Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
i first had cadbury's in europe before i ever moved to america and it wasn't that great tbh
unless they just exported the bad stuff to france and germany too and i'll never know the secret flavour of real cadbury's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I do wish America had a version of the Fruit and Nut bar widely available

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm American so I'm definitely used to the taste of Hershey's, but I seriously would not call it vomit flavored. If anything it just taste like...I dunno, cheap fast food chocolate? It's like the difference between cup ramen and an actual bowl of real ramen.

It's not terribly good chocolate either way.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried Synethic for the first time and I am incredibly underwhelmed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Adol needs to be legally barred from ever boarding a ship

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Last month, I played Infamous: Second Son and its DLC, first light. Liked the first, loved the second. I was still in a superhero mood, so on the repeated recommendation of one person in the thread, I downloaded Prototype and started it today.

I lasted about twenty minutes. I'm pretty sure I hate it.

It's got nothing to do with it as a game, it seems fine in that regard, maybe even good. It's just the setting is basically everything that annoys me. Needlessly grimdark tone, edgy protagonist, amnesia as a plot device, and goop. Lots of goop. It's entirely a personal taste thing, but straight up, I do not want to be a goop monster. I don't like goop powers, I never have.

I did appreciate that the game more or less openly tells you right away that you are a horrible murder monster and that you will be killing folks, it's nice to get that out of the way pretty quick. But I just don't think this game is for me. That's not a knock on the game, I've got some weird tastes that are very particular sometimes.

This, however, is very much a knock on the game; it's ugly as sin. I know it's a 360/PS3 game, but there are plenty of games from that era that aged just fine in the art department. This is not one of them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Prototype is mediocre at best, trash at worst, but the plot twist at the end is amazing. You're not playing as the lovely human being, you're playing as the virus who ate him and he was so lovely he infected you with his shittiness

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
thinking about chocolate secret

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

This is what I was about to say.

You may call it "bad" but that's basically acquired tastes in a nutshell. Americans largely are used to it, so we like it and other people don't.

Yeah, Hershey chocolate is a weirdly nostalgic flavor and something that a lot of Americans grew up with. I personally think it's fine, but I've also had plenty of non-Hershey chocolate, European chocolate, etc. and that rules, too. I did start noticing the Hershey aftertaste once I learned about it, but then again, parmesan cheese smells almost exactly like human vomit so hey, sometimes whether something is tasty depends entirely on context :v:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe I was doing something wrong but synethik:

Felt very bulky and tedious. Needing to eject then reload might add challenge to a faster paced/harder game but since it's so easy it just feels like busywork.

It's very easy. The closest I came to dying was when I didn't realize alt tabbing didn't pause.

Looks ugly as hell

The aim penalty while moving makes every gun feel like poo poo.

I might give it another try but for a game people apparently like it was really unimpressive.

RBA Starblade posted:

Prototype is mediocre at best, trash at worst, but the plot twist at the end is amazing. You're not playing as the lovely human being, you're playing as the virus who ate him and he was so lovely he infected you with his shittiness

Prototype owns

also that "Alex" is a way better person than actual Alex, having some vague sympathies to other people and caring about his sister and stuff instead of just being willing to kill everyone out of spite.

It was lame he turned into a generic villain in p2 but oh well.

Prototype 2 is better in every single way, though itdoes lack some of the fun powers like Patsy.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 4, 2021

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Spergatory posted:

This, however, is very much a knock on the game; it's ugly as sin. I know it's a 360/PS3 game, but there are plenty of games from that era that aged just fine in the art department. This is not one of them.

i never played that many games from the period due to not having either console but i was constantly surprised by how pretty sonic unleashed is, especially compared to 06

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The opening bit of the sonic unleashed night level battle music is burned into everyone's mind forever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Help Im Alive posted:

I already beat it with Yunica! This is my second playthrough to see what Hugo's deal is

actually I was wondering, does anything happen if you beat Kishgal in that first fight with Yunica
Oh that's a good point I forgot to think about, I can't remember if this ever got changed but I seemed to remember that there was a weird difference where the PC version let you play the third character (who is a lot of fun) immediately after finishing one playthrough but on console you had to do both Yunica and Hugo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

