Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incredible :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Matsui you fucker you were too slow on the pin. Okatani should be the champ rn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saki's head being on swivel as she backs out of the room :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Here's where everyone is at going into the last night:

Endo - Needs to get a better result than Sasaki
Ueno - Needs to win and for Endo to lose
Sasaki - Needs to get a better result than Endo
RSP - Needs to win, Endo to lose and for Ueno/Sasaki to go to a draw
Joey - Needs to win, Sasaki to lose and for Endo/Yoshimura to go to a draw
Yoshimura - Dead, rip orange lad :smith:

Higuchi - Needs a better result than Hino
Chris - Dead, rip lanky lad :smith:
MAO - Dead, rip shaggy lad :smith:
Hino - Needs a better result than Higuchi
Naya - Needs to win and for both Higuchi and Hino to lose
KANON - Dead, rip smily lad :smith:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tonight's Card

DDT “D-OU GRAND PRIX 2022 IN KORAKUEN HALL”, 18/11/2022

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

0. Dark Match: Yusuke Okada Vs Yuki Ishida
0. Dark Match – 3 Vs 4 Handicap Match: Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari & Koju “Shining Ball” Takeda Vs Akito, Masahiro Takanashi, Antonio Honda & Gorgeous Matsuno
1. Minoru Fujita, MJ Paul & KANON Vs Yukio Sakaguchi, Hideki Okatani & Yuya Koroku
2. Special 8-Man Tag Match: HARASHIMA, Naruki Doi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata Vs MAO, Shunma Katsumata, Toi Kojima & Takeshi Masada
3. D-Ou Grand Prix 2022 – A Block: Joey Janela (4) Vs RSP (4)
4. D-Ou Grand Prix 2022 – A Block: Tetsuya Endo (5) Vs Naomi Yoshimura (2)
5. D-Ou Grand Prix 2022 – A Block: Daisuke Sasaki (5) Vs Yuki Ueno (4)
6. D-Ou Grand Prix 2022 – B Block: Chris Brookes (2) Vs Yuji Hino (7)
7. D-Ou Grand Prix 2022 – B Block: Kazusada Higuchi (7) Vs Yukio Naya (6)

Dramatic DDT Preview

quote:

Tomorrow sees which two wrestlers will advance to the D-Ou Grand Prix final. There are no clear single leader in either block and there’s room for an outside competitor to leapfrog over those tied in first place when all is said and done. So it’s time to work out who has to do what to make it to the final. The Head To Head rule is in effect for any tiebreakers, which means whoever won their match against their deadlocked opponent in the block stage moves up on top. If that tiebreaker was a draw then an extra playoff match will have to go ahead somewhere during tomorrow’s show. Remember there are two types of ways points are awarded for matches that end in a draw. A Time Limit Draw or a Double KO results in 1 point given to each wrestler. But a Double DQ/No Contest or a Double Countout means nobody gets any points. There are some crazy scenarios that can happen if there are a mixture of ties happening tomorrow but some are so farfetched I won’t go into those details. These tournaments rarely go the chaos route where multiple claims for first place all get tangled up together at the end. You’ll have to go far back to the 2009 Fire Festival to see something like that.

A Block

1. Tetsuya Endo (5)

Goes to the final by beating Yoshimura and if Sasaki cannot win his match. Will end up tied with Sasaki if both win, leading to a playoff match between the two. Endo goes through with a draw if Sasaki loses and Janela does not win. If Endo and Sasaki both draw their matches, that scenario can turn into a 3 way tie with the winner of Janela Vs RSP.

1. Daisuke Sasaki (5)

Reaches the final by beating Ueno and if Endo cannot win his match. Will end up tied with Endo if both win, leading to a playoff match between the two. Sasaki goes through with a draw if Endo loses and RSP does not win. If Endo and Sasaki both draw their matches, that scenario can turn into a 3 way tie with the winner of Janela Vs RSP.

3. Yuki Ueno (4)

Ueno needs to beat Sasaki and hope that Endo loses. That means he wins the tiebreaker over either Janela or RSP and finishes first. Anything else ends his run.

3. RSP (4)

It gets tricky from here on out. RSP’s route is to beat Janela, see Endo lose and Sasaki Vs Ueno go to a draw in order to get a tiebreaker in his favour.

3. Joey Janela (4)

Janela cannot win the group directly but can reach two playoff scenarios. He needs to beat RSP first of all. Then he can tie on points with either Endo and Sasaki if both draw or Endo and Ueno if Endo draws and Ueno wins. Either scenario results in a 3 Way playoff match.

6. Naomi Yoshimura (2)

No chance of reaching the final. All he can do is play spoiler. Can prevent Endo from finishing in 1st by beating him or possibly tying with him. Most likely to finish dead last unless he wins and Ueno loses.

B Block

1. Yuji Hino (7)

Hino beating Brookes and Higuchi failing to win sends Hino to the final. Hino and Higuchi both winning or drawing to finish with the same amount of points results in a playoff match between the two.

1. Kazusada Higuchi (7)

Higuchi winning against Naya while Hino fails to win sends Higuchi through. Higuchi and Hino both winning or drawing to finish with the same amount of points results in a playoff match between the two.

3. Yukio Naya (6)

Needs to beat Higuchi and Hino to lose in order to leapfrog over both into the final.

4. Chris Brookes (2)

Eliminated but can ruin Hino’s tournament by preventing him from winning their match. Losing puts him in a 3 Way tie for last place with KANON and MAO.

4. KANON (2)

Eliminated with no more matches left. Potentially finishes above MAO because of the Head To Head win.

4. MAO (2)

Eliminated with no more matches left. Potentially finishes below KANON because of the Head To Head loss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BROOKES VS. HINO!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Preshow starting now, main show starts in in half an hour and skips Pheromones

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This match has had some real sloppy stuff, unfortunate since I like both these guys

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Wow just in time for Antonio Honda

Wow just in time for Pheromones

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Turned on early so I wouldn't miss the start of the show, found myself smackdab in the middle of Pheromones bullshit :negative:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I come back from making a coffee and I see Takeda and Matsuno flexing at each other. That's pretty funny

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
That old man's rear end is pretty tight

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Gon has been blessed with the power of a mighty wind

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao every pheromones match should be this

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
honestly I love this

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
farts > sexual assault any day

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
THE POLITICIANS ARE BACK

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Pheromones are over is anyone wanted the all clear

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sometimes I think about what a fantastic wrestler Akito is and how he could be having a fantastic Universal title reign instead of preshow shenanigans

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What's Japanese William Fichtner saying?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

What's Japanese William Fichtner saying?

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1593536343841570816

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If it were happening in GanPro rather than DDT i'd be really excited for an Iino vs Imanari match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man..... yeah I feel bad for cracking a joke now :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah Onita's coming back for another Bakuha

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Eruption stole another group's Young Boy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I love you KANON you ginning madman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahahaha

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lol suckered him in

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Owashi doing lucha poo poo will always get a laugh out of me

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NEPPOWER

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Doi has zero time for TOKYOOOOO

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

loving hell MAO, at least look to see if the guy is in the right position to take your move

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That match was a ton of fun, I could see myself giving it a MOTYC nod if it main evented a random single cam show

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
BLOCK MATCHES BLOCK MATCHES!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

But wait.... if Joey wins, then it will mean that RSP lied all those times he said he was going to win the whole loving tournament! :aaa:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Joey getting some GCW advertising in on the way to the ring

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Joey's elbow drop simultaneously looks less impactful and more dangerous, it's fascinating

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus RSP :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

These guys are aiming to impress tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:stonk: