Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

This cry probably would have gone a little better if I was wearing normal clothes, my Cuda-suit isn't exactly absorbant, so she's just getting messier the long it goes. I don't mind, but it can't be helping. "Well..." I want to be helpful here, but, "I'll see anything you want to show me, but won't that make it worse?" Still... "Just, whatever you decide, I'm here for you, okay?" Lifting her head up gently, I press my forehead against hers, smiling. I have no idea if this would make a difference for psychic stuff, but it feels nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Home, Sweet Home!

Almost immediately after I offered, I realized that was a terrible idea. I mean, I didn't care about seeing it again. It's already running through my head nonstop. But, you know, so was the secret identity thing. I could try and wall that part off, sure, but there's a pretty good chance something from that would slip through. A dive like before is out, no questions. I rested my forehead against hers for a moment, pulled back and wiped my face down a bit, then kissed her cheek.

I said, peppered with fewer sniffles this time, "I... I've been wanting to spend time with you too, Cuda. A lot. It's... Well, I guess I didn't understand how much I resented this whole thing with Damascus. Like I was sent off to prison. It's tough, you know? I know that he's a good guy and he's doing his best. Like, the me now understands it. But deep down, that resentment still there." I shrugged helplessly. "It hurts, you know? I don't have a lot of people in my life and I don't want to have that eating at me. I just... Don't know how to get rid of it." But, as much as that was pressing on me, there was something else pressing on me: I really wanted to enjoy my time with her. We didn't get a lot of it. I knew why now, of course, but I wanted to take advantage of every minute.

I managed to look coy, which was frankly incredible given the lead-up, and said, "Enough about me, though. I want to focus on you~" A bit of a smile poked through as I sent her a vision of what our night could be. A very impressive display of laser swordsmanship. Cuddling while watching a movie. Cuda getting a very nice massage. A couple of bottles still resting in my bag, liberated from villainous hands.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I was waiting a bit for some kind of vision sequence or something to start up, but eventually Mithril moves away and kisses me, so I guess I managed to cheer her up without that? That's good... I think. Smiling again, I give her lips a quick peck. "I know a ... bit ... about feeling trapped where you live. That's why I decided to go out and be a hero. Maybe you just need some way to escape or rebel against him. Go out and, dunno, act the complete opposite of a hero - not a villain - just, go to ... a concert? and act like everyone else. And you should talk to him about it, since you can." My parents would ... not be receptive.

I want to keep trying to help her, but she cuts that off effectively with a serious of very appealing mental images. "We~ll~ I think I'm done with swordsmanship for the night, but that massage looked divine, and frankly," Sliding my arms lower down her back, I pull her back in for another kiss, holding it rather longer this time, "so did the rest of it. Whose room do you want, yours or mine?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I lose myself in the kiss for a few moments and by the time I can even process what Cuda is asking, I've completely regained my composure. The joys of years of mental training and fortification. It was kind of like that mind palace thing that people did on TV shows, but, you know, real. I'd shut the door to the bad memories and feelings. They weren't going to bother me tonight! That was a matter for a different time. Actually, didn't I have a session coming up? I think I did, I'd have to check my calendar. Of course, that was a matter for later. I had someone demanding my attention at the moment and I was happy to give it to her.

Who's room, though? Ah, the question of the moment. My room was fine, I suppose, other than the— No, no it wasn't. I had completely forgotten about how the workbench area had sort of sprawled to encompass most of it. Including the bed. Those psychic flashbangs — mindbangs? I really needed to come up with a catchy name for those. — were going to be awesome in a few days when I worked out the kinks, but I hadn't really planned on having company over. Lounging on a bunch of crystals and wiring was not my idea of a good time. I whisper in Cuda's ear, "Mm, your place sounds great." I run my hands across her sleek bodysuit. Maybe it wasn't great for crying on, but drat. It was very flattering.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

My room. For the first time since joining the team, I actually wish I'd furnished it with a bit more stuff... but I never had much of a reason too before, so it makes sense. Still, as we head towards it as fast as we can while most of my attention is busy not trying to keep my hands off Mithril at all, I determine to buy a lot more stuff for it, so I have something nice to share with my girlfriend. After several minutes longer than it should have taken to get there, including more than a few complete stops to just kiss her some more, I swing open the door and step inside. "Not much, but it should be plenty comfortable for the two of us." It really is pretty empty, a thick Persian carpet on the floor, a large TV on the wall, several sun lamps, a wardrobe, a treadmill and a couch. I really need to get a bed. Though I'm still not planning on sleeping here. "Make yourself at home, I'll be with you in just a second." I take one last kiss, then move over to the wardrobe, swinging the doors open. Pulling my helmet off and shaking my hair out, I set it inside and slip on a simple black domino mask, giving me a lot more freedom to enjoy Mithril's company while still keeping my face just concealed enough. I wish I could tell her, but it'll just cause drama at school... I don't want her feeling bad about me and Casey! Well, enough of that, the two of us are going to enjoy ourselves tonight! "Okay Mithril," I turn around to face her, smiling happily and unzip the front of my suit partway down, letting my body breath a bit more and giving her some of that view she enjoyed so much before. "Lets start with some of those beers, and if you don't mind, that massage."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

While Cuda goes over to the wardrobe, I decide to lay down on the rug. What? It looks like pretty much the softest thing I've ever seen and we need to be on the floor for that massage. I set my bag on the floor, bottles clinking inside, and pull out a couple of beers. I set 'em next to the rug and do my best 'come hither' pose. It... Well, it probably needs some work. I'd settle for making her laugh, though, she does have a beautiful smile.

When she turns around in that domino mask... Well, my heart certainly flutters. I mean, I guess I still know her more as Cuda than Susanna, but she is very, very cute under that helmet. I guess I never really expected that I'd end up being with one of the biggest names on campus, you know? Even if it only is when she's in costume. The temptation to just tell her I knew and be done with all the artifice and subterfuge is almost overwhelming, but I remember Damascus's words. He felt a little sad when he was talking about it. Maybe he'd ruined a friendship or relationship with something similar? Huh. I did see some pictures of him with one of the other League heroes around the base while I was living there. I'd just... never asked him about it.

