Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bacon Terrorist posted:

To be fair I did read a while ago that Spain pulled a bit of a dick move by enticing top players with their pitiful rate of income tax but then when the government coffers were empty they jacked the tax on image rights. May be misinterpreting that but it does seem all these instances are image rights related.

You are misreading it because that's actually very good and the opposite of a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gigi Galli posted:

You are misreading it because that's actually very good and the opposite of a dick move.

I agree with the fair taxation of the rich just to clarify, just a dick move from the perspective of your multimillionaire footballer who may well have factored the low tax rate into their transfer decision.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

To be fair I did read a while ago that Spain pulled a bit of a dick move by enticing top players with their pitiful rate of income tax but then when the government coffers were empty they jacked the tax on image rights. May be misinterpreting that but it does seem all these instances are image rights related.

I’m very vague on what happened, but I seem to recall that they had some provisional law in place regarding the lower tax rate, and then they repealed it and held them all accountable for what the taxes would have been absent the provisional law. So now they’re shaking them all down for a couple million each.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I agree with the fair taxation of the rich just to clarify, just a dick move from the perspective of your multimillionaire footballer who may well have factored the low tax rate into their transfer decision.

Yeah I feel so bad for these poor millionaires

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Unlike normal taxes, which are incurred when income is earned and taxed in any given year, these taxes were applied retroactively on a very specific kind of income that had been earned years before.

This is more like theft-by-government than normal taxation.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
didn't they do this in saudi which with pleasing symmetry is where these clubs get their money from anyway

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/961268146966552578

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
Balls to hand, ref!

edit: But I got the ball, ref!

edit: deliberate handling.

Bio-Hazard fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 8, 2018

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

quote:

Not long ago, exciting young American center back Matt Miazga was out in England effectively ending the Chelsea careers of legendary players John Terry and Radamel Falcao.

What

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
legendary Chelsea player Radamel Falcao

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't even remember him ever playing for Chelsea.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
According to Wikipedia he was on loan to the Chels and also that his nickname is “King of the Europa League” lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I’m told it’s largely a ceremonial position.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think they literally signed him because he scored a hat trick against them in the UEFA Super Cup a few years earlier lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Remember he went to Chelsea after he was not very good at United.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vagabundo posted:

He made two appearances for them. I think I remember one.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

He made two appearances for them. I think I remember one.

He made 10 league appearances for Chelsea.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

this is also a good time to have a laugh and remember Pato played for them as well

Vaxine
Apr 3, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Remember he went to Chelsea after he was not very good at United.

See Veron, Juan and Bosnich, Mark

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Shrapnig posted:

He made 10 league appearances for Chelsea.

He actually made 2. He was so bad in the Swansea match he got substituted off at half.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

friend, welcome to the fun and exciting world of Billy Haisley

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
In surprised given their legendary stupidity there hasn’t been a footballer mass cloud hack ala The Fappening yet.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
why would anyone want to see naked footballers

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

qsvui posted:

they've mostly got p decent looking wives though

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

qsvui posted:

I’m sure there’s some weird-rear end debauchery going on. That’s premium banter fuel.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

why wouldnt you want to see which footballers have hosed up little weiners or a twix up they bum

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Bogan Krkic posted:

why wouldnt you want to see which footballers have hosed up little weiners or a twix up they bum

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Pennant taking the ‘players need an audience’ a step too far.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5543191/liverpool-jermaine-pennant-caught-online-sex-romp-wife/

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Actually he’s smarter than the other morons since he’s at least getting paid.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reminder that footballers have the same level of mental development as a 16 year old who hardly went to school and never did his homework. It's a miracle that some of them can actually read and write.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I'm sure it's completely coincidental that this article is basically a long-form advert for his wife's webcam streaming.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

oliwan posted:

Reminder that footballers have the same level of mental development as a 16 year old who hardly went to school and never did his homework. It's a miracle that some of them can actually read and write.

Didn't know you were a footballer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/11/said-and-done-football-diary-gianni-infantino-ramzan-kadyrov

quote:

Africa’s confederation president Ahmad Ahmad – happy with newly elected executive Patrice Edouard Ngaissona’s fit and proper status. Ahmad said Ngaissona – a former Central African Republic terror group leader who denies links to atrocities – was “being destroyed” on social media, “but [there are] integrity checks at Fifa. And he passed his integrity check.”

:eyepop:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
He means his check didn't bounce

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

brocked posted:

He means his check didn't bounce

Coincidentally the entry requirement for his rogue paramilitary involving european UN peace keepers

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
This belongs somewhere
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43055733

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I miss the days of Portsmouth having some ridiculous cowboy looking to buy them every other week

Remember the Italian American dude who wanted to buy them because he thought they were called Pompeii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
No love for the four West Brom players who stole a taxi in Barcelona?