The opening bit of the sonic unleashed night level battle music is burned into everyone's mind forever

:nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs53hGxi4Fs:nms:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

this is true and a bummer. a lot of night levels have rad music that gets dunked by the battle intro, it's like that meme of the small grumpy bird getting interrupted by the bigger obnoxious bird which i would try to reference more elegantly if i weren't on my phone

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Werehog Battle theme cuts both ways. Like the rest of the song is actually good, but you're never going to hear it because the fights aren't long enough.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh yeah Looper if you're playing Unleashed try to aim for an E rank at least once.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

I do wish America had a version of the Fruit and Nut bar widely available

It's called Chunky and it's... okay

I don't find American chocolate gross just kind of boring compared to literally any other chocolate

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bought biltong once at a 7-11 and when I opened it the meat inside was completely covered in mold

thats why you gotta buy the goon jerky

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ive never really been that into chocolate-based candy (or really any candy for that matter) but any international student I've ever met always mentions how the chocolate here is awful. Feels like America is the Wal-Mart of the world

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

It's called Chunky and it's... okay

I don't find American chocolate gross just kind of boring compared to literally any other chocolate

Chunky is like a Chick O Stick or a Zero bar, they exist but I never see them anywhere

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ive never really been that into chocolate-based candy (or really any candy for that matter) but any international student I've ever met always mentions how the chocolate here is awful. Feels like America is the Wal-Mart of the world

Most international candy is just as bad. Try Salmiakki if you want to see what so called more civilized countries consider candy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Feels like America is the Wal-Mart of the world

correct

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

hersheys tastes fine to me but i think i eat more like imported kinds u get at like tg maxx and stuff???

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hahaha, oh yeah, if you want to talk candy in general as a whole, the US isn't even in the top 10 of disgusting candy, and that includes (so-called) chocolate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i used to like some american candy and sweets as a kid, but returning over a decade later (from europe), it's often not even a guilty pleasure anymore. i don't think it's just me, i think how stuff is made has changed. they taste different than i remember. kit kats, coke and donut holes in particular.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

does anybody have that clip of the Vtuber saying "Welcome home, do you want dinner, a bath, or... Beyblade?" and then it plays a bunch of Beyblades sound effects?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nevermind I found it. Finding videos on Twitter is such a pain in the rear end.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

those werent sound effects, he just had a lot of beyblades. rip kaoru

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

to share with the whole class,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQInzRHxwM

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Gripweed posted:

Nevermind I found it. Finding videos on Twitter is such a pain in the rear end.

don't be stingy, share with the class

edit: thank u

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Yeah chocolate in general is kinda meh to me

As I mentioned before though Stroopwafels are like my favorite sweet candy in the world

And if you think America makes boring candy, visit the UK where you can choose from thousands of different sweets!!!!*

* all of which are composed of shortbread and chocolate

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Like most things in a country the width of a continent, the brands that get popular coast to coast have more to do with being cheap and having an efficient supply chain than quality

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
probably similarly bad for your teeth, but haribo in europe is waaaay better than in the states

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So Tales of Maj'Eyal has various seasonal/holiday events and it's May 4th somewhere so I found this guy while dungeon crawling.

The problem: this particular map is an arena where the outer ring is inaccessible and filled with neutral spectators. The player can't get over there. The wall blocks any move that would dig through it, teleport past it, or any move that could attack through or over it. So there's a stormtrooper just going around killing all of the people at this arena and I can't stop him and we can't even attack each other.

I'm sure there'll be others who'll spawn in reachable locations later but this was the first time I found a stormtrooper in this game so it was just an odd surprise.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone putting Skittles anywhere near the bottom is goofy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I've scanned this list multiple times and am I not seeing Butterfinger anywhere? There are a bunch of other Ferrero/Nestle products on there...

I have been thinking about them ever since the FF14 mount promotion... I am probably going to buy some tomorrow

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

please take two pictures of your receipt, so i can photoshop one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ive only eaten like a whole, two candies in my life