I grab a beer and hold it out towards my girlfriend, "I can feel all that tension from here. Good thing I know just how to work it out~!"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tatsu: he grimaces, saying, "They grabbed my bike a few nights ago. Finally tracked them back here last night, and figured since they probably already chopped my bike, I should make sure to roll them all up."

He sighs, saying, "But really, it was kind of an excuse. Wildfire's... worried. I think, anyway. He was watching the tapes that Storm King gave him, and he seemed to think you weren't getting along with your team." He adds, "I told him that you all didn't need to be playing patty cake to work together, but... uh... that just confused him. I really don't want to think about how long I spent convincing him that I didn't actually think patty cake was a valuable team-building exercise."

"Anyway, just giving you a heads up that he might be sticking his nose in soon." He looks down at the hideout, saying, "Well, looks like they're all there now." He readies an arrow to grapple down to the abandoned gas station, and says, "You ready?"

What do you do?

Flaire: Li Yinde is waiting where you tell her to meet up, and she's got some bad news.

"Sometime over the next few days, you and Silver Bolt are going to get some ambush questions talking about how you had some... less than kind opinions about your former teammate. Some people, probably by the name of Tricia Rodriquez-Jones, are even going to try and draw a line between her leaving the team and your talking about her behind her back."

She shrugs, saying, "Just wanted to let you know. I didn't tell anyone. She must have overheard back when we talked."

What do you do?

Silver Bolt, so, now that you're here, do you want to wait for Flaire before you start searching the docks or just get started?

Chimera: Zer0 grumbles, saying, "I wasn't done!" Of course, Zer0 says it in a tone that makes it clear they thought they were done, but then they realized they need to give you more or else you'll probably go complain to Flaire.

What a jerk.

A few more minutes pass as the bot stands motionless before it finally announces, "There. The message came from someone with a low security clearance. So, a really new inductee into the league. I can give you a list."

A list start printing out of the bot's chest. ...Why does it even have that feature?

But, as it prints out, it looks like there's only three people:
Perseus, the monster hunter who wants to be everyone's best friend
Wildfire, Flaire's rival fire user
Nock, a lone bowman who you've heard Tatsu mention

Who do you think is most suspicious on the list? What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 3/5 | Conditions:

"Thanks," I mumble while taking the list from Zer0. I look over it, trying to think of who the most likely candidate is. Nock is a loner but he's associated with Tatsu and doesn't really have anything against him right? Or me by extension I hope. Perseus...monster hunter but friendly. I don't think he's the kind to do something like this. Firebrand...a rival of Flaire and kind of a weird jerk from what I've heard. What if he decided I'm a threat? Yeah out of all three he seems the most likely.

"See you later I guess," I say as I put the list in a pocket, turn my arms into wings, and then fly off. I figure I'll head to where Firebrand patrols and see if I can run into him there. Or maybe he'll come to me if he's doing this crap. Well if he is then I'm going to make him regret it.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Okay, maybe it's not the sexiest come hither pose I've ever seen - actually on the basis of it being the only one I've ever seen in it is - but it works well enough on me, getting me to hurry back over to her and flop down on the floor next to her. "Mm, I can't wait. Can you really though?" I take the beer and pop it open, looking curiously at her. "Feel the tension I mean? That must be pretty stressful to feel everyone's tension and tiredness and everything else, all the time. School must be hell." Propping myself up a little, I take a gulp of beer, pulling a face for a moment before grinning a bit sheepishly at her. "Guh, wasn't what I expected. Never had beer before, but," I take another short sip, then dart my head forward to kiss her lightly on the lips again, "you're sweet enough to make up for it." Oh god that was so cheesy.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I pop mine open and take a big, foamy swig. It's... not the worst thing I've ever drank? Damascus had that whole wheat grass phase and this is positively delicious in comparison. It still tastes funky, but nothing I can't handle. I am eating this wordplay up, though, I'll tell you that. Being sweet and goofy and weird with Cuda is exactly what I needed to get my mind off of things.

I smile, a little sadness creeping in at the eyes, when she mentions school, "Yeah, more or less. Some days it's really tough. There was this big break-up a few weeks back and, uh, there were a lot of feelings involved." I sigh. "The only thing worse than spending a couple of periods sobbing in the bathroom over a break-up is when you're doing it over someone else's. I try to lock my telepathy down as much as I can, but anything that's stronger than the usual chatter can get through. Otherwise I wouldn't know if Damascus was trying to get in touch or if there was an emergency or something. I guess that's not as big a deal now that I'm with the Vigil and we have communicators, but it's hard to break the habit. With you and the team, when we're on patrol, I loosen things up a bit. It's important to know how you're all doing so I can help."

That last bit actually brings my smile back. If it wasn't for that awareness, I wouldn't be here with her. I prop myself up and run my finger along one of the spots where her muscles are tensed up and knotted. Definitely going to need to work that out. I set my beer down after another swig, roll over into a mounted position, and say, "All right, here we go~!"

I start things off pretty light. Mostly a light knead to warm up and loosen the muscles, with subtle TK thrusts to work the extra-stiff areas. Her arms and shoulders are feeling all sorts of janked up, so I spend most of my time up there. That doesn't stop me from sneaking a few kisses to her cheek and neck, though, not by a long shot!

After a minute or so, I drain the rest of my beer, crack another one open, and say, "How's that feeling so far? Any spots you want me to hit a little harder? Tonight..." I run a finger lightly along her cheek. "...your wish is my command." That was a thing people said in this sort of situation, right? Cool.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Wish I hadn't brought that up now, but she seems to cheer up fairly quickly, which I'm glad of. I take one last sip, a bit bigger this time, while Mithril gets into position, then lay down properly, quickly melting into a puddle on the floor as she works the knots away with amazing precision. Must be the telekinesis again, it's like she knows the perfect spots. "ooooohhh~" I must look like a mess, a contented smile on my face as I just lay there, feeling a weeks worth of stress and a days worth of exertion pushed out of me. Resting my cheek on my hands, I look up at her sideways. "perfect, a little more on the shoulders, but..." A pleasant shiver runs along my spine, sent from her finger, and I push myself half up, taking another swig of beer, then a second, and surprised to find it nearly empty already I finish it off, then smile even wider at her. "if you say that, you might end up getting more than you expected." Reaching out, I snag her lightly by the collar, pulling her in for a long kiss, holding it so long I have to gasp for breath when I finally release it. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, my cheeks a bit flushed. "Unless you can already see what I'm thinking of."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

What a kiss! A blush quickly overwhelms my face as Cuda's feelings mingle and mix with my own. That beer must be doing its business — my filters are starting to give out. I'm pretty sure that I know what she's thinking — my own thoughts are basically running in the sort of direction she's alluding too — but it would be way more enjoyable to hear her say it. After taking another long pull from my beer, I lean in and nibble at her earlobe, then breathily say, "Whatever you want, Cuda~! Just say the word~!" My hands start playing up and down her sides, one falling towards her hips as the other pulls her closer into an embrace. Not one to leave her wanting, I keep working her shoulders with presses of telekinetic force. I fight with four swords, right? My multi-tasking is unreal, even with this much stimulation.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Unlike Mithril, my coordination in rapidly deteriorating, so instead of trying to find and open another beer, I just catch her hand before she can set it back down and grab a drink from hers. Smacking my lips, I kiss at her neck while she nibbles and whispers into my ear, shivering again and gasping lightly. "ahh, I want you to..." I've never said something like this, I can't quite find the words, or at least the one right ones. Everything that comes to mind feels too crude or too lacking. And my nerves are growing, but, no, that's Susanna who worries about things, I didn't put my mask on so I could worry and fuss, I did it so I could be myself, and I know this is what I want. And I've found the words. Eyes gleaming, I reach out to start undoing the buttons of her shirt with fumbling fingers, and whisper back, "I want you."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I don't think my smile could get any bigger. I mean, yeah, there's some logistics to come that I have no idea how to handle, but... well! We'll figure that out as we go. All I know is that right now I'm with Cuda, one of the most important people in my life, and I want to work it out with her. Together. So there's only one thing I can say to that. I murmur back, "I want you, too." I knock back the rest of the beer, try to set it down nicely and began to work her bodysuit free from her shoulders as she fumbled with my top's buttons. I think about helping her with the buttons, briefly, but there's something I'd rather be working on. Her wish is my command after all~. My hands vanish under the slick material of her suit. The way her breath catches and her mouth works, I'm pretty sure doing something right.

Her feelings are mixing with mine, maybe mine with hers? It's getting hard to separate who's thinking and feeling what. It's amazing. I feel so wanted, so complete.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

It's hard work getting Mithril's shirt open and my hands inside, made rather harder by her beating me to it, which suddenly made it much harder to concentrate on simple things like buttons. Eventually, I get the job done, and is it because she's a psychic, or just because of intense excitement and emotional state, it seems like I can feel her own emotions and desire pouring into me as I touch her. Whichever it is, I gasp and kiss her again, what might be the most intense kiss I've had up until now and then wrap myself around her. Hands exploring entirely new terrain, I pull us both back to the floor, entirely unable to catch my breath despite both of us just having started. It's going to be a long and exciting night.

Fading

and marking off get drunk with a teammate, I'll clear Insecure

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Nock, Nock, Nocking on the Chopshop's Door

"Dunno what I can actually do about it, but thanks for the heads up."

I gather my legs up underneath me and brace myself against the roof. Lesse... if I aim aroundabouts there... that'll probably get me there, or close enough. Gotta love super strength jumping, eh?

"Let's kick this off."

It's time to do what I do best.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Meeting -> The Docks

Meeting with Li Yinde up on the top floor of the base, I'm going to just pretend that Barracuda and Mithril didn't refuse to help Silver Bolt so they could hang out at the base by themselves, since that's sort of hosed up of them - I've got a job to do here after all, and from the sound of it I've got my work cut out for me. Awful nice of Li Yinde to clue me in to what's going to happen courtesy Tricia Rodriquez-Jones, since she's definitely just given me a chance to fix this. All I have to do is contact Bunny Bat and get her to confirm that she knew what I said - and she did, I admitted it to her - and we've got this thing totally diffused, and her looking like an idiot for trying that particular angle. Gonna teach her a thing or two about coming after the Vigil, especially with ME handling out PR.

Smiling at the journalist, I adjust my hat real quick, then respond to her news in a chipper tone. "I appreciate you telling me this, thanks a ton - think I got a solution in mind already, too~" Hard to not be pleased about it. "Anything you'd like from me in exchange for doing us this big favor? It'll need to be a different day - got Hero business like, right now and ahhh Bolt's gonna be pissed - but I am definitely happy to repay you for this!"

After a very hurried tour of certain parts of the base, I escort her out of there, and rapidly rocket my way towards the coordinates Silver Bolt provided for me...

-----------------------

It's actually a little difficult to find Silver Bolt, even knowing where we're supposed to meet up. I was totally hoping to surprise him, but he's got those ninja skills or whatever, and I'm wearing super colorful clothes and do not have said ninja skills, so yeah that didn't work - but once he alerts me to where he is, I head over to meet up with him. Never been on a stakeout before - they're sort of the opposite sort of heroing that I like doing. Low visibility and boring, basically, but Bolt did ask for help - and its a good chance to get to know him a little better.

"Hey Bolt~" I stage-whisper, sauntering over and grinning up at him before embracing him. "So, where are we staking out or whatever? Was I supposed to bring snacks or something?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +1 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 5/5! / Conditions: ANGRY

When I got to the docks, I hid the Argentcycle just outside the gate to the shipping area and checked the fence, looking for any obvious signs of someone cutting their way in. I couldn't fly like Flaire or jump around like 'Cuda, but I could climb the really big oak tree that crossed the fence a little ways from the gate. It was a one-way entrance, but I figured I'd worry about getting out when it came time to do it. If we caught someone doing something villainous, it was gonna get loud in a hurry anyway.

I kept to the shadows pretty well, dark suit, and all. Still, I didn't see much that looked unusual. I was starting to worry that Flaire had stood me up when I saw her coming in hot- and I was pretty sure so did like, everyone else with eyeballs in the area. Fire-flight wasn't exactly subtle. I silently nodded and thought Nika was sure right sometimes. Flaire wasn't very sneaky and was probably the worst partner to have on a stakeout...

But she was also the only person who'd come to help me at all, and that got her major style points in my book. I sent her a quick text saying I'd be on top of the biggest stack of blue cargo containers, and she looked around and found me pretty quick. From up there we'd be able to watch the whole area, so if anything was going to happen we'd be sure to see it.

Flaire posted:

"Hey Bolt~" I stage-whisper, sauntering over and grinning up at him before embracing him. "So, where are we staking out or whatever? Was I supposed to bring snacks or something?"

"No snacks, no drinks," I said, giving her a hug back. "I've heard too many stories from my family about how something got away because a Hunter had to pee." I hoped that would make her laugh at least. "So..." I said, a little awkward once we separated. "Um, the security guard station is over there, and there's lights in that area. I figure if anything bad's going to happen its over here in this quadrant. The camera's missing from that pole, you can see where there used to be one, and the light is broken too."

I quickly explained the stuff I'd learned from the hospital, about the patients in comas who'd gone missing at the docks, without exactly saying how I'd gotten the information.

"This is a pretty big deal for me," I admitted. "I guess some of the League heroes are already looking into it."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Stakeout

It's sort of hilarious to imagine a badass monster hunter letting some baddie escape due to an ill-timed bathroom break - definitely not the sort of thing you'd picture happening to Silver Bolt or Night Hunter - I can't help but giggle a little. "Oh sure, you heard it from your 'family' - no practical experience with that happening, I gotcha~" Giving him a wink, I'm definitely gonna keep teasing him about it throughout the night... but quietly. We're on a stakeout!

An important stakeout, from the sound of things, coma's and hospitals and so on. Bolt's already picked out where the trouble's likely to be, what we need to do, investigated a lot to get to this point... geez, and I thought I had a busy day so far. Guess all he needs from me is to be an extra set of eyes and keep him company, which I can manage. In a way, no one else on the team agreeing to help out (rude) is actually a good thing~

Nodding when he mentions its important to him - I'd gathered that, it's part of why I'm here - I give him a reassuring grin, immediately spotting an upside to this whole thing. "If some of the League heroes are looking into things, it'd definitely help out the Vigil if we cracked the case first." Sitting down next to him, removing my hat and setting it behind me (and quickly adjusting my hair), I give him a super brief retelling of my activities today, concentrating on Chimera, Zer0, and Li Yinde... and while I do, I keep a watch on Silver Bolt while he watches the docks. What's up with this investigation he's on, anyways? I'm sure he's told me what he can, but that doesn't mean I'm not curious still...

<Rauri> Pierce Silver Bolt's Mask
<Rauri> !r 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8-2 = 6
<Rauri> dammit that's actually a 7, forgot about influence
Asking what are you really planning?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

(Okay so maybe, ONCE, it happened to me, but I'm sure not telling Flaire about that.)

"Yeah, it'd be pretty good for our reputation if we beat them to it," I agreed. "But that means it's more dangerous too."

I listened to her when she told me about her day, adding a joke here and there. "Zer0 seems cool, it'd be nice to have someone who can do tech on our side and isn't one of BB's old villain pals." I took mom's communicator out and just held it. Where was she? Why couldn't this ugly jerk show up already? I was tired of waiting.

"I'm glad you're on top of the press stuff," I said, stuffing it back in my pocket. "I don't really think about the "Optics", the way you do. Well, I don't think anyone does," I laughed a little, but I couldn't even focus on my own bad joke. I checked my crossbow, made sure I had the piercing barbed tips loaded. They were supposed to be for wood grappling but I couldn't care less right now.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're here. I..." I sighed. "I don't know if I should be alone right now."

Silver Bolt is planning to hurt this villain, not just catch him.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I honestly like this. Just the two of us, no cameras, no pressure, no pressing emergency... it's almost normal. Almost is the key word there, since I'm sitting next to a dude with a crossbow strapped to his back and waiting to jump a supervillain, but still. The night being so peaceful doesn't hurt things either. "Oh c'mon, the two of us can handle some danger!" Easily I bet. Neither of us may have super toughness, but we're both the most professional people on the team, and we've got some pretty overwhelming firepower.

Listening to him praise my handling of the Vigil's brand, I can't help but blush a little. "I mean... I'm basically second in charge, right?" I've assumed I am. "You're all shadowy and mysterious, so you handle being the team leader and directing us when it matters - I make sure people like us, and see the best parts of everyone on the team." No I'm not talking about the erotic art that exists of us, I'm talking about people seeing the constituent members of the Moonlight Vigil as heroes to be respected, not weirdos to be mocked or feared.

Still... Silver Bolt's worried. No... not quite that, he's angry. He's going to hurt somebody, I'm sure of it. That - I mean, on the one hand, he's a monster hunter, that's sort of what they do. This situation's really serious, even if he won't talk to me about it too much. And yet, that doesn't really seem like him. I think the reason we all voted for him as leader is that we believe in him, that he both knows the right thing and will do it even when it's difficult. He's literally the only person on the team without powers, and yeah all of us respect him more than anyone else - I don't want him to risk that.

I put my hand on his shoulder, scooting into him and smiling. "Don't worry, you're not alone - sorta stuck with me, actually." I'm a kickass heroine with a loving boyfriend; my life is the best. "And as a part of that... when we catch whoever's behind this, I get to question them, OK?" That'll remove the temptation for Bolt to hurt them too bad, there's no way he'll hurt somebody in front of me.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"No," I snapped. "They're mine."

I regretted saying it pretty much immediately. Because I didn't want to meet Flaire's eyes after I said it. She didn't know why I was mad, but she knew enough to want to stop me from... what exactly? I looked down at my crossbow.

"This isn't like me," I said. "Sorry, Flaire. It's just..." The words caught in my throat. I hadn't told anyone outside the family. I probably shouldn't either, but if I didn't tell someone I was gonna get sick, or hurt someone. I couldn't keep it bottled up anymore. And I knew I could trust Flaire. She wouldn't tell anyone if I asked her not to, and she was the only one who had my back. I crouched on the edge of the crate stack, keeping watch while I told her the truth.

"It's Night Hunter," I said. "She's missing. It's been a couple weeks now and we haven't heard anything, and she's never done this before, gone somewhere without telling us, so I think she might have gotten caught or hurt or... I don't know. I don't know anything, anymore. All I do know is this was her case when she vanished."

I took the sharp-tips out of my weapon and shoved them back in the quiver on my hip.

"If she doesn't come back... I don't know what's going to happen. I haven't been this scared for her since the dimensional rift thing. The Hunter's Guild... We're not like most of you real heroes, you know? We're not super fast or strong or tough. We can't fly or read minds or shoot lasers or do any of that crap. We work our asses off just to keep up, and when we get hurt, that's it. That's the end of our hero careers. Not if, when. Grandpa and Grandma, Mom, Me, Sis... we're just too normal. About the only thing we have going is our Alchemy mixes and that's... well, it's basically ancient herb gardening. It's enough, for now, barely."

----

Team Move: When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a condition and give them Influence over you." (Secret is that the Hunters use Alchemy. Clearing Angry.)

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Silver Bolt and Flaire: When you're done talking, you both go back to combing the warehouses. After another hours, one of you finally spots something. There's one warehouse that has a trio of guards in front of the only door and steel bars over shuttered windows. No other warehouse has had that sort of security.

There's something in there that someone doesn't want you or anyone else to see. Period. What do you do?

The Love Birds: as you cuddle with each other an indeterminate amount of time later, you both have plenty of time to think. Also, that's probably a celebration with a teammate

Barracuda: Well, that was wonderful, right? ...So, not to pry, but have you even gotten past first base with Casey? Either way, feel any guilt about cheating on him? Or is Barracuda separate enough in your mind that it doesn't count?

Mithril: Good job not letting on that you know who she is. I mean, if she's wearing a domino mask when she's... uh... intimate, she must be REALLY serious about her identity. Also, I'm guessing that was your first time, right? Freaking out any? Probably not telling Damascus about this part, right? Also, when are you telling Roxy about this? ...You are, right?

Tatsu: As you land, you hear the quiet sound of Nock sliding down a rope arrow to join you. Kicking in the door reveals over a dozen young men and women in mechanic's jumpsuits and wielding power tools and a bike that looks similar enough to yours to provoke a brief jolt of fear. Thankfully, you recognize it isn't yours. What's special about your bike that makes you realize this isn't yours?

One of women brandishes a power saw and yells, "Get out of here, you punk! You ain't welcome here" Nock follows right behind, blunt arrow already nocked. He looks over to you, grinning while saying, "Well, this is gonna be fun. After you."

What do you do?

Chimera: swinging around down by Haylcon Acres turns up Firebrand pretty quick. He flags you down while flying towards you, so at least he's not attacking you. Already a step up from some of Flaire's "friends." He does seem a little suspicious as he says, "You seem a little lost. Can I help with something?"

Then, with slight recognition in his voice, he adds, "Wait, you look familiar... You must be with the league, right? Do you have a sponsor?"

What do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 3+1/5 | Conditions:

"Eye don't know, do I look familiar?" Let's see how he reacts to that.

[01:45] <Heliotrope> Pierce Firebrand's Mask
[01:45] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6-1
[01:45] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 4-1 = 3
Marking potential

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'm... Wow. Wow. That was... Wow. Words are still tough, even now. I mean, I haven't done anything like that before. Ever. And with the feedback from Cuda, it was mind-blowing. I mean, seriously. Krshew! Mind blown. For now, I'm happy to just cuddle with Cuda. But as for the identity thing? I mean, I think I'm pretty well convinced by what she told me in the woods. This isn't a mask. This is the real her. And, call me crazy, but I'm starting to get why she feels that way. She sounded so unhappy at school.

I guess I'd be freaking out if things were different. If it was someone who didn't make me feel so safe. So loved. But... yeah, definitely not going to tell Damascus about it. I'm not going to lie or anything, but that's a me thing. He doesn't tell me about his love life. Either way, it'd just be weird. The guy is, basically, my dad. A very responsible, heroic dad. I'm not about to tell him that his sorta-daughter just went all the way with her masked teammate while drinking alcohol that she stole from a party with villainous super-teens. That's just asking for all sorts of lectures. Roxy gets (almost) all the deets, though, that's a sacred oath between best friends. She'll get the run-down... tomorrow? Whenever we meet up next. Not tonight, though, tonight is just for me and Cuda.

Maybe this thing with the Vigil hasn't been exactly what Damascus wanted it to be for me, but I'm feeling more like my own person than I ever have. I nibble at Cuda's ear, just a little, and ask, "Hey, Cuda. Do you... do you think I've been a good addition to the team?"

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you’ve been an effective teammate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you, and you take +1 forward on using the Label your mentor embodies.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Nock, Nock, Nocking on the Chopshop's Door

It's one of a fuckin' kind, that's what makes it special! Ain't a part on that thing that I haven't replaced at least once, if not three or four times. It's one hundred percent unique, not another like it on the planet. And if these shitfucks had actually got their mitts on it, well... they'd be lucky that Nock was here, insteada just me. So good for them.

Anyway, it's time for the fun part of this 'superhero' crap. And to make it even better, this is one of those great times where civic duty crosses over with venting.

Time to get to work!

[13:46:14] <ShootaBoy> Directly Engage the Chopshop
[13:46:19] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+2
[13:46:20] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 6+2 = 8
Resisting and avoiding their blows.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

That's... OK, lot of stuff to unpack here. Glad Bolt's trusting me to question them - and that I made the right call about what he was intending, which given what I know now I can't really blame him much for. Then there's his mom being missing which is scary on a couple levels, and yeah it explains why he's done all this detective work off by himself. Then the alchemy stuff, which finally explains those cool trick arrows of his. Finally, there's that somehow, of everybody on the team, he seems to think that he doesn't belong here or something? That he's going to hurt too bad one day... no, I'm not going to think about it - that's ludicrous. He'll be fine; more than fine!

"Sorry about your mom," I make sure to say first, sitting next to him on the shipping container and dangling my feet over the side while keeping ostensibly keeping watch. "We'll definitely find her - I mean, you know her better than I do," I have never met her, "but I've read ALL about her adventures - she's gotta be fine, bet there's just something extra-important going on." I'm an optimist, I seventy percent or so believe what I just said. Trust me, I wouldn't want to mess with Night Hunter one bit, and like Silver Bolt seems a little hung up on, I have powers. The smile I've got on is at one hundred percent though, since I am going to be reassuring for him dammit.

Scooting closer so I can yawn, then throw an arm around his waist in the most subtle display ever. "And also... you know we all voted you leader for a reason, right?" Tapping his nose with my free hand, I somehow sound smug about complimenting him. "I mean, a couple reasons - you're the most heroic, everyone respects you, and that even without powers you're probably the most effective person on the team. Tatsu's power is that he can die a whole bunch, Bunny Bat can't appear in mirrors, Chimera's got her skin condition - they're not all they're cracked up to be sometimes." Booping him on the nose with my finger, I somehow manage to smile a little more.

"And to clarify, I partially voted for you since you're cute. But seriously, you're the leader of a team of superheroes, you are sooo not a powerless regular person - lets just make sure and find you some magic armor or something, OK?" That'd make me feel safer.

Since already have influence, get to shift labels, so +1 Savior -1 Mundane

-----------------------------------

Stupid warehouse, things were just about to get good, we were totally going to head back to our hiding spot to 'observe the area'. Stupid foot patrolling. Sneaking around behind Silver Bolt as we check out the last building, can't help but think my bright red costume and point hat not exactly ideal for recon work, but here I am. Gahhh, just my luck that we actually find something on the stakeout. I mean I'd be cool with it if it'd been after things, but NOOOO, can't have that can I?!

Trio of guards for no reason, ditto reinforced building... yup, either we found a massive grow-op, or there's some supervillainy afoot, and hoping for the first but knowing I'm not that lucky. Feeling vaguely ridiculous, I take my hat off and then peak around the corner, trying to ascertain what to do here. Wanna talk about not having much in the way of powers, and being in trouble if you mess up? I'm sneaking around with a super talented ninja-Helsing or whatever while wearing a flashy outfit - while he can just do his hide in the shadows thing, I have to plan my approach incredibly carefully to make up for my utter lack of sneaking-mission experience. Wish me luck~

<Rauri> Flaire Assess The Situation
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
Asking "what here can I use to bypass those security measures?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 / Conditions: ANGRY

Whoa... Flaire thinks I'm heroic? I was glad it was dark because I knew I was blushing. Flaire knows more about heroes than most heroes do so it means a lot to hear her say that. I hadn't thought my bolts were all that special but that's because inside my family they aren't. They're mostly just basic effects, I don't even need any weird ingredients to make them. Compared to some of the stuff I've read about in the Hunter Journals, they're baby toys. But... my family isn't exactly normal. Maybe I haven't been giving myself a fair shot. (Hah.) It's not like we're the only heroes without powers.

"You're right," I said, feeling a lot more confident. "Thanks, Flaire. I'm done complaining. I can do this. WE can do this. Let's do a patrol, I've got a good feeling. Oh... and no thanks on the armor. Makes it really hard to sneak up on people if you go clink clink every step." I smiled at her and pushed myself off the crate, skipping silently down to the ground.

-----

Okay, so Flaire is basically hopeless at stealth. Which is... fine, honestly. We've all got our weaknesses. Keeping a straight face while she tried to keep to the shadows in her bright red costume was really, really hard. But I did it. I didn't want to make her feel like she was unappreciated. She was actually the one who noticed the Highly Suspicious Warehouse first. I gave her a double thumbs up and sneaked a little closer, looking for some way to get the guards out of there so we could check the place out.

I didn't like the blocked windows at all. Too many things hated sunlight. It could be to keep eyes off whatever bad guy stuff was happening but... well, this was Night Hunter we were looking for. If Mom was involved, I was expecting monsters, not drug lords.

----

[01:32] <mistaya> doubling up on assessment
[01:33] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[01:33] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 7+1 = 8

Question: What here can I use to distract these guards? +1 to acting on it.
(Figure Flaire's Question is about getting inside the building unseen more so than just the guards.)

Also: Using my pending advance to Unlock Moment of Truth, since hey, that sounds handy to have in my back pocket!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I suppose baseball metaphors are appropriate for Casey, but no, we've never gone past first base. I never expressed interest in it and he never asked or tried for it, probably because of his good religious upbringing. Though I'm sure he'd have jumped for it if I made a push. I see the way he looks at me when I'm dressed up as Cuda. As for being guilty.... not really. I feel a bit bad that he's stuck in this deadend relationship just like I am, but that has nothing to do with me being with Mithril. Instead of worrying about that, I cuddle up closer to Mithril.

Until she nibbles my ear and asks that question, anyway. Then I pull back a little so I can look at her face more carefully, surprised. "What do you mean? Of course you've been a good addition! ...we haven't actually done anything official as a team yet, but you were great during the training camp and anyway, you're the one who talked me into staying, aren't you? We wouldn't be a team without you." Smiling again, I give her a light peck on the lips and then cuddle back in again, nuzzling softly at her neck. My mind wandering along lines of thought about belonging and the team, eventually I raise a different, but related subject. "Do you think of me as Barracuda, or the girl under the mask? I don't mind either way, really, but I'd like to know what you think."

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they see you as the person wearing the mask or the person underneath. If the former, mark potential and clear a condition. If the latter, take Influence over them if you reveal yourself.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Home, Sweet Home!

Her answer makes me smile. I mean, she's right. We haven't really done much as a team, but... Well, she's here with me. I'm working with a bunch of really great people. Hell, I think Tatsu even likes me. If that's not an accomplishment, I don't think anything is. And, in my own way, I think I'm starting to figure out what it means to be a hero. I've heard Damascus's take on it so many times, but that was the answer he came to. Isn't the reason I'm here to find it all out on my own? I can't stand side-by-side with him if I just crib off of his take.

Damascus loses Influence and marking Potential.

Cuda's question is a bit... Well, it's complicated. I'm in the strange position of trying to figure that out for myself. Is she Susanna? Is she Barracuda? Can you even really separate the two? Still, when I think about it, there's really only one answer.

I smile, holding her close, "You're 'Cuda. It's... Well, you're right. Remember what you told me in the forest? You always seem so much happier when you're suited up. I don't know much about who you are without it, but I think you're you — the real you — when you have that sense of freedom to be what you want without having to put on a show for people." I pause for a moment, "That doesn't mean I don't want to see that beautiful face of yours some day, — I absolutely do — but... Well, I want to wait until it's the real you too." I make a face. "God, that sounded so much better in my head."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flaire: Well... the shudders and bars are only steel and wood, and you're a master of flame. Should be pretty easy to get inside. Of course, those guards might notice a sudden, bright light from above them. So you'd have to go really slow if you don't take care of them first.

Silver Bolt: As soon as you look at the guards, you've got a hunch you know what they are. Only a moment of further study confirms it. They're Renfields, humans who are deep under a mature vampire's sway.

They're usually singleminded when it comes to their tasks, but you remember your training. What's your training say on how to distract them?

Tatsu: Yeah! This is more like it, right? A good, old fashioned brawl with a buddy who doesn't expect to sit in a circle and sing kumbaya afterwards. The pair of you have already knocked out the first wave that came at you barehanded. But the others got smart and grabbed some of the power tools... Torches spit fire and saws buzz menacingly as the others approach.

What do you do?

Chimera: If there's a reaction to your emphasis on Eye, you don't see it. However, he does snap his fingers (sending up a small tongue of flame) as he realizes how he knows you. "You're on that team with showboat Flaire, aren't you? What, she having you spy on me or something? That's pretty sad, to be honest."

He's provoking you with a 10+. Tell him why you're here, or eat a condition.

Steelfish: I'm sure you're having a grand old time, but you both hear a voice over the base's intercom, saying, "Hello! I stopped by for a moment, Mithril. I'm in the common room when you have a moment."

Mithril: ...Yeah, that's Damascus' voice. Pretty considerate of him to actually call out instead of just starting a mental link, right?
Of course... his timing could be better...

Anyway, what do you do?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Potential 4+1/5 | Conditions:

"No, that's not why I'm here jackass." There's a edge to my voice now. God he's so irritating.

Marking Angry, and taking +1 forward from Coming For You

"You know why I'm here. It's not for Flaire. Cut this smug crap and just tell me what your problem is."

[00:00] <Heliotrope> Reject Firebrand's Influence
[00:00] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+1
[00:00] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 7+1 = 8
Includes +1 from Coming For You. Marking potential for acting to prove him wrong, will pick an advance later.

"Otherwise, are we just going to skip to fighting each other or what?" Come on tough guy, let's see how smart you are.

[00:04] <Heliotrope> Prvoke Firebrand
[00:04] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6-1
[00:04] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 10-1 = 9
Trying to get him to admit to sending the message or telling the truth if he really didn't.

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 1, 2017

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Warehouse

I've got a great idea - and it's a good thing too, since otherwise I'm screwed for making it in while those guys are watching up above. Here goes nothing!

Step one - and I need to focus on this one because it's pretty difficult. So basically, going to try and manifest my fire farther away from me than normal - and concentrate it into what for all intents and purposes will appear to be fireworks going off. Hopefully sound like them too, but yeah little bit less sure of being able to do that. Never really practiced this before, but c'mon, I'm totally awesome with my powers, I bet I can totally pull it off. Concentrating on the skyline over a warehouse a few blocks away and not in line of sight of step two of my plan, I put super new-theory into practice - it's magic time~

<Rauri> Are the Guards Watching Closely?
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri 2+3 = 5
<Rauri> rofl
<Tricky> Flaire is quite possibly the stealthiest of us all. :v
<Rauri> actually hmm via assess that's a 6
<Rauri> so Bolt could technically save it
Provided Bolt saves it, picking get an opportunity and avoid further entanglement.

Step two - with the guards now obviously distracted by my spell, I'm going to dash as quietly as I can manage in these shoes along the shortest path possible towards the edge of the building, then quickly melt a small hole into it - no fancy fireballs or anything, just melt the exterior then move on in. Bolt can follow me - I'm honestly surprised how good I am at this sort of stuff. I figured I'd be terrible at stealth, but nope, turns out I'm as amazing as I think I am!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +2 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +0
Potential: 0/5 / MOT: Unlocked / Conditions: ANGRY

Wait, Renfields, here? I hadn't even considered there might be a vampire here. This was big. No wonder Mom-

And then, Flaire was giving me that flashy look of hers. I didn't even get to tell her to stop before she sent up a fireworks display and then started running for the building.

So lemme explain something about Renfields. They're dumb. Like, box of rocks dumb. Whatever initiative and free will they had is all suppressed by the vampire's hypnosis. But they're also impossible to distract because whatever orders they're operating under is the only thing they can think of. So if these guys had been told to "guard the door" that's exactly what they were going to do, and Flaire's distraction wasn't even going to register.

And she didn't know that.

"poo poo, poo poo, poo poo," I whispered under my breath. I couldn't call her back or they'd hear it, and I couldn't let them see her. I didn't have an arrow that could FIX this in time. I was about to just run after her and scoop her up and see if I could make it to the building before we got caught but then my hand bumped something on my belt.

Oh... YES. Thank you, Nika!

Quick as I could, I lobbed one of the round orange citrus grenades towards the Renfields. It bounced and skipped right in between them, and then went off in a bright yellow cloud of grapefruit-scented instant wake-up call. The extremely potent scent was strong enough to put werewolves completely off. I didn't know if it'd break a vampire's mind control, but it'd cause enough sneezing and watery eyes to get us past them, I hoped.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry," I whispered when I caught up to Flaire, who was helpfully burning a hole through the wall. "There's a vampire here! Those are his thralls!"

---

Spending a Team to assist Flaire, and Unleashing my Gadget powers on the Renfields. Plan is to overcome their mind-control (at least temporarily) with the sweet, extremely potent smell of Florida. Enough to get past them, anyway.
[22:52] <mistaya> !r 2d6+1
[22:52] <Krysmbot> mistaya, 6+1 = 7

Team to 2.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oooh! An angry mob with fire! Someone grab a pitchfork and it'll be like Pennsylvania all over again! Only with more power tools and less of everything smelling like horse poo poo.

Anyway, I got more punching to do! I figure I can mostly focus on the guys with the saws, keep 'em offa Nock. Personally I ain't to worried about the fire, Flaire's is totally gonna be a million times worse than theirs. Also you ever tell her I gave her a compliment, and I will find you.

But yeah, more punching. It's great!

[20:04:27] <ShootaBoy> Tatsu Punches More People
[20:04:33] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+2
[20:04:33] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 11+2 = 13
Resisting/avoiding their blows, and creating an opportunity for Nock.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Meeting the Parent?

Hah. Haha. Oh my god. It's Damascus. Tonight of all nights. I am so dead. It's a small comfort he actually used the intercom instead of the mental link, because all that's in there right now is 'Cuda. And, uh, I don't think either of us want him to see what I'm thinking about. Whew. But yeah... I should probably get dressed. And brush my teeth. And clean up all these empties, just in case it's one of those surprise base inspections. I don't think that's a thing, but who knows?

I stand up and start working my clothes back on, then hit the intercom, "Sure thing, Damascus. I'll be right down." I'd like to pretend I wasn't here, but that wouldn't work. Might as well just see what he wants. Maybe it's not to bust me for literally everything that went down tonight? I mean, I just went to the party as a chaperone. That's not a big deal. And sure, yeah, I may have gotten drunk with a teammate and then hooked up with her, but... Well, I mean, we're in a pretty committed relationship. I think? I... guess we never put a label on it, but that's a thing these days? Right?

As I slam all my mental filters back up and make drat well sure my Damascus issues are buried as deep as they can go — thing I need to discuss, yes, but not right this moment, — I shoot a look over to Cuda, "I should, uh, probably go check in with him..." I pause, then, somehow, in a less sure voice add, "Do you want to meet him?" I mean, the guy is kinda like my dad, so that's a big step. Also, he's psychic. That's got to be a little intimidating. But all the same, I'm hoping that she'll say yes.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"It sounded fine to me." Smiling back at Mithril, I kiss her again long and hard, trying let her feel my sincerity. It might have been a little corny or a little rough, whichever way she was worried about, but it sounded good. "And, I'll show it to you, eventually. It'd just make trouble if I showed you now." Since she has to see me and Casey every day it'd probably make her feel guilty thinking about me cheating on him and make her jealous to see me with him and not be with me. I know I would.

I jump nearly as badly as Mithril does, getting up and scrambling to pull my suit back on. It's Damascus! Yikes... I hope Mithril doesn't get in trouble for all of this! Finishing zipping up my suit, I hurry around the room gathering up our empty beer bottles and stuffing them into the bottom of my garbage can, then put the few unopened ones into the minifridge. Wait, what did she just say? "Oh uh, I do, but do you think he'll be able to tell what we did just from being near me? Don't want to get you in trouble..." I don't know too much about how his psychic powers work. But... she doesn't seem too confident on meeting him alone. "If you want me there, I'll come." Smiling a little nervously, I squeeze her hand.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Meeting the Parent?

I pause, then chuckle as some of the tension drains out of me, "No... I don't think we have to worry about that. Remember all those permission forms I stuffed under people's doors when I first got here?" Permission to engage in low-level mental surveillance in charged situations, permission to initiate a mental link, permission to... Well, you get the idea. There was quite a stack. "He's basically the authority on the ethical use of psychic powers vis-a-vis heroics. As long as you don't sign anything, I don't think he's going to go looking and..." I shrug and start gently pulling her along as I make for the door. "Well, I'd like you to be there, Cuda. You're both people that mean a lot to me, you know?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

"Right." I smile again, and head after her. It must be like introducing Casey to my parents. If I had parents I liked. If I had a boyfriend I liked. So it'd be like introducing Mithril to... ...The Cobalt Samurai, I guess. Not a perfect metaphor. Whatever. "Well, lets go meet the wizard!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Team: 2

Silver Bolt and Flaire: your teamwork works great. The citrus grenade breaks the mind control for long enough to let them gape up at the fireworks show, and you both dash past them. A quick melting of the lock from Flaire, and you're inside.

It's the warehouse is barely lit by the shafts of light that leak in from the streetlights outside. But, from what you can see, it looks like the whole warehouse is empty.

Except for a single, naked bulb hanging in the middle of the warehouse, shining on a medical bed, where Night Hunter lies restrained by leather belts around the bed. There are several clear IV bags leading to her arm on a rack next to her, and a man holding up a red vial to the light, looking at it quizzically. He's wearing a long black coat, a wide brimmed, black hat, and is deathly pale. He turns when you enter, and his head cocks to one side as he tries to place you. Then his eyes light up in recognition. He puts the vial down and steps towards you.

In a deep, Russian accent, the man speaks slowly and deliberately, "It is good that you have arrived, young one. Another subject will speed the science. Please, this does not have to hurt. So, put down your toys. I will even let your young friend leave unharmed if you cooperate. If you do not..."

The man's face splits into an inhumanly wide grin, showing far too many jagged teeth. And two, long, razor sharp fangs. "Well, I make no promises."

What do you do?

The Love Birds: You both clean up as best you can, but you killed a six pack between you. Nothing to do for the smell, though...

Damascus is sitting at the table, with his helmet off (Mithril, what's he look like under there, anyway?). His gaze shifts between the two of you, then he flushes slightly. He says, "I... didn't know you were... visiting with a team mate. My apologies. I hope I'm not interrupting. I just was in the area, and thought I'd check in."

He adds, "You know, there ARE supposed to be regular inspections. Just... a reminder." He looks over to Barracuda. He's recovered his composure, and his face gives nothing away. His tone, however, is bemused as he says, "I'm guessing that beer I smell is from when you broke up a fight with some drunks, correct?"

What do you do?

Mithril: Damascus! Flushing! When was the last time that happened? HAS it ever happened?

World's Most Ethical Telepath: You may give Damascus permission to have a mind meld. If so, explicitly give him permission and gain influence over him. In exchange, he'll ask two pierce the mask questions, and you can ask one.
If he has influence over you, one of those questions may instead be any question he wants.

Tatsu: As you lay into them, they scatter like bowling pins. Nock whips his bow around and slams it into the closest thug. Then, he takes advantage of the opening you gave him to leap onto the engine hoist to fire a pair of trick arrows (a net and a goo bomb) to incapacitate the last few thugs. Still holding on as he swings back and forth, he grins down at you as he says, "I think you got one more than me. Good job."

He then hops down and says, "Look. I don't know what the Storm King's problem is, but as far as I'm concerned, the League's lucky to have you." He adds, "...And I'll try and talk a bit of sense into Wildfire. No promises, though."

He's telling you what you are: A credit to the League. If you accept, shift savior up and danger down.

What do you do?

Chimera: he sneers at you, saying, "Sure, take a swing. You're just one step removed from a monster and duking it out with a real hero in the middle of the street would prove it."

What do you do?

He's basically admitting that it was him, if not in as many words.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 9, 2017

• Locked thread