Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

i say swears online posted:

postgarden was another really active spinoff but that one turned into a slashie death cult. i liked wddp. i think i'm facebook friends with like 30 lf refugees but i don't know anyone's username

Postgarden/postplace banned slashie and was going okay (safe place to post with buds) until the admin committed suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Antonymous posted:

LF was better and I am worse

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Antonymous posted:

I envy those who left when LF closed like I envy the dead

unironically

I dont. this forum sucks rear end sometimes, but twitter is a loving hellscape

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

T-Paine posted:

also the worst posters in the forum will periodically invade them to poo poo them up

you got real lame in your old age

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Antonymous posted:

LF economics thread talked about econ and I learned a lot during the financial crisis

CSPAM economics thread posts "nubmer go up" and only talks about stocks, maybe coins
Yeah people used to try to educate one another and there was a competitive atmosphere where posters strove to outdo and challenge one another.

Here when I tried to post about the destruction of libya being bad and used more than two sentences people said it was prolix(?). and everyon had a meltdown and complained in qcs because guyovich said Bernie wasnt a communist and had flaws in some thread for hooting and hollering about bernie. Sad

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah people used to try to educate one another and there was a competitive atmosphere where posters strove to outdo and challenge one another.

There are still some threads where this happens. It seems to happen less and less because a lot of the good posters were pushed out of this forum. You can look at what happened with the marxism thread as an example.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sunny Side Up posted:

Postgarden/postplace banned slashie and was going okay (safe place to post with buds) until the admin committed suicide.

:smith:

Was slashie actually really an heir to billions? Because that was funny as hell.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sunny Side Up posted:

it was gated though and there had been lots of purges by then though so it was pretty quiet with the main active threads probably being mental health thread and video games thread. i would still say though that not only was lf better than cspam but wddp and rhizzone were too, while they were popping

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Was mypostingcareer a spinoff lf or a spinoff ycs? I remember hearing that one went pretty insane pretty fast

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Was slashie actually really an heir to billions? Because that was funny as hell.

she used to talk a lot about how she "got into" hollywood producing so i'm inclined to believe it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lf has the benefit of having been dead for years so nostalgia makes everyone think it was the best subforum ever. in five years after cspam has been eradicated by the pincer attack from d&d and gbs in the posting wars people will say cspam was the best

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

SplitSoul posted:

In the event anyone cared, Jeff of Yospos confirmed a while back that Slashie is definitely Tiny Brontosaurus, which is kinda, duh, but also kinda lmao.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did she ever go by slashie on the forums? i actually wasn't aware of her until postgarden and then as TB afterward back here

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Xaris posted:

would really like to know what infrateal is up to, he was a good poster

the last thing i ever read about infrateal's doings, and this is hearsay from wddp literally a decade ago, was he got really into minecraft and gradually stopped posting

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

One More Fat Nerd posted:

In the event anyone cared, Jeff of Yospos confirmed a while back that Slashie is definitely Tiny Brontosaurus, which is kinda, duh, but also kinda lmao.

That's, uh... wow. The things you miss out on not reading D&D.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slashie had a thing for cartoon dinosaurs on postgarden so it took me about .2 seconds to make the connection when i saw TB pop up here circa 2015

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
anybody remember bloard

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
hahaha

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

it was gated though and there had been lots of purges by then though so it was pretty quiet with the main active threads probably being mental health thread and video games thread. i would still say though that not only was lf better than cspam but wddp and rhizzone were too, while they were popping

Yeah and honestly for me the most abject lesson was that you have to be ungated but struggle together (criticize constructively) otherwise you see stagnation and dissolution

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Lmao all I remember is she was bosom buddies with Lena Dunham, but Ive forgotten a lot

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

I think the ghost teacup girl (kill all men) is on twitter too but Im blanking on her username

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

slashie had a thing for cartoon dinosaurs on postgarden so it took me about .2 seconds to make the connection when i saw TB pop up here circa 2015

actually it was extremely racist and sexist to assume the psycho poster with a bronto avatar was the same as the other psycho poster with a bronto avatar

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

never let the kramers win....

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

never let the kramers win....

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Rip tpaine, I liked some of your posts.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

tpaine is a protected species pls dont be mean to him

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
let's play serbia introduced me to the nuances of balkan politics

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dreylad posted:

let's play serbia introduced me to the nuances of balkan politics

I just remembered the term inat.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

glorious belgrade, fifteenth rome

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Be well tpaine

she used to talk a lot about how she "got into" hollywood producing so i'm inclined to believe it

lol dang

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Was mypostingcareer a spinoff lf or a spinoff ycs? I remember hearing that one went pretty insane pretty fast

mypostingcareer is people too racist for SASS i think. YCS just made badgame which was good for a while and then went to poo poo in 2016

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
LF was better because it had way more gifs of Picard smoking weed and ABBOK

Also IWC

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

good to see cefte is still around, I dont remember anything specific but I remember enjoying reading their posts

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
What thread(s?) Was tpaine hanging in to cause them to bummer out?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Yadoppsi posted:

What thread(s?) Was tpaine hanging in to cause them to bummer out?

cspam

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Robo Reagan posted:

lf has the benefit of having been dead for years so nostalgia makes everyone think it was the best subforum ever. in five years after cspam has been eradicated by the pincer attack from d&d and gbs in the posting wars people will say cspam was the best

no they wont

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

lumpentroll posted:

no they won’t

Just you wait, we will be talking about rubbys covid penguins and the time a guy named tiny toes got shot in the foot

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Did the 2016 election have as many funny posts in cspam as 2008 had in lf? I feel like part of the nostalgia for lf was due to the sheer volume of comedy that came out of the news cycle in 08. 2016 was also very funny but I could imagine a lot of liberal-ish posters being so chagrined by the rise of trump that people made less jokes about it. I wasnt posting here then though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

there were actual pro-trump voters in 2016 cspam and honestly we are worse having lost them