Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

ukonvasara posted:

I read it as "taking over the garage to use as a practice space" being what he wouldn't allow, though given the comic at hand your reading seems far more plausible than it otherwise might.

Some comics have this weird Boomeresque view of authority: Dustin's dad can still treat him like a feckless teenager even though he's a college graduate. Dethany from On The Fastrack has to absorb every insult and misuse of power from her nightmare of a boss, who cruelly tells her to her face that she must be wearing her hair like that because she loved the attention last time. The characters in Luann turn into little Mussolinis with the slightest hint of power (art TA, residence assistant) while treating a needy child as a wearisome nuisance who should just shut up and sit quietly in a corner until needed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I thought the first one was just some weird "ha ha boy they drew that awkwardly" thing but no, this dude is definitely trying to get Luann to look at his dick.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Slammy posted:

Patty-Jo ’n’ Ginger (April 8, 1950)

“Room with a view, they told us … phooey! All I can see, day or night, is a big brown eye!”

That's a very determined flasher.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin and Kell (November 9-13, 1998)

Ah, the olden times, when all HTML code was lovingly hand-crafted. I miss them a bit.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

I just want to mention that when True refers to 'beating and tarring and feathering' here, he's referring to a specific incident that came to be known as the Tulsa Outrage, where 16 members of the IWW (plus one innocent bystander) were violently rounded up by the police from the local IWW headquarters and promptly charged and convicted of vagrancy. That night they found themselves being 'transferred' back to the IWW headquarters by police when they were 'ambushed' by a local KKK sect who then took custody of the unionists and drove them out of town where they were stripped naked, tied to a tree, then whipped before being famously tarred and feathered, and finally as they watched the KKK burn all of their clothing in a bonfire they were told to never return to town.
It's worth mentioning that this wasn't (primarily) because they were anarchists or unionists, but because the IWW was vocally opposed to the war. One of their members had already been lynched for his antiwar statements, and a further one hundred and sixty of them had received significant jail terms for conspiracy to hinder the draft and conspiracy to encourage desertion.
Everett True constantly beats up pacifists and antiwar proponents too, so it's nothing if not consistent, but I've never quite understood why the thread keeps celebrating him this much. Establishing a strong figure who says and does what society is too polite to, "keeps the streets clean" of everyday pests and then extending the violence to political enemies here and there to normalize it is a communication tactic straight out of the fascist propaganda playbook.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He encourages people to pay their taxes and, beats up child abusers and doesn’t slap around his abusive wife so he’s really a mixed bag.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

catlord posted:

I wish it was easier to get the Sam and Max comics. Unless the price dropped suddenly recently, poo poo's 'spensive.

I think I have a spare copy of Surfin' the Highway which I bought after playing the CD-ROM game in the early 90s. I of course bought the Anniversary Edition when that came out, so I could let the older copy go to a good home at a very reasonable price.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Today's Fingerpori:

"And there!"
"No spam, no advertisements"

(people in Finland slap those stickers on their doors in hopes of stopping th endless stream of kebab menus and pillow advertisements from clogging our mailboxes)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Circus Windows in which Mildred makes a prediction.

(again if the thread thinks it's not appropriate for me to post a webcomic here, just tell me and I'll stop.)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

He encourages people to pay their taxes and, beats up child abusers and doesn’t slap around his abusive wife so he’s really a mixed bag.
I just don't think that really makes up for the "the literal KKK operation was too good for you unwashed anarchists" angle

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 6, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The_Other posted:

(again if the thread thinks it's not appropriate for me to post a webcomic here, just tell me and I'll stop.)

What monster would prevent you from posting this?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Your feet can't even reach the pedals, kid!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Boo to you, True.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I thought the first one was just some weird "ha ha boy they drew that awkwardly" thing but no, this dude is definitely trying to get Luann to look at his dick.

"Is that humming sound coming from my balls? Do you smell bacon?" (it's Oglaf, it's :nws:).

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/4-5/01

I posted the wrong one yesterday, so here's the correct one and today's.

Brenda Starr 4/29/45

Smokey Stover 3/20-22/39

After March 20, the New York Daily News stopped running Smokey dailies, although they kept it on Sunday. So I've had to switch to grabbing them from the Baltimore Sun and/or the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, hence the different font in the headlines.

