Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

I'd boil my ribs in milk but I'm pretty sure god said not to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ezpExQ_k0&t=363s

Milk Steak is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiteski posted:

Does it matter who you play with these days much?
I simultaneously got a spot in an ENEMY CORP and also re-auth'd to the waffe.
I've played in Waffe before so know what that's like, but considering playing with someone else to see how it compares but not if it's going to be a "never in waffe again" choice.

:eyepop:
Mods?!

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Btw the ads banner for EVE in this forum are amazing

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Not really. They're old and homophobic and a product of their time.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

can we not have multiple pages of people failing to be funny with random food atrocities :nallears:

people trying to be funny with bandwagoned-on jokes and lack of original effort?

check, eve thread confirmed

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Look, if jokes are meant to be funny, can someone please warn Jerry Seinfield?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Dalael posted:

Look, if jokes are meant to be funny, can someone please warn Jerry Seinfield?

Yeah but that man got fuckin' paid

If you told me that I had to go all mind-of-mencia but got paid enough that I can live the rest of my days out on my yacht drinking whatever expensive poo poo, I'd fuckin' do it

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SolusLunes posted:

Yeah but that man got fuckin' paid

If you told me that I had to go all mind-of-mencia but got paid enough that I can live the rest of my days out on my yacht drinking whatever expensive poo poo, I'd fuckin' do it

If it was easy to make shitloads of money by not being funny most of us would be rich.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I thought the Seinfeld show was pretty funny :jerry:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yes, but it was in spite of Jerry, not because of him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Larry David is funny

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I watch a few episodes here and there back when it was an original show. Didn't think it was that great. Recently I decided to watch the whole thing because i ran out of things i wanted to watch. I stopped after two episodes.

The show seems to have it's moments, but they're too few and too far between.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

SolusLunes posted:

people trying to be funny with bandwagoned-on jokes and lack of original effort?

check, eve thread confirmed

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

SolusLunes posted:

Yes, but it was in spite of Jerry, not because of him.

hmm yes jerry seinfeld had no hand in anything except being in front of the camera for the hit comedy show seinfeld

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
If you have a problem with the ads you could always make some and put them up :marc:

Also who puts beans in perfectly good chili

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
the ads are good, what is this somethingsensitive dot com ??

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Kinetica posted:

Also who puts beans in perfectly good chili

i know right? i recently ordered a chili burger and got a thing covered in beans, wtf

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

RattiRatto posted:

Btw the ads banner for EVE in this forum are amazing

Indeed, it got me considering to come back!

But I need to hold my bullshit job down for a few more years before I can mainline this game again.

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
I just resubbed after a few years, and fwiw the ads just made me think that goonfleet is really dead if they are just rerunning old ads from years ago. I can't imagine the homophobia is doing much help either.

Thankfully it seems like the game has actually improved. I love the new fighter controls, and it seems like they are at least improving sov stuff. Haven't been in any kind of tidi yet though, so I'm not totally sold.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah i have no idea who bought the ads :iiam:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

really yall? do better

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Its been a long time since there was a two week trial. We have alpha now, those banners are going to confuse people.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
When was the last contest for recruitment ads even held?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

necrotic posted:

When was the last contest for recruitment ads even held?

long rear end time ago

making new ads still won't stop someone from buying old-rear end ads anyways

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Did you guys ever get the CSM seat back after the Coat-hanger Monster thing happened? I haven't followed anything since my family member who played stopped making spacebux in Theta Squad ages ago.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Iamgoofball posted:

Did you guys ever get the CSM seat back after the Coat-hanger Monster thing happened? I haven't followed anything since my family member who played stopped making spacebux in Theta Squad ages ago.

Yeah, we pretty much dominate the CSM every year now. Ever since they changed it to Single Transferrable Vote, we get at minimum two seats no matter what, since the STV thing perfectly splits our vote. This year, five of the ten (reduced from 14 a while back) seats are aligned to our coalition. Maybe six -- there's some weird bullshit regarding Jin'taan, the member in question, and I don't know if he swings our way or not right now. Regardless, we crush it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

really yall? do better

lmao shut up dumbass, you're either being a dick on purpose or you're being a dick who didn't bother reading anything cause those ads are ancient and nobody seems to know who the gently caress bought them

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

eonwe posted:

really yall? do better

That's like 2006 (?) era EVE graphics right there

Somewhere between Rev2 and Trinity

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lmao shut up dumbass, you're either being a dick on purpose or you're being a dick who didn't bother reading anything cause those ads are ancient and nobody seems to know who the gently caress bought them

lol, so when was the last time it was cool to say "faggots" in eve goons

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

we're not sure but archaeologists have uncovered an ancient tomb buried under cheeto dust, and among the relief was a carved tablet dating back to 1973 AD that, when translated, reads "not cool dude, you shouldn't call someone that, it's mean"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

eonwe posted:

always but also conversely never

but that ad is literally from like 2007

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if I can't get into a spaceship full of hot gay fags and homos I ain't goin to space :colbert:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SniperWoreConverse posted:

if I can't get into a spaceship full of hot [anything]

this is going to be a problem where goonfleet is concerned

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

eonwe posted:

Culturally goonfleet has always lagged a several years behind the forums so they should be somewhere between the Ozma years and gbs two point zero, but you are kinda a turd and I’m going to assume this is faux outrage.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
new ad proposal

Goonswarm Federation: Now with 70% less casual racism and homophobia!
Eve Thread: Still 100% insufferable.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Culturally goonfleet has always lagged a several years behind the forums so they should be somewhere between the Ozma years and gbs two point zero, but you are kinda a turd and I’m going to assume this is faux outrage.

eonwe is a good man

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
i still have a couple copies of the GFSFM bumpers from a decade ago, they're a bit cringy

Bumper - GFSFM Ident 2
bumper - war room psa
bumper- GFSFM i too am gay
bump- quick cuts gfsfm

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

I think I managed to j4g my way into goonfleet with something like 14 posts, though most of those were posts in Battletech threads and incidentally infuriating a turbosperg by buying him avatars.

What I'm saying is that quality and quantity don't matter if the button pusher that day is a mouthbreather

(thank you whoever you were for being that mouthbreather for me)

Yea except did one of your 14 posts consist of how excited you are to join goon fleet and you're waiting on your application?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Party Plane Jones posted:

i still have a couple copies of the GFSFM bumpers from a decade ago, they're a bit cringy

Bumper - GFSFM Ident 2
bumper - war room psa
bumper- GFSFM i too am gay
bump- quick cuts gfsfm

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

:ssh:

it's way after my time but I always found SUAS' eve song parodies hilarious; its good to see that star citizen continued that trend