Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Valko posted:

Plates?

Do they just dump a big pile of spaghetti and meat on a metal table and let everyone divide it up among themselves? Because that kind of works better than serving the food on ridiculous plates so long as the metal table has a raised rim to keep the juices from flowing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
the spaghetti one is my jam, just toss that poo poo right on the table and give me wine

also the mouse trap one is cool if the trap is actually set

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Valko posted:

Okay, this is actually pretty damned good:

This is impressive. I hate it, but it's impressive.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wasn’t John Lennon constantly shoveling a bunch of spaghetti on a dinner table for Ringo’s aunt or something in Magical Mystery Tour, or was it a fever dream of mine? I only saw MMT once.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Valko posted:

Plates?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Bloop posted:

my personal pet peeve is stupid Caesar Salad tricks

Ahh yes, the "DIY" special. But it's a fancy restaurant so it's "deeÌwhy" on the menu.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Peru.

If you ever find yourself stuck on a picture, just think to yourself "it's a playful little dish" and move on. It's for the best.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Every single thing looks like an alien food prop from a star wars movie

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Peruvian food is boss.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Every single thing looks like an alien food prop from a star wars movie

Maybe it's because the dishes and tables are all stone but I was thinking it looks more like caveman food.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I am feeling a visceral sense of discomfort from this one. Like if Junji Ito was a food stylist :stonklol:

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Aardvark! posted:

Peru.

If you ever find yourself stuck on a picture, just think to yourself "it's a playful little dish" and move on. It's for the best:

Took so long to plate up that it's gone mouldy ☹

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Hate the game not the player. If some stupid rich gently caress comes to my lab asking me to do anti-aging research I'm taking the money. They won't get their lich transformation but I'm still getting that money.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
good fortune be with anyone who can do this poo poo for a living tbh, getting rich assholes to give you their money is the lord's work

if there's one thing that's extremely obvious from all these images it's that youre cucked from the moment you walk in the door if you actually eat this stuff whether or not it tastes nice or whatever. if you can get a goofy fucko to pay a grand to eat tiny quantities of food off a dirty rock you've basically owned them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Did I stumble into 4chan

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

lah di fuckin dah

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cucked and own-ed by food that i have decided is too extravagent my good goon sires!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

Cucked and own-ed by food that i have decided is too extravagent my good goon sires!!

lmao oh no

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
For a period of time, I was around some folks that seeded my hatred of the uber wealthy. Like, the sort that have destroyed their own people and didn't see the problem.

They didn't eat off rocks.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Das Boo posted:

For a period of time, I was around some folks that seeded my hatred of the uber wealthy.

to the guillotine with you, apparently

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Das Boo posted:

For a period of time, I was around some folks that seeded my hatred of the uber wealthy. Like, the sort that have destroyed their own people and didn't see the problem.

They didn't eat off rocks.

It only takes being around just “loaded” people to have a seated hatred for anyone with money. My aunt has always been loaded. She’s also always been callous, unkind, and ignorant to how she flaunts her wealth in front of the rest of us. One time for Christmas I got a crappy plain trucker hat from Walgreens (still had the $2.99 price tag on it), a deck of playing cards (also obviously from Walgreens), and what seemed to be a used water bottle all stuffed in a brown paper lunch bag with my name badly sharpied on it. Couldn’t even go through the trouble of at least putting a nice “to/from” Christmas sticker on it. I was 8 years old and already hated rich fucks.

She does make a killer pozole, though. And we thankfully eat it out of bowls and not a bedpan or a stiletto heel or some other bougie poo poo.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a couple more. these are intended to be serving plates for dry food, but they'd probably work better for like... jewelry.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I swear to god if we aren't eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes off of faberware plates from 1972 every single night I am burning this loving city DOWN

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

check it out my home town is trending on twitter. i had not heard of "Ellie and Daisy O'Donnell" before. but i can definitely believe that such people could spring from the proud land of my fathers because when yorkshire people get bougie they go in hard
https://twitter.com/i/events/1455841345482989576

i didn't know what the gently caress a "salt bae" was before either and i am sad, now that i do

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 3, 2021

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I swear to god if we aren't eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes off of faberware plates from 1972 every single night I am burning this loving city DOWN

dinner tonight: meatloaf and mashed potatoes served in a rustic old boot

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Empty Sandwich posted:

to the guillotine with you, apparently

I accept my fate if you kill them first.

You Are A Elf posted:

It only takes being around just “loaded” people to have a seated hatred for anyone with money. My aunt has always been loaded. She’s also always been callous, unkind, and ignorant to how she flaunts her wealth in front of the rest of us. One time for Christmas I got a crappy plain trucker hat from Walgreens (still had the $2.99 price tag on it), a deck of playing cards (also obviously from Walgreens), and what seemed to be a used water bottle all stuffed in a brown paper lunch bag with my name badly sharpied on it. Couldn’t even go through the trouble of at least putting a nice “to/from” Christmas sticker on it. I was 8 years old and already hated rich fucks.

She does make a killer pozole, though. And we thankfully eat it out of bowls and not a bedpan or a stiletto heel or some other bougie poo poo.

I wish 8 year-old you had chided her for providing you with proof she had been in a Walgreens.

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
More like Little Cube of Beef City

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

check it out my home town is trending on twitter. i had not heard of "Ellie and Daisy O'Donnell" before. but i can definitely believe that such people could spring from the proud land of my fathers because when yorkshire people get bougie they go in hard
https://twitter.com/i/events/1455841345482989576

i didn't know what the gently caress a "salt bae" was before either and i am sad, now that i do

This one is clearly an example of overspending just to say that you did it. However, on the story regarding the 37k food bill, what gets me is that it was clearly a larger group of diners and they purposely ordered:

quote:

a vintage 1996 bottle of Petrus was £9,100 alone, while two bottles of 2003 Petrus were also consumed at a whopping £9,950 each

Like you can't act stunned and shocked when you knowingly order 29k in wine and also know that your larger sized party will have a 15% service charge added to it by default. I mean, you know what you're ordering when you order vintage wines for your table by the bottle(s) that are priced in the thousands, each.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poverty goat posted:

dinner tonight: meatloaf and mashed potatoes served in a rustic old boot

will this bougie poo poo never END I scream into the void as I stomp futilely around my home

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm so hungry from looking at all this delicious looking food that I'm going to duel the next person who besmirches the good name of these faceless, nameless chefs creating these concoctions, or the good, rich folk eating them, to the death, verbally.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Big Beef City posted:

You forgot to use “goon sires” in your bon mot.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Empty Sandwich posted:

a couple more. these are intended to be serving plates for dry food, but they'd probably work better for like... jewelry.

Cool yard art or whatever

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Make a plaster mold of a turd then use the mold to make plates. Sell the artisinal hand crapped plates to Michelin starred restaurants. Instant :money:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Make a plaster mold of a turd then use the mold to make plates. Sell the artisinal hand crapped plates to Michelin starred restaurants. Instant :money:

Poo poo platter, coming right up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Make a plate of the masturbating Pompeii guy but he’s got a doughnut on his hog

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Onion rings or no dice

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
was watching an episode of 30 rock last night and liz lemon ate some popurri after asking if it was potpourri or chips and i thought of this thread potpourri

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the highlighted review for this place called their food "courageous" which is definitely a keyword I'm using moving forward

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
its a playful little dish :dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
To start, I'll have the rocks in an ashtray and I think we're gonna share the fish leather boot. Thanks.