Richard's Poor Almanac

Pat Robertson did indeed call for Hugo Chavez to be assassinated in 2005. I like the touch of giving Robertson Terminator eyes here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

Now now he also trying to get her to look at his rear end.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, Holbrook actually wrote a simple, amusing tech joke that wasn't immediately outdated once. Broken clock and such, I guess.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Today's Fingerpori:

"And there!"
"No spam, no advertisements"

(people in Finland slap those stickers on their doors in hopes of stopping th endless stream of kebab menus and pillow advertisements from clogging our mailboxes)

Yeah, the way those generally work is that the country's postal service respects them (atleast here in Norway.) as long as it's the official sticker you get from the postal service. (Free, just show up and ask for it. Can't ask for extra ones for other people though.)
But people get a bit confused because ads through the postal service only applies to the mass-printed stuff that doesn't have an address on it.
If companies are willing to pay a tiny bit more to slap addresses on each piece of advertisement, they'll still get delivered, as they're just normal mail at that point.

And meanwhile you'll have the companies doing newspaper and magazine deliveres do double duty as ad-delivery, and they will not give a poo poo about those stickers.
(Or just people rolling around slapping fliers out willy-nilly for free because they're doing someone a favor. But those don't make up much of the ad-volume.)

(God I've had so many angry old people wave adressed mail in my face, demanding to know why they got this _AD_!!!!!! I HAVE THE STICKER!!!!! And they rarely appreciated me explaining why they got 'em. As if it's the end of the world that they got that 1 yearly office supplies catalog or whatever.)

Moominposting, with Martians

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Listen I love BCN but it drives me mad that she draws their tongues coming out of their noses

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 8, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 8, 1999)

Garfield Classic (May 8, 1989)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Luann has just been unrelentingly exxxtra horny lately, huh? It's so weird because I know it's Luann and so absolutely nothing will come of any of it.

The_Other posted:

Garfield, Threedom, and Sipowicz: The Holy Trinity.

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Having just finished my fake sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, I fully empathize with Tillman here. Yeah the whole "animal welfare and environmental benefits" thing is nice, but veggie sausage just tastes so good, so much better than what you'd expect.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the seasoning that matters really. Breakfast sausage is an easy flavor.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Mr. Boop

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

Seriously missed out on a chance for a Nurse Shark joke.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The_Other posted:

Oh wow, Pepper the dog is still alive? I don't remember him ever appearing in the later Bad Machinery stories so I assumed he went to that great big dog park in the sky. Glad to know I was wrong. :unsmith:

JethroMcB posted:

Luann has just been unrelentingly exxxtra horny lately, huh? It's so weird because I know it's Luann and so absolutely nothing will come of any of it.

It's like Team Evans poked their head out of their bunker, did a single Google search on what the youths are like nowadays, and the search result told them college students are incredibly horny and also have massive anxiety. It's the only explanation I can think of for the sudden swerve of Bernice being super-horny for Jack and that bout of insecurity about measuring up to her brother and his kids.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The_Other posted:

I dislike the new Mildred, her head is more ovally than I remember.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

That's actually not far off of mid 19th century medicine.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 14, 1943)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

:chloe:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

davidspackage posted:

That's a very determined flasher.
Could be someone with an unusual way of using a doorknob.
Anyone got a guess on this one?

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Is their daughter 3 all the sudden?

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

I had grand plans to have the date on the strip sync up with the current calendar day, but there are no Sunday strips, so I could either skip those days to maintain the calendar date, or I'll :justpost:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Anyone got a guess on this one?

he's telling the children not to hide in the closet because their mother wouldn't appreciate their playing hide-and-seek in the closet.

however, at that exact moment, their mother is playing hide-and-seek in the closet.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

Nappila is gone and his work in Mämmilä is done; Ulf Ekman, exit stage left.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

"I'm not a fan of public fitness" is such a bonkers quote that it's going to stick with me. Does this lady just hit the treadmill in the closet or what?

The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

howe_sam posted:

I dislike the new Mildred, her head is more ovally than I remember.

I think the lipstick is throwing me off more, she looks more recognizable in the cover image

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Ulf Ekman, rear end in a top hat-at-large
drat, Toivo got used and tossed aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

:capitalism: