Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Sir, their reinforcements seem to be building a wall around us. What do we do??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ilmucche posted:

It’s castles all the way down, seargeant.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

g0lbez posted:

i didn't know much about archimedes before this thread but after 10 mins of research he was cool af and his death by some no name rando over nothing was total bullshit

:hai:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Icochet posted:

We accidentally hired rappers instead of sappers. The situation is deteriorating fast.

Oh no, then who's at the hip-hop concert?!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You have selected: Regicide. If you know the name of the king or queen being murdered… press one!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
GUYS guys guys guys guys...

what if we just all got up and went around them?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

LuckyCat posted:

You have selected: Regicide. If you know the name of the king or queen being murdered… press one!

Louis

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
We had better leave really detailed and thorough records of exactly what has befallen our people so that our descendants will retain the memory of our downfall.

*scrawls SEA PEOPLE MONGOLS on a tablet, calls it a day*

=later=

*writes erotic fan fiction on clay tablets, safe in the knowledge that if he were to die at war, the rains would wash everything away*

*entire village catches fire, all that remains are clay tablets, dies of dysentery*

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
This is more boring than I thought it'd be. We really just have to sit here and do nothing while everyone inside the walls starves?
Let's launch some flaming rocks at them!

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Does anyone know why we are sieging the castle? Not questioning management decisions or anything, I just think I'll have more motivation if I understand the full picture.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

ilmucche posted:

We just build another wall in front of their wall and hopefully they'll crash into it.

Lord, did anyone here see Tron?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
AAAGH WHAT THE gently caress!?! Electric eels in a moat! what the gently caress!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Does anyone know why we are sieging the castle? Not questioning management decisions or anything, I just think I'll have more motivation if I understand the full picture.

they’re a bunch of dirty huguenots

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

And now I'm reminded of a bit from The Three Musketeers.

Alexandre Dumas posted:

As it was a time of war between the Catholics and the Huguenots, and as he saw the Catholics exterminate the Huguenots and the Huguenots exterminate the Catholics—all in the name of religion—he adopted a mixed belief which permitted him to be sometimes Catholic, sometimes a Huguenot.

It goes without saying that when he saw a Huguenot coming, he felt himself filled with such ardent Catholic zeal that he could not understand how, a quarter of an hour before, he had been able to have any doubts upon the superiority of our holy religion.

For my part, monsieur, I am Catholic—my father, faithful to his principles, having made my elder brother a Huguenot.

One day he was surprised in a lonely road between a Huguenot and a Catholic, with both of whom he had before had business, and who both knew him again; so they united against him and hanged him on a tree.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

I think it has something to do with cousin loving.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hey! Hey you up on the rampart! Can we have our frisbee back please?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks. Oh wait this isn't ours. Ours is blue and teutonic.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Vakal posted:

Real men like Julius Ceaser would build two walls.

two walls is a must for sure. one to deal with the defenders, one to protect yourself from any reinforcements that show up.

but...what if i told you about a third wall...

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

*What we are told*

You get a promotion

its all nice on rice posted:

I think it has something to do with cousin loving.

*The underlying truth*

You are demoted and sent up the ladder first for speaking such filth.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Look at that dumb metal tube they're pointing at us from the wall, they can't even afford a real ballista. I'm pretty sure I saw them pouring gray dust inside too.

"Hey dumbasses! Putting a big metal ball in your fail tube won't make your testicles drop!"

Vakal
May 11, 2008

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Crespolini posted:

two walls is a must for sure. one to deal with the defenders, one to protect yourself from any reinforcements that show up.

but...what if i told you about a third wall...

Ryan Reynolds cheekily looks at the camera and says, "Just don't break the fourth wall."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Gonna dress up like a ghost and try to run up that "afrightened" score, who's with me?

naem
May 29, 2011

TEETH

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Hehe. Buttress

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Cancer, and wolf?!?! One's enough but both of those at the same time?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If this siege doesn't end soon I'm going to make away myself.

Also OP I can't believe that after being besieged for 3 weeks and 11 pages that no pedantic good has pointed out that nobody ever used boiling oil in a siege. Hot sand and hot water but not oil.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Also OP I can't believe that after being besieged for 3 weeks and 11 pages that no pedantic good has pointed out that nobody ever used boiling oil in a siege. Hot sand and hot water but not oil.

You weren't even there man!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm dead from King's Evil

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

If this siege doesn't end soon I'm going to make away myself.

The ITT you're sieging a castle thread, sponsored by Exxon™️

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

its all nice on rice posted:

This is more boring than I thought it'd be. We really just have to sit here and do nothing while everyone inside the walls starves?
Let's launch some flaming rocks at them!

Have some patience son! I know you want to get your rocks off, but if you hold off on flinging your load it will be much more satisfying when you do.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Accidents: 0

Killed by several accidents: 46

What the hell was going on in London in 1632?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Accidents: 0

Killed by several accidents: 46

What the hell was going on in London in 1632?

We also have 62 people who died “suddenly”.

I think we have a serial killer loose in this siege, boys.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I couldnt get a hold of any carpenters in such a short notice, but I did manage to get my hands on this horse suit. Its designed for two, so choose your men wisely

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I hate it when I take my mad dog out for a walk and something else comes up and bites me.

Rage, rage against the Rising of the Lights!

From an epitaph:

Of one Parkins a boone Companion in Essex who dyed of the rising of the Lights.

Poore Parkins, now percust here lies,
Light hearted, till his Lights did rise.
Lights of the Body, are the Bellowes,
And hee, one of the best good fellowes
That Essex yeelded, (all we do know)
And breath'd, till they did cease to blow.

Overlaid, and starved at nurse? Okay, that led to some horrifying Google results.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Make away you're self

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Artillery crew getting drunk back at camp while 1 in 10 troopers survive storming the breach to take the city :coolfish:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

chainchompz posted:

Cancer, and wolf?!?! One's enough but both of those at the same time?

it's one of those animal team ups, like coyotes and badgers

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
I say we eat all the dogs and horses now, so we still have regular food at the end of the siege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ograbme posted:

I say we eat all the dogs and horses now, so we still have regular food at the end of the siege.

I'm afraid Wilhelm the Dyslexic misunderstood his orders and catapulted all the alive and well animals into the castle. There's still the plague infested carcasses if you're not too picky.