Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

things get :toot:

imo given how annoying a grind it was to get the first nazar you are completely justified with just cheating another one into your inventory, if you wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Sorry Dan but there's nothing you can do to stop me from watching these videos, I regularly watch multi-hour videos of some dude talking about every side quest in the Dragon Age series, you have no power here.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 80 - Triple Threat

We're back to Perfect 25 for a while! :toot: Please enjoy as my brain sorta short circuits trying to figure out how to start this sunplate section

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_world_seeds

This might be of use to Dan and Grace and also anyone else, its a list of developer made world seeds with unusual combinations and effects.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dan I literally beg you.

You have the thing that shows you the tile grid overlayed on the world. It's been in your void bag since forever, and this episode you put it into a chest near where you're working.

This is torture 😭

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Judge Tesla posted:

Sorry Dan but there's nothing you can do to stop me from watching these videos, I regularly watch multi-hour videos of some dude talking about every side quest in the Dragon Age series, you have no power here.

Mikl posted:

Dan I literally beg you.

You have the thing that shows you the tile grid overlayed on the world. It's been in your void bag since forever, and this episode you put it into a chest near where you're working.

This is torture 😭

The two types of Dan & Grace viewers.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Dan I literally beg you.

This is torture 😭

Yeah but it makes my eyes hurt and also I forget a lot :saddumb:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the grid thing sucks, but the ruler is great

the goblin sells it

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Akratic Method posted:

The two types of Dan & Grace viewers.

Their genial contempt for their audience also keeps me very amused and watching.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

biosterous posted:

the grid thing sucks, but the ruler is great

the goblin sells it
Way more practical than trying to measure things out with stacks of dirt before I buy it. Then again Dan and Grace probably laugh at the idea of going out of your way to ensure rooms are the same size as eachother.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It does kinda hurt my OCD-tinged soul that their personal towers are not symmetrical. I know that would partly defeat the purpose of them being personally-designed to their own respective tastes but still.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Akratic Method posted:

It does kinda hurt my OCD-tinged soul that their personal towers are not symmetrical. I know that would partly defeat the purpose of them being personally-designed to their own respective tastes but still.

lol it only ever gets worse, and not even on purpose

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

disposablewords posted:

Their genial contempt for their audience also keeps me very amused and watching.

It's that trademark honesty that keeps people coming back for more, it's much nicer to be called a stupid rear end in a top hat for watching two people farting around in a nightmare house for 40 minutes than a "Like, comment and subscribe" sort.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If I keep people on the defensive, they don't have a chance to expect stuff from me :toot: That's probably a healthy outlook to have

Let's Play Terraria Episode 81 - Turn It Up

We still haven't really decided if we want a pure world or to just let the Hallow go. We sure as gently caress know we don't want the vomit dimension

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Dan and Grace are upset with me -- that's OK, I'll still keep watching that garbage".

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Danaru posted:

If I keep people on the defensive, they don't have a chance to expect stuff from me :toot: That's probably a healthy outlook to have

Let's Play Terraria Episode 81 - Turn It Up

We still haven't really decided if we want a pure world or to just let the Hallow go. We sure as gently caress know we don't want the vomit dimension

I feel I should mention that there is a way to know how much corruption/crimson/hallow in your world, the Dryad will give you a raw percentage for how much of each is present.

Example, she'll say "The world is currently 13% Corrupt and 10% Hallowed

and the Dryad REALLY wants the Hallow to be the dominant force.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

if you Alt-click items on your hotbar (i think you have to have the inventory open at the time) then the T button will no longer throw the item and you don't have to go looking for your stuff

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Judge Tesla posted:

I feel I should mention that there is a way to know how much corruption/crimson/hallow in your world, the Dryad will give you a raw percentage for how much of each is present.

Example, she'll say "The world is currently 13% Corrupt and 10% Hallowed

and the Dryad REALLY wants the Hallow to be the dominant force.

I know about her giving us a percentage, but I figured she was a both sides centrist about the two and just wanted neutral biome. Or, neither sides centrist I guess.

