Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm deeply suspicious of their methodology in this one.

wouldnt CHOAM have like hundreds of quintillions of 2007 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
don't you fat nerds ever get tired of talking about the same 4 topics over and over again?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think a can make a tag or someone can just buy it as their avatar and then anyone else can add it as a tag once it's on the server. I'm pretty sure that's how the Stupid Internet Club tag was made.

a bone to pick posted:

don't you fat nerds ever get tired of talking about the same 4 topics over and over again?

This is a good and cool thread for positive social interactions and you seem to be a joyless pillock so maybe gently caress off?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

WatermelonGun posted:

She has has passionate gerbil sex in a John Waters movie

please tell me "gerbil sex" isn't literal

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

basic hitler posted:

Lmao i want a choam gang tag.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
I’m buying a new avatar tomorrow. Do I need to make C.H.O.A.M. Gang my actual avatar, or can you still link to an image hosted elsewhere in your avatar text?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
did yall agree on a choam gang tag

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

paul_soccer10 posted:

ya they controlled spice and basically all trade so

its like forbes is just buzzfeed with finance

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baron Harkonnen did nothing wrong, kanly isn't a crime

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

my name is a posting word

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

paul_soccer10 posted:

There's literally not enough money to measure the wealth of CHOAM. On the other hand Soylent is massively overvalued. Sure they own a lot of stuff but it's all really lovely.

wyntyr posted:

I’m buying a new avatar tomorrow. Do I need to make C.H.O.A.M. Gang my actual avatar, or can you still link to an image hosted elsewhere in your avatar text?

Someone needs to make the CHOAM Gang their actual avatar and then everyone else can link to it. Think of yourself as the prophet.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

etalian posted:

Baron Harkonnen did nothing wrong, kanly isn't a crime

Leto: "Thufir, tell the Baron's messenger I said "more like kan'tly." Heh, get it...? Thu- Thufir. Thufir? Do you get it?"

Hawat (to self): Ugh, Jesus, gently caress this. I'm just gonna let that really nervous, suspicious doctor murder you all.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

gently caress yeah

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Angela Lansburial posted:

I was born to be in the C.H.O.A.M. Gang

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

Angela Lansburial posted:

I was born to be in the C.H.O.A.M. Gang

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Where is weyland yutani

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
did you guys ever play the WC3 UMS tides of blood? They had Duke leto in it and he was pretty good iirc.

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

paul_soccer10 posted:

Maybe they're estimating the total economic value of all current international commodity shipping? It's the closest analogue I can think of.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Leto: "Thufir, tell the Baron's messenger I said "more like kan'tly." Heh, get it...? Thu- Thufir. Thufir? Do you get it?"

never expected a Dune/Aubrey&Maturin mashup in my lifetime

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm deeply suspicious of their methodology in this one.

Where the hell is Weyland-Yutani?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Malcolm XML posted:

my name is a posting word

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tallgeese posted:

Where the hell is Weyland-Yutani?

Gotta make room for the company from Austin Powers

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Malcolm XML posted:

ya they controlled spice and basically all trade so

its like forbes is just buzzfeed with finance

Buzzfeed actually does some reporting once in a while. Forbes is pure finance and tech industry propaganda with a side of video game journalism.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
How do they get the drop on Leto II enough to fry one of his arms with a lasgun again? Wasn't he pretty much fully prescient?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

JohnnySavs posted:

How do they get the drop on Leto II enough to fry one of his arms with a lasgun again? Wasn't he pretty much fully prescient?
IIRC Leto mentions a few times he's let things slip because he got distracted. Since his inner memories are a constant safari he can use to avoid his boring existence as a giant, semimobile grub, he indulges from time to time. He also mentions that every so often, people take him completely by surprise like Siona, or Hwi and Malky. But the clone that tried to shoot him just caught him with his pants down and later Leto basically just goes "lol that was close" which is a pretty disturbing reaction.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Okay I’m getting my avatar this afternoon, someone post the best C.H.O.A.M. gang avatar so you guys can argue over which is best before I get it rather than after. My purchase shall be my water gift to you.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

phasmid posted:

IIRC Leto mentions a few times he's let things slip because he got distracted. Since his inner memories are a constant safari he can use to avoid his boring existence as a giant, semimobile grub, he indulges from time to time. He also mentions that every so often, people take him completely by surprise like Siona, or Hwi and Malky. But the clone that tried to shoot him just caught him with his pants down and later Leto basically just goes "lol that was close" which is a pretty disturbing reaction.

Well he also mentions that, while the laser seared his (vestigial) leg, being part sandworm he's nearly impervious to heat so it probably wasn't too serious although he does mention that he was disturbed by the fact that the ghola was aiming not at his head but somewhere near his midsection where his evolved mutant brain actually resides

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Also a reminder that they somehow managed to wrangle acting legend Susan Sarandon into the role of one of Shaddam's daughters for that awful Scifi Syfy miniseries

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
One thing I've always had a fun theory about was a line in Lynch's Dune.
"Bring me that floating fat man...The Baron."
Notice, Emperor Shaddam seems to imply that there are potentially other "floating fat men" in the Dune-iverse, and Baron Harkonnen may not be the only one.
As a fat man, I'd love to be a floating fat man too.

I know the Emperor was being dismissive of the Baron

I'd love a CHOAM tag.

ToyotaThong fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 28, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

unless jose has a fit of spice madness I'm guessing anyone who wants a CHOAM gang tag will need to drop the fiver on a new av, lowtax needs the $

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

unless jose has a fit of spice madness I'm guessing anyone who wants a CHOAM gang tag will need to drop the fiver on a new av, lowtax needs the $

Yeah I've already done it once this month and I'll gladly do it again. Gotta pay the 'tax!

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Where is everdraed when you need him

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

FYI dune 1984 is free for prime members

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Tell me about your posting, Usul

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
This thread is good and cool and is my friend.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I must not troll.
Trolls are the fun-killer.
Trolling the forums brings endless probation.
I will face my ban.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is over I will pay lowtax ten bux to run the forums.
When the forums are gone there will be nothing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Bloop posted:

Super nondemocratic and eugenic-y though

Far weirder was the implication that most Sci Fi is fascist.

I mean, it is? A good amount at least. The guy who wrote Iron Dream wrote it as a critique of how in sf fascism is shown as good and celebrated, and most people don't recognize because the protagonist isn't literally hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006