net happiness probably stays consistent!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Yeah flerp we didn’t kill you, it was RF’s secret RNG role

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Had a bad feeling watching the last day go down. Kept thinking "If opop were scum, why wouldn't they fakeclaim vig at that point?" Certainly didn't expect what did happen, though.

We should feel lucky to have done this well, with 3.5 scum in an 11 player game. And every one of us completely missing our night actions every time, even if that did keep us out of the scum doctor trap...

My other two movies were Miracle Mile (which may have been the only actually good movie anyone had) and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace, btw.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i blame quid

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Thranguy posted:

My other two movies were Miracle Mile (which may have been the only actually good movie anyone had)

(Wait, if Hal had Real Genius that's not true.)

Yeah, I only remember one line from my movie and it was hard to work 'screaming like banshees' into the flow of day zero, not to mention that I didn't think I could pull off using that movie to make any claim look less scummy...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

pre:
Podima - Last Thursday at 12:50 PM
also from the big picture hal is alive in another game and grandi isn't, so net happiness probably stays consistent!

My happiness was not consistent! I was even the most active poster, now you have just taught me to post less I hope you are happy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

My happiness was not consistent! I was even the most active poster, now you have just taught me to post less I hope you are happy.

:negative:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I only submitted one movie poster because I can’t read directions.

I also have never seen my movie!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Quidthulhu posted:

I only submitted one movie poster because I can’t read directions.

I also have never seen my movie!

same and same

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You have to watch your movies now. It's a moral imperative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Only if you also watch mine

• Locked thread