Let's Play Terraria Episode 82 - Cleaning Duty

I know I'll have to actually put work into clementnatning properly some day, but :effort:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

How long till we get to the episodes where Dan talks nonstop about the upcoming Disney/Pixar film Turning Red, which has a girl that turns into a giant Red Panda in it.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Skimming the wiki on dryad quotes for different scenarios, her most enthusiastic responses are for when you've completely eliminated both evil and good biomes, followed by when you're close to accomplishing that.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

you're right with your guess (from however long ago this was), crimtane does not spread the crimson so you can just leave it around

and if you remembered to summon your knifefriend more you'd get annoyed by fewer trash mobs while mining :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

biosterous posted:

and if you remembered

Let me stop you right there

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i knwe it was a pretty big "if" when i posted

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I actually got an Amber dupe the other day. I honestly didn't realize that could happen. Her DPS and utility is so low, they could make her the only 3 star character, and I don't think a lot of people would protest.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Just what we need, a terraria gacha

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

All those words for Gorou and not a mention of Itto? Illuminating.

It's a lot of fun watching you guys get into your megaproject/Real Base work. I've only really gotten to that point in the game once, before hardmode existed, and my Terraria-base-good-look-making abilities were even more poo poo at the time so I made a big boxy (like, literally a giant rectangle) castle out of Demonite bricks floating over a giant pit of lava. When I get to that point again I like to think I'll make something that isn't quite so boring.

It did have an obsidian generator built in, which I was sort of proud of.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I forget how long into my Gorou quest that was since I've sorta lost track of what time even means anymore, but after pulling FIVE Barbaras, I finally managed to get one Gorou like an hour before the banner ended :toot:

Also who the hell is Itto

Let's Play Terraria Episode 83 - Fluffy And Tired Together

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

lol that you start the episode by immediately throwing your best weapon in a corner and appearing not to notice for a solid minute. Those eyeballs saved your rear end.

(seriously, mark your good stuff as favorites so you can't do that)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
There's another session recorded after this episode but I'll probably remember next time we record

Probably

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Nope, them stars are gone for good. They dissolve in the sunlight, so if you wanna pass them to someone else during the day you gotta put them in a box.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Danaru posted:

Also who the hell is Itto

The white-haired dude who was the 5* on the banner Gorou was on!

Seeing the opening of this video reminded me that my motivation for making a floating base way back when was 'because blood moon really sucks and I don't want to deal with it'. Then I found that poo poo just spawned on top of my base so I made a weird airlock system to keep them from getting inside, I think it involved pressure plates? Sadly the world is long lost to the ether, like stars in the daytime, so I can't check.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ayndin posted:

The white-haired dude who was the 5* on the banner Gorou was on!

Seeing the opening of this video reminded me that my motivation for making a floating base way back when was 'because blood moon really sucks and I don't want to deal with it'. Then I found that poo poo just spawned on top of my base so I made a weird airlock system to keep them from getting inside, I think it involved pressure plates? Sadly the world is long lost to the ether, like stars in the daytime, so I can't check.
My self serving idiocy.

"Lava pits on the ground are hard. Lining the roof of your sky house with lava is totally sensible"

Granted I'd never get the coins without the gold magnet accessory through my roofing, unless I take a detour to the rope elevator shafts, but still.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Having a powerful summoned pet that can attack through walls makes Blood Moon trivial, there's a super good one just around the corner for Big Dan and Grace.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 84 - That's How Kirby Works

This might be my personal favourite "upgrade"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 85 - I Love My Golden Panda

It's honestly impressive how much work went into the dye system

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Terraria Episode 85 - I Love My Golden Panda

It's honestly impressive how much work went into the dye system

So if you kill bosses on expert/master then you get treasure bags and inside those bags occasionally are developer armour sets, I think you got one previously, I'm mentioning this because you can also get very special dyes from them that can be very cool looking.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 86 - Can We Keep It?

Sorry for the lull in episodes, it's been uh, a hell of a week

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Terraria Episode 87 - House Penis

I hate the mushroom man's mushroom house

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

He's such a fun guy, how can you hate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Judge Tesla posted:

He's such a fun guy, how can you hate him.

:mad: you're lucky I don't have buttons on the awful app