Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spintzel posted:

I do agree that drew brees has made it abundantly clear that he is willing to look the other way for a status quo that benefits him. But I think you guys are giving Drew Brees’ brain a lot of credit and are assuming it to be able to make a cognitive thought. The dude said he didn’t even realize people could have different viewpoints on things until he talked to his teammates. He is just going to parrot whatever he assumes to be “the popular PR move” until the end of time so that he can make more money. Most NFL fans were anti kneeling a fire years ago so Drew was too. Now more are pro kneeling so Drew is too. If someone told Drew that most people love to eat poo poo, he would say it is his favorite food

ahh yes, listening to the saints PR/crisis team: definitely the actions of an innocent man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

FizFashizzle posted:

ahh yes, listening to the saints PR/crisis team: definitely the actions of an innocent man

Lol fair point. Like I said, he’s a big dumb man who listens to whoever talks to him last. I mean the dude got tricked into over paying millions for jewelry and didn’t realize it until someone else told him

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spintzel posted:

But I think you guys are giving Drew Brees’ brain a lot of credit and are assuming it to be able to make a cognitive thought

Yeah this isn't quite the defense you think it is

If someone doesn't rationally and logically think themselves into fashy behavior and beliefs, does it matter

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

Yeah this isn't quite the defense you think it is

If someone doesn't rationally and logically think themselves into fashy behavior and beliefs, does it matter

Well, yes. It means he can't intelligently formulate and enact fascist theory and policy. He's a useful idiot, not a core member of the creeping evil.

Is that a good thing? gently caress no. Is it a significant difference? Yes. It's the difference between sending someone to Nuremberg and sending them to a denazification program.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Drew sucks as a person and now he sucks as a player too so I don’t even have to be conflicted about his immanent departure at the end of this year. Outside of Kamara going off the offense was just so loving boring to watch. Like Alex Smith without the wheels.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Well, yes. It means he can't intelligently formulate and exact fascist theory and policy. He's a useful idiot, not a core member of the creeping evil.

Is that a good thing? gently caress no. Is it a significant difference? Yes. It's the difference between sending someone to Nuremberg and sending them to a denazification program.

Useful idiots still get people killed. Brees doesn't deserve a pass for being so dumb he gets swindled by his own teammates on fictional film tax credits.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

Useful idiots still get people killed. Brees doesn't deserve a pass for being so dumb he gets swindled by his own teammates on fictional film tax credits.
I didn't suggest anything about giving him a pass.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

would you say that brees is just....following orders?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

would you say that brees is just....following orders?

No, those guys went to Nuremberg.

It's more like someone who had a bit part in Triumph of the Wills.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 28, 2020

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Start Jameis you cowards.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

No don't. Or wait, yeah go ahead. Let me hate the organization even more.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Saints will start Jameis for a few games where he will look decent throwing to Michael Thomas and Kamara.

Panthers will then go on next year and sign him to a massive deal

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spintzel posted:

Saints will start Jameis for a few games where he will look decent throwing to Michael Thomas and Kamara.

Panthers will then go on next year and sign him to a massive deal

Panthers gonna resign cam

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hello my NFC South friends. I come as an ambassador from the AFC West as my team is playing three of yall in a row and the Falcons at some point.

Good game yesterday Panthers.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers gonna resign cam

To back up teddy :getin:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
NFC South: Oh no! We suck again!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A.o.D. posted:

No, those guys went to Nuremberg.

It's more like someone who had a bit part in Triumph of the Wills.

There were only 24 Nuremberg defendants, don’t think they could have done WW2 and the Holocaust without some help.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

There were only 24 Nuremberg defendants, don’t think they could have done WW2 and the Holocaust without some help.

Fine. Those guys got hunted down by Mossad, or whomever. They deserved worse than what they got.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Hello my NFC South friends. I come as an ambassador from the AFC West as my team is playing three of yall in a row and the Falcons at some point.

Good game yesterday Panthers.

Hi have you heard of the Bucs new Qb i heard he's got a good record vs Chargers c/d

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
let's re sign cam and also sign chud that was fun

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hi have you heard of the Bucs new Qb i heard he's got a good record vs Chargers c/d

I have heard that yes.

Have you seen my new big strong boy QB i like him a lot

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

let's re sign cam and also sign chud that was fun

Joe Brady isn't lasting long in Carolina.

If the Saints blow up everything and Payton bails for Dallas or an oxy'd up year in the booth I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him over.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

If the Saints blow up everything and Payton bails for Dallas or an oxy'd up year in the booth I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him over.

I haven't watched that many games this year because my sleep schedule has been so bad that I slept through half of the 1 PM games, what's been bad about Brady specifically?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I have heard that yes.

Have you seen my new big strong boy QB i like him a lot

Yeah he's p cool and has pretty hair

Wait I mean no I bet he sucks and the Chargers suck lol owned

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

I haven't watched that many games this year because my sleep schedule has been so bad that I slept through half of the 1 PM games, what's been bad about Brady specifically?

No I mean he's going to get a head coaching offer and the saints post brees/payton makes a lot of sense.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs have a history of making rookie QB's look like superstars so lets hope that doesn't happen Sunday.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs have a history of making rookie QB's look like superstars so lets hope that doesn't happen Sunday.

I am more concerned with how our DL plays against the run.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

No I mean he's going to get a head coaching offer and the saints post brees/payton makes a lot of sense.

oh ok I knew there was some saltiness about the call at the end of game 1 so I wasn't sure if he was crap or what

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Drew is stupid as poo poo about anything that's not football.

I'm concerned he still does have political aspirations, and soon the people correcting his behavior won't be his young black teammates, but loving Eddie Rispone as he funds his governor campaign.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Chilichimp posted:

ATL needs a new QB, new corners, new defensive ends, new TE, new WR.

If we get the #1 pick, it's hard not to say QB, but my guess is we won't draft one #1 overall while Matt Ryan can still play for 2 quarters/game.

We better think hard about grabbing a good one to stash for a few years, though.

Ryan's got life left in him (especially under a new staff). Normally I'd say trade the #1 for picks and rebuild. I wonder though if teams will be reluctant to move in the draft like last year.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Drew is stupid as poo poo about anything that's not football.

I'm concerned he still does have political aspirations, and soon the people correcting his behavior won't be his young black teammates, but loving Eddie Rispone as he funds his governor campaign.

Yeah that would move him out of useful idiot territory.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Good news on that front

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

NFC South: Oh no! We suck again!

NFC South: At least we aren't the NFC East

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Drew sucks as a person and now he sucks as a player too so I don’t even have to be conflicted about his immanent departure at the end of this year. Outside of Kamara going off the offense was just so loving boring to watch. Like Alex Smith without the wheels.

Yeah Drew's a dumbass and I hope his commentator career takes off because he will plague Louisiana or the nation for the rest of the century if not.

Also, of all the things to accuse payton of, never could you say he had a boring offense until this year. The saints have been in three close games and all three were just boring to watch when the offense is on the field and Kamara isn't. How much is MT being missed we won't know until hes back but yikes is brees just bad without him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

They'll look all world. We can't run for poo poo.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

FizFashizzle posted:

You hope this into the world every year.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Brees is probably going back to Texas and running for governor. Why stay in the broke rear end state in the 40s in every metric when he's got essentially just as good a chance at running one of the 5 largest states in the country?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am excited for the 2002 super bowl champions street sign in temple terrace to change to 2020 super bowl champions

Is it too early to dream

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Falcons.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Fine. Those guys got hunted down by Mossad, or whomever. They deserved worse than what they got.

No one hunted down random wealthy Germans who paid lip service for the Fuhrer and benefited under his rule. Those people were absolutely fascists, or at least fascist-adjacent, and it's really not worth the distinction.

The Atlantis Falconnes

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Empress Brosephine posted:

I am excited for the 2002 super bowl champions street sign in temple terrace to change to 2020 super bowl champions

Is it too early to dream

Welp:

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1310621936293036032?s=20

Cursed.