Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSpatula
Jan 1, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
It's an avatar you see.
I would sell my soul for that canvas. Or give away money and stuff, but w/e.

As for the recent update, it sucks when everybody around you thinks you're gay. Can't be an effeminate straight guy, and clearly you can't be a masculine straight girl.

Edit: don't worry, kat. we'll make it through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Nobody thinks shes gay, she's just overreacting. Teenagers do that kind of thing.

Also, would kill to have that canvas. I guess he's selling some of them at his next con? Too bad it's several thousand miles away from here.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, it's been illustrated on more than one occasion that the other children suspect there's something going on between Annie and Kat.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Somewhere ChibiSoma is seething in rage. "Siddell's just mocking me," he mumbles as he clutches his shipping diagram in the fetal position.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I find it kind of terrible/hilarious that ChibiSoma was the first thing I thought of after I read this page.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ugh. Another girl-on-robot swordfight. Interest level plummeting.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

1stGear posted:

I find it kind of terrible/hilarious that ChibiSoma was the first thing I thought of after I read this page.

I'm not sure if I hate that he ruined my ability to like the comic at face value, or enjoy the fact that there's now another layer to appreciate Gunnerkrigg's brilliance.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 12, 2011

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Leovinus posted:

Ugh. Another girl-on-robot swordfight. Interest level plummeting.

Robot is the most generic Gary Cpu since Robby. Way to sell out to the technophobes.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'm not sure if I hate that he ruined my ability to like the comic at face value, or enjoy the fact that there's now another layer to appreciate Gunnerkrigg's brilliance.

The best part is that Tom does his comics months in advance so all this is like a clairvoyant burn.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

farraday posted:

Robot is the most generic Gary Cpu since Robby. Way to sell out to the technophobes.

Technophile, I think you'll find.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Technophile, I think you'll find.
No, it's like being a homophobe. They hate the robots because deep down they crave robocock.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, it's like being a homophobe. They hate the robots because deep down they crave robocock.

um actually as a person with knowledge in the field of psychology i can tell you that most technophobes hate robots because secretly they, themselves, are robots :colbert:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

SexyBlindfold posted:

um actually as a person with knowledge in the field of psychology i can tell you that most technophobes hate robots because secretly they, themselves, are robots :colbert:

Does...does this mean Jones is a technophobe? :ohdear:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

That explains the cravings, doesn't it? :colbert:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

mrpwase posted:

Does...does this mean Jones is a technophobe? :ohdear:

Yes

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

That explains the cravings, doesn't it? :colbert:

uhhh no, robots don't have cravings, they are just programmed for robocock. don't you know anything about robots :colbert:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

uhhh no, robots don't have cravings, they are just programmed for robocock. don't you know anything about robots :colbert:
No. I don't. :colbert:

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

FactsAreUseless posted:

No. I don't. :colbert:

Is that because you are a robot?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Geekner posted:

Nobody thinks shes gay, she's just overreacting. Teenagers do that kind of thing.

Also, would kill to have that canvas. I guess he's selling some of them at his next con? Too bad it's several thousand miles away from here.

There have been a few times where it's been brought up before. Before Paz mentioned it I don't think it's been brought up in a way that wasn't meant to hurt or anger Annie and Kat, which could be why Kat's so reactive to it now. I know Reynard said something about it when he was in his rear end in a top hat phase and Jack taunted Kat with it during the camping trip.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Do you people really think that ChibiSoma is the first rear end in a top hat on the internet to obsess over how "totally lesbo" Annie and Kat are? I can remember it being a thing almost as long as Gunnerkrigg has been around.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Cowcaster posted:

Do you people really think that ChibiSoma is the first rear end in a top hat on the internet to obsess over how "totally lesbo" Annie and Kat are? I can remember it being a thing almost as long as Gunnerkrigg has been around.

No, but he was the first one dumb enough to do it all over the internet under the same username as he has here and then also post about it in a thread that Tea-san reads.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zenzirouj posted:

No, but he was the first one dumb enough to do it all over the internet under the same username as he has here and then also post about it in a thread that Tea-san reads.

Not to mention a lot of direct insulting of Tom and his writing. He's not the first person, just the most spergy.

And yeah, this page is just Kat being hyper-sensitive about the whole thing since Paz and misinterpreting harmless actions as the gay. Presumably the rest of the chapter will be spent teaching her there's nothing wrong with that. A very special episode of Gunnerkrigg Court.

That's not what I actually think is going to happen.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

So why aren't we discussing Kat's power to materialize arrows?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

So why aren't we discussing Kat's power to materialize arrows?!
Smitty actually did that subconsciously. He felt that the panel was too hard to read without them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is it time for a trip to the hospital? :ohdear:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The Blade is bent enough that she probably wasn't actually stabbed.

Probably.

... At least I really, really hope not.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a fencing weapon and she's wearing a fencing costume. She's fine. It's meant to bend safely. That's just a score for Robot.

I wonder if Robot could fight Jeanne. And if not, I wonder if Robot could safely dive to the riverbed.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zore posted:

The Blade is bent enough that she probably wasn't actually stabbed.

Probably.

... At least I really, really hope not.

No, sorry, Parley is dead now and Smitty must become grim and edgy so he can set off to destroy all robots to avenge her. Including Robox and Jones.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if Robot could fight Jeanne. And if not, I wonder if Robot could safely dive to the riverbed.

Jeanne is an Etheric being. Robots are robots. I guess the court robots have SOME Etheric factors to make them go, but for the most part they are material objects existing in the physical world. I doubt Robot could eve SEE her.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fatkraken posted:

Jeanne is an Etheric being. Robots are robots. I guess the court robots have SOME Etheric factors to make them go, but for the most part they are material objects existing in the physical world. I doubt Robot could eve SEE her.

Which is why I was also wondering if Robot would be able to get down and fiddle around on the riverbed without tripping Jeanne.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Suffer, like G did?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
That's more like it, Robot!

I wonder if the entire operation of destroying Diego's device could be carried out by robots. If Jeanne can't affect them, they could probably haul the arrow out of the water without disturbance and break it into tiny pieces or whatever. (I don't think we know for sure that Jeanne can't affect them, though.)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Fatkraken posted:

That's what Shadow's for.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

idonotlikepeas posted:

That's more like it, Robot!

I wonder if the entire operation of destroying Diego's device could be carried out by robots. If Jeanne can't affect them, they could probably haul the arrow out of the water without disturbance and break it into tiny pieces or whatever. (I don't think we know for sure that Jeanne can't affect them, though.)

We don't know enough about exactly what was done to her and how it has bound her spirit to the shore to know what would happen. Also any interactions between the robots and Jeanne are going to be extremely unpredictable, given that they practically worship her. They're not unthinking tools.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fatkraken posted:

They're not unthinking tools.

Boxbot is a pretty big tool.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Cabbit posted:

Boxbot is a pretty big tool.

But not unthinking.

Bats Everywhere
Dec 25, 2010

My Little Pony
I used to wonder
What this shit could be
My Little Pony
Until you all shared
Its magic with me

FredMSloniker posted:

But not unthinking.

This is debatable.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Bats Everywhere posted:

This is debatable.

I think you're confusing unthinking and unthinkable.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
So this is where Parley comes up with Lichtenauer style teleport-fencing right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Ka0 posted:

So this is where Parley comes up with Lichtenauer style teleport-fencing right.

Parley is going to become Nightcrawler. Literally Nightcrawler. Book it.