Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/joshlangerr/status/1709045037567193146

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh huh, Jamaal Adams played less then a quarter before getting a head injury? welp.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Do the Giants simply not have TEs? Why did they constantly go 4 wide and leave their tackles on islands over and over and over?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

three posted:

Do the Giants simply not have TEs? Why did they constantly go 4 wide and leave their tackles on islands over and over and over?

They traded for Waller and never use him.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

If it's not for that one crazy half in Arizona we're talking about this Giants team with the Bears

Giants next 2 are @ Miami and @ Buffalo on SNF

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What are there 8 more Giants and Jets primetime games left? LOL

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
daniel jones lmao

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

daniel jones has been sufficiently tenderized and is now ready to cook

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Daboll in the gif, lol

https://twitter.com/MarcWeberSports/status/1709048773073117248

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Oh huh, Jamaal Adams played less then a quarter before getting a head injury? welp.

then he tried to fight the neurological consultant, which is a great way to prove that you're thinking clearly

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mcmagic posted:

They traded for Waller and never use him.

i thought waller was perpetually injured since joining + also i never thought of him as a great blocking TE anyway (raiders fans can correct me)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

then he tried to fight the neurological consultant, which is a great way to prove that you're thinking clearly

whos going to tell me my brain not work good? some loving science loser? like he knows im how im how i thinking

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

i thought waller was perpetually injured since joining + also i never thought of him as a great blocking TE anyway (raiders fans can correct me)

He's played in all the games.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Even then. When you have a poo poo offensive line and your tackle is being beaten like a drum you have some bloke kicking around your roster who can chip an edge rusher or stay in to help on passing downs.

Going a wide set without help after you've been getting rekt all day does not seem like smart planning.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

That guy had hair when we started…

:hmbol:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Waller is being used, he has the most targets out of anyone. It's just that Jones is butt and Waller isn't a blocker.

There is so much wrong with the team right now, Waller is not an issue at all. He's healthy and he's been fine when the ball actually gets to him.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If you looked at the Giants schedule going into the season, 1-3 would not be an unreasonable prediction. The Giants playing non-competitively for 3.5 games is the awful kicker tho

Dolphins and Bills are Ls and the Commies look way better, so the Giants could be 1-6 going into the Jets game

Lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Giants have a legit shot at Caleb Williams which would be highly annoying.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mcmagic posted:

He's played in all the games.

my bad, it was last year he was injured.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
just watched titans bengals since I missed it on sunday and man the refs kind of screwed the bengals. Multiple super questionable calls at key moments, and non calls on the Titans as well. Definitely one of the most lopsided examples ref variance I've seen for a while, and not just on one or two calls but like five plus

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

so you are telling me Danny Dimes will either win two rings or be a hall of famer? good

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

so you are telling me Danny Dimes will either win two rings or be a hall of famer? good

No he's telling you Daniel Jones will end up either an insufferable pitch man turned Republican political influencer or the worst play by play broadcaster of a generation

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

in 3 years we will never see Daniel Jones again

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i still think there's a good qb in daniel jones. problem is the o-line can't give him enough time to do what would make him a good qb. i mean, he did avoid like 10 sacks last night. a healthy burrow or current herbert would've certainly taken more than jones did last night.

and i think it's gotten to the point where the o-line's ability to give jones time has gotten completely into jones's head, and now his internal clock is rushed and he just can't accurately read and/or throw.

get an adequate o-line, give jones a game or two behind them to restore some confidence, and i think the team instantly becomes pretty decent, if not good. waller and hyatt would excel if jones just had a line.

e: doesn't excuse the tackling. no idea what happened there. but the offense seems pretty self-explanatory.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 3, 2023

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I didn't see the full game. Did they try any quick hitters, screens or do anything to slow down Seattle's rushers? It seemed to be all five to seven step drops late in the game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

I didn't see the full game. Did they try any quick hitters, screens or do anything to slow down Seattle's rushers? It seemed to be all five to seven step drops late in the game.

yeah they did lots of short stuff, Daniel Jones had 27 completions for just 203 yards.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Darth Brooks posted:

Witherspoon was a short pass/screen destroyer. Looking like the 5th overall last night

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Once Thomas and Barkley return the pressure on Jones will ease up but none of that changes that Jones is backup caliber

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Duality of Manning" 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Aw it got deleted.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I can't believe I'm at a point in my life where I actually like Eli Manning. Wild.

Peyton can still gently caress off.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

I got this one.

Carl Cheffers

This is the guy that gave the Chiefs the Super Bowl which seems really off-brand for him

Really off brand, and as examples of his anti-chiefs conspiracy the article gave one from last year’s Super Bowl season, and one from six years prior to that. And then says “But KC actually has a winning record in games refereed by Cheffers, unlike the Eagles.” Convincing stuff

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
There was an Athletic article about how unique Daboll's hiring process is. It's not him hiring friends on a whim but a process where all the existing staff are involved.

https://theathletic.com/4079649/2023/01/13/giants-brian-daboll-coaching-staff/

Yet for some reason he bought along Bobby Johnson from Buffalo to be OL coach. OL was rough during his three year period at the Bills. Allen covers up a lot, but the run game always stunk and no young player under Bobby's watch developed in to something good. That the Giants now have a big stinking turd of an OL should surprise nobody. That their OL draft picks aren't developing should surprise nobody.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I can't believe I'm at a point in my life where I actually like Eli Manning. Wild.

Peyton can still gently caress off.

I kinda view the Manningcast as appointment football television even when they have a terrible guest on, because pretty much anything is more interesting than the standard broadcast style and I love when they get pissed or disappointed at what's going on.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Name Change posted:

I kinda view the Manningcast as appointment football television even when they have a terrible guest on, because pretty much anything is more interesting than the standard broadcast style and I love when they get pissed or disappointed at what's going on.

I rewatch the ending of Broncos Seahawks with Shannon Sharpe from last year regularly

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Name Change posted:

I said it in the GDT, but ManningCast is best when there’s at least one bad QB playing because Peyton gets so worked up about subpar QB play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

It's funny how Eli is usually calm and even-handed when players are loving up, while Peyton just cannot help getting completely exasperated

anyway I think Peyton should definitely get